Felipe Anderson

C'est Moi Cantona

This is just so daft unless the rumoured fee is considerably lower than has been speculated.
£15-£18 m is maybe worth a punt, but for £35 m + you are almost into elite player territory, which he is clearly not atm.

He was 2/1 the other day to still be at Lazio at the end of this window, and I'd say that was a good bet if it's still available.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
He'd be our Firmino (don't know which one of them it's harsh on). Clearly a smoke screen for Neymar.

LonelyFire

If we were in any kind of discussions then I don't think he would have been involved today. I still think this up there with Gaitan.... i.e horeshit.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This is just so daft unless the rumoured fee is considerably lower than has been speculated.
£15-£18 m is maybe worth a punt, but for £35 m + you are almost into elite player territory, which he is clearly not atm.

He was 2/1 the other day to still be at Lazio at the end of this window, and I'd say that was a good bet if it's still available.
Not anymore unfortunately, fees for a great player are well in excess of £60m :nervous:

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Certainly mr barrister sir.

I hope the evidence below satisfies you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ooney-road-greatness-hes-eager-win-again.html
Very unsatisfied. A: It's the Daily Fail and B: There are no quotes to back your claim that RVN was unhappy because Rooney got in ahead of him. If anything reports around that time were saying RVN was unhappy at the special treatment Ronaldo was receiving and he had insulted Ronaldo on a few occasions during training thus resulting in him getting dropped and later sold on. Rooney and RVN were a great front pairing.

hubbuh

Very unsatisfied. A: It's the Daily Fail and B: There are no quotes to back your claim that RVN was unhappy because Rooney got in ahead of him. If anything reports around that time were saying RVN was unhappy at the special treatment Ronaldo was receiving and he had insulted Ronaldo on a few occasions during training thus resulting in him getting dropped and later sold on. Rooney and RVN were a great front pairing.
Ha! To be honest I was going off my admittedly shoddy memory. I was only a youngster at the time and I remember my old man lambasting Fergie for dropping RvN for a young Rooney. Looking at the info from that League Cup final now, it seems more likely he was dropped for Saha. The transition was obviously being made to making Rooney the main man up top though which would naturally come at his expense.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Ha! To be honest I was going off my admittedly shoddy memory. I was only a youngster at the time and I remember my old man lambasting Fergie for dropping RvN for a young Rooney. Looking at the info from that League Cup final now, it seems more likely he was dropped for Saha. The transition was obviously being made to making Rooney the main man up top though which would naturally come at his expense.
I think there was something said like Querioz is your dad run to daddy, Ronaldo had just lost his real father.

rooney1905

Yeah, and wasn't this also when RvN fell out with Fergie cos Rooney was getting picked over him towards end of season?
It was Saha who was keeping RvN out of the team and rightfully so. When he wasn't injured he was a fantastic striker. Pace, power, finishing, dribbling.

Norris

It seems, we are really in for this guy. His agent in England, a bid been accepted, just some financial payment to be sorted out etc... Even the Lazio Manager didn't exactly dismiss the rumours. Not looking good (Except for those that actually want him here).

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It seems, we are really in for this guy. His agent in England, a bid been accepted, just some financial payment to be sorted out etc... Even the Lazio Manager didn't exactly dismiss the rumours. Not looking good (Except for those that actually want him here).
Club is denying interest. We will know soon enough.

Zoo

Where did you read this?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
:nervous:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So according to the MEN, we aren't interested in him "this window". Not sure why his agent would have flown over otherwise but hey.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So according to the MEN, we aren't interested in him "this window". Not sure why his agent would have flown over otherwise but hey.
He has the same agent than Martial, Cabaye and a dozen of other PL players.

C'est Moi Cantona

This is dead in water and amen to that.

If we are going to continue with playing two out Schneiderlin/Carrick/Schweinstegier at all times then for four positions we have - Martial, Rooney, Herrera, Mata, Fellaini, Depay, Januzaj, Lingard, and Pereira. That is more than enough, the last thing we want is some over priced brazilian taking games away from Pereira, Lingard, or Januzaj.

The summer is the time to buy an attacker or two, and to clear out one or two of the above at same time, we need a defender now but not seeing us linked to anyone really.

ravi2

not convinced by this player at all, certainly not at the prices quoted.

Even though £35m is the new £25m, I dont think he would be worth it but Mane might.
I am not sure who else is feasible in the Jan window that would give us the boost we need.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
PIOLI WARNING FOR ANDERSON

Lazio coach Stefano Pioli has criticised forward Felipe Anderson amid claims the Brazilian is awaiting a bonus payment before quitting the club for Manchester United this month.

Anderson inspired Lazio in the second half of last season to a third-place finish in Serie A, but outside interest in his services has coincided with a lull in his performances for the club in this campaign.

A report from Goal states United have been delayed in their pursuit of Anderson because the player is hanging on to make sure he receives the bonus payment that has been promised to him as part of his buyout clause.

In the meantime, Anderson continues to produce underwhelming displays for Lazio and their fans. Pioli substituted the 22-year-old at half-time of a goalless draw with promoted Carpi at the Stadio Olimpico on Wednesday, and later questioned Anderson's contribution.

"I believe he can do a lot more. I know it and he knows it," said Pioli after the game. “I had to change him because I'm the coach and I have to make decisions. But for the first 45 minutes I don't think it was fair to focus everything on one player, I wanted the whole team to play with more rhythm and intensity."

soapythecat

I'd be hugely disapointed with this signing but I don't see any more in this speculation than I did with the Gaitlan crap.
He doesn't even look like an LvG type player other than he has the pace he craves.

Loublaze

ATLien
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/why-felipe-anderson-isnt-answer-manchester-uniteds-problems

Reds fans want signings in the January window – but Alasdair Mackenzie says the Lazio winger isn’t what they should be looking for…

If incessant reports from Italy and England are to be believed, the Manchester United hierarchy are ready to make Lazio winger Felipe Anderson their showcase winter signing.

However, the eye-watering sum of money they’re apparently willing to shell out on the Brazilian – around £35 million – smacks of desperation and a scouting policy based on reputation rather than diligence.

There have certainly been moments to suggest that the 22-year-old is worth a large sum, but if Louis van Gaal & Co. are relying on him to be the instant answer to their problems this season, they may be disappointed.

Timing is everything

Lazio’s transfer dealings are headed by president Claudio Lotito and sporting director Igli Tare, as frugal a duo as you’re likely to find in European football. Their aversion to splashing out on transfer fees has been one of the major reasons they have become so unpopular with fans over the years, but this stinginess was also the hallmark of one of their greatest triumphs.

In January 2014, Hernanes was sold to Inter for around £15 million. The fans protested at the sale of the popular playmaker nicknamed ‘The Prophet’, but the timing of his exit and the fee received have since been justified. The Brazilian was 28 at the time, and has rapidly declined firstly in an Inter shirt and then more recently with Juventus, where he moved in the summer.

This will likely give Lotito the confidence he can pull off a masterstroke of transfer market timing again. The president saw off United’s interest in Anderson and Stefan de Vrij in the summer as well as widespread pressing for skipper Lucas Biglia, but this time could be different.

The sum of £35 million that United are reportedly offering for Anderson would make him the joint-sixth-most expensive signing by a British club ever alongside Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll. On the all-time list he would be 28th ironically alongside Gaizka Mendieta, who flopped hugely after his move from Valencia to Lazio, lasting only one season before eventually ending up at Middlesbrough.

With Anderson’s form on the slide and a year having passed since he was at his best, this could be another economic win for the president, even if he would have a hard time explaining that to an already-irate fan base.

Perhaps worryingly for United supporters, the interest and excitement generated around Anderson has increased almost entirely from a four-month glut of good form last season, starting in December and ending in April. During that period, the Brazilian scored all 10 of his goals for the season and contributed seven of his eight assists in 13 appearances.

However, the other 19 performances that season (one goal, no assists) weren’t quite so sensational and his debut campaign in Rome the year before is best forgotten (13 apps, no goals).

Anderson’s maiden season revealed a difficulty with adapting to a new league and culture. The forward told FourFourTwo last year that he would eat spaghetti carbonara and drink fizzy drinks every day following his arrival, as he didn’t know how to order anything else.

“I had to go on a diet to lose the weight I gained,” he admitted. “I got sick and tired of spaghetti carbonara. Now I only have it… oh, once or twice a week,” chuckled the wideman

Form is temporary?

If last season suggested he had come to terms with Serie A, this campaign has again showed a worrying trait – the winger has suffered from the burden of hype and expectation with the No.10 shirt on his back.

Coaches are now more aware of his threat and how to nullify it, defenders have become wiser to his movement and technical ability, and fans have shown less patience for his frequent selfishness or wastefulness as their side have failed to reproduce the swashbuckling performances of last season.

The 22-year-old has scored four times this season but has frequently flattered to deceive and was recently benched by coach Stefano Pioli for three consecutive Serie A matches.

The statistics underline his decline from last season: Anderson’s shots per game have gone down from 2 to 1.5, his key passes from 1.1 to 0.7 and his dribbles from 3.3 to 2.3.

Tellingly, he is being fouled more, with two fouls against him per game a significant increase from last season’s 1.3 as defenders pay him closer attention.

However, quite how good he was this time last year should not be ignored. Like Neymar, his former partner in crime at Santos (“he talked to me about getting together again,” Anderson revealed), the Brazilian would win games almost single-handedly and was producing a brand of consistent individual brilliance that led beleaguered Sampdoria coach Sinisa Mihajlovic to compare him to Cristiano Ronaldo.

That Felipe Anderson would merit a transfer fee to put his name in the record books. However, the evidence suggests that the winger has only produced £35 million form for four of his 30 months in Rome. You need only look at Memphis Depay’s struggles so far this season to realise stepping up to the Premier League is as difficult as ever.

With United frequently linked to polished superstars like Gareth Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar, there should not be expectations that Anderson will offer anything like the same level of performances.

Within Serie A the Brazilian has been outperformed by the likes of Napoli’s Lorenzo Insigne, Fiorentina’s Federico Bernardeschi and Inter’s Adem Ljajic this season. He isn’t on the Paul Pogba level of Serie A galacticos quite yet because of his unpredictable form, and big cheese Lotito could well be eyeing up another perfectly timed sale at the peak of Anderson’s value.

A continuation of this season’s indifferent form would soon prove that last year’s stunning performances were the exception rather than the norm. Anderson’s struggles to adapt and cope with pressure, plus his tendency to disappear in games, would make his signing a risky and long-term investment for United, rather than an immediate solution to their problems.

Not that the player himself wouldn’t be confident of stepping up. “The English game suits me: it’s very fast and I’m sure I would find it easy to adapt,” he told FFT. But will he be given that chance?

Last edited:

Loublaze

ATLien
Thanks for posting loublaze.
The guy is immensely talented and I was all for this signing but now im having a rethink. He'd definitely be a risk at that price. I think Mane would be the better option

Dr. J

That is more than enough, the last thing we want is some over priced brazilian taking games away from Pereira, Lingard, or Januzaj.
The last thing the club needs is another half season of not scoring goals.

If the scouts--who have watched the kid MUCH more than the posters on here who have watched his YouTube videos and a few of games-- think Felipe Anderson can do the job better than the crop we currently have, I'm all for it.

I'm skeptical United are in for him, though.

Norris

I hope we don't sign anyone though. I'd rather wait till the summer. I'm sure some good player will pop up by then.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
35m? I'd rather we add another 50m to that and try to buy Bale.