Fellaini | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

Never a Utd player.

Tried hard and had some nice moments but not good enough from day one

His departure is long overdue.

AgentP

We did good by getting Fellaini to sign a new contract. Now, we have made a decent profit instead of letting him go on a free.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
This is a good news, the club is obviously going in different direction which is good to see, but we need to sign another midfielder before celebrating sale of Fellaini.

Member 115509

Had his moments since he signed but largely frustrating, time for him to go. Doesn't offer nearly enough to be a United player.

Tiber

Whilst he does seem a good guy and nobody can fault his effort, I am afraid that I am firmly in the camp that sees him as a walking symbol of the decline of United in recent years and thus I am delighted to see the back of him. But this is still an interesting and well argued article from Mitten

fergosaurus

He was the embodiment of the laughing stock we've been since 2013 so glad to see him go. Saying that I wish some of the current players had his mentality.

shaky

He always tried his best, it's not his fault his best wasn't up to the standards we were used to. Good luck Fellaini.

meamth

Good luck Fellaini. I believe in all our players no matter how bad they were playing for us. Call it blind faith, but I call it support.

Have fun with your last hurrah at China, you deserve it.

Lowkey

Only? I thought we were going to end up paying half his salary to play for someone in Turkey?
ye. ONLY. The guy played in the semi final of a world cup. If this was Chelsea, they would have got atleast 30 million for him or what they paid. Players that have been rotting on the bench for years at Chelsea still get sold at a premium price but at United your value, even after you have just signed a new contract is in negative.

Litch

Good luck Fellaini. I believe in all our players no matter how bad they were playing for us. Call it blind faith, but I call it support.

Have fun with your last hurrah at China, you deserve it.
Spot on.

Tiber

ye. ONLY. The guy played in the semi final of a world cup. If this was Chelsea, they would have got atleast 30 million for him or what they paid. Players that have been rotting on the bench for years at Chelsea still get sold at a premium price but at United your value, even after you have just signed a new contract is in negative.
And who exactly was going to pay 30 million for a 31 year old Fellaini? Especially after his recent Jose-mandated big pay rise.

Djemba-Djemba

Nobody was paying 30 million for Fellaini.

Come on now

POF

I love the Sky Transfer Tracker.

James Cooper: "Fellaini deal may drag on past transfer deadline day".

15 minutes later: Fellaini's instagram picture at the airport.

20 minutes later: James Cooper confirms that Marouane Fellaini is on his way to China to agree personal terms.

Wow, finger on the pulse there. He's covered United for Sky for years and seems to have absolutely no contacts whatsoever. Having watched a string of United managers laugh at his moronic press conference questions I am not surprised.

stevoc

Can you name another 31 year old player of similar ability to Fellaini who only had just over a year left on their contract who went for £30m?

Kostov

Good luck to the guy and all the best. Nice to see us finally getting rid of players that are not in the longterm planning. Let's hope Rojo, Darmian, Jones, Valencia follow suit and we move on from them.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
No hard feelings against Fellaini. He's not the prettiest player to watch but no doubt he had his uses over the years and some important goals vs Palace, City and Everton and played a good part in our FA Cup and Europa League wins. Can't doubt his commitment but in truth he was never technically good enough to play for us - wish him well

hobbers

Decent fee.

Good luck to him, not his fault he should never have been signed in the first place.

Tiber

Wasn't it reported widely that he took a pay cut actually?
I certainly haven't heard that. Have read that the club didn't want him back at all but Jose insisted on it. The longer it dragged on the higher the price got.

In his latest article Mitten said

Fellaini's loyalty was to the managers who backed him, not the fans who did not or even the club that, he felt, stalled on an initial contract offer. As a result, United ended up paying a lot more because Mourinho saw him as a crucial player
http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/man...latform=amp&src=com&__twitter_impression=true

Djemba-Djemba

Good luck to the guy and all the best. Nice to see us finally getting rid of players that are not in the longterm planning. Let's hope Rojo, Darmian, Jones, Valencia follow suit and we move on from them.
Of those 4 I think only Rojo is still on a daft contract with years to run, he might be the most difficult one to get rid of.

His injury record the last few years is even worse than Jones, we'll really struggle to find anyone who wants Rojo.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I love the Sky Transfer Tracker.

James Cooper: "Fellaini deal may drag on past transfer deadline day".

15 minutes later: Fellaini's instagram picture at the airport.

20 minutes later: James Cooper confirms that Marouane Fellaini is on his way to China to agree personal terms.

Wow, finger on the pulse there. He's covered United for Sky for years and seems to have absolutely no contacts whatsoever. Having watched a string of United managers laugh at his moronic press conference questions I am not surprised.
He was right, it will drag on past transfer deadline day, you don't think it will all be done and dusted before 23:00 tonight do you ?

VP

Finally, good riddance. has anyone wondered why no other top club shown interest in this lump? It's because he's not very good.

prateik

No problem with him.. Scored some important goals.. Was never a problem as a squad member.. Plenty of money in China too.

Good luck.

RAVred

I can understand why we are getting rid of him, but I honestly think we should've kept him until the summer to see if he can aid us in any of our cups or otherwise. If we were going to get the best money for him now then it makes sense, or otherwise its bad business to me

He is a massive asset in certain situations, and in most off the bench and would've helped us a lot in tight cup ties for the season. Theres a long list of players id rather leave the club or be moved to the reserves over Fellaini. We probably wouldnt have even made the ro16 in the UCL without him against juve and hes saved us in a number of games before that

Scoring off of indirect stop ball situations has also been a weakness of ours with OGS and one Fellaini would be useful to improve.

He doesnt suit the club or our 'philosophy' but this may be too early to get rid of him considering we are bringing in no one to replace him. And as we have seen the other midfielders on the bench are inadequate even for their style of play (Andreas and Fred, at least right now they arent good enough).

Crashoutcassius

All the best to a player that gave everything while other big names couldn't manage that and while the fans laughed in his face. When he was confident and on form I believe he belonged at the top level. I wish the fans that appreciated him could let him know some way. Actually rare in the past few years that someone has come in and done 100% for the club.

EwanI Ted

While I might have pulled my hair out when I saw him picked, I never blamed the player. If a limited player comes on and does his best, its on the manager if that’s not good enough. Glad he’s going, but there’s no sour grapes, hope he has a nice little earner in China. Think he’d get a (modest) round of applause if he turned up at United with an opposing team.

Status
Not open for further replies.