Felipe Anderson

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Its probably 36m Euros and not pounds

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Wouldn't people rather wait? It's that exact reason why we keep ending up with panic buys, looking for a quick fix and in the process overpaying and being left with a mediocre player and then we wonder why we're shit.
You expect some form of patience on this forum? Still, we have been reportedly scouting him for a good year, if we decide to go for him now it's not a panic buy.

hubbuh

my memory though is that when ruud was around Ronaldo was annoying as hell. doing tricks every 3 seconds with little end product.
Yeah, and wasn't this also when RvN fell out with Fergie cos Rooney was getting picked over him towards end of season?

Tosicsleftpeg

Just find it funny people are writing him off beside his YouTube comps aren't that great its absolutely laughable.

Then again what should I expect when people have already suggested selling depay after 6 months even though he was fantastic last year.

I welcome his signing I think its really exciting and adds yet another very talented young player to the club. I like the way the squad is developing and you can see that in 3 years we will have some great players if we develop then correctly.

Steven Seagull

Just find it funny people are writing him off beside his YouTube comps aren't that great its absolutely laughable.

Then again what should I expect when people have already suggested selling depay after 6 months even though he was fantastic last year.

I welcome his signing I think its really exciting and adds yet another very talented young player to the club. I like the way the squad is developing and you can see that in 3 years we will have some great players if we develop then correctly.
Hate being a YouTube wanker but his highlight reel is unbelievably shit. There's nerds out there spending hours creating these kind of videos and his highlights are packed with nothing. Memphis has been rubbish so far and he'd have a more impressive video.

Maybe he just does it with the cameras off

Tosicsleftpeg

Hate being a YouTube wanker but his highlight reel is unbelievably shit. There's nerds out there spending hours creating these kind of videos and his highlights are packed with nothing. Memphis has been rubbish so far and he'd have a more impressive video.

Maybe he just does it with the cameras off
Come on mate you can't judge anything on YouTube, look up Lee trundle he has an insane YouTube collection and he was an overweight Welshman who became a pro at 28.

Steven Seagull

Come on mate you can't judge anything on YouTube, look up Lee trundle he has an insane YouTube collection and he was an overweight Welshman who became a pro at 28.
That's kind of my point. Who would make a highlight video without any highlights? You can see extended highlights of his games and very little happens. Just seems very odd.

red thru&thru

I wonder what Martial's Youtube collection was before he signed for us...granted, he only played about a season and half in first team?!

Steven Seagull

I wonder what Martial's Youtube collection was before he signed for us...granted, he only played about a season and half in first team?!
Only thing I saw was the game against Valencia in the CL where he caused all sorts of problems. Looked technically very sound with good feet under pressure in the box. Made one of the goals I think

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It was actually pretty decent. Included quite a bit from when he played vs Arsenal and tore them a new one.

Hed Zitin

Too much hype on this kid. He is good but not this good.

Serie A is possibly the oldest and slowest of the top 5 leagues in Europe, so anyone with bit of pace would do serious damage. Juan Cuadrado was tearing up that place not to long ago and everyone wanted him. We might have as well as kept Nani.
I've had this opinion for years. So many players that look dynamic and quick in Italy flop in the PL.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Trundle was a very skillful player, just a shame he didn't come into the game until late on, as you say

Ryan7

What an absolute load of nonsense... he was English. ;)

Last edited:

NotQuiteManc

I will leave the judgements until he wears the United jersey, but if it means buying him and not playing Mata at RM/RW, and provide the speed and trickery LvG needed, then go for it.

dichinero

You expect some form of patience on this forum? Still, we have been reportedly scouting him for a good year, if we decide to go for him now it's not a panic buy.
Because we scouted him for a year that doesn't make him good enough. We also scouted for William Carvalho for almost 2 years, it doesn't mean anything. It's a panic buy if a club like Manchester United can not patiently wait to acquire the best of the lot. Anderson is not among the top young wide players. He is 2nd tier at best which isn't bad but we should be look for players that will transform our team or has the potential to the WC, not a player that comes to compete and make up numbers. Our standards are dropping, someone please call 911.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hopefully he's a natural dribbler and not like the Memphis we have seen so far.

cyberman

Because we scouted him for a year that doesn't make him good enough. We also scouted for William Carvalho for almost 2 years, it doesn't mean anything. It's a panic buy if a club like Manchester United can not patiently wait to acquire the best of the lot. Anderson is not among the top young wide players. He is 2nd tier at best which isn't bad but we should be look for players that will transform our team or has the potential to the WC, not a player that comes to compete and make up numbers. Our standards are dropping, someone please call 911.
You're confusing your opinion with... Oh never mind

Tarrou

Harsh on Trundle, that. He was an overweight Englishman.

Edit: Bollox, someone already made that joke

snk123

He's so shit even his Youtube highlights are shit. Mane any day over this guy.

ivaldo

If after a full year of scouting the club believes he is up to the required standard then how is that considered a panic buy? You might not consider him top tier, but that doesn't mean, LVG, the club and the scouting system agrees with you.

Currently we are in desperate need of someone with pace and the ability to take a player on, Anderson does fit that criteria, the club might feel waiting until the summer could be the difference between finishing 4th and 5th and then these high calibre players will be disinterested in joining us anyway, it's perfectly reasonable to expect us to sign more than 1 winger over the course of the next 7 months.

dichinero

If after a full year of scouting the club believes he is up to the required standard then how is that considered a panic buy? You might not consider him top tier, but that doesn't mean, LVG, the club and the scouting system agrees with you.
Yep, I agree with this. But lately, our transfer approach just seems so scatter gun approach these days.

prath92

We didn't buy carvalho because we didn't like what we saw and we are reportedly buying him because we liked what he is. that's kind of what scouts of any club do. Panic buy is panicking and buying someone without checking if they are worth buying. If we scouted him for a year, then it's not as if we haven't checked his abilities. The fact that we chose to buy martial over benteke convinces me that we don't panic buy

ivaldo

Yep, I agree with this. But lately, our transfer approach just seems so scatter gun approach these days.
I'm happy with the players brought in since Van Gaal has been at the helm, including Memphis. Clearly our problems are more deeprooted than just our personnel.

dichinero

I'm happy with the players brought in since Van Gaal has been at the helm, including Memphis. Clearly our problems are more deeprooted than just our personnel.
Yes, I too am happy with all of the guys even though we faff'd about with majority of them. Memphis and Martial were last ditch attempts to stop others from snatching them but thankfully we got them. What I am really referring to are the player we didn't get. I am almost certain we tried for Muller, Neymar, Bale, Thiago, Ramos, maybe Ronaldo, Kroos, Pedro, Cesc etc but without any serious intent. It was more like have top players on a dart board and having a poke at each in the dark. Felipe might just be another name in a compiled list that is there should we fail to get our initial targets (who we don't try hard for).
It feels like they are saying "we know the club needs players like Neymar but we can't really be bothered to try hard for them but we are going for Anderson so that you don't think we are not going to bring anyone in"

bucky

So poor. Shadow of the player he was last season. Then again his whole team is.

starman

Would have preferred to take the risk on Iturbe (not much risk on loan), with the 16m option to make permanent in the summer. Think hes going to do as well as Bojan is doing..

Anderson is a good player but seems panic to me, think there will be better players available in the summer at the 35m price range

Last edited:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Hmm...seems this rumor might have legs. Not sure how I feel about the purchase because he the type of player that will frustrate due to his lack of consistency. He looks like a player ideal for the joga bonito philosophy, but under Van Gaal possession based philosophy, I would not be surprised to see him struggle to make an impact. Or even regress in his footballing ability.

dichinero

On today's performance, a big fat no. The whole team has been poor tbf