Fellaini | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

:drool:

God bless Ole, he just gets it . Fellaini is a walking breathing symbol of the decline of United, Mourinho gave him a payrise and Ole has booted him out

RedNed77

He's not going to get regular football under Ole and if we were to get Poch in the summer, he isn't really his kind of player either so it's hard to see where he'd fit in moving forward. I'm a little bit sad to see the big man leave, watching him come on and start hoofing and elbowing the shit out of everybody when we were getting dicked was a small consolation during the really dark times. Lacking skill he may have been, but he was usually proud to wear the shirt and got given dogs abuse from the fans.

Last edited:

fallengt

Good.
He's the epitome of our problem in recent years. It's nice to have Fellaini as an option but Moyes, LvG, Mourinho saw him as a lazy way to grind out results and stopped trying for a real plan A.
It's not bad in theory but he was our fecking plan A+ for 4 years. Clueless is the perfect word here.

Forcing him out also is forcing manager to play real football and it's a good thing. Ole gets it

Reddy Rederson

I’ve had my issues with elbows over the years, but IMO he’s really shown some character over the past couple. His commitment to do the best he can, and grabbing important goals for us. I wish him every success in what he does next. Not a top talent, but a top player none the less.

Zlatattack

All the best big man. Enjoy winning headers without having to jump.

We'll miss those crucial elbows in the face and the best chest control in the world.

rotherham_red

Tbh I didn't mind Fellaini. Played a crucial role in us getting top 4 in LVG's first season, scored the crucial goals in the fa cup win the season after. Likewise, was great in the Europa League and league cup triumphs. Yes he was most likely never good enough, but he didn't force Moyes to buy him, and neither did he force LVG and Jose to play him subsequently. He'll go with my best wishes and thanks for what he did during the time he's been at the club

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
:drool:

God bless Ole, he just gets it . Fellaini is a walking breathing symbol of the decline of United, Mourinho gave him a payrise and Ole has booted him out
Don't think it's Solskjaer pushing him out, he mentioned in his presser that it's not up to him if someone leaves.

RedTiger

Half mast
By the very definition of irrational, it would be very far from the truth. He's been the literal definition of the proverbial scapegoat.
But that's my point, he's been made a scapegoat for the Moyes appointment. I liked him and I feel he should rather leave in the summer but it's true a lot of fans still connect him to the Moyes era.

tomaldinho1

I'd rather we let him go at the end of the season. We're a bit thin in midfield otherwise.
I think we're ok:

Pog-Matic-Herrera is the preferred three

then you have Fred and Pereira as more than able backups. If Pogba gets injured we're screwed but otherwise think we'll be able to fight for 4th still.

I don't rate McT at all but he's a body to put there if needed and Lingard can play CM according to Ole

onemanarmy

I think it's time for him to leave, but I've always found the way he was treated by some of the fans was disgusting. At least he was passionate to play for this club, more than some others can say.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Oles done a remarkable job ! Got me enjoying watching and the team winning.....Fellaini going to China ? Surely I'm not that lucky :drool:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Fellaini was one of the players that epitomised everything that was wrong over the last 6 years. Slow, laboured, and no vision. Scored on average 4 goals a season for someone supposed to be good in the area.

Hope the stories are genuine.

poleglass red

I think it's time for him to leave, but I've always found the way he was treated by some of the fans was disgusting. At least he was passionate to play for this club, more than some others can say.
True enough. The only good thing I can say about him was he worked hard. The fact we have to commend modern footballers getting paid millions for putting in effort is more a slant on them than it is a credit to Fellaini.

midnightmare

I like Fellaini and acknowledge the value he's added, but I'd be absolutely delighted to see him go and the faster the better. Fellaini is a very limited player with limited technical skill on the ball and poor movement - apart from his skills at chesting the ball down and making a nuisance of himself. He offers value to teams that are underdogs and desperate - who rely on hoofing it and hoping that size and strength will win them something. All of these are traits that symbolize all that Man United should never be - but had become under our last three managers (ignoring Giggs).

So he's become this symbol. A kind of beacon of our travails and shortcomings. Watching him being shipped out will be cathartic and shall hopefully signal a return to the Manchester United of before Fellaini, the Manchester United that won things and thrilled us and became the most-loved and best-supported and exciting football team in the world under a manager that understood these aspects, understood the club, respected it and ensured the "Glory glory" days just continued on and on.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
For three years, I hated him but I've learnt to respect him. Wish him the best.

Sultan

Mourinho's fault he's still at the club. He pushed the club to give him a crazy contract whilst no other clubs were willing to fulfil his demands despite being a free agent.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Don't think it's Solskjaer pushing him out, he mentioned in his presser that it's not up to him if someone leaves.
What do you expect Ole to say?
"My God, that Belgian tree, not United player, can't wait to see him leave".
Felli realised he will not play too much since his daddy left, probably talked to Ole, everybody did, and now he is doing best he can do, go somwhere to play and get lots of money. That is why he is "injured".

Anyway, thanks and good luck Fellaini.
Bye.

onemanarmy

Mourinho's fault he's still at the club. He pushed the club to give him a crazy contract whilst no other clubs were willing to fulfil his demands despite being a free agent.
And now we'll get money for him instead of him leaving for free.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think this was Ed’s plan all along. Fellaini can go but he can’t go for free. Extend in one window and sell the next.

Trizy

For three years, I hated him but I've learnt to respect him. Wish him the best.
I think that sums up every fans feeling towards him.

Great professional attitude (never seemed to kick up a fuss) and always gave it his all on the pitch. It's just a pity he'd wank really.

settembrini

I doubt Solskjaer is pushing Fellaini out but United wouldn't be open to selling him mid-season if he considered him at all useful to have around. Think it's simply a case of Fellaini realising he won't be getting anywhere near as much playing time now his number #1 fan is no longer our manager and United are happy to cash in on an old player who they don't need and is on a contract they didn't want to give him in the first place.

Bola

Don't like all the sh**ing on him. He's shown good spirit and regularly did a job in a United shirt.

It's the right thing for him to move on though. He was a matchday squad player under Jose and has fallen to 6th/ 7th choice in CM under OGS. Be difficult for him to recover his place under this system

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think this was Ed’s plan all along. Fellaini can go but he can’t go for free. Extend in one window and sell the next.
Agreed, if we end up getting a decent fee for him then in hindsight the contract extension will look like decent business.

Revan

Assumptionman
Kind of changed my opinion for him from 'he's an awful player, please get the feck out of here' to 'he is actually okayish but epitomizes everything that it is wrong with the club'.

Probably the last time we can get a bit of money from him, and Ole doesn't seem to be a fan of him, so I guess it is best for all. Pereira and Fred should be enough to deputize for Herrera and Matic

El-Manos

Some of ye are some ungrateful feckin idiots. Fair enough it's the right decision for him to go but show some feckin gratitude.

midnightmare

Don't like all the sh**ing on him. He's shown good spirit and regularly did a job in a United shirt.

It's the right thing for him to move on though. He was a matchday squad player under Jose and has fallen to 6th/ 7th choice in CM under OGS. Be difficult for him to recover his place under this system
I don't think anyone is "sh**ing on him". People are just happy to see him go (see my previous post on why).
As for "shown good spirit", anyone would in his position. Under a proper "United" manager, he'd be nowhere near the club or even on the radar. Can you imagine Fergie signing him? I can't, for one. So for him, being here and on handsome wages too, was probably beyond his wildest dreams. Of course, he was professional, but that's the least of expectations. He just is not what a "United player" should be - so I'm glad he's going.

Like I said, I like the man and respect him, but I want him gone and the sooner the better.

Sultan

And now we'll get money for him instead of him leaving for free.
We'll have likely squandered any money we'll get on his signing fee when he signed the new contract, salary, and another portion of fees for his agent and 15% sell-on fee to Fellaini.

Thiagoal

Felt really uncomfortable with how the big man has been ridiculed at united over the years! Yes there are technically far better players than him but not many -since SAF-have proudly worn the shirt every time they pulled it on and gave their all. Happy for him that he’ll get a big pay day and I’m sure be revered in China

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Hope he stays until summer. We don't have enough depth in midfield.

flappyjay

Tbh I didn't mind Fellaini. Played a crucial role in us getting top 4 in LVG's first season, scored the crucial goals in the fa cup win the season after. Likewise, was great in the Europa League and league cup triumphs. Yes he was most likely never good enough, but he didn't force Moyes to buy him, and neither did he force LVG and Jose to play him subsequently. He'll go with my best wishes and thanks for what he did during the time he's been at the club
Same here, I gonna miss his mentality and attitude. With all the abuse he has gotten he always tries his best. He is probably one of the best personalities in the dressing room

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This certainly adds some credibility to the many rumours about us trying to bring in Tielemans or another midfielder on loan this week

kiristao

I still believe he is a wonderful squad player. He can play a big role when we are defending an onslaught late in the game. He also does a decent job as a DM if we need to substitute Matic.

mrball_uk

Never gave anything less than his best. Home fans always appreciated his effort and attitude. It was not his fault he was signed to Utd by staff/managers who simply did not get what Utd is all about! Good luck big man!

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
It's like half of the people in this tread are suffering from some twisted football related version of Stockholm syndrome. To be fair, Fellaini was in fact excellent that night in Stockholm.

If the reports are true, good riddance! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.