Gaming FIFA 17

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Anyone else really struggling on the online seasons on this Fifa? Or am I just crap? As I discussed with someone else earlier in this thread I would always be in division 1 or 2 in Fifa 16 but am struggling to get out of division 7 on Fifa 17 so far lol.

For sure I need more practice but am really struggling so far. Find defending somewhat hard and there always seems to be a lack of support when attacking despite trying nearly every formation.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Anyone else really struggling on the online seasons on this Fifa? Or am I just crap? As I discussed with someone else earlier in this thread I would always be in division 1 or 2 in Fifa 16 but am struggling to get out of division 7 on Fifa 17 so far lol.

For sure I need more practice but am really struggling so far. Find defending somewhat hard and there always seems to be a lack of support when attacking despite trying nearly every formation.
I have good days and shocking days. Went on a 10+ game unbeaten rum the other day. Day later lost 6 in a row.

Irrational.

I've not had a FIFA game since FIFA 14, so I thought I'd purchase this one. Started career mode with United and was shocked at how ridiculously overpowered they are. :lol:

Pogba and Ibra are physical beasts, Memphis and Martial are pacey as feck. That's all you need to score a bucketload of goals, really.

Deleted member 101472

Ah. I got lots of messages back then for friendlies, I just cba playing everyone lol :D
Haha I understood that. It's because I was on a role at the time , I had a week off work when it first came out and I won 104 of 110 games I think , I figured I'd give you a game ... Then I saw a stream and reconsidered my stance!

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I've not had a FIFA game since FIFA 14, so I thought I'd purchase this one. Started career mode with United and was shocked at how ridiculously overpowered they are. :lol:

Pogba and Ibra are physical beasts, Memphis and Martial are pacey as feck. That's all you need to score a bucketload of goals, really.
Yep. I'm playing seasons and Pogba is fantastic in midfield, Ibra is very good as a target man but lacks some pace. I'm playing Rashford on the right because Mkhitarian has been poor for me and it's good to have two rapid players on the wings. Blind is scoring a lot (playing him on DM).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm going to buy this on the way home from work, looking forward to just playing an offline season with Utd tbh. Even though it'll have loads of flaws. I just love the idea of developing Rashford, Martial, etc...

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
I have good days and shocking days. Went on a 10+ game unbeaten rum the other day. Day later lost 6 in a row.
Yea same here I had a streak the other day and thought I had finally got the hang of it until I climbed a couple of divisions and couldn't win a game lol. What division have you made it up to?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Did Hunter just have a gay moment with Williams? "Don't go spending that win bonus all at once ey" *intense music* "oh Williams"
Girlfriend has been watching me play Rashford mode and pissed herself when this happened.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Got promoted to Division 5 after that amazing comeback at Bayern positioned me so that I needed two wins in final two games to go through. Second last was quite straightforward, Atletico v Barca, went 2-0 up, he managed to pull one back with Iniesta wondergoal but I defended well. Final game of season was nerve wrecking, again Atletico v Barcelona, went 1-0 down in the first half, decided to throw on Carrasco, equalized after 60' and then proceeded to defend and wait for a counter. Won a corner at 85', he committed a stupid foul in the box, Griezmann converted and here I am promoted.

Intend to use Atletico, Leicester, Spurs and obviously United a lot in online.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I am appalling at finishing. Played a guy yesterday and must have missed a good 6 or 7 massive chances, he of course nets a goal in the 85th minute after barely threatening. Thankfully I got a bullshit 90th min pen, the least I deserved... Anyone got the hang of it yet?

Ole90+3

Just or did online feel a lot more responsive last night than ever before? Certainly the most fun I've had playing FUT and my team is pretty much the same. Could be just be getting more used to the game of course, but everything just seemed snappier.

binary bot
Lost the final of the draft yesterday after Rojo scored an overhead kick from a corner. The keepers are so shit from corners, if it's on target then it's a goal.

The amount of OGs in this game is insane too.

Last edited:

Sarni

I am appalling at finishing. Played a guy yesterday and must have missed a good 6 or 7 massive chances, he of course nets a goal in the 85th minute after barely threatening. Thankfully I got a bullshit 90th min pen, the least I deserved... Anyone got the hang of it yet?
I'm the opposite, I've enjoyed very good efficiency in finishing while also managing to keep my defence properly solid. I usually go for R1 + shot from close range while 1 on 1, or R2 + shot from distance. I've been handed some significant defeats but currently have 18 wins, 7 draws and 13 losses which is not that bad considering it's a new game and all good players have still been playing in lower divisions at the beginning. Can't say I've been properly battered more than twice either.

I'll say this again, but I like the tactical aspect of it. It's no longer complete gung ho like the last two editions, if you decide that you want to go defensive and play on the counter, unless you make a mistake yourself, you won't be conceding too many if you're playing well in defence. With Atletico who have Godin and Gimenez, both cracking players, protected by Gabi and Saul, keeping a clean sheet or limiting the opposition to a single goal is doable. I much prefer those 1-0, 2-1 wins to the 7-4 scoring affairs I had in 16. I had one game that was high scoring, 5-4 win against Real Madrid while playing with United, and it was only 5-4 because the muppet went and put 3 past me while I was away from the console (I even paused the game and sent him a message that I need to be away for literally 2 minutes). Funny because he took the game from 2-1 down to 4-2 in his favour by this, and still proceeded to lose 5-4. :lol:

I feel the most satisfying win for me is when I defend for most of the game and score on rare opportunity. Had a Spurs v Arsenal (was Spurs) game yesterday where I scored from a corner in 86th minute and was otherwise just sitting back. Won 1-0. Really pleasant. 1-0/2-0 are by far my favourite scorelines in FIFA.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
I keep picking the fiery options in the Rashford mode in the hope he loses his shit but can't see it happening

P-Nut

I'm the opposite, I've enjoyed very good efficiency in finishing while also managing to keep my defence properly solid. I usually go for R1 + shot from close range while 1 on 1, or R2 + shot from distance. I've been handed some significant defeats but currently have 18 wins, 7 draws and 13 losses which is not that bad considering it's a new game and all good players have still been playing in lower divisions at the beginning. Can't say I've been properly battered more than twice either.

I'll say this again, but I like the tactical aspect of it. It's no longer complete gung ho like the last two editions, if you decide that you want to go defensive and play on the counter, unless you make a mistake yourself, you won't be conceding too many if you're playing well in defence. With Atletico who have Godin and Gimenez, both cracking players, protected by Gabi and Saul, keeping a clean sheet or limiting the opposition to a single goal is doable. I much prefer those 1-0, 2-1 wins to the 7-4 scoring affairs I had in 16. I had one game that was high scoring, 5-4 win against Real Madrid while playing with United, and it was only 5-4 because the muppet went and put 3 past me while I was away from the console (I even paused the game and sent him a message that I need to be away for literally 2 minutes). Funny because he took the game from 2-1 down to 4-2 in his favour by this, and still proceeded to lose 5-4. :lol:

I feel the most satisfying win for me is when I defend for most of the game and score on rare opportunity. Had a Spurs v Arsenal (was Spurs) game yesterday where I scored from a corner in 86th minute and was otherwise just sitting back. Won 1-0. Really pleasant. 1-0/2-0 are by far my favourite scorelines in FIFA.
I won the fut draft yesterday with 4 really close competitive games. First game was 3-1 but a injury time goal sealed it after it being back and forwards. Then a 1-0 counter attack goal. Then 2-0 again injury time sealer. And then the final was 1-0 when I had scored in the 7th minute.

I'm really enjoying the different ways of playing this year even though it took me a while to figure out not to go gung-ho from the offset I'm now enjoying it massively.

I keep picking the fiery options in the Rashford mode in the hope he loses his shit but can't see it happening
Every time I get asked I've picked fiery. It stopped me starting the 2nd game of the season though. Before the game I was on the edge of the first team. Scored and assisted. Picked fiery responses and my manager rating moved me further towards subs than first team.

EvilChuck

Played someone on UT last night who was wearing their headset and everything they said came through the tv. He went 1-0 up after my defender tackled his player and the rest of my defence decided to let the loose ball just roll near the 18 yard box for one of his strikers to easily run onto and score.

His tactic was then to just tiki taka as much as possible, so I went defensive and hit him on the counter with the front 3 of Antonio, Lukaku and Martial, and turned it around to 3-1. So satisfying hearing someone scream about bullshit tactics and the game is rigged, when it simply came down to the fact that Lukaku and Martial basically ran in straight lines through his defence towards the goal and he couldnt defend it.

Sarni

I won the fut draft yesterday with 4 really close competitive games. First game was 3-1 but a injury time goal sealed it after it being back and forwards. Then a 1-0 counter attack goal. Then 2-0 again injury time sealer. And then the final was 1-0 when I had scored in the 7th minute.

I'm really enjoying the different ways of playing this year even though it took me a while to figure out not to go gung-ho from the offset I'm now enjoying it massively.
Yep it's very rewarding. I'm trying to control the games as much as possible, not by having the ball all the time but by playing in bursts so my players are usually still quite fit going into final 30 minutes of the game (hence many late comebacks). I usually try to start brightly and have a proper go for the first 15-20 minutes, then sit back for the next 30-40 and try to control the tempo and slow down. The game is slower than last year but it can still be very fast if you decide to go gung ho. If you play it patient it actually resembles football. I'm liking this very much so far, hope they don't ruin this with updates but I can certainly see that happening the way EA operate. People are already complaining that it's too slow and it's too difficult to score. My friend who's a FUT maniac says he doesn't like it because in the previous one he had a lot of 10-goal games, now he's barely having over 2.5 games, and he has to play offline with speed set to Fast. There'll be lots of people like that.

P-Nut

Yep it's very rewarding. I'm trying to control the games as much as possible, not by having the ball all the time but by playing in bursts so my players are usually still quite fit going into final 30 minutes of the game (hence many late comebacks). I usually try to start brightly and have a proper go for the first 15-20 minutes, then sit back for the next 30-40 and try to control the tempo and slow down. The game is slower than last year but it can still be very fast if you decide to go gung ho. If you play it patient it actually resembles football. I'm liking this very much so far, hope they don't ruin this with updates but I can certainly see that happening the way EA operate.
Yeah I think it needs updating but there are parts of it I think they will change that I don't want them to. The supposed button lag that I wanted changing asap previously I now believe is part of the game engine and hope that doesn't get changed. Also as you mentioned the pace of the game. At present it is perfect and slows and speeds up like in real life. I can guess that a lot of people will be complaining and wanting end to end games brought back.

Sarni

Yeah I think it needs updating but there are parts of it I think they will change that I don't want them to. The supposed button lag that I wanted changing asap previously I now believe is part of the game engine and hope that doesn't get changed. Also as you mentioned the pace of the game. At present it is perfect and slows and speeds up like in real life. I can guess that a lot of people will be complaining and wanting end to end games brought back.
True. I remember one of the previous ones (was it 15?) being perfectly good at launch and enjoying this very much. Towards November/December it became completely unplayable.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Tips how to improve my FuT? Without spending loads, that is. I guess I should save up 30-40k and replace Hart for Cech / Lloris.

Hart

Bellerin - Vertongen - Smalling - Azpi

Dembele - Thiago

Mhiki - Eriksen - Pedro

Slimani​

Slimani is just perfect, so dont even suggest replacing him. The only one would be Zlatan, but that's like 400-500k...

El-Manos

Corners I think have improved, I rarely scored them on 16. Finishing overall is tougher though, while dribbling is more fun. I do prefer 17 over 16 I have to say, eventhough my conversion rate needs improving.

Hoof the ball

On Marcus Rashford mode, how do you get your own AI to perform better?! It always seems like the opposition team's AI is better than yours, no matter who you're playing? I've got Payet running straight into opposition players. It's on Legendary.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
On Marcus Rashford mode, how do you get your own AI to perform better?! It always seems like the opposition team's AI is better than yours, no matter who you're playing? I've got Payet running straight into opposition players. It's on Legendary.
Presume only option is messing with sliders. Some tips on reddit about it - not sure if that will help overall though - I just take control of the entire team instead as playing solely as Hunter sucks.

SirAF

Ageist
If you are on the Xbox One, can you play online against someone on a Windows PC? I'm considering getting back in the console game.. and I have to decide between the Xbox and PS4. Pros/cons? Most of my gaming will be FIFA..

pascell

The price fluctuations on UT are bizarre. I bought Herrera for 7200 yesterday and sold him for 9600 this morning, just bought him again for 7400. I packed Mane in my first pack and he started off going for 6000-7000 and sold him last night for 18500. I also bought Shaw for 4800 and Alli for 5500 yesterday, seems like if you get 20000 coins behind you, you'll have yourself a very decent team.

P-Nut

The price fluctuations on UT are bizarre. I bought Herrera for 7200 yesterday and sold him for 9600 this morning, just bought him again for 7400. I packed Mane in my first pack and he started off going for 6000-7000 and sold him last night for 18500. I also bought Shaw for 4800 and Alli for 5500 yesterday, seems like if you get 20000 coins behind you, you'll have yourself a very decent team.
I've just sold stones silva and bravo all for 20k more than I bought them for. Keep an eye on squad building challenges as players prices will rocket if they are key.

Shark

@NotShark
Corners I think have improved, I rarely scored them on 16. Finishing overall is tougher though, while dribbling is more fun. I do prefer 17 over 16 I have to say, eventhough my conversion rate needs improving.
It's much better. I think the criticism last year was warranted, however this year they've gotten a lot more right than wrong. If you're shit at the game of course, it'll be a bad experience.

SirAF

Ageist
I just had a read at the EA forums about the game.. bad decision, that place is worse than here after a United loss :lol: Unbelievable level of complaining! A bunch of guys were even upset because the "authentic PL scoreboard" was not in the game!

Anyway - Xbox One vs PS4?

Shark

@NotShark
I just had a read at the EA forums about the game.. bad decision, that place is worse than here after a United loss :lol: Unbelievable level of complaining! A bunch of guys were even upset because the "authentic PL scoreboard" was not in the game!

Anyway - Xbox One vs PS4?
Whatever your friends have, I'd imagine there's absolutely no difference otherwise then maybe a slightly better PS4 performance.

SirAF

Ageist
Whatever your friends have, I'd imagine there's absolutely no difference otherwise then maybe a slightly better PS4 performance.
None of my mates have upgraded to next gen, but my brother is on the Xbox One. So I'm most likely to get that one in order to whop his ass online. I've also heard that online is more stable on the Xbox?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Getting annoyed with being taken off in Rashford mode because I haven't scored within 60 minutes. 3 times now I've scored then immediately been subbed because it was already set up.

El-Manos

With Alex hunter I actually chose to play for Crystal Palace as I thought I would get more game time... I hope I don't have to play there now for the next 10 seasons :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Played a bit of The Journey last night. Thought about picking a different team as I'll be doing a career mode with Utd but still picked Utd. I didn't score in my first two pre-season games but then got a brace against Madrid. Subbed on in the first game of the season on my debut away to Liverpool and bagged a hat-trick. Instant legend.

P-Nut

Played a bit of The Journey last night. Thought about picking a different team as I'll be doing a career mode with Utd but still picked Utd. I didn't score in my first two pre-season games but then got a brace against Madrid. Subbed on in the first game of the season on my debut away to Liverpool and bagged a hat-trick. Instant legend.
I'm sure it's scripted that way personally. I scored one in preparation season but then bagged 2 and got an assist against liverpool