Fellaini | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo2035

His position is no.10 . We play him in midfield. Still he's a better CM than Perrerira and Fred.

Johan07

He was leaving for nothing last summer until we signed him up. Zero. For free.
If we get 10m for him now, we will actually have made money on the widely criticised decision to resign him.
Even if we have paid him a couple of million pounds in wages during this season so far.
I would have kept him this season out though.
We are thin in midfield and he is also always an option late in games.

SiamDevil

Judging him as "one of the worst player in our history" as the majority of our fans think, he was fantastic. In all seriousness I feel that the number of bad games he had was exaggerated and overall there was actually an equal mixture of good and bad performances. Still don't get why there's so much anger directed almost solely at him on how he represents hoofball. The managers were the ones who decided to play him and play it long to him, so why not focus the anger on them?

His loyalty was to the managers and not the fans/club. Don't be fooled by this giving 100%. Look how he held the club to ransom for new contract. OGS was reportedly unhappy with his attitude- possibly because he stopped trying after Jose.
Good riddance.
Sources? Genuinely curious here. Also considering some of the abuse he got, it's understandable why he wouldn't be as loyal to the fans.

Johan07

His loyalty was to the managers and not the fans/club. Don't be fooled by this giving 100%. Look how he held the club to ransom for new contract. OGS was reportedly unhappy with his attitude- possibly because he stopped trying after Jose.
Good riddance.
What a terrible and disrespectful post. Do you have any sources for your statements?

Last edited:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Good luck to him. Vastly underrated player who chipped in with some massively important moments for us over the years.

lysglimt

Scout
Embarrassing to ready so many celebrating that Fellaini is leaving (esp on Twitter) - thinking he is not good enough and should be sold - Fine! Calling it the best deadline ever (as some moron wrote) - just embarrassing!

Fellaini is not good enough to be a regular for us, but he is still a damn good player - and unlike many players at our club he actually always looked like he cared and did his best. Will I be sad to see Fellaini go ? Nah - but he has my respect for what he did for us.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Can people name better players who were here a shorter period of time than our man Fellaini.

Yorke.
Cantona?
Fellaini was here for 5.5 years, so should be loads of players.

Stam, RVN, Rafael, RVP, Cantona, Hernandez, Berbatov, Yorke, Sheringham, Kanchelskis.....

El Zoido

He just reminds me of David Moyes. The most Moyes player ever. Him and Mourinho going within a couple of months of each other is a great thing. He’s been here five years, been mostly crap, had a handful of good games, “tried hard”, and is now leaving for a third of what we paid for him after mugging us off on a massive salary for years. And apparently you’re a disgrace if you’re happy he’s on his way.

Josep Dowling

Embarrassing to ready so many celebrating that Fellaini is leaving (esp on Twitter) - thinking he is not good enough and should be sold - Fine! Calling it the best deadline ever (as some moron wrote) - just embarrassing!

Fellaini is not good enough to be a regular for us, but he is still a damn good player - and unlike many players at our club he actually always looked like he cared and did his best. Will I be sad to see Fellaini go ? Nah - but he has my respect for what he did for us.
He's a metaphor for when it all went wrong. For that reason alone I'm glad he's gone.

He tried to take us to the cleaners with his contract which has now meant other players over 30, like Mata and Young, want more than one year when there is no way they would get a better contract deal elsewhere (unless they go China).

He was always a limited player and if I hear someone else say 'he gave it all for the shirt' I might scream. He was a lazy DM who wasn't quick enough to track back. A player earning over £100k a week, knowing full well he shouldn't be playing for a club the size of United, no wonder he 'tried' a bit more. All he did was pass sideways and give fouls away because he couldn't control his elbows. One of the most ungracious players I have ever seen in a United shirt. He scored a couple of last minute goals by being lumped up front in the last 10 minutes. I wonder if we would have needed a last minute goal in those games if a better creative midfielder was on the pitch.

Bill Hartzia

'fro was rather unlucky to be associated with the negative Managers he played under - Moyes and Jose in particular, and to have been signed by the worst Manager in the club's history, Moyes. He was a useful Plan B off the bench, no matter what his detractors think, but I suppose we have Lukaku as that, presently.

Best of luck to the guy.

onemanarmy

He tried to take us to the cleaners with his contract which has now meant other players over 30, like Mata and Young, want more than one year when there is no way they would get a better contract deal elsewhere (unless they go China).
He is in no way to blame for that. An employee asking his employer for better benefits and the employer agrees. He would have been stupid not to.

Josep Dowling

He is in no way to blame for that. An employee asking his employer for better benefits and the employer agrees. He would have been stupid not to.
I would expect we offered his contract extension way before it was to run out. He purposely run his contract down, then forced United to give him 2 years which was against club policy. We accepted just so we could make some money back off a terrible transfer.

This is the same guy that tried to sue Under Armour because his boots didn't fit properly. He's a mercenary, money grabber.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
The only real crap side to him was that penalty and the one dimensional Plan B he represented. Not a bad Plan B, but it just seemed to be our only one and it rarely worked, particularly in the EPL where fodder teams are bound to have some massive units at CB.

Great pro, great commitment and a significant contribution to our EL win. Thanks and good luck microphone.

onemanarmy

I would expect we offered his contract extension way before it was to run out. He purposely run his contract down, then forced United to give him 2 years which was against club policy. We accepted just so we could make some money back off a terrible transfer.

This is the same guy that tried to sue Under Armour because his boots didn't fit properly. He's a mercenary, money grabber.
So nothing but guesses? Him "forcing" United, that's the club to blame. His agent got him a good deal, fair play to him. This is grasping at straws.

Johan07

Seriously?
Did he hold a gun to Woodwards head or what? We could have walked away from him this summer but Mourinho wanted to keep him. How is this down to him? How did he "force" United to do anything.
Stupid post.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Good luck to the bloke. Isn’t/wasn’t nearly as shit as some would have us believe.

Jibbs

Should have kept him till the end of season, game against burnley showed his skills are still valuable.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Good luck to the big fella. While there were times over the years that I hated how he was used by different managers, I never blamed him for that. When he was used right he was normally quite a good option for us to have, and he had many games over the years where he did very well. He always took a lot more flack from many supporters than he deserved.

Rumours were that while he did get the 2 years he was after, he also had to accept a lower wage than we were originally offering.

Roboc7

Have to wonder if he has had a poor attitude since Mourinho left, club were eager to get rid even without a permanent manager or DOF when there was no real need.

He was massively over rated by too many United fans, a poor player who is lauded as giving 100% for shirt but in the summer he didn’t seem like someone who did. He tried because that’s type of person he is, he felt very little for the club or the fans and has lapped up chance to earn more money in China. Can’t blame him and hope he does well, no loss to United though and pleased we are moving on.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Have to wonder if he has had a poor attitude since Mourinho left, club were eager to get rid even without a permanent manager or DOF when there was no real need.

He was massively over rated by too many United fans, a poor player who is lauded as giving 100% for shirt but in the summer he didn’t seem like someone who did. He tried because that’s type of person he is, he felt very little for the club or the fans and has lapped up chance to earn more money in China. Can’t blame him and hope he does well, no loss to United though and pleased we are moving on.
Very much doubt it. He never once showed a poor attitude.

Ole has just told him straight up he isn't in his plans, so he's decided to move on.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
He did good for us , sadly is not fit for the type of football Ole wants . But after seeing the amount of crosses we did last game , I dont know.

Roboc7

Very much doubt it. He never once showed a poor attitude.

Ole has just told him straight up he isn't in his plans, so he's decided to move on.
How do you know he hasn’t had a bad attitude?. So an interim manager has supposedly told him he isn’t in his plans and he goes just like that. Isn’t this guy supposed to be a fighter who never gives up.

There is every chance he has been pushed out for whatever reason.

arthurka

Ed should get the contract for Ole out right now, finally a manager who knows what is and what isn´t at Utd.

Nothing against Fellaini but he should never have been bought here in the first place.
Gave his all and was a good pro.

Hope he does well in PRC.

RedDevil@84

How do you know he hasn’t had a bad attitude?. So an interim manager has supposedly told him he isn’t in his plans and he goes just like that. Isn’t this guy supposed to be a fighter who never gives up.

The way I see it is United had no plans to keep Fellaini after last season. So he was already contacted by Chinese team or Turkish team. But then Jose kinda forced Woodward to give him a new contract. Fellaini maybe reconsidered and decided he does not need to go to China yet while he is still wanted in England.
But after Jose, Ole more or less said that it will be difficult to put him in his plans. And Fellaini now had a choice to sit here and work hard and see if he could change his game to match Ole's tactics which could take him a year or so or go for the big money in China. He chose the latter.

It's B Rubble

Always liked him. Puts in a shift and scores on his day. Helped us win silverware, hate on here is unjustifiable.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

How do you know he has a bad attitude? What gives you the smallest idea that would be the case?

It's obvious he's just not playing, and now wants to move on. Why does there have to be anything sinister. Every manager who's worked with him has said he's always been professional.

Robbie Boy

Can’t wait until he goes so people on here won’t have to pretend that he’s a good player. He may had his uses at times, but feck we, we should never ever have signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.