Gaming Fifa 11

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The CPU can predict all your tackles, and starts dodging them before your player has even started the action. I just checked this on a replay.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Any tips on how to get out of a rut where I'm just playing a game then struggling my arse off to pay to heal players (at least one injury every game BTW?), renew their contracts or sort their fitness out?
I don't have a big enough/decent enough squad to keep rotating and don't have enough coins to buy more because of the other bloody cards I need to buy.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Been modding the PC version, sadly Xfire's jpegs make them look shite

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Also, been working on my version of the 1999 champions league kit

LARulz

Manual is a lot better. The game on assisted just becomes boring and repetitive, on manual you actually need to do a lot more and therefore get a bit more involved in a game than you otherwise would. When you score it is very satisfying, especially a good goal because its effectively your own work

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
I love manual shooting - don't understand why anybody plays without it. You can score some sensational goals that you wouldn't have a chance of scoring if you played semi/assisted. Granted, you might miss a few more 1 on 1s than normal, but it's so much more fun.

Luminous Lizard

I think i am cheating some how. I was drawing 1-1 and around the 70th minute i got a black screen for a minute, i came back and there players kept doing kick ups, standing still or just launching the ball to me. I won 2-1 because i scored before i knew what was going on. I clicked on his profile and it said he was winning 3-1 against me but my leaderboard said i was still on my win streak. It's done it a few times now and people are sending me messages about cheating. Stupid game.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
I love manual online. I'm 10th in the UK leaderboards and like 190th overall.

The only thing that frustrates me, is that even the top manual players can resort to cheap tactics when they're losing and searching for a goal, such as pressure abusing, hacking you down on the counter, etc. Most players are generally better to play against than assisted players and when you play a lot you start to see familiar names which creates a sense of a community.

It's the most realistic form of playing the game atm. The obvious downside is the lack of player personality, i.e you can pick the same pass with Liam Miller than you could with Xavi.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
J Lloyd Samuel just did a 360 skill past me, then shimmied the ball round another, then played a stunning through ball to Elmander.

LARulz

The only thing that frustrates me, is that even the top manual players can resort to cheap tactics when they're losing and searching for a goal, such as pressure abusing, hacking you down on the counter, etc. Most players are generally better to play against than assisted players and when you play a lot you start to see familiar names which creates a sense of a community.

It's the most realistic form of playing the game atm. The obvious downside is the lack of player personality, i.e you can pick the same pass with Liam Miller than you could with Xavi.
You on PS3?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Kevin Davies just did one too, I don't think he even does them in his back garden, let alone on the pitch.

LARulz

Unfortunately not free for one now as I've got to go out for bit in about 10 mins. Tomorrow I should be free though or maybe even later tonight

Luminous Lizard

de Gea has just won me a shoot out on head to head despite me missing my first 2 penalty's, crazy game 5-5 but i won with some goalkeeping heroics.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Pressure abusing?

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Pressure abusing?
It's very easy in the game to hold down X or A on the 360 to tackle your opponent. Players never get tired or have fatigue so it's exploited throughout the whole game with constant pressure whenever you're on the ball. It should be easier to counter but it's far too effective on the game and easy to do.

Makes it worse on manual, as it takes longer to power up passes so the defenders are on to you quicker making the game a bit shit.

MTF

http://virgingaming.com/go/displayPlayerHome.do

Is anyone going to give this a go? I like the idea of making money from the game but not entirely sure I can trust most players, especially with money involved.
Sorry for not seeing this earlier, but I've been playing in Virgin for 3-4 weeks now I guess.

Its okay... I first put in 20 dollars, actually rose to 40, beating players who were better than me along the way, but have now dipped back into the 20s.

Here's the thing, whilst I've only come across one player who I felt was cheating (I played Man Utd x Man Utd, his Rio beat my Wazza to a through ball when Wazza had a head start and full stamina, and at 70 mins his midfielders had barely lost any stamina), most players play the most pragmatic game possible. That means either Chelsea or Madrid usually, and a 5-2-1-2 formation. It makes attacking very complicated, sometimes I'll have 60% possession but only 5 shots on goal in a match.

Also, when they're attacking they'll exploit every FIFA glitch there is. Its lofted through balls all the time, followed by crosses to the far post. I've lost count of how many times I've dominated, and yet lost to a classic FIFA 11 goal or two.

I know you play really well Wayne_Rooney, you could probably actually make some change playing at Virgin Gaming, but be ready to play some ugly FIFA. Its not the purist, all-manual FIFA I know you like.

If you do decide to give it a go, let me know.

Cheers.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Good games then lads.

I do have 1 point to make though..... The defenders are fecking oafs!!!

Luminous Lizard

If we had a few defenders it would be class. Got better as some players left though because there was more room and people stuck to positions.

Carl

If we had a few defenders it would be class. Got better as some players left though because there was more room and people stuck to positions.
If I go as ANY next time I reckon I'll convert my Pro to a centre half so there'll be at least 1 semi-competent player in the back 4. I daren't pass it out from the keeper to the defenders as they are because it takes them a solid 5 seconds to just control it and turn.

It's so wierd playing as ANY. I actually feel under pressure!! :lol:

I could do with digging me mic out too....

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Craic AFC on ps3 clubs lads, its basically redcafe and one other guy

Carl

I'm available all day today if anyone fancies any games of Clubs or otherwise.