Felipe Anderson

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Oh, I wish for the days when we had Rooney, Ronaldo and Ruud. City may yet have Sterling, Silva and Sane
De Bruyne too. Somewhat of an embarrassment of riches.

prath92

I think recent transfer activity has put the majority of he caf off singing Anderson. Maybe this is a good thing. Under Fergie, Moyes or even last year's Van Gaal I bet the majority of the caf would welcome Anderson with open arms.
to be fair none of our summer signings have been downright awful. Memphis has been disappointing mainly because people expect him to be Ronado or Nani in their peak but other than him most transfers have been actually good

prath92

Oh, I wish for the days when we had Rooney, Ronaldo and Ruud. City may yet have Sterling, Silva and Sane
my memory though is that when ruud was around Ronaldo was annoying as hell. doing tricks every 3 seconds with little end product.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That'd be okay with me, Isco has flashes of brilliance but is far too inconsistent to ever be a top player, isn't effective in games often enough.
He's a wonderful player. Will reach Silva's level IMO.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Is it strange that even if we signed Anderson and Mane, I'd still expect us to struggle going forward? I don't see us suddenly becoming fluid in attack, and I'm not sure why.

amolbhatia50k

Is it strange that even if we signed Anderson and Mane, I'd still expect us to struggle going forward? I don't see us suddenly becoming fluid in attack, and I'm not sure why.
I think two such players could transform us. Our passing can sometimes be very fluid in certain areas but eventually our lack of mobility as a unit creates major problems turning that keep ball into something dangerous.

Lentwood

We are just crying out for any kind of pace, we must have one of the slowest set of forwards in the PL

We are always moaning about the lack of movement and the lack of players running beyond players and/or the centre halves but what can you expect when we have Herrera, Mata, Fellaini, Rooney etc....in the attacking positions?

If this lad is as quick is they say it should be worth it for that alone

Kostur

海尔的老板
Not that I'm for or against this guy but how exactly would his pace help us against teams that are sitting deep at around 20th-25th yard and give us absolutely no chance to counter them? It will be down to our more technical players to unlock the defence somehow, no?

Of course if he can beat 2 men on the wing with his dribbling then it's fine, sure, but still.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Perhaps because we have bought so many players in the last few years and none has given us pace in attack?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not that I'm for or against this guy but how exactly would his pace help us against teams that are sitting deep at around 20th-25th yard and give us absolutely no chance to counter them? It will be down to our more technical players to unlock the defence somehow, no?

Of course if he can beat 2 men on the wing with his dribbling then it's fine, sure, but still.
Pace scares teams, you can't leave him acres of space to get running at a fullback as he will blast passed, so the defender will need to mark tighter. That alone stretches the defence out wide. Having 2 good wide attackers will mean spreading both fullbacks out wide, leaving room in the channels for the striker.

At the end of the day you can't stop speed. If somebody can run faster with you than the ball, it's pretty damn hard to stop it. Having Martial 1 side and Anderson the other could be pretty hard to stop.

dichinero

Too much hype on this kid. He is good but not this good.

Serie A is possibly the oldest and slowest of the top 5 leagues in Europe, so anyone with bit of pace would do serious damage. Juan Cuadrado was tearing up that place not to long ago and everyone wanted him. We might have as well as kept Nani.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre

Serie A is possibly the oldest and slowest of the top 5 leagues in Europe, so anyone with bit of pace would do serious damage. Juan Cuadrado was tearing up that place not to long ago and everyone wanted him. We might have as well as kept Nani.
Agreed about Nani in some part but being good as you said is probably enough to consider him as potential signing, especially in such modest window like January. I bet we're checking other options right now but market for players leaving will be most likely tight these days.

We're probably in situation where we really need options on both sides, especially with knowledge that Young and Valencia can't take responsibilities as full time attacking wingers.

I still have some hope that we may have opportunity to sign surprise type player just like it was in Martial's case. Won't be easy but fingers crossed anyway.

dichinero

Agreed about Nani in some part but being good as you said is probably enough to consider him as potential signing, especially in such modest window like January. I bet we're checking other options right now but market for players leaving will be most likely tight these days.

We're probably in situation where we really need options on both sides, especially with knowledge that Young and Valencia can't take responsibilities as full time attacking wingers.

I still have some hope that we may have opportunity to sign surprise type player just like it was in Martial's case. Won't be easy but fingers crossed anyway.
My main problem is that if we splash out on him, thats it done. We are stuck with him regardless is there is a better option in the summer. The ADM case is a one of, we are hardly going to get our money back if he turns out bad. I'd say we wait and get the better options. We are suffering from too much panic buys at the moment.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
My main problem is that if we splash out on him, thats it done. We are stuck with him regardless is there is a better option in the summer. The ADM case is a one of, we are hardly going to get our money back if he turns out bad. I'd say we wait and get the better options. We are suffering from too much panic buys at the moment.
Indeed it's a bitch of a situation and what could be even worse is that we currently not only in need of quality but also depth in case of another injury crisis and knowing our luck it may easily happen in 2nd part of the season that may lead to another goalless streak in case of not properly secured positions with needed subs. We simply may have no choice but to take risks in belief that finally something will go right.

There's definitely uncertain future of players like Valencia and Januzaj while Young is fighting for his place, there may be a room for further additions in the summer but the only thing I can foresee right now are injuries but at least we may try and reduce that risk while there's window of opportunity.

RedStarUnited

Cuadrado is a good point. For a non Serie a watcher like me, his youtube videos showed great promise. He barely did anything of note at Chelsea and is now back to Serie A.

prath92

Cuadrado is a good point. For a non Serie a watcher like me, his youtube videos showed great promise. He barely did anything of note at Chelsea and is now back to Serie A.
and salah is now one of the best performers in Serie A too. Either mourinho cant handle wingers or Serie A quality has gone down

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I think Salah and Cuadrado are just ok and Serie A is simply shit.

Adam-Utd

and salah is now one of the best performers in Serie A too. Either mourinho cant handle wingers or Serie A quality has gone down
Mourinho also did feck all with de bruyne. To be fair he's never been great with flair players, he hated joe Cole too.

Macern

Pee pee pants

This.

Nedved

Shaqiri, Bojan, Podolski, Arnautovic, Ashley Cole, Micah Richards etc disapprove of that simplistic statement - all of them flopped badly in the Serie A. Cuadrado and Salah have even been tearing up English sides like City and Totteham in the CL after going (back) to the Serie A.

Alexis Sanchez, Cuadrado and Lamela are the three big money wingers who broke through in the Serie A and lately went to the Premier League. Alexis is excellent, Lamela seems to be doing well now and Cuadrado had a poor six month spell.

Statistics aren't really supporting your statement.

Last edited:

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Really mixed on this guy. Could prove to be a great signing but on the other hand, just as likely to not cut it in England. He looks like he would offer some much needed pace but I think given the choice, Mane would always be my preference. I think from memory I even preferred him over Pedro in the summer.

amolbhatia50k

Shaqiri, Bojan, Podolski, Arnautovic, Ashley Cole, Micah Richards etc disapprove of that simplistic statement - all of them flopped badly in the Serie A. Cuadrado and Salah have even been tearing up English sides like City and Totteham in the CL after going (back) to the Serie A.

Alexis Sanchez, Cuadrado and Lamela are the three big money wingers who broke through in the Serie A and lately went to the Premier League. Alexis is excellent, Lamela seems to be doing well now and Cuadrado had a poor six month spell.

How good this is Anderson? As a Juve fan I imagine you've seen a lot of more him than us.

dichinero

I'm not sure what statement you are trying to make here.
  1. Shaqiri has only just begun to show the potential that he first showed prior to his move to Bayern. He did not not do to well at Bayern and was rightly offloaded to Inter. He was just starting to find his feet before they sold him because they needed funds.
  2. Bojan went to Italy off the back of a serious injury that kept him out for a while. He also struggled at Ajax.
  3. Podolski went to Italy after struggling to find form at Arsenal. He was already on a decline before that.
  4. Arnautovic always has attitude problems ala Balotelli.
  5. Ashley Cole at what age? Seriously?
  6. Micah Richards? You are kidding me right?
These names you have mentioned have nothing to do with my point at all which is it is easier to look good as a winger in Serie A than in the PL

I don't even get the point that you are trying to make with Salah and Cuadrado tearing up City and Spurs in the CL. Since when?

Did Alexis go from Udinese to Arsenal directly? Did you know him before the game he scored 4 goals at Udinese? Was he this good at Barca?
Was Lamela as good as he was when he first joined Spurs from Roma?

Before you call my point simplistic, hammer your facts first.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
A 35 million pound mistake. The way our club is run now, you can bet your house its gonna happen.

Adam-Utd

While he might not be a nailed on star, who exactly is available now that we could sign that fit the criteria?

It's between him and Mane, nobody else I can think of is quick, skill full and can play on both wings.

Yes he could be a gamble, but definitely 1 worth making.

I doubt many people would have taken Douglas Costa this summer, but he's proved sometimes players just need motivation and belief in their abilities.

ZupZup

We are desperate for more pace in attack and he will certainly give us that so I would be all for us signing him... I think a couple of quick skilful players could really transform our attack at the moment as Martial cannot be expected to carry it on his own.

Trizy

Surely there's better, cheaper players available and if not isn't Griezmanns buyout clause only £10m more?

Trizy

Except greizmann won't move in January
Wouldn't people rather wait? It's that exact reason why we keep ending up with panic buys, looking for a quick fix and in the process overpaying and being left with a mediocre player and then we wonder why we're shit.

Seveneric

Not sure how far he can go, will depend on his attitude but definitely has the ability and potential to be in the top tier of players in the league if he keeps his head down and just gets on with his game.
So basically like any talented player then?

prath92

Wouldn't people rather wait? It's that exact reason why we keep ending up with panic buys, looking for a quick fix and in the process overpaying and being left with a mediocre player and then we wonder why we're shit.
I'm guessing our scouts and manager have done their homework and are buying players they think are worth buying than just buying whoever is available. Most of our buys last summer especially were very sensible