Fellaini | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yes, it seems a bit odd (or arbitrary) when you look at a political map - but Armenia is fully within what is usually considered Asia, geographically, whereas the other two do stretch into Europe by standard (geographical) definition.

Anyway, Fellers, eh? Good luck, no hard feelings, etc. Won't cry tonight, though.

SamVimes

Anyone else think this sale was pushed through so we can get a replacement in this next 24hrs?

That aside, I wish MF well. Bloody frustrating at times and looked like he had won a competition to play for us some times, but he always dug out of us. Like many, I associate him with Moyes and being Jose's love child. For that reason, I'm glad he's gone.

Good luck MF.
Danny Drinkwater

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yes, it seems a bit odd (or arbitrary) when you look at a political map - but Armenia is fully within what is usually considered Asia, geographically, whereas the other two do stretch into Europe by standard (geographical) definition.

Anyway, Fellers, eh? Good luck, no hard feelings, etc. Won't cry tonight, though.
Russai and Turkey are also more within Asia than Europe. Technically Iceland is more within N-America than Europe.

Saffron

I think what is more unbelievable is that a few individuals were expecting and wanting more than £10 million for him. :lol:

Several people in this thread were expecting a ”big payday”, someone even said £40-50m would be reasonable :lol:

So many Stockholm Syndromes shattered today. Some people need to stop being addicted to mediocrity.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
China crisis ?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...CLUSIVE-Old-Trafford-John-Murtagh-Tony-Whelan

Marouane Fellaini, however, is stalling over a move to China in the hope of finding a European club instead.

The Belgium international has agreed in principle a £12m-a-season deal with Shandong Luneng after both club’s agreed a £7m.

But the Chinese transfer window doesn’t close until the end of next month and Fellaini is still hoping he gets a better offer closer to home.

Fellaini, who held talks with AC Milan last summer, is even prepared to accept lower wages in return for joining a club in Europe.

United Pro

For £10m, it'd be decent business. However, I would like to keep him until the summer as Fellaini has his uses.

Patrick08

China crisis ?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...CLUSIVE-Old-Trafford-John-Murtagh-Tony-Whelan

Marouane Fellaini, however, is stalling over a move to China in the hope of finding a European club instead.

The Belgium international has agreed in principle a £12m-a-season deal with Shandong Luneng after both club’s agreed a £7m.

But the Chinese transfer window doesn’t close until the end of next month and Fellaini is still hoping he gets a better offer closer to home.

Fellaini, who held talks with AC Milan last summer, is even prepared to accept lower wages in return for joining a club in Europe.
I think it's the club who will be reluctant to let him go now than the player himself, we are already weak in the air and lack quality options in case of injuries letting him go now is weakening ourselves in a crucial period for the club.

Class of 63

Sourness
I think it's the club who will be reluctant to let him go now than the player himself, we are already weak in the air and lack quality options in case of injuries letting him go now is weakening ourselves in a crucial period for the club.
Well that's only gonna crank up the hatred for Fellaini if it's him trying to force his way out, if what you think is true.

Guoan

Supports
Beijing Guoan
I came to discuss Fellaini but I stay for the geography.

In all seriousness, I can only remember one sustained period of time that I was pleased that he was playing for us - those mystical 4 games in the spring of 2015.

Patrick08

Well that's only gonna crank up the hatred for Fellaini if it's him trying to force his way out, if what you think is true.
We have been hating him since 5 and half years. He would have grown a thick skin by now. Still he puts in all the effort for the manager who wanted him so he should get that respect as a professional.

Class of 63

Sourness
We have been hating him since 5 and half years. He would have grown a thick skin by now. Still he puts in all the effort for the manager who wanted him so he should get that respect as a professional.
What since he was at Primary Skool ?, That's a bit harsh, jeez, always thought the hatred started for some as soon as he signed on the dotted-line at Old Trafford

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Done deal according to a bunch of reports. What’s the hold up in the thread?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It must be hard for his fans to defend their legend for so long only to see him going to some Chinese club. If he was half as good as they thought he was then surely he would have remained in one of the top leagues right?

MuranoLover

Very likely if Jose was still manager. One could argue we would never have come back if Jose was still manager. What could have been.
We would have not cared if we would have come backed if Jose was manager , because we would be far away from Top 4 .

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It must be hard for his fans to defend their legend for so long only to see him going to some Chinese club. If he was half as good as they thought he was then surely he would have remained in one of the top leagues right?
Aye, whenever we drop points, I also particularly like the, almost immediate, "we could have done with Fellaini tonight" posts.

Wish the guy luck, he tried his best, but I am glad he's going (assuming the deal gets done).

Jacob

It'd be cheating to have him in the Chinese league. Guaranteed goal on crosses.

moodyred

Read somewhere the deal is about 7M pounds.

From Express:
UPDATE: Man Utd exit ON
Manchester United are poised to part ways with Marouane Fellaini as midfielder edges closer to a move to China.

Injury has restricted Fellaini’s playing time under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, but he is not in the Norwegian’s plans.

The former Everton star is now set for the Chinese Super League, with Shandong Luneng believed to be his destination.

A deal could be delayed until next month, with the Chinese transfer window open until February 28.

Doracle

Feels like it’s impossible for him to leave. I’m not going to believe this until I see him on the pitch for his new club, and even then I’ll be concerned that we somehow end up loaning him back.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Not very pleased with this.

He is a decent option for squad depth and his aerial ball control is unparalleled. He is not a United player but this is not the time to let him go.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Rumored that we had a bid around £30m rejected by Cagliari for Barella. Hopefully we will meet their valuation at £40m with the money received from Fellaini going to China.
I’d like this, we’ve been linked with him for a while. Where was the rejected bid reported?

Champagne Football

Cheers Marouane. Never moaned. Never complained. Always gave 100% and came through adversity when he was a laughing stock to put in some solid performances.

Not bad for an average squad player with limited ability. Jose should join him in China.

Red Devil Rising

Probably won't get official confirmation today as the Chinese window doesn't close for another month. Looks like he's gone though.

Status
Not open for further replies.