Fellaini (on his way) out? | Duncan Castles: Fellaini agrees new two year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

settembrini

If he renews now he will become even more unpopular with United fans than he was before.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
I hope he renews, then we can spend the £150m needed for the would-be central midfielder/physical striker replacement elsewhere.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
really really hope we don't renew, his minutes should go to Herrera or Pereira if he stays, after signing Fred and to some other prospects we have in academy in the future. Would be stupid to keep him when we can certainly play better football without him.

MUFC OK

He's going to fecking stay, we will never be rid of this fraud. Yes, he is occasionally useful but we are Manchester United, would any top 5 club in Europe even entertain this man or those tactics? No. Evidenced by the fact that he has been available on a free for some time and no one was willing to take him. Please get out of the club.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Fellaini doing a Griezmann.
The timing on July 1st means he's signed for another club already. Happy days!

stevoc

No doubt millions of United fans around the world will be on the edge of their seats waiting to hear his decision.

I never minded Fellaini he always seemed like a nice enough guy. But the last few months he really has disappeared up his own hole.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Basically he's allowing his agent to sort this mess till 1st July else he'll sign with us.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
According to Skysports these were his quotes:

"I am not worried about my contract running out, I am used to it. I am strong enough mentally to deal with it.

"Soon I will say where I will be playing next season. On July 1."

I always suspected he'd end up staying here, but if those quotes are genuine then he's got to be gone. It would make no sense to wait until then to announce if it were us.

Judas

Open to offers
Yeah those quotes make it seem like he's out of here. For the best, if he renewed now, the abuse he'd get after all his mouthing off would be a bit ugly.

cathari

No doubt millions of United fans around the world will be on the edge of their seats waiting to hear his decision.

I never minded Fellaini he always seemed like a nice enough guy. But the last few months he really has disappeared up his own hole.
My thoughts exactly.

He is a handy player that has impressed many of us. I even bought a jersey with his name on. Loved how he turned his stature around.

But, given his technical restrictions and the mere 900 minutes José gave him this season I cannot tell why he should earn something like 150k a week and get a three year contract. He surely must see that he is asking for far better terms then what his value entails?

I don't think he'll see this the other way, so - then it's bye bye from me (already sold the jersey).

redpatron

I see fellani waiting for that end of the season bonus check to clear before he bounces to a new club.

onemanarmy

"I am not worried about my contract running out, I am used to it. I am strong enough mentally to deal with it.

I always suspected he'd end up staying here, but if those quotes are genuine then he's got to be gone. It would make no sense to wait until then to announce if it were us.
He actually said he's already signed a contract elsewhere, and will announce his new club in 5 days (according to Belgian journalists).

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Thanks for everything, but goodbye. I'm tired of not being interested in United matches or falling asleep or playing video games during. It's time we get back a bit of suave and this is a start.

Revan

Assumptionman

Does he think that he is fecking Griezmann? Hey Maroune, you actually need to be good at footy to speak this nonsense, and even then it is actually better to not do it.

I really hope that we have withdrawn any offer that we had for him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Apparently, EPL clubs cannot announce free transfer after deals within the country until the contract expires. Explains why he said July 1st.
Looks like he's staying in England. Think it's Arsenal.

RedNed77

You can only blame mourhino for this mess, how has it even gotten to this point?
Not sure blame is the word I’d use, he seems to have managed to have gotten rid of Fellaini, I’d say thanks are more in order than blame.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Problem for Fellaini is Moyes and Allerdyce aren't in management right now, the former definitely would have bit your hand off for Fellaini on a free and for a mid-table club he would be ideal. Still a chance though he could accept a less extravagant contract than what he had hoped for.

Minimalist

Apparently, EPL clubs cannot announce free transfer after deals within the country until the contract expires. Explains why he said July 1st.
If it is, oh dear.

Thank christ it seems he's on his way out though.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
That's annoying - I wanted him out of the league if he was leaving as you just know he'd a constant pain in the arse for us whenever we played him. He'd play like a even more irritating Welbeck wanting to stick the knife into us.

el3mel

He would have extended ages ago if he wanted. He's definitely going to leave.

Minimalist

That's annoying - I wanted him out of the league if he was leaving as you just know he'd a constant pain in the arse for us whenever we played him. He'd play like a even more irritating Welbeck wanting to stick the knife into us.
Personally think Matic would eat him alive now though. Pogba could deal with him too if he got his finger out.

Robindinho

He actually said he's already signed a contract elsewhere, and will announce his new club in 5 days (according to Belgian journalists).
Thank Christ for that!!

I don’t hate him but we really need to move on from the Fellaini hoof ball tactic.

GBBQ

He would have extended ages ago if he wanted. He's definitely going to leave.
Could be brinksmanship on his part. Fellaini's demands of £125,000 a week would work out at £19.5 million over the course of a 3 year contract. Now for all his issues, I don't think you'd bring in a much better caliber of player for that amount in transfer fee and wages over 3 years. United might yet cave in order to have a plan b or c in reserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.