Fellaini | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi2

It feels so significant style-wise to say goodbye to Fellaini. I admire his hard work and professionalism but having Mourinho and Fellaini go in the space of 6 weeks is joyous.
This feels good, now time to move out Valencia, Jones and Rojo

I thank Fellaini for his service and wish him the best in China.
Since Ole has got here its nothing but good news and much needed changes are finally getting done

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Regardless of his time here, he always stayed professional and gave it his all on the pitch. United fans should never boo their own players and unfortuntaly he had his bad spell of days here, mainly because he reflected Moyes and that name still brings trauma around here. Good luck to him.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He's gone! :eek:

Well, I was annoyed and frustrated when we signed him. He was annoying and frustrating to watch, but he at least showed some character with some important goals. But i'm glad we've finally ended this chapter. Thanks for the hard work Fellaini.

stevoc

End of an era, end of the Fellaini years.

Good luck to him, must be a nice payday for him.

Siorac

I'll hold the celebrations until there is official confirmation.

SiRed

Could anybody please tell me exactly when anybody booed Fellaini

I keep reading it over and over again that he has been booed by his own fans.

No he has not! Ever.

Bola

Any one think they are selling Fellaini to use those wages for De Gea and Martial? Seems really odd to sell him in January when it's clear they need all the help they can get this season. Unless that's the reason.
Could be, but it may be a case of thinning out the squad to make way for youngsters. I had Fellani as 7th choice CM for us, 8th if people wanted to class Mata as a midfielder.

Either way, I think we have enough squad depth in that position and not a huge risk in relation to the benefit of getting a 100k+ player off the books

I'd be looking at Valencia (assuming Darmian stays for now) and Rojo next. They could leave tomorrow and it would have a minimal impact on squad depth

onemanarmy

He got slated a lot, but he's had a career most players can only dream of. It had been 25 years ago that Standard Liège won the championship, a midfield of Fellaini, Defour and Witsel made that possible. He had a great time at Everton and a dream transfer to United. He has played almost 90 times for his country, scoring 18 goals.

All the best!

SirAF

Ageist

No he has not! Ever.
Pretty sure it happened after he conceded that penalty against Everton (?).

stevoc

No he has not! Ever.
It happened in a preseason game vs Valencia if I remember correctly.

SATA

No he has not! Ever.
Yes he was. In a pre season game apparently. Can't remember it was this season or last

Him and Nani were often booed by the fans. Nani not for his quality but ability to frustrate with some of his play and decision making

marukomu

The Gatekeeper

No he has not! Ever.
Definitely the next home game after giving away the pen v Everton.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He was a good pro, tried his best, had some good moments and shipped some undue vitriol at times. No particular ill will towards him at all.

That said, he should never have been signed as he fundamentally wasn't good enough. Beyond that, he didn't fit in any set up that was worth having. Every time I saw us bringing Fellaini on to change things it was a reminder of the low ebb we were at as a side, which is why I'll forever associate him with the terrible football of the last few years.

If you told me a few weeks ago that both Mourinho and Fellaini would be gone before the end of January.......

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

No he has not! Ever.
Remember a pre season game when Van Gaal just came and everyone was booing him and then he scored and Van Gaal gave a wry smile. There was talk of him being shipped out that season. I guess Van Gaal saw something.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
These post ferguson years will come to be known as the Fellaini Years.

RedCurry

Just a reminder that we were linked with Kroos, Fabregas, Bale, Cristiano, Thiago in the summer of 2013 but ended up signing only Fellaini for a price above his actual release clause, on the deadline day for £28m, after we had a bid rejected for signing both him AND Baines for the same amount.

redpatron

Any one think they are selling Fellaini to use those wages for De Gea and Martial? Seems really odd to sell him in January when it's clear they need all the help they can get this season. Unless that's the reason.
nah, chinese super league starts in a month. Its a now or never situation. If we don't sell him in this window, they might not be back in the summer and we end up stuck with him for another season since no one else in europe wants him.

stevoc

Rojo and Darmian first. Jones is still a useful squad player

Darmian is to football what Timmy Mallett is to music but i'll give him this, unlike the other two at least he seems to stay fit most of the time.

crossy1686

career ending

No he has not! Ever.
He very much was in one preseason. Think it was under Van Gaal. Then he scored on the opening day of the PL and celebrated like 'feck you' to the fans that had been booing him.

crossy1686

career ending
98% of the clubs in Europe would want him, they just can't afford him
I bet you can't name 3 CL teams from a top 4 league that 'want' him.

They can't afford him because what he think's he should be paid and what he's actually worth are light years apart. There's only China that's willing to meet him on his own evaluation of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.