Gaming FIFA 17

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
If you are on the Xbox One, can you play online against someone on a Windows PC? I'm considering getting back in the console game.. and I have to decide between the Xbox and PS4. Pros/cons? Most of my gaming will be FIFA..
Xbox for Fifa but if all your friends are on PS4 then grab a PS4

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Watching your team pathetically try to get the ball back in The Journey is so f*cking frustrating. They all just stand off and nobody makes a tackle and even when they get it your team-mates just run into opposition players and you're pretty much left up front alone. Then you get bored and run to try and win it back and every single c*nting tackle just goes out for a throw and lets the AI pointlessly keep possession for another 5 minutes. It's horrifically bad.

Jacob

I find the idea of playing anything that is run by AI a waste of time. It is beyond me why people play it when there are so many game modes online.

On another note, I'll finally get my PS4 and FIFA17 today!

space

What formations are people finding success with on seasons for Utd? Feel like I want Memphis, Rashford and Martial to start for their pace, but then Mkhi, Mata and Rooney have decent ratings.

JB7

Am I the only one who has found the AI to be much improved in this years FIFA then?

Admittedly, not talking about the journey as I've found that mode infuriating when playing as just Hunter. But in Career Mode I've found the AI a lot better than last year, I've noticed variations in style of opposition play, some teams you face are happy to defend and keep the ball for a point, others will batter you. I've had heavier defeats on legendary this year than I did on last years game as some teams will just keep attacking instead of being happy with a 1-0 lead, likewise this has also led to me getting back into games from 2-0 down that wouldn't have been possible last year.

Some players like to physically bully you and their teams generally seem to play to those players strengths, but obviously you still get a lot of teams that just pass it round you for fun. I've generally found possession to be pretty even, rarely going above 45/55 or 55/45 unless I've either completely dominated or been dominated by a better team. Pass completion has been similar, I've faced Real Madrid/Barcelona who will get over 90% pass completion, but poorer sides can get as low as 60-70% if I play well, or if it's just a scrappy game and my passing is poor too.

I'm not saying it's in any way - or even close to - perfect as it's still got a lot of improving to do but I've certainly found the AI to be a lot more realistic this year in Career Mode.

redspoony

Every year I get FIFA but I never play FUT. Am I missing out? I mainly play seasons and get a lot out of that, but FUT just seems like something that will draw me in and while being enjoyable, will violate my wallet!

Shark

@NotShark
Every year I get FIFA but I never play FUT. Am I missing out? I mainly play seasons and get a lot out of that, but FUT just seems like something that will draw me in and while being enjoyable, will violate my wallet!
You'd be right in saying that. Unless you literally have money to throw away, stay clear.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What formations are people finding success with on seasons for Utd? Feel like I want Memphis, Rashford and Martial to start for their pace, but then Mkhi, Mata and Rooney have decent ratings.
I like the 4-2-3-1 narrow, Martial and Mkhiaryan as inside wingers, Mata number 10 and Rooney partnering Pogba in midfield. Rooney's stats even at 82 make him better in a CM role than Herrera and Schneiderlin for me.

If I'm chasing a win/need fresh legs I sub in Rashford & Herrera.

Skåre Willoch

Yes, yes and yes.

I love it, it is very fun, and It's cool spending hours and months perfecting your team, saving up for certain players etc.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Am I the only one who has found the AI to be much improved in this years FIFA then?

Admittedly, not talking about the journey as I've found that mode infuriating when playing as just Hunter. But in Career Mode I've found the AI a lot better than last year, I've noticed variations in style of opposition play, some teams you face are happy to defend and keep the ball for a point, others will batter you. I've had heavier defeats on legendary this year than I did on last years game as some teams will just keep attacking instead of being happy with a 1-0 lead, likewise this has also led to me getting back into games from 2-0 down that wouldn't have been possible last year.

Some players like to physically bully you and their teams generally seem to play to those players strengths, but obviously you still get a lot of teams that just pass it round you for fun. I've generally found possession to be pretty even, rarely going above 45/55 or 55/45 unless I've either completely dominated or been dominated by a better team. Pass completion has been similar, I've faced Real Madrid/Barcelona who will get over 90% pass completion, but poorer sides can get as low as 60-70% if I play well, or if it's just a scrappy game and my passing is poor too.

I'm not saying it's in any way - or even close to - perfect as it's still got a lot of improving to do but I've certainly found the AI to be a lot more realistic this year in Career Mode.
Same here. I hated the shitty AI last year, but I'm having a lot more fun this year. It honestly seems close to perfect to me, at least.

Coxy

I find the idea of playing anything that is run by AI a waste of time. It is beyond me why people play it when there are so many game modes online.

It's beyond you? There's a massive career mode on there where you can watch your players grow etc. Is it really beyond you why people might want to play that mode?

And what about the people who don't pay for online so have no choice but to play against AI?

decorativeed

I fail to understand why there's never any promotional price for the PC download. Why should downloading something direct from the makers be more expensive than wandering into a shop (who sell the console games at a 25% mark-up) and picking up something that has had to be manufactured, shipped and distributed, with a percentage of the shelf price taken by each of these services? They should be encouraging downloads, yet they are £10 more expensive than every physical console copy!

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I fail to understand why there's never any promotional price for the PC download. Why should downloading something direct from the makers be more expensive than wandering into a shop (who sell the console games at a 25% mark-up) and picking up something that has had to be manufactured, shipped and distributed, with a percentage of the shelf price taken by each of these services? They should be encouraging downloads, yet they are £10 more expensive than every physical console copy!
It's the same on the console though. If I download from the xbox marketplace it's dearer than going getting it from the shop.

JB08

I saw a lot of people complaining about the abundance of injuries in Ultimate team. In the 29th minute of my first game:

The result?
What a joke. Seems really excessive to me as well. Is there any real reason for injuries being in Ultimate Team? I can obviously understand Career Mode but this just seems stupid. It would cost me a feckload to fix him up as well.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's Kevin Prince Boateng, you can get by without him.

Jacob

It's beyond you? There's a massive career mode on there where you can watch your players grow etc. Is it really beyond you why people might want to play that mode?

And what about the people who don't pay for online so have no choice but to play against AI?
It's a know fact that EA don't put much effort into evolving the AI as much as they should. The whole experience of playing against a computer feels hollow to me, scoring against an actual person is much more rewarding.

DeOddi

Love that De Gea and Pogba didn´t make it into the starting eleven for United in my "The Journey" game. Romero as a starter and at times Johnstone even made the bench ahead of De Gea. :lol:

SirAF

Ageist

Completely agree, I could never play a sports game against AI. Where's the fun in that?

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Started a career mode with United and was about ten games in when I realised Zlatan Ibrahimović was no longer in my team. I barely check the emails and let assistant sort injuries, so assumed LT injury. Then I realised nope he's actually just gone and is no longer in the squad at all. I didn't sell him (disabled first summer transfers) so no idea what happened. It's kind of ruined it for me. Happen to anyone else? Any explanations? Impromptu retirement?

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Absolutely love this FIFA, smashing seasons so far with United. The entire team is just great, every single player. I play 4222 with DDG, Valencia, Smalling, Bailly, Shaw, Fellaini, Pogba, Martial, Mkhitaryan, Rashford and Zlatan, that physique is just amazing with Pogba and Rashford most overpowered.

MTF

I hear people complain about the lack of variety, team to team in the AI. And online delivers exactly that. Sure there are a lot of "shared behaviors" you find across several opponents, but in general no 2 are the same. That and there's none of the manical possession keeping the AI does.

FUT came out I don't know when, and I was also in the "its just a shiny thing, Seasons is where its at" camp. But finally midway through 16 I bit the bullet, and actually was a lot of fun! The customization aspect is an underrated part of it I felt. My club and squads I gave funny names (funny for me at least), my team played in 2nd and 3rd kits from clubs from all corners of the world, in the stadiums I like... and I'd switch it all up whenever I felt like.

Building your squad has the same aspect, and I got to fill my squad with players I like from the real world and that fit my own personal playstyle. I didn't spend a single penny, although I'm a fairly competent player. You just have to be willing to accept a shit squad to start out, and a bit of "grinding" to earn those coins. But within 3-4 months my squad had players like Toure, Fabregas, Baines, Hazard, Rooney, Walcott... no Messi or anything like that (you'll get that level of player in the draft sub-mode though).

Overall it was good fun, and I was glad I got into it. The variety of opposition is a plus too, no more infinite matchups vs. Real Madrid. Your opponents also have their favorite players they bring to the table.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
So whats the tactic to use then?
Had a few days off from it, came back today and just want to sell the game (digital copy so I can't :lol: )

But seriously, played 4 matches, 3 had Musa up front and every match followed the same pattern.
High pressure to the point that unless you keep hold of spring, you'll lose the ball, just cause...
Every man behind the ball when you try and move it forward
Every man on their team 100m sprint forward when they win the ball back
One big through ball to Musa.... Clean through.

As for my team, one man up front, whenever I get it wide, he seems to thing its a good idea to come close to me, for whatever reason, but hey, I don't wanna cross into the box.
Just feels like this game is all about playing it through the middle with a through ball to the fastest possible player you can get your hands on.
And in defence, keep hold of A, B, RB, and whatever other button you can to have the whole team maraud at the player in possession

Other than that, it's great fun.....

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
I must admit I'm a little disappointed by the 'new' engine.

I was expecting a whole new look and fell to the game.

But many aspects of the game seem pretty familiar, including some of the poorer aspects.

Makes me doubt if it's a new engine at all. More a lick of paint put on the old engine, which is what they've doing for years.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Started a career mode with United and was about ten games in when I realised Zlatan Ibrahimović was no longer in my team. I barely check the emails and let assistant sort injuries, so assumed LT injury. Then I realised nope he's actually just gone and is no longer in the squad at all. I didn't sell him (disabled first summer transfers) so no idea what happened. It's kind of ruined it for me. Happen to anyone else? Any explanations? Impromptu retirement?
Just start again? Probably a quick retirement yeah, he's like 34/35 isn't he?

vanthaman

Winner
The journey is way too scripted on and off the pitch. I've been getting all A's in training yet can't get in starting eleven, and just had a match where every pass and shot was suddenly shit, even though in the games before I've been getting 9/10 rating

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
So whats the tactic to use then?
Had a few days off from it, came back today and just want to sell the game (digital copy so I can't :lol: )

But seriously, played 4 matches, 3 had Musa up front and every match followed the same pattern.
High pressure to the point that unless you keep hold of spring, you'll lose the ball, just cause...
Every man behind the ball when you try and move it forward
Every man on their team 100m sprint forward when they win the ball back
One big through ball to Musa.... Clean through.

As for my team, one man up front, whenever I get it wide, he seems to thing its a good idea to come close to me, for whatever reason, but hey, I don't wanna cross into the box.
Just feels like this game is all about playing it through the middle with a through ball to the fastest possible player you can get your hands on.
And in defence, keep hold of A, B, RB, and whatever other button you can to have the whole team maraud at the player in possession

Other than that, it's great fun.....
You need to go into the settings menu and change the slider settings mate.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...ders/891618-fifa-17-os-community-sliders.html

Just decreasing the oppositions passing accuracy, marking ability and increasing the first touch error can make a big difference.

Last edited:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I've been using 4-3-3:

De Gea
Valencia Bailly Smalling Shaw
Micky Herrera Pogba
Martial Ibra Rashford
Doing really well with this set up. Herrera just presses all over the midfield. Micky and Pog create. Rashford and Martial unbelievably quick and Ibra is just... Ibra.

Seriously though... This sponsorship deal has got us some generous stats.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The injuries in Ultimate Team are absurd. Bought Mata and he got injured three games in a row.

A very grubby way of gouging players of their coins.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I am enjoying online seasons.

How does UT compare to those who have played both?

I like the concept of UT, but having played it in previous versions I feel the gameplay is completely different to normal online seasons (in a bad way). Every team plays like an even more extreme version of Klopp's Dortmund. I don't mind the odd game of high pressure but it was ridiculous and very unenjoyable.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!

It does, I spent £500 on packs throughout FIFA 16. Luckily I can afford it but I wish I didn't spend that. I won't again that's for sure.

3142 is brilliant

GK - De gea
CB - Bailly blind smalling
DM - Herrera
LM - Martial
CM - Mata
CM - Pogba
RM - miki
ST's - Ibra and rashford

binary bot
This is probably my third year in a row making this post but packs are a real fecking Joke.

I'm playing pack only in Ultimate team and I've opened loads of packs already, mainly through playing the draft and the best players Ive got are Giroud and Nolito.

JB08

This is probably my third year in a row making this post but packs are a real fecking Joke.

I'm playing pack only in Ultimate team and I've opened loads of packs already, mainly through playing the draft and the best players Ive got are Giroud and Nolito.
If you don't pay for packs, you always make a profit.