Felipe Anderson

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I bet at the very least 50% of people who want him on here have never seen him play and simply want him because a) they're butthurt about Pedro or b) they know he has pace.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His pace does look at that ridiculously frightful level, though. He seems to use it to not only get up but back down the pitch as well, which is good to see. Doubt it'll happen but still.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What is Di Marzio saying about this? Nobody better when it comes to Italian football...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Di Marzio reported our interest 2 months back. Haven't seen him say Anything of interest since.

izec

Will not happen. LvG hates Brazilians, on top of that going for him as 2nd choice after Neymar is disappointing.

jem

I bet at the very least 50% of people who want him on here have never seen him play and simply want him because a) they're butthurt about Pedro or b) they know he has pace.
Yeah you're probably right, but then who really cares?

prath92

I myself am wary of signing Brazilians. Other than Neymar none of the other Brazilian forwards in the last 10 years ever fulfilled their potential. Not trying to be offensive to Brazilians but a good number of them are hyped more than their actual ability.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nothing wrong with that. We do need someone with pace to burn. Would add a nice little dimension. I wouldn't want us to pay bizarre money for a rubbish player but I do think a signing that adds has to be made, whether it's a cheap punt at 10 million or 30 million signing the club really rates highly.

bucky

I myself am wary of signing Brazilians. Other than Neymar none of the other Brazilian forwards in the last 10 years ever fulfilled their potential. Not trying to be offensive to Brazilians but a good number of them are hyped more than their actual ability.
There's a good chance Brazil will improve offensively with their attacking talent and rely less on Neymar. He'll obviously continue to be their main threat, but with Lucas, Firmino, Felipe Anderson, Coutinho, Douglas Costa, Oscar, Rafinha and Talisca they should improve. I doubt they'll all turn out to be overhyped players. For example Lucas, Firmino and Douglas Costa have proven over various seasons that they are good players. There are also quite a lot of talented players in other positions and we'd be foolish to overlook them, because they might not fulfil their potential.

Reeks of panic mode
He's a good player though. But if we were to sign him, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd struggle in his first season. Same thing happened at Lazio.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There's a good chance Brazil will improve offensively with their attacking talent and rely less on Neymar. He'll obviously continue to be their main threat, but with Lucas, Firmino, Felipe Anderson, Coutinho, Douglas Costa, Oscar, Rafinha and Talisca they should improve. I doubt they'll all turn out to be overhyped players. For example Lucas, Firmino and Douglas Costa have proven over various seasons that they are good players. There are also quite a lot of talented players in other positions and we'd be foolish to overlook them, because they might not fulfil their potential.

He's a good player though. But if we were to sign him, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd struggle in his first season. Same thing happened at Lazio.
He looks incredible for Bayern.

bucky

He looks incredible for Bayern.
I thought it was actually surprising that he stayed that long in Ukraine. He's looked good whenever I saw Donetsk. I didn't think he would be that good for Bayern though.

Suedesi

Not for the numbers quoted in here, he ain't.

Rich_H_1989

lost in a street fight to van gaal
I'll be honest... I've not seen this guy play other than that video. Looks quick and good from that but to be fair you can make a clip of anyone look good. Plus it's the Italian league so he's basically running against slugs :cool::D!

Players from Italy have mixed results in England especially strikers. It's a very different league with a different style.

Tosicsleftpeg

I'll be honest... I've not seen this guy play other than that video. Looks quick and good from that but to be fair you can make a clip of anyone look good. Plus it's the Italian league so he's basically running against slugs :cool::D!

Players from Italy have mixed results in England especially strikers. It's a very different league with a different style.
Yeah totally age with the Italian import thing they very rarely do well in the prem,I can think of a list of big money flops from serie a.

Shevchenko, Jovetic, Aquilani being 3 big ones of the top of my head.

Rich_H_1989

Yeah totally age with the Italian import thing they very rarely do well in the prem,I can think of a list of big money flops from serie a.

You can add to that Veron, Mutu, Taibi, Lamela, Balotelli and Balotelli. A lot of flops and I think that's largely down to the vast differences in tempo and style.

AkaAkuma

You can add to that Veron, Mutu, Taibi, Lamela, Balotelli and Balotelli. A lot of flops and I think that's largely down to the vast differences in tempo and style.
Let's not forgot the most obvious comparison, Cuadrado. Similar rep. before his move.

Rich_H_1989

Let's not forgot the most obvious comparison, Cuadrado. Similar rep. before his move.
Oh yeah of course Cuadrado as well! Though he's never really been given a fair crack has he? He gets 20 minutes here and there to try and make an impact. Though admittedly he's yet to do so.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Pogba, Vidal, Strootman, Totti, De Rossi Juve backline, Pirlo, Marchisio, Tevez. All good players that are likely to succeed in PL if they'd come. Vernon, Mutu, Tiabi are bad examples. There are enough flops to be wary- Aquilani, Lamela, Jovetic, Cuadardo, Nasatic, Savic.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I bet half the people who don't want him have never seen him play beyond a few you tube highlights either and automatically think
A) not another anderson or b) wet winter wednesday at West brom

Sadly you tube has made everybody an instant scouting expert

Rich_H_1989

Pogba, Vidal, Strootman, Totti, De Rossi Juve backline, Pirlo, Marchisio, Tevez. All good players that are likely to succeed in PL if they'd come. Vernon, Mutu, Tiabi are bad examples. There are enough flops to be wary- Aquilani, Lamela, Jovetic, Cuadardo, Nasatic, Savic.
Pogba I agree, as I do with Vidal and Strootman because they are fairly combative players. Not sure about Totti but it's unfair to judge him as he never came over. Basically that's a mixed bag and enough examples to put us off.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The second Balotelli maybe, but certainly not the first one. No way was Balotelli a 'City flop'. The British media have it in for him, and make it seem like he's damaged goods who has been given numerous last chances by managers when it isn't the case.

The only time in his career that he has actually flopped is at Liverpool. He was a success at Inter, despite people thinking he was a bit of an idiot, likewise at City, likewise at Milan. He didn't join Liverpool as a result of him being 'kicked out of Milan' for example, and he was not unable to score there.

Adrian Mutu was also very good for Chelsea, but off the field issues interfered. When he joined, he looked very good for a while though. Jovetic was also good, and scored goals for City when he was fit and able to be on the pitch.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Only club Balotelli was success in (and that's a far stretch) was Milan.
He was a success at Inter, hence him getting a £25m transfer as a youngster. Because he was an idiot doesn't change that.

I don't ever really recall the issue with him at City was being a bad footballer either.

Mali_Zeus

He was a success at Inter, hence him getting a £25m transfer as a youngster. Because he was an idiot doesn't change that.

I don't ever really recall the issue with him at City was being a bad footballer either.
Yeah but it's a package, he had disciplinary problems in all the clubs he was in. He's wasting his talent and his career (although I don't get all the hype, never did tbh). He got a 25m transfer cause he was being regarded as a big talent at the time.

MJJ

Yeah but it's a package, he had disciplinary problems in all the clubs he was in. He's wasting his talent and his career (although I don't get all the hype, never did tbh). He got a 25m transfer cause he was being regarded as a big talent at the time.
20 goals in 59 appearances for Inter, winning the golden boy competition as well.
20 goals in 54 appearances for City
26 goals in 43 appearances for Milan, part of the serie a team of the year.

I would say thats a very decent-good career for him till that point. Maybe hasnt lived up to his initial hypes but by no means a disappointing career or a flop.

Mali_Zeus

20 goals in 59 appearances for Inter, winning the golden boy competition as well.
20 goals in 54 appearances for City
26 goals in 43 appearances for Milan, part of the serie a team of the year.

I would say thats a very decent-good career for him till that point. Maybe hasnt lived up to his initial hypes but by no means a disappointing career or a flop.
Yeah, decent, but that's about it.

Ringo 07

I can definitely see either Anderson or Gaitan coming in as our last signing before the window shuts so that Mata can be more central perhaps.....Gaitan has more pace than Pedro and I wouldn't be surprised if that is what Van Gaal was thinking when he continuously delayed the signing of Pedro.....Apparently Gaitan will be called up to the next Argentina squad soon meaning it would boost his chances of securing a move to England....whether that happens before September 1st I don't know......But Gaitan is actually a much better player than people give him credit for....I have a mate who is from Lisbon and who is a Portuguese league fanatic and he told me Gaitan was the best player in Portugal currently

Red_toad

Zola, Ravanelli, Darmain, Di Matteo, Vialli, De Canio, Henry, Vieria, the list goes on of top class players brought over from Italy. Even our own Evra played out there.
Those 3 flops were all suspect to injuries & were. It up to the physical demands in England.

If we were to get someone from Italy right now, Icardi would be my choice, as we're in need of a mobile, skilful striker.

ravi2

I can definitely see either Anderson or Gaitan coming in as our last signing before the window shuts so that Mata can be more central perhaps.....Gaitan has more pace than Pedro and I wouldn't be surprised if that is what Van Gaal was thinking when he continuously delayed the signing of Pedro.....Apparently Gaitan will be called up to the next Argentina squad soon meaning it would boost his chances of securing a move to England....whether that happens before September 1st I don't know......But Gaitan is actually a much better player than people give him credit for....I have a mate who is from Lisbon and who is a Portuguese league fanatic and he told me Gaitan was the best player in Portugal currently

Dude, feck Gaitan

Ish

Lights on for Luke
@Sly

Aye, I might be wrong but I think the Benfca fans might disagree with your mate. I recall Sly posting something similar recently.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
@Sly

Aye, I might be wrong but I think the Benfca fans might disagree with your mate. I recall Sly posting something similar recently.
Gaitan isn´t the best player in Portugal currently. Carrillo is in much better form than him. He has been a non factor in Benfica disastrous start of season where they lost to us in the Super Cup and to freakin Arouca this weekend :lol: Nani was better than him last year but of course im biased. If we compare Nani and Gaitán´s performance in the Champions League (where it matters), then there is no comparison. Nani was 3x times better than Gaitán. Last year Jackson Martinez was much better than Gaitán as well. Gaitán isn´t good enough for United like i said. If we take a look at Benfica´s forum most of them agree he isn´t a 30 million player. They also agree that if Gaitán could shoot then he would be a top winger. As for the Pedro vs Gaitán comparison :lol: cmon the spaniard is a much better player. Gaitán might be a bit quicker but Pedro has much more quality. And he proved that at Barcelona and Spain, not Benfica and being sporadically called to Argentina without having any impact like Gaitán. Loaning Januzaj and getting Gaitán would me no sense in my view.