Fellaini | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

In Fellaini's roles we can play Matic, Herrera, Pogba, Fred, Pereira, McTominay and even Mata. I'm just as flabbergasted that there are Fellaini apologists as there are Mourinho ones. :lol:

Good riddance, Ole for president!
Defend any player : Apologist.

Attack any player : Agenda.

Both kind of posts have become extremely lame and not worth going into farther discussions. These 2 words are thrown just for the sake of it without even knowing the poster. Good riddance yeah.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The least we say about McTominay, the better.
So you're not a fan:lol::lol::lol:

Actually his physical attributes and his ability to follow instructions to the letter could see him getting molded into a Fellaini/O'Shea type figure at the club, someone to chuck on in the final few minutes to win defensive headers or mark someone out of a game.

AndyJ1985

Can't stand him as a player. He's a big lumbering oaf who has a history of throwing his elbow in to players faces. Good riddance to him.

Alemar

Can they also purchase Marcos Rojo since they are in Carrington anyway? Good Argentina international defender, a cut price of say 20mln would be a win-win.

el3mel

So you're not a fan:lol::lol::lol:

Actually his physical attributes and his ability to follow instructions to the letter could see him getting molded into a Fellaini/O'Shea type figure at the club, someone to chuck on in the final few minutes to win defensive headers or mark someone out of a game.
Problem with Scott he's not special in anything. He's good physically, but he's not dominant in the air, his positioning isn't great, his offense is non existent and his defensive contribution is average. Unlike the rest of our midfielders ala Pogba, Herrera, Matic etc, you can't think of any situation Scott will be useful in for certain attribute.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We suck at selling players because usually they dont have long left on their contract and they are on stupidly high wages that others wont pay, so we find a compromise with the fee I'd guess. feck it though. Selling Fellaini is a good thing. Its not only about the fee, but we cant add players to the team when we have a bloated squad. Gotta sell players to open up space. Darmian and Rojo should follow him very quickly.

Credit to him in that he has overall been a decent signing, cant fault his attitude, he always gave his all and scored some big goals. The problem was with the managers who felt the need to use him in so many wrong ways that a club like United shouldnt resort to. Telling that Ole's here for 6 weeks and Fellaini is already out.

Seven Seas Sardines

Defend any player : Apologist.

Attack any player : Agenda.

Both kind of posts have become extremely lame and not worth going into farther discussions. These 2 words are thrown just for the sake of it without even knowing the poster. Good riddance yeah.
Yeah I thought you were a decent poster until I saw this garbage. Giving McTominay a contract extension and shipping out Fellaini as quick as possible is obviously a way to show everyone that the United of old is back and hoofball is a thing of the awful past. I'm not a big McTominay fan, but I see more promise in him as a passing midfielder than the tree.

Guardiola and Klopp would've driven Fellaini to China themselves so why shouldn't Ole if we intend to play expansive football?

GazTheLegend

I think we're ok:

Pog-Matic-Herrera is the preferred three

then you have Fred and Pereira as more than able backups.
Don’t agree.

Been awful every time I’ve seen him play. Never done well on loans. Can pass but can’t tackle. Can dribble but he’s too slow.

Don’t see him surviving at United even as a back up. Would like to be wrong but don’t even see him getting anywhere near Mata’s current level, and some people want Juan Mata out the club.

I think it’s just the exotic name. If he was called Andy Perry nobody would care.

Loublaze

ATLien
Never gave anything less than his best. Home fans always appreciated his effort and attitude. It was not his fault he was signed to Utd by staff/managers who simply did not get what Utd is all about! Good luck big man!
He was booed by some home fans on more than one occasion.

This is brilliant news to wake up to, Solskjaer is doing everything right thus far.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Problem with Scott he's not special in anything. He's good physically, but he's not dominant in the air, his positioning isn't great, his offense is non existent and his defensive contribution is average. Unlike the rest of our midfielders ala Pogba, Herrera, Matic etc, you can't think of any situation Scott will be useful in for certain attribute.
Not gonna argue with any of that. But he's got age on his side and he may be a late bloomer like Lingard, who was considered bang average for many years but has shown his value in the last year or two. Hope Scott follows a similar trajectory. Anyway let's not derail the thread any further and see what the future holds for him.:)

Brophs

The One and Only
Ole's comment about Pereira getting more games towards the end of the season makes sense with Fellaini seeming to be on his way.

Canagel

There's really no difference in fellaini going now and fellaini going in the summer. Either way he's not someone we should be relying on and OGS tactics show that we can score goals without hoofing it towards lump.

Woody's almost literally been taking to the cleaners with every single fecking deal he's made since he started six years ago :lol:
Got good money for Schneiderlain and Depay, so you are wrong.

No-one wanted Fellaini 6 months ago, so we are lucky to get anyone to take him off of our hands.

SATA

Ed sold Schneiderlin for 20m to Everton and got almost the whole of our money back for di Maria. Don't think he's that poor in selling players

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I kept the same opinion of Fellaini then when we bought him. He is a good PL player, an asset for a team from 6th to 10th but he isn't what United needs or want.

mav_9me

I am not a fan of Fellaini because he represents the type of football I can't stand. Nothing against him personally, it's not his fault the mangers used him the way they did. For me though he was symbolic of the last 6 years.

To his credit he always did what was asked of him, did a job.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Smart business by the Chinese club - they'll make a nice profit at least in terms of transfer fees when they sell him back to the Premier League in 18 months or so.

Seven Seas Sardines

Ole's comments about Pereira doing incredibly well in training and will have an important part to play goes hand in hand with this deal. One step closer for both Pereira and Garner to make their case. As been said, I'd prefer an academy product than putting that lump in to kill our counter-attacks.

ChaddyP

Ed sold Schneiderlin for 20m to Everton and got almost the whole of our money back for di Maria. Don't think he's that poor in selling players
got decent money for depay and Adnan too. Its not his fault we only sell players that are so poor in form and high on wages

el3mel

Yeah I thought you were a decent poster until I saw this garbage. Giving McTominay a contract extension and shipping out Fellaini as quick as possible is obviously a way to show everyone that the United of old is back and hoofball is a thing of the awful past. Guardiola and Klopp would've driven Fellaini to China themselves so why shouldn't Ole if we intend to play expansive football?
I thought the same too.

Learn to read and how to write good posts without throwing rehashed and lame digs for the one you're replaying to without even knowing what he's saying is my only advice.

I'm for selling Fellaini. I have said in another post we should offload him in summer :

GK, never better.

Defense, dogshite.

Midfield, good starters,awful depth.

Attack, 2 great talents ccompanied with 2 over the hill players, a nothing player that runs a lot and a useless lump with no touch.

Attack and defense need several signings. Mata can stay as a backup as he's happy with that but Sanchez and Lukaku needs to be thrown out and replaced by good squad options while Lingard should drop to a squad option while getting a right winger.

Defense needs a major overhaul. Only Smalling and Lindelof are good enough going forward. Jones, Rojo and Bailly needs to be thrown out and replaced. Valencia and Darmian need to be replaced. Shaw will need to be upgraded on if we have higher ambition, not bad but not great also. Young can stay as a backup as he doesn't complain as Mata.

As for the midfield we will need a replacement for Matic but I think this can wait for at least 1 year. At the moment Fellaini looks set to leave in summer and Fred isn't convincing, while Periera doesn't look like to be United quality. We'll need to replace them with squad options but this isn't urging issues.

The urging issues currently is to rebuild the defense and offload the deadwood in the attack. Can't see this happening in one summer so we'll have to put a plan on for the upcoming 2 summers to sell and replace the duds. For the next summer I think we need to offload Fellaini, Lukaku, Velencia, Darmian, Jones and Sanchez while getting a right back, a right winger, a center back and striker. The summer after it offload Fred, Periera, Rojo and Bailly while signing one more center back, a left back and 2 midfielders to drop Matic to a squad option.

By this, 2 years from now we should be looking at something like :

GK, De Gea and whoever still here, not that I care as long as Dave is staying.

Defense, 2 new CBs + Smalling and Lindelof.

Fullbacks, Dalot, Shaw and 2 new fullbacks + the eternal Young I guess. :lol:

Midfield, Pogba, Herrera, Matic and 2 new midfielders.

Attack : Rashford, Martial, right winger, new striker, Mata as a backup for cup games and our local lad Lingard. :lol:

By good planning we can have a beast of a team by this time. The likes of Rash Martial and Pogba should be be hitting their prime as well.
The problem is I'm not for selling him midway in the season while we're having top 4, CL and Fa Cup to battle for without any reinforcements. Selling him in summer would have let us sell and replace him immediately, but now we're losing a valuable squad member while having to depend on players who aren't as reliable and have been disappointing whenever they played like Fred, Periera and Scott whatever the fans overrate the former 2 the longer they don't play. Now any injury to one of our trio midfielders (Pogba, Matic and Herrera ), we'll have to play the likes of Fred or Periera or even worth, switch out entire formation that's working to another one with 2 midfielders one, because we lost a valuable squad member.

But yeah your definition for this is I'm a Fellaini apologist. I have been labelled apologist here and agenda driven in some other players thread. Simply no one can express his opinion on squad anymore without being labelled "agenda driven" or "apologist". Grow up a little bit. The player I defend isn't giving me money to defend him and the player I criticize isn't taking my position in the team ffs. It's just opinions, opinions !

But I'll copy a phrase of earlier and say again yeah good riddance. My last replay on this point.

peridigm

I'm hearing the Chinese representatives are at Carrington, if Woody has any business sense he should chuck in Jones, Rojos in the deal too.
"Can I interest you in these fine young lads?"

Good to see we moved Fella on. I think he did a job for us since joining but we need to be signing better players. You can see the difference a manager makes. The last 3 were all defensive minded. I bet Woodward asked Ole, how much will you be using Fellaini? Ole probably said, zilch. If you can sell him, then sell him.

Aloysius's Back 3

Ole is planning to keep a small squad so he can unearth young players more easily.

It needs to be done. It was injuries & a small squad that gave rashford the chance upfront & not a winger.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Got good money for Schneiderlain and Depay, so you are wrong.

No-one wanted Fellaini 6 months ago, so we are lucky to get anyone to take him off of our hands.
Well aren't you the optimist. If you look at the players brought in since Woody took over, starting with Fellaini and Mata, either they're still here and underperforming, or they were sold with a loss (maybe he broke even on Schneiderlin) :lol:

Pogba was great business though, I'll give him that. But I genuinely think he hasn't sold one player with a profit, how is that not ridiculously poor?

Sp00ks11

Please go through! My fingers are firmly crossed and a bottle of my favourite tipple is ready to open on the official news of this deal going through. Notice how it's not any of europes elite clubs coming in for Fellaini yet there is a large swathe of this forum who think he is a good squad member for the biggest team in the world.. good riddance.

Robbie Boy

But, but there’s no way Ole would sell him because 3 underwhelming managers previously pandered to him.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Some of ye are some ungrateful feckin idiots. Fair enough it's the right decision for him to go but show some feckin gratitude.
Gratitude for what?

Being paid a fortune for being not very good at football?

Get a fecking grip man.

Gratitude is for people who do selfless things for you, who put them selves out for you, who help you out.

Not for people being paid millions to play a game, honestly, the state of people these days.

As for the Felliani, if the stories are true then praise the sun, should have been first out the door every transfer window for the last 4 years but still managed to cling on.

Status
Not open for further replies.