Felipe Anderson

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I'm not really a fan of players in his style. Looks okay though. But then they all do in highlight videos.

Loublaze

ATLien
His youtube clips look very unimpressive so I do not see why a nunber of caftards would keep talking about quick feet and how he is amazingly skillful or more skillful than Firmino (whose videos contain more moments of true skill than the run and cutback crap from Anderson).
Our eyes see different things. Thats the beauty of life. Anderson Felipe looks more skillful to me...and i've watched both players.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Looks good on Scout Nation, although I think he needs to mix up his playing style a bit. He's unbelievably fast but Premier League defenders will just clobber him.

He's got a cracking shot, too. I'd be all for this transfer.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not impressed by the clips I've watched. Great way to judge, I know.

Devil may care

Unless Di Maria is off I don't see any room for another winger with pretty much the same skill set.

C'est Moi Cantona

Unless Di Maria is off I don't see any room for another winger with pretty much the same skill set.
Of course we need another winger, we have Young who could turn crap again any day, Depay who will defiantly need some time to adjust, Januzaj who was really poor on the wing last season and needs a loan or switch of position, and ADM who was erratic last season and may be better in midfield long term.

We potentially have room for two wingers imo, but one will do for now, and if we're taking a punt on getting a potentially top class one then it has to be Anderson.

Loublaze

ATLien
Di Maria has played the best football of his career more centrally. Anderson is not even an out and out winger, he's considered an attacking mid who can play left, right and down the middle. I think its an either or when it comes to him and Firmino, I don't think we're looking to buy both

jesperjaap

From watching clips of him, the way he moves his body and runs, rapid pace, wonder goals, even his eyes and face just screams to me.........Nani

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
to be fair Nani was one of the world's best in 2009/10

amolbhatia50k

From watching clips of him, the way he moves his body and runs, rapid pace, wonder goals, even his eyes and face just screams to me.........Nani
Nani's natural dribbling ability was among the best I've seen, though. I just saw one clip and wasn't too impressed, but does this guy have that level of natural ability?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Nani's natural dribbling ability was among the best I've seen, though. I just saw one clip and wasn't too impressed, but does this guy have that level of natural ability?
Yeah, saw that 8 or so mins ''OMFG AMAZING SKILLAZOS'' compilation of him posted in this thread. All I saw was him running hard with the ball and change direction or cutback. Not many true great skill or close control moments.

Sam

I was under the impression that Firmino was quite comfortably the better talent, the fact he's a Brazil regular, while Anderson only has 1 cap certainly sways that theory...but I must say, that video on the first page is pretty impressive.

amolbhatia50k

Yeah, saw that 8 or so mins ''OMFG AMAZING SKILLAZOS'' compilation of him posted in this thread. All I saw was him running hard with the ball and change direction or cutback. Not many true great skill or close control moments.
Same.

Rossa

Looks faster than Nani, even at his prime where he was one of the fastest in the league, but Nani seems to be more of a dribbler. Felipe's strides is somewhat reminiscent of Fat-Ronaldo's, and that is saying something. We need someone with that kind of pace and power.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I was under the impression that Firmino was quite comfortably the better talent, the fact he's a Brazil regular, while Anderson only has 1 cap certainly sways that theory...but I must say, that video on the first page is pretty impressive.
Not really, given the fact Anderson's still about a year younger than Firmino was when he made his international debut.

JohnnyLaw

:lol:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Sounds like Valencia back in his prime.

jesperjaap

to be fair Nani was one of the world's best in 2009/10
I dont think there was ever any doubting Nani in terms of natural ability..... pace, dribbling ability, talent to score wonder goals etc etc. I guess the year you are referring to was the one really good season he had for us where he played on the left I think and suited him so much more, his best position. Sadly his decision making, consistency, crossing amongst other things never progressed from when we signed him, in fact it probably went backwards even. Whether this was due to him being out of position and not suited to his game or just the player I would say the latter. Not seen anything of Anderson personally but if he has the end product and decision making to go along with the similar movement, pace and talent of Nani I would be happy if we signed him.

Devil may care

Of course we need another winger, we have Young who could turn crap again any day, Depay who will defiantly need some time to adjust, Januzaj who was really poor on the wing last season and needs a loan or switch of position, and ADM who was erratic last season and may be better in midfield long term.

We potentially have room for two wingers imo, but one will do for now, and if we're taking a punt on getting a potentially top class one then it has to be Anderson.
Even taking Januzaj out there is Di Maria, Memphis, Mata and Young for the wings and Anderson would need time to adjust the same as Memphis. I just can't see us buying another £30M wide player this window without one of Mata or Di Maria being sold a I don't see either playing centrally.

Di Maria has played the best football of his career more centrally. Anderson is not even an out and out winger, he's considered an attacking mid who can play left, right and down the middle. I think its an either or when it comes to him and Firmino, I don't think we're looking to buy both
He did have a great half season centrally in a different league, I don't see LvG using him there in the PL though, he's too careless and not physically strong enough. Every time I have seen Anderson play it's been as a wide man, where as Firmino can play as a striker.

jesperjaap

Totally agree regarding DiMaria. This is what I just didnt understand last season. Is best season at Real Madrid was playing as an attacking central midfielder, his first few games for us when he looked superb were as a central midfielder yet post injury/burglary whenever he has played it has been out wide? DiMaria is a very good winger but a bloody brilliant attacking central midfielder. I thought the early signs of a central midfield of:
Blind/Carrick

Herrera DiMaria

were very promising regardless of the results yet Herrera then got dropped for half the season and Di Maria got played out wide. Either play Di Maria in the middle where he can be devastatating or sell him as as a winger he isnt worth £60m

Loublaze

ATLien
Totally agree regarding DiMaria. This is what I just didnt understand last season. Is best season at Real Madrid was playing as an attacking central midfielder, his first few games for us when he looked superb were as a central midfielder yet post injury/burglary whenever he has played it has been out wide? DiMaria is a very good winger but a bloody brilliant attacking central midfielder. I thought the early signs of a central midfield of:
Blind/Carrick

Herrera DiMaria

were very promising regardless of the results yet Herrera then got dropped for half the season and Di Maria got played out wide. Either play Di Maria in the middle where he can be devastatating or sell him as as a winger he isnt worth £60m
Bang on! I also feel he was wasted in that period after the unfortunate incident.

NoPace

Blind/Carrick

Herrera DiMaria

A normal manager just trying to get our best players in their best positions would probably line us up asymmetrically, similar to this.

--------Rooney--------
Memphis---------------
----Mata----DiMaria---
-------Herrera---------
---------DM------------
Shaw---------------RB
-----LCB--Smalling----
---------GK-------------

With signings or current options (Carrick/Blind, Rafael/Valencia, Jones/Rojo, Valdes) filling in the gaps. Herrera presses, like 8s do at big teams (Modric, Gabi) that play anything close to similar.

We have 2 excellent creative talents in Mata and Di Maria but haven't really given them freedom and told them to go create chances for 2 attackers with Herrera and a holder supporting/linking up with them, which I think would be the normal thing to do.

We got 4th, but scored a paltry 62 goals, including an anemic 21 in 19 games away (T-7th in the league). I can't help but think we'd have done better than that with Mata and Di Maria creating on the break.

NoPace

More on topic, I saw Lazio 3-4 times the final few months of the season and Anderson does have stupidly quick feet but drifted in and out of games. Candreva is too old and not enough of a goalscorer to be a logical signing, but it was a bit of a contrast how much he (the other AM/W there) got involved in games and created things. Anderson stayed on the perimeter more.

Apparently Anderson had a weaker 2nd half, so maybe he just ran out of gas, which at his age and experience levels would be sort of understandable, though some people have said he may have weight issues, always scary when discussing nimble Brazilians.

jatin

there's too much blood in my alcohol system!!
This.

Seems to be a one-trick pony, though I haven't really seen too much of him. Though he is young enough to develop his game.

Roboc7

We definitely need another attacking player, ideally someone with pace and ability to beat men, Felipe anderson fits the bill but it would surely mean offloading mata or di Maria so hard to see us being interested in him. Would prefer we bring in a forward like lacazette instead.

Loublaze

ATLien
This.

Seems to be a one-trick pony, though I haven't really seen too much of him. Though he is young enough to develop his game.
Firmino as the alternative doesn't even seem to have a single trick.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'd prefer Turan
I like Anderson from what I've seen, but I'd prefer a proper striker if given the choice (or Gareth Bale if poss). Shame Dybala and Vietto went off the market early. Lacazette looks like the one who fits the profile who could be 'available', although I wouldn't turn down Icardi either. We need an aggressive goalscorer.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I like Anderson from what I've seen, but I'd prefer a proper striker if given the choice (or Gareth Bale if poss). Shame Dybala and Vietto went off the market early. Lacazette looks like the one who fits the profile who could be 'available', although I wouldn't turn down Icardi either. We need an aggressive goalscorer.
Can't disagree with that

diarm

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Crux is that after losing out on Pedro and with Bale/Neymar unrealistic, United have turned our attentions to Anderson and are interested in a deal worth as much €50million.

Says that Lazio are unlikely to want to sell, especially if they complete their qualification for the Champions League following their 1-0 win at home to Leverkusen.
Thanks bud