Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

I was a bit nervous at times that we would end up caving in but fair fecks to us for not doing so.

It's worth remembering that two weeks ago Manchester United had a 'derisory' bid of £28m rejected from Everton for both Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines. That bid was £28m - today they've paid £27.5m just for Fellaini - 1-0 to Everton...
Think its more like 10-0 to Everton

TheReligion

Abusive
What a load of bollocks. Walcott's just Aaron Lennon at a different North London club, Cazorla certainly isn't better than Rooney and probably not Kagawa, Ramsey's not been the same since his injury, and Wilshere blows hot and cold, as well as constantly being out injured.

Why has everyone on here gone mental today? James McCarthy is suddenly the answer to all of our midfield problems, we're moaning about possibly getting Coentrao on loan because "that's what Wigan do", and Arsenal buying a player for a position they didn't need to strengthen has suddenly propelled them from being in a battle for 4th to being a team ready to challenge for the top.

Agreed mate.

It seems people would suddenly swap our options for Arsenals now they have Ozil FFS.

Coentrao on loan, if it goes through, is good business rather than paying a fortune on him without knowing his PL capabilities. This is best of both now as the deal will have an option to buy. We have had Larsson on loan before too.

walsh

I was a bit nervous at times that we would end up caving in but fair fecks to us for not doing so.

It's worth remembering that two weeks ago Manchester United had a 'derisory' bid of £28m rejected from Everton for both Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines. That bid was £28m - today they've paid £27.5m just for Fellaini - 1-0 to Everton...
Yeah but we managed to give you Darron Gibson.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I was half joking but feck you're right
Better than fecking around passing it between the defense for 2 minutes only for Carrick to pass it to the opposition on the halfway line and then give away a corner when they counter.

Danillaco

Remembering what I`ve just said in the beginning of the day, when things were shaping up to be bad, but not like this... feck. THIS. SHIT.

Good night to you all. We`ll still be champions of England this season again.

Ekeke

So, putting all the nonsense about our own business to the side for a moment...

Arsenal were the only club even rumoured to be looking at Fellaini other than us. And nobody gave a slight hint of being willing to pay the release clause.

He's a good player and at least he did his part asking for a transfer, but wow.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
so we finally signed a player for the first team. Sure he looks like a carrot, but decent signing overall. Not the world beater that we all wanted, but an improvement to the squad at the very least.

Rather daft if we have paid more than the release clause was though. Should have just stumped the cash up then and focused on a different deal instead of juggling them all and paying to much.

December_16

About the paying over the release clause thing: maybe it's not the full picture. Maybe by pushing it down to the wire, we might have save a lot on future wages/agent fees etc. if Fellaini was being extremely desperate. Far-fetched, but all within the realm of the possible.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I honestly hope to be laughed at for ages if Fellaini he performs better than I think he can. I'm underwhelmed by this signing and for so much money when I consider what happened with other transfer dealings. Anyway, hope to be proved wrong by him.

Kinky Melinky

Can't wait to see you all wearing afro wigs at the unveiling.

:)

I could do with an Afro wig. A lot of hot air in this thread in fairness. Lets have a look closer to Christmas and see how we're faring - and that goes for all clubs expected to be in the top 6

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
I think Fellaini will be a success. It's good to have someone who can out himself about a bit and if Rooney continues as he started, the defence holds strong and RVP & Carrick play as they did last year, United will be there or thereabouts for the last five games.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
I honestly hope to be laughed at for ages if Fellaini he performs better than I think he can. I'm underwhelmed by this signing and for so much money when I consider what happened with other transfer dealings. Anyway, hope to be proved wrong by him.
It is a shame the lads big career move came at a time when United hit an all time low in transfer acumen.

I suppose in a way he will feel he has something to prove, I am sure he will be great.

Kinky Melinky

If we're 8th at Christmas and losing or drawing lots of games we should be winning then fine; moan warranted but lets give the team a chance ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.