Gaming Fifa 12

Inspectah deck

I've never heard of that problem before. Are you sure you're not accidentally pressing the D-Pad (that's what activates the tactics menu) when you get a bit excited trying to score or defend?
That was my immediate thought. I'm sure it's happened us all.
Happens to me all the time if I'm playing FIFA with friends on a PS3 because I don't like the position of the analogue stick.
Cheers guys, I have found out what I was doing wrong. I tend to not only move the analog stick but I Press it down as well, especially when I'm about to score or defend (from the excitement like you said :lol:). When you click L3 down while moving it's a shortcut for custom tactics.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Hmmm, strange one. I've notice some weird lag (offline) since the update a few weeks back.

Just like you explained, when attacking, my player would do a random double fake shot, or just blast the ball into the stands before I even press anything ..thats it though, nothing to do with the tactics menu or defending.

JB7

Was just messing around in the arena, as you do, when for no apparent reason, De Gea just went walkabouts:

Baxter

UT have up a tournament where you get a IF Honda for winning. I won it, and got the Honda. He's only selling for 20k odd.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
It takes a few hundred thousand subscribers before the money gets decent, I believe. No one knows exactly how much the top YouTubers make because they're not allowed to say as part of their contract, but I'm sure they're well off.
I imagine FPSRussia dude is either A. Being subsidised by the US Military and gun manufacturers, or B. making an absolute shit load of money off his videos, or both.

EvilChuck

H2H seasons, why do I always seem to feck up the second half of the season? I'm in division 2, 13 points from the first 5 games, 4 from the last 5 including a game I was 3-1 and 4-2 up in, that I ended up losing 5-4 to goals in the 88th and 90th minute. I could have cried

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Been trying to get into Ultimate Team. Been building up my squad and currently have a decent 5 star one at about 80 chemistry. Something like 17000 coins and some microsoft points to help me really get going as well. I want to get my team to a good level where I can compete online, as at the moment I'm always overrun by people with brilliant teams and full chemistry.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
The creation centre website has to be the least enjoyable thing to use ever
It's horrible to use isn't it? I was creating a team on it and it took me longer than it should have because of the website. It's so slow at times and can be so laggy as well. Sometimes things just wouldn't save either for no logical reason whatsoever. As well as that, once I was finished a couple of names, neither of which were offensive, were edited to say J. Smith. Annoyed, I enquired to EA as to why, but then still got no reply at all. It's a nightmare and I really hope they improve it for FIFA 13. They have to surely.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is there a way to move the promoted clubs into the Premiership for Kick Off mode?

OB

Finally promoted to division 3 now. England are foolproof to me. I feel so comfortable with them. Hardly lost maybe 2-3 matches with them. :D

Levo

Band of Brothers
Just played Turkey in expedition mode on the Euro 2012 DLC. Absolutely battered them in possession and shots but the keeper saved just about everything, they score twice through the ball ghosting through the keeper and a 35 yard screamer.

Realistic.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
May be a longshot, but anyone have a 48 hour xbox live code? :) Get them free in some games boxes. Live ran out the other day, wont be able to updat for a week or two.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Urgh! Just played someone on the Euro 2012 online thingy with the worst connection, every couple of seconds it would lag meaning the game was crap as you couldn't string anything together.

And to top it off in the 82 minute the ball glitches through Hart for him to get a tap in, as fecking if!

Stupid fecking game.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Started my first career mode season since Fifa 10 the other day because my xbox live ran out. Went with United (obviously), but holy feck is it frustrating! Now I remember why I stayed away from playing against the computer for the past two years! You have Darren Gibson of all people dribbling the ball around Vidic's seemingly perfectly timed slide tackle. Then you have Stoke playing the ball around Barca style, back heels, flicks, the lot. Its so annoying when you think, 'yep, I've timed this tackle on King perfectly', who is running at full speed, only for him to stop centimeters before your player, and do a drag back tricky thing, and continue on his run up the field! The computer are always avoiding my tackles when it would nearly be impossible to in real life, but not only that, you have terrible teams knocking the ball about like nobody's business!

Claymore

Might have to finally start playing UT on this one as its getting too annoying now having to selected my team at the begging of every online league match, which with Man United seems to be worse as you have to change half the team. Trouble is last time I checked I have about 500 coins and lots of contracts need renewing, could be hitting a dead end soon.

Can't wait for FIFA 13, De Gea is so awful on this and it costs you big time with silly goals. He flaps like Ben Foster used to for us!! Also nearly everyone seems to pick Real Madrid and counter.

EvilChuck

Havent played online for about a month, and its like I've forgotten how to play the game completely :lol:. I've pretty much given up on trying, I cant be bothered to relearn it all again

EvilChuck

I see what you did there!

But I'm admitting that I'm shit at the game

Edit: @ Burrow, its because I posted it when he was blaming a dodgy connection for his loss, so in retalliation he's posted it when I blame my losses on my lack of match practice :lol:

Levo

Band of Brothers
:lol: Whooosh Burrow!

@Evil: I saw the opportunity and took it :p I'm hardly a world beater myself.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Levo956

Give me an add, won't be on tonight but probably will be at some point tomorrow or in the next couple of days.

Levo

Band of Brothers
People seem to quit on this earlier and earlier in games, it's annoying.

Been playing the online Euro 2012 with England and my last 2 games the opposition (both spain) had quit by 15 minutes in. Cnuts.

Levo

Band of Brothers
After beating Spain numerous times and Italy, I lost the final to the dutch.

Embarrassing.

Sw33t

This game is such fecking bullshit online.

Three games in a row now I've completely dominated the opposition, had near 30 shots, 20-25 on target, 65% pos etc.... but their keeper ends up on a ten rating and they get a jammy as feck goal from a pacey winger/striker.

No way did I deserve to lose the last three. FFFFFFFUUUUUU.

People who bum Anzhi as well are cnuts. Utter cnuts.

alastair

ignorant
It's scripting - I hope they get it out of the game for next year.

For example, career mode offline. Up to today, I had 7 league wins and 1 draw on legendary(the one draw was Chelsea(a) 3-3 when the ref played about 20 minutes of added time despite the ball going out about 4 times in that time.)

I then played Celtic in the CL, just as I have on two previous occasions. In the previous 8 games of my league season, I'd conceded 5 goals. I proceeded to lose to Celtic 9-1, with my defence going completely insane every time they had the ball. They scored with every shot, and scored 4 times from corners that they got from my players randomly misplacing passes off the pitch and running into each other. I knew what to expect though - Scottish teams are unplayable away from home - my two previous games with different teams had ended 8-3 and 7-1.

I turned to the online modes, and proceeded to win about 8 games in a row, and then I needed a solitary point to gain promotion. I then was struck down by the scripting, and I lost 8-2 to some randomer who actually sent me a message saying that he was sorry that the game was so fixed, unbelievably.

I'm not one of these types to moan about things, but this is literally the most ridiculous game I've ever played. I find myself playing it just so I can prove it's fixed. In certain games, keeping a clean sheet is physically impossible. I played the same individual match in career mode six times(Roma v Cagliari, surely a simple enough home win) and was 3-0 down at home after 10 minutes on each occasion. I often concede a goal in the exact same minute of the game if I quit and start again. The other week Torres scored in the 11th minute in 4 consecutive games.

FIFA came up with this plan of making it harder to win offline, which was fine, because it was basically far too easy to slaughter United about 8-0 on legendary. The problem is now, however, that they haven't made it harder to win in terms of actual gameplay, but they just script it so you lose certain games or concede goals at particular times. If you're a player that actually just wants to play the game honestly, you're stuffed. It's just hilariously unrealistic. Jay Spearing scored a hat-trick against me the other day because I had the nerve to man-mark Suarez. Needless to say, the computer let me score in the second half so I won 4-3. Rubbish.

I put it down to world class, just to see what would happen, and I established that it was just the legendary of FIFA 11. Far too easy. 4-0 every game.

What's most ridiculous is how they deny the scripting on any of their official forums. Type in 'fifa scripting' to google and there's millions of people saying the exact same thing as I am, with some EA representatives saying that it's just their poor play. Bollocks.

Sw33t

Nah I'm completely with you.

I also find online on head-to-head seasons that the first 5 games of the current season, I always get fecked over, jammy losses, goalkeepers having 10.0 ratings every game for the opposition, defenders having an absolutely fecking brain fart... then I procede to win 4-5 of the last 5 games which then allows me to just stay in the current division.

No way would it work out like that season after season by coincidence.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not great at FIFA by any means, but I'm not completely retarded and shit. I know when the games just fecking with me. Especially with this shit like the last three games I played tonight - which was just fecking unbelievable. Should have won 6-0 but get done over by a pacey wanker who scored from a crap parry from my goalkeeper. Which always lands at the oppositions feet.

Meh.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Most people on the EA forums believe the scripting is in online game modes too, which is silly. I rarely play offline, it's shit from what I remember, but I still think that 'scripted' moments are down to flaws in the game, such as the impact engine and poor AI execution.

You've also got to remember that assisted controls are scripted. The AI aims your shots, crosses, through balls and lobbed balls, you just merely guide the direction. Complaining about scripting whilst having the controls controlled for you is a bit weird.

alastair

ignorant
Nah I'm completely with you.

I also find online on head-to-head seasons that the first 5 games of the current season, I always get fecked over, jammy losses, goalkeepers having 10.0 ratings every game for the opposition, defenders having an absolutely fecking brain fart... then I procede to win 4-5 of the last 5 games which then allows me to just stay in the current division.

No way would it work out like that season after season by coincidence.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not great at FIFA by any means, but I'm not completely retarded and shit. I know when the games just fecking with me. Especially with this shit like the last three games I played tonight - which was just fecking unbelievable. Should have won 6-0 but get done over by a pacey wanker who scored from a crap parry from my goalkeeper. Which always lands at the oppositions feet.

Meh.
Yeh, I by no means have a problem when I'm beaten by one of the many people who spends more time on it than I do. Sometimes the bloke you're playing is just epic and pulls off skill moves and stuff.

I don't know how they've done it, or why. It's absolutely mental. Everyone's just got incredibly pissed off by it, and they're losing customers as a result.