Gaming Fifa 13

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Information and screen shots released:

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/fifa-13-first-screenshots-and-details/

Soccer fans, get ready as we have some brand new information about the new version of your beloved Fifa series. David Rutter, the main producer of Fifa 13, told to everyone that was present at a recent London showcase that FIFA 13 will have 5 major improvements. These 5 improvements are First Touch Control, Player Impact, Complete Dribble, Tactical Free-Kicks and Attacking AI.

One of the first things to do at FIFA 13 was to implement a more realistic ball control. Now it will be more difficult to control a receiving ball with your player. It all depends on the strength, the speed, the ball height and the technical skills of your player to achieve the control of the ball and run with it.

Another feature that got improved is the player impact engine. According to David Rutter, there will be no more unrealistic animations in the players challenges and we can hopefully kiss goodbye to all those awful physics bugs that flooded YouTube. The engine has been optimized and new a set of impact values have been added at the hip and the upper body area.

In FIFA 12 you could dribble just by changing direction. In FIFA 13 this won’t be possible anymore. Moreover, the free-kicks got a new system. Up to three players can now gather around the ball. Players can feint a direct shot and adjust it to a player who comes off the wall. Also, the defense set pieces have been improved.

Last but not least, the offensive Artificial Intelligence got a huge improvement. The CPU-controlled players got better running routes and better guessing options of where you pass the ball. Also the strikers are smarter and move with the offside line of your defenders, waiting to receive the ball and run with it towards your goal post.

Can't tell much from the screen shots tbf. They always look the same every year.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I like the idea of ball control change, always thought it was nonsense that Gibson controlled the ball just as well as Iniesta. I don't particularly like the idea of a new dribbling system as this one is completely fine and I don't think I could bother using second stick but if they do it properly it'll be all fine.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
How is changing the way you take freekicks slightly a "major improvement"?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It sounds like these 'improvements' will go further to make 'poorer players' play as if they were pub footballers.

Biscuit1871

Why do they even bother with the screen shots at this stage. It looks identical to FIFA 12.

Ekeke

Not identical, same as 12 wasnt identical to 11. However its something like a 20% difference, at this point I think we'd all prefer it was a major graphics update.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
It's all here within 6 posts, "I'm excited" "it looks no different" "insert noodle not liking FIFA/EA" "it DOES look different"

The new FIFA thread has arrived folks, in double quick time.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Hopefully they'll make it so every single player can't do all sots of tricks. It's ridoculous when the likes of Vidic are doing the Cryuff turn etc.

gormless

Hopefully they'll make it so every single player can't do all sots of tricks. It's ridoculous when the likes of Vidic are doing the Cryuff turn etc.
I'm fairly sure players like Vidic can do Cruyff turns. Its piss easy. The only reason they don't do them is where they are on the pitch when they have the ball

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Agreed.

By that same token, they should also devise a way that any player who has a dribbling skill of below 70, doesn't move with the ball as if they'd never played football before.

On a seperate note, it'd be great if they could sort out the refereeing in this game... the advantage rule is all over the place.

kps88

How hopeful you all are. They'll make a few changes nobody asked for, one major change which will be buggy and take another year to perfect, won't bother fixing online, and we'll all end up buying it anyway.

OB

They should also make some improvements on when the HT and FT whistles are blown, also the offside rule many times is all over the place.

Biscuit1871

As long as they make it so kits are chosen whilst being able to see the oppositions choice online, I'll be happy.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I like them improving the first touch element, I dislike the AI becoming more telepathic and probably being able to avoid your tackles for fun.

Things they need to improve:

EA servers - their servers are shit, I hope they can fix them but I doubt it.

Career Mode - the storylines in career mode were a good addition but it has to be sensible. Players demanding to be transferred on deadline day and then the board selling them without your control is silly. Sunderland signing Kaka, Higuain & Pastore is stupid. In my game Young signed a 6 year contract and then a few weeks later demanded a transfer. They need to sort out the bugs in career mode and also prevent me playing 4 games in the space of a week.

PS3 pro clubs - seems to be more of an issue with the PS3 but on occassion we get stuck in the arena when playing pro clubs. Rather than having to sign out of the PSN & sign back in, they should have a timer of 1 min - if the time expires the entire team is brought back into the game screen and can search for new opponents without having to sign out.

Commentary: not really an improvement as the commentary is already fantastic but I hope they don't recycle the same stuff from last year's game. Also, they need to have the Neville orgasm.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Remove. Manual. Goalkeepers.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Doesn't sound like much is changing. I hope that's not all. Dribbling is fine how it is.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
When will there be a mass boycott of the next FIFA game? I mean, how bad would it really be if we all just stuck to FIFA 12...?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
When will there be a mass boycott of the next FIFA game? I mean, how bad would it really be if we all just stuck to FIFA 12...?
I'd jump on this. Anything to try and get EA to change their set of mind somewhat. A mass boycott of FIFA 13 after the awful reviews Mass Effect 3 got might make them think about the customers a little more. I mean releasing Euro 12 and not including the qualifiers? What the feck is that? Such an annoying company. Too bad they are the only ones that make a decent football game.

gormless

I'd jump on this. Anything to try and get EA to change their set of mind somewhat. A mass boycott of FIFA 13 after the awful reviews Mass Effect 3 got might make them think about the customers a little more. I mean releasing Euro 12 and not including the qualifiers? What the feck is that? Such an annoying company. Too bad they are the only ones that make a decent football game.
They'd probably shut down the FIFA 12 servers

Levo

Band of Brothers
I found that odd. I enjoy taking on people all the time by merely changing direction, nothing wrong with it.

I hope to God they get rid of the damned contain button.
:angel:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I hate how they name the changes they make. It's like they say 'right let's make 5 changes to make this into a new game'. Just fecking do it you idiots. And do it properly this time, because this big change is actually just a working version of last time.
And then make sure the commentator unsubtly points out the big change every single time it occurs too 'cause otherwise I won't notice.

I tell you what one change should be: 'We've actually put some of our small intelligence into the career mode and it's not a total feckup - Intellicareer'.

Can't wait for this.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They should also make some improvements on when the HT and FT whistles are blown, also the offside rule many times is all over the place.
I quite like the offside thing. What do you mean by the other thing?

I know it doesn't matter to everyone but I'd quite like some changes to the atmosphere, the crowd and commentators stepping it up a level for big games, and close run matches towards the end. I'd like the way players act to change at times like this as well. Like harder challenges for derbys, FA Cup minnows parking the bus most of the time etc.

Unfortunately if they did this they'd have to give it a name, so it'd feel tacked on, fake, and be overdone/badly done and therefore annoying.

OB

I quite like the offside thing. What do you mean by the other thing?

I know it doesn't matter to everyone but I'd quite like some changes to the atmosphere, the crowd and commentators stepping it up a level for big games, and close run matches towards the end. I'd like the way players act to change at times like this as well. Like harder challenges for derbys, FA Cup minnows parking the bus most of the time etc.

Unfortunately if they did this they'd have to give it a name, so it'd feel tacked on, fake, and be overdone/badly done and therefore annoying.
Like many times i get the ball, i start to counter with only one defender, and the whistle is blown for HT or FT. There's one vid where one guy shot from the halfway line into an empty net, and the whistle was blown before the ball reached the net.

Also the offside rule, many times i get offside just because one guy is off, and even though im passing to an onside player, its called offside.
And then once i was almost 1v1 vs keeper, and i decided to chip the ball, but then there was one guy offside ahead, so for some reason, the play was called offside even though the ball was going in the net.

Also i have seen so many times i don't get penalties for GK fouls. Whenever im 1v1 vs the keeper, the keeper charges out and makes a save, many times he just trips me, and no pen. Plus at times he comes out of the box and fouls me, still no card nothing. More pens should be given for 1v1 fouls by GK's.

Makki

QUITTER
freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
The thing where the goalkeeper never gets a red card is a bit unrealistic. Almost all fouls committed by the goalkeeper in this game are red card worthy fouls, like when he gets outside of the box and slide tackles you as you go past him. I've never seen one given.

Donut

Can someone please explain to me what is meant here ?

They're making dribbling harder :eek: ?
Yeah, this sounds idiotic. You'll have to use a trick every time you want to get pass someone :confused:

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Reading on the EA forums that Rutter or EA haven't announced anything yet, meaning that article might not be 100% true...