Fellaini | Mou: "It's easier for Galatasaray to get me than Marouane. He is too important to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4YON

If he leaves we have someone In Midfield already lined up, Matic? Renato Sanches?

We are very light in midfield as it is so lets just wait and see.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Probably Axel will be shifted to midfield as another option. He played there a few times last season and looked very decent, the passing and composure are there to see
Strange that Axel seems the one that might end up in midfield, always had TFM down as the one most likely of the two to end up there.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Not his fan at all, but selling him for few millions would be ridiculous in todays market, he is better here.

James_42

Surely if we're thinking about selling him then we're close to bringing in another midfielder? Maybe Jose intends on giving Pereira a chance this season and is now happy to let Fellaini leave? I would welcome his departure.

el3mel

If he moved then we're definitely getting a midfielder, right ?

Also him leaving can be a blessing in disguise :lol: I mean it can pave the road to Pereira to get more game time.

izzydiggler

I'm not a fan of his and he's the type of player we should be replacing but given Carrick's age, we'd be woefully short in midfield. Doesn't make sense to sell him unless we were getting 2 in.

And as much as we moan about him, he's shown in certain games he can be effective (EL final for instance)...I don't want him near being being first choice but in a last resort/replacement for injuries role he'd be OK - unless we got somebody better of course.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
If we are about to sell him then we already have two midfielders lined up, if not it would be criminal mismanagement.

Matic and one more is my guess.
Why? Surely Matic, Carrick and Pereira is enough cover for one CDM spot?

If all three of them get injured and we have to get an academy player in, well that's bad luck.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Herrera-Pogba-Mkhtarian the favoured three at the moment?
With Carrick providing support?

That'd be exceptionally light, unless Jose has seen enough between Perreira, TFM and Axel to compliment them!

GM K

We are definitely going to sign a midfielder if we let Fellaini go.
Of course we are.

Matic will most likely be joining us and I think Jose is ready to give Perreira his shot at the big league.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

If all three of them get injured and we have to get an academy player in, well that's bad luck.
How about cover and rotation for the b2b spot? We saw how knackered Pogba and Herrera were at the business end of last season.

Pereira will be rotation for the b2b spot, and not CDM, but is it enough with one untested 21 year old as cover for Pogba and Herrera?

pauldyson1uk

I am a fan of his , I think he is a decent player.
I hope we are getting minimum 2 midfield players, Carrick is not up to week in week out play.
Fallaini is a decent squad player and every team needs them.
I for one will be sad to see him leave, without him we would not have won the EL last season, the Final for me was one of his best games in a United shirt.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Most of us said we're desperate for a deep midfielder already, so it makes sense if you shift another midfielder to replace them too.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
He's decent when we go route one, but, he sticks out like a sore thumb in a midfield that comprises Herrera and Pogba. He's not good enough, selling him would be the best recourse.

No in saying that, I doubt he'll be leaving.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I have absolutely no doubt Periera is ready and capable to take Fellaini's spot. However we would still need 2 new midfielders if Fellaini does leave.

GM K

Perreira seems to be the obvious replacement for Fellaini and with Matic most likely coming in, that midfield is certainly going to improve.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I'd be happy only if it meant that we are bringing in two midfielders. Given that we are constantly talking about max two targets with just one being a realistic option I cannot really see him going and rightfully so. We already need an another midfielder with the current setup, nevermind when he leaves.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Pogba, Herrera, Perreira (untested), Carrick (36) and Matic (?) would be a bit on the light side for a team at times playing 4-3-3 and competing on all fronts.

You could tell our squad was knackered last season from all the games, and the midfield especially so.
Even with Fellaini we would be a little short on numbers.

Can't see this happening unless Jose has a certainty (or 2!) lined up to replace him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Not his biggest fan, but I've no doubt he has tried his best for us so for that he deserves respect.

If we can get good fee and a replacement, well then that'll be splendid.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Conflicted about this. He's not a great footballer but he's got guts and he's played some very important games for us. Someone above said he is the ghost of David Moyes and he kind of is to be honest though... its kind of telling that it's only a Turkish team in for him at this stage too...

luke511

Maybe we've given them the green light to make a move now we have the adequate replaced sorted.. The sporting director made it sound like Fellaini has been offered to them.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
If we are about to sell him then we already have two midfielders lined up, if not it would be criminal mismanagement.

Matic and one more is my guess.
Only Matic is my guess.

We would then have Matic, Herrera, Pogba, Pereira and Carrick as options for midfield if we play 4231. Mourinho do not rotate much, and I'm sure he would be fine with that.

Fellainis biggest asset is as a target man. Next year we will have Lukaku and maybe eventually Zlatan.

finneh

Moving Blind to midfield and getting rid of Fellaini would be an instant large upgrade in my view.

Walters_19_MuFc

Those who are saying bring in two defensive midfielders to replace Fellaz doesn't make sense.

Fellaini, whilst being able to play as a holding midfielder, is possibly at his best as a box to box midfielder.

If he does go, and I hope he doesn't, then it's imperative we bring in two midfielder - preferably a holding and box to box midfielder.

Matic and Matuidi/Sanches are probably the most realistic.

Thing is, Fellaini is a unique player. Be very surprised if we offload him.

togg

Well, if he is off, there is no doubt we will be signing a replacement. There is no way Mourinho would sanction this unless someone was already lined up to come in since he already stated he needed a midfielder before this news today.

arthurka

Moving Blind to midfield and getting rid of Fellaini would be an instant large upgrade in my view.
Again Blind Isn't a midfielder... Played three seasons here and had been tried once. If Fellaini leaves we need two cm.

Nick7

No it wouldn't. This bizarre thought that Blind is great in midfield is weird. He played there his first season, was thoroughly uninspired then replaced by Fellaini for the second half of the season who was great.

Jonboy

Would be delighted if this was true. I honestly shudder at the mere sight of him warming up for us. Nothing personal against him, he tries hard and all that but his level of technical ability just does not belong at this club. Also when he plays its far too easy for the rest of the team to just lump it to him(admittedly under instruction) so he drags the whole side down.

I'd imagine over on PSGcafe there's a handsome poster called Jeanboy who right now is almost drowning in his own spunk over the Neymar deal.
He'd still not be more satisfied than me if this deal goes through.

Dante

Average bang
Again Blind Isn't a midfielder... Played three seasons here and had been tried once. If Fellaini leaves we need two cm.
I'm not sure we do.

Lukaku, Martial and Persic are a good front three. Rashord, Mata and Mkhitaryan are able deputies/replacements.

Lingard can then transition into midfield as cover for Pogba. He's played there a few times and offers a lot in the role. Probably more than he does on the wing. As much as anything, it'll be his running that Perisic would replace.

Behind them, Herrera, Carrick, Pereira + AN Other will be enough. Tuanzebe can step in in a crisis.

Jaybomb

When we're getting dominated in midfield, everyone will see how important he was.

Ridiculous the amount of abuse he gets on here. After being a large factor in our last 3 trophy wins too.

arthurka

I'm not sure we do.

Lukaku, Martial and Persic are a good front three. Rashord, Mata and Mkhitaryan are able deputies/replacements.

Lingard can then transition into midfield as cover for Pogba. He's played there a few times and offers a lot in the role. Probably more than he does on the wing. As much as anything, it'll be his running that Perisic would replace.

Behind them, Herrera, Carrick, Pereira + AN Other will be enough. Tuanzebe can step in in a crisis.
If he leaves I can see us signing that kid from Anderlecht and Perisic..

el3mel

Matic, Carrick, Herrera, Pogba, Periera.

If this is our midfielder next season then we'll probably move to 4-2-3-1 with Matic and Herrera rotating on the DMF position beside Pogba with all 3 playing in big games I think.

Pereira will get a good game time and I think that what Caf will love ? I mean we would have heard all the season multiple complains about Fellaini getting more chances than Pereira and how our football is terrible then if Fellaini leaves and Pereira will take his position then " he's too young and we'll lack any depth " it's really strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.