Felipe Anderson

Norris

35m? I'd rather we add another 50m to that and try to buy Bale.
Bale ? All he has is his pace and a sweet left foot. He's already 26-27 if I'm not mistaken. One of those two traits will start to wane by 30. If you want a WC player, might as well go all out for Neymar. Barca are pinning their hopes on him once Messi calls it his time. We can build a dynasty around that guy. I doubt either will come there.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The guy is immensely talented and I was all for this signing but now im having a rethink. He'd definitely be a risk at that price. I think Mane would be the better option
Yeah man. That "4 months" the article refers to sounds like he was immense and has the potential. So yeah, the risk would be massive and he doesn't sound like the "quick fix" that we need at the moment and we cannot afford to endure another "Depay" type settling in problem etc.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
This feels a bit like Gaitan to me. I'm not following it closely though.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Lazio are crazy declining that kind of money.

Last edited:

izec

Nobody will ever bid more for him, 50m Euros for a player totally out of form and sitting on the bench FFS

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
This is the first time I'm sceptical of a Di Marzio Seria A story. That doesn't make any sense. That we'd offer so much and especially that they'd turn it down.

bucky

Came on at the end of the game and scored a goal apparently.

VanGaalEra

Was asked if he'd be a Lazio player in February and replied, "I don't know, I just want to improve".

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Which bit do you find worrisome the cost or it being rejected? The rejection bit is definitely troubling.
Not being entirely serious. There was a tweet posted where he said that he doesn't know what lies in the future. Given the rave reviews he gets here I'm not not sure whether to want this transfer to happen, or not.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
We shouldn't trust van Gaal with one more penny, let alone 35 million pounds or whatever we are bidding. The man has built a rubbish attack with 200 million or whatever he's spent so far.

C'est Moi Cantona

We shouldn't trust van Gaal with one more penny, let alone 35 million pounds or whatever we are bidding.
Said this a while ago, this is all of his own doing and we shouldn't hinder the next manger by giving him another fortune to spend on 'panic' buys, I think he should be given a few quid to get a LB due to the nature of Shaw's injury, but that's it.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
We shouldn't trust van Gaal with one more penny, let alone 35 million pounds or whatever we are bidding. The man has built a rubbish attack with 200 million or whatever he's spent so far.
I've been quite happy with his signings, just not his style of football. Another manager could make an exciting team out of our squad.

hubbuh

I've been quite happy with his signings, just not his style of football. Another manager could make an exciting team out of our squad.
We NEED a right winger, I don't know how much more he needs to see before he realises Mata IS NOT A WINGER

Drifter

American
Felipe Anderson scores, then hints Man United transfer could be on

Felipe Anderson came on for Lazio against Fiorentina, scored a goal in the Rome club's 3-1 win, and then cast serious doubt on his future with the Italian club. Lazio supporters can be forgiven for being frustrated with Anderson, he was poor in midweek, and today scored his first goal since October, but after the match refused to rule out a move or show any serious commitment to a future with the club.

Instead, Anderson's comments after the match seemed like a clear hint a transfer could be possible this month, as far as he's concerned. Tuttomercatoweb quoted the Brazilian as saying "I don't know where my future will be in February."

That's as clear a nod toward a potential transfer as you're likely to get. If there was no prospect of a move then Anderson would of course be very clear where he'd be in February - at Lazio.

Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio earlier claimed Lazio rejected an offer from Manchester United on December 27th, which was €40m plus €10m in add-ons. That contradicts reports from La Repubblica and Il Tempo, who said a bid hadn't been made this winter, with the latter also explaining Anderson would be allowed to leave for around €40m.

Tuttomercatoweb added that Bayern Munich watched Anderson today, with Carlo Ancelotti apparently seeing him as a possible long term replacement for the German club's ageing pair of Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben.

Someone is certainly feeding the media stories about Manchester United and Anderson, and now Bayern Munich too, unfortunately that doesn't guarantee there's any truth in them!

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...es-then-hints-man-united-transfer-could-be-on

diarm

So far, in attack, Van Gaal has spent 116mil on Di Maria, Memphis and Martial. He has made 96mil on Macheda, Bebe, Kagawa, Lawrence, Welbeck, Zaha, Henriquez, Nani, Van Persie, Di Maria and Hernandez.

If anything, I would criticise the fact he hasn't signed enough attackers (or has let too many go) rather than suggest the he should be prevented from signing more. Whether he can get the best out of them or not is besides the point. If he gets sacked on February 2nd, I'd prefer us to have signed a promising attacker than not have.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
So far, in attack, Van Gaal has spent 116mil on Di Maria, Memphis and Martial. He has made 96mil on Macheda, Bebe, Kagawa, Lawrence, Welbeck, Zaha, Henriquez, Nani, Van Persie, Di Maria and Hernandez.

If anything, I would criticise the fact he hasn't signed enough attackers (or has let too many go) rather than suggest the he should be prevented from signing more. Whether he can get the best out of them or not is besides the point. If he gets sacked on February 2nd, I'd prefer us to have signed a promising attacker than not have.
This.
We simply haven't bought enough attackers. It's been criminal mismanagement of that part of the pitch.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Di Marzio apparently said he thinks we'll reach an agreement with him... So good news I guess! Hopefully it gets sorted soon. A right winger with pace and a good dribbler. Even if he's inconsistent, it'll still be an improvement on our current right wing options (and will be even better when Van Gaal is gone)

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Di Marzio apparently said he thinks we'll reach an agreement with him... So good news I guess! Hopefully it gets sorted soon. A right winger with pace and a good dribbler. Even if he's inconsistent, it'll still be an improvement on our current right wing options (and will be even better when Van Gaal is gone)
Apparently in what form one may wonder ? A tweet ? An interview ? An article ?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Just don't understand this link. Doesn't he operate from the left? If he was a right winger, then fine - but I'm sure I've read that he's more of a left sided player. Would just be the case of fitting a player in the wrong position again.

Plus, isn't he awfully similar to Memphis?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Just don't understand this link. Doesn't he operate from the left? If he was a right winger, then fine - but I'm sure I've read that he's more of a left sided player. Would just be the case of fitting a player in the wrong position again.

Plus, isn't he awfully similar to Memphis?
He is faster than Memphis, a true speed demon. Dribbling technique not much better though and a bit one dimensional.