Fellaini (on his way) out? | Duncan Castles: Fellaini agrees new two year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

Ding Dong the witch is dead. Hopefully that's the end of the Moyes curse.

No hard feelings with Fellaini I wish him well on his future endeavours, apart from when he plays against us.

It's the right decision by the club. Hopefully Jose gets the idea of lump ball out his head now.
Ya spoke too soon.

Morpheus 7

That's a lovely surprise waiting for people tomorrow morning. Can't say I'm shocked. It's fair game with Fellaini now, the fans do have the right not to be happy with him. Mourihno fighting to get this plank a contract but no word of De Gea's and Martial is likely off running do his. Beyond frustrating, I'd like to think Jose will change next season but it will be more of the same I fear.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
means we won't be signing another midfielder.

This guy can feck off for using united and when he gets booed again everyone will be sorry for him. Why? Rooney did this once with us and we forgave him because he's a club legend while we have a bean pole using the club. I don't think he should be booed but I certainly won't feel sorry for him if it does happen the next time he comes onto the pitch as a United player.

Any top club, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, and now City wouldn't put up with this lumbering oaf and if we are stuck with him it'll just epitomize how we are still in the dark ages.

You can tell why I got my tag now :)

I really wanted mourinho before he came but he's literally become deschamps in disguise both have identical ways of playing and its shit to see.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't be bothered really. It's Mourinho's job on the line. More of the same and he needs to feck off.

el3mel

If that happens, ffs the meltdown will be epic. I won't even be able to blame anyone.

Based Adnan

We've been held to ransom by Fellaini lol

Can't help but laugh. What's the world coming to...

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Still haven't heard a good arguments as to why him staying for another year in order to redirect the mountain of money needed for both a backup central midfielder and backup physical striker to replace him is a bad thing.

Just short-sighted emotional whinging.

Canagel

Nooooooo! Please no! I just don't get it. Why? Why is he so important? What did he do last season? He is actually injury prone and wasn't available for the majority of time. Next season it'll be more of the same I imagine. This is before we talk about his football. The more worrying thing is that him staying will mean no second midfielder signing like planned. We don't have ambitions of moving forward as a club it seems.

Frank Grimes

Is he really the cause of all our ills? Decent squad player, we have a decent midfield now with Matic behind Fred and Pogba. How many midfielders do we need? Our priority now should be getting 3 signings where we REALLY need them. CB, LB and RW.

jem

I honestly don't get the hatred of Fellaini. He's not the greatest player by any means, but he always gives his all, and scores some important goals. I find Valencia to be a far bigger hindrance to our team than Fellaini, and yet nobody seems to hate him (which is a great thing; just don't know why Fellaini doesn't get the same respect.)

Seven Seas Sardines

If it's remotely true that we're being bent over by the wig-wearing donkey sub, Mourinho needs to leave asap. Renewing Fellaini and relying on Young yet another season! He really doesn't want to compete with Pep, does he?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If that happens...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: we're such a fecking shambolic club these days. Letting fecking Fellaini toy with us over a contract. feck right off

Sp00ks11

I honestly don't get the hatred of Fellaini. He's not the greatest player by any means, but he always gives his all, and scores some important goals. I find Valencia to be a far bigger hindrance to our team than Fellaini, and yet nobody seems to hate him (which is a great thing; just don't know why Fellaini doesn't get the same respect.)
What important goals?

This argument is done to death but if we want to be the new arsenal, having dross like Fellaini in and around our first team squad is the way to go. Notice how no club has come to get him even on a free, the guy is useless and for someone so tall he is surprisingly poor at headers.

Oh well I am sure the european giants are all scared witless at facing the mighty manchester united staring Fellaini in next years Champions League, meanwhile our noisy neighbors play most teams off the park with scintilating football and continue to break all sorts of premier league records, while we resort to elbows and hoof ball, hey ho.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Doesn't surprise me. Think Mourinho wants to go all-in on a high profile right wing signing which could take up most of our remaining budget and use the rest on a CB (links to a left back have gone cold) so he has probably made it clear to the board that he wants Fellaini to stay so we don't need to use some of the budget on a midfield signing.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Schweinsteiger is 34 in August so he was almost 31 when we signed him in July 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastian_Schweinsteiger

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33511027

Valencia definitely signed a new 2 year deal last May.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ter-united-agree-to-2-year-contract-extension

We also signed Valdes at 32 on an 18 months contract.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30736791

The 1 year max contract policy for players over 30 was ended years ago as far as i remember. I reckon the club would only go 1 year max for Fellaini because he's became injury prone and wanted a significant wage increase.
About time too as it was a nonsense, i'm guessing LvG should get the credit for that then ? ;)

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Fellaini is really good at marking physical but slow strikers in PES 2018. I suggest you try it, if the opponent relies on his striker to score They're done, you'll win 100%.
If They have 2 strikers, mark each with Fellaini and Matic. Use Pogba as the only CM. It works every time.

Axkiko

Really disappointing. The board allowed a player has disrespected the club over last few months and still offering him a new contract. Good luck to Fellaini, he might be loved by Mourinho, but he might become one of the most hated player of own United supporters.

An Irish Red

He plays as a glorified striker and yet he's scored six league goals in the last three seasons combined. He's one of many reasons why we have declined.

He should never have been here in the first place and it's looking likely that he'll get a new contract to take him into his sixth season at the club. It's absolute madness.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
People need to get over it. We have to improve in so many areas of the pitch.

Kearnkoff69

Can't be bothered really. It's Mourinho's job on the line. More of the same and he needs to feck off.
Pretty much this. If he's going all in on "his" players, then he should be held accountable for how we perform. Considering his insistence on obtaining or retaining the services of certain players who he feels suit his style/he needs, there can no longer be any complaints about having a bad squad or not having enough funds next year if the performances are not up to snuff.

Sanche7

People need to get over it. We have to improve in so many areas of the pitch.
This, we can't have it all.
I would rather Fellaini stayed than us buying another CM for 50-60 million and thus skip buying a RW / LB
I'm pretty happy with Matic Fred Pogba midfield. If we can get Sandro + Toby + RW, I will be very happy even if it meant Fellaini staying

Status
Not open for further replies.