Gaming FIFA 17

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Funny that, I've just come in to ask if anyone else reckons it's scripted at the end of the season? I play as the full team and they've turned into a bunch of complete dickends on the pitch towards the end, while crap teams have sudden spurts of everyone-is-messi, which funnily has meant we're equal on points with 3 other teams going into the last game.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Playing as just Hunter is so frustrating but I feel like if I play as the whole team it'll be too easy and just feel like I'm playing a scripted career mode.

Golden Nugget

This might be the easiest FIFA I've played in a while (using United anyway).

Finished journey on world class, mainly controlling Hunter but controlling the team now and then... Came 2nd in the league but winning the FA Cup..

Started with United on career starting with World Class, entered the friendlies and struggled against Sevilla but still won 2-1, beating two Asian teams 4-0 so I upped it to legendary, next team being Atletico. Still dominated the game and created a stack of chances - only difference was that it was much harder to convert them now - but still ended up winning 1-0. In the previous fifas I would need at least half a season on world class to get into it.

SirAF

Ageist
I just checked some ratings, Depay got 90 pace while Shaw's only at 82? Wtf.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Just managed to qualify for the weekend league for the first time. One problem though. This weekend is my Mrs birthday so getting on to get my games in is going to be impossible!!!!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Just managed to qualify for the weekend league for the first time. One problem though. This weekend is my Mrs birthday so getting on to get my games in is going to be impossible!!!!
She will understand. They always do.

Hehehehe.

Parry Gallister

Anyone else being murdered by the AI in the league in Ultimate Team once it gets to professional/world class? It's ridiculous how the ball works for them this time round, like playing Barca and Athleti Madrid at once when yr playing Norwich or some random middle-eastern side. They don't really score but just hog possession and dispossess you forever. The thing I really don't like about it is to win I'm being forced to play in a Van Gaal way, get to 1-0 and just keep possession negatively or hit it and run, neither really entertain me much.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Anyone else being murdered by the AI in the league in Ultimate Team once it gets to professional/world class? It's ridiculous how the ball works for them this time round, like playing Barca and Athleti Madrid at once when yr playing Norwich or some random middle-eastern side. They don't really score but just hog possession and dispossess you forever. The thing I really don't like about it is to win I'm being forced to play in a Van Gaal way, get to 1-0 and just keep possession negatively or hit it and run, neither really entertain me much.
It's the same on career mode and it's incredibly unrealistic and frustrating.

vanthaman

Winner
It was the same last year, West Brom playing tika taka

Utdstar01

Should be an option to tweet on the social tab on the Rashford mode so I can call Gareth walker a cnut.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It's the same on career mode and it's incredibly unrealistic and frustrating.
This game is definitely unrealistic, way too easy to tiki taka your way out of trouble. But it's more fun than the last one. However, scoring goals and finishing feels more random which is good too. I love it so far.

Utdstar01

This game is definitely unrealistic, way too easy to tiki taka your way out of trouble. But it's more fun than the last one. However, scoring goals and finishing feels more random which is good too. I love it so far.
Some ways it's realistic. Rooney is terrible, he just missed an open goal from 5 yards out. He's been subbed now anyway :lol: on my journey mode.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
It takes so long to get a fecking game on seasons
10 seconds to find a game for me

Also if anyone is struggling I highly recommend 3142 formation. United, jive and Real Madrid are great to use. It's so overpowered I'm now in Div 7 and climing fast after a really bad start.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Followed up my qualifying for the weekend league with winning the draft and then my opening game if the next draft.

Seems like I've got used to the little nuances of the game after getting majorly stressed out yesterday with r1 + a/x tarring me to shreds.

Anyone else qualified for the weekend league yet? What are the prizes like?

Utdstar01

Followed up my qualifying for the weekend league with winning the draft and then my opening game if the next draft.

Seems like I've got used to the little nuances of the game after getting majorly stressed out yesterday with r1 + a/x tarring me to shreds.

Well I just played my first game to qualify, won and then it said error, could not connect to EA servers :rolleyes: EA servers are so fecking shit it's why I stopped playing UT.

Utdstar01

Also got an IF Jota from Porto earlier and James Rodriguez in my first 3 gold packs :lol:Jammy as feck.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

There is no little nuances to Ultimate Team. Pick pace and whoever can whore it out more, wins.

Bojan11

Well I've won 5 out of 9 of them games without any wingers so something seems to have changed this year.
You don't need wingers to be a pace whore. Last year people tended to play 4-3-1-2 in a narrow formation and had all the quick players through the middle.

Smores

Glad its not just me, they seem to be both quicker and stronger as if upscaled. They'll mess up occasionally but their all round play is absurd.

I hardly ever concede from open play but every other corner and free kick. Was pissing me off a lot yesterday

Swaters16

Glad its not just me, they seem to be both quicker and stronger as if upscaled. They'll mess up occasionally but their all round play is absurd.

I hardly ever concede from open play but every other corner and free kick. Was pissing me off a lot yesterday
Definitely, it's always been that way though

SSSSnake

For the first time in years I'm having to change my formation from a narrow 4-3-1-2 to a 4-3-3 (4).

I'm just getting no joy through the middle and the wing play has helped me massively going up in FUT online divisions.

binary bot
The defending definitely seems more narrow. I haven't really tried different formations yet, 4231 with wingers has worked quite well for me. It's annoying how you can't combine a CAM on the wing with an actual winger on the other side.

Smores

Definitely, it's always been that way though
I skipped the last two so im a bit behind on what works these days. Dont remember it being so ridiculous but i may have just forgot the frustrations.

So far every game has been like watching us play on a bad day rather than the free flowing entertaining united.

Think ill just get more pace into my team and focus on passing til gaps appear rather than beating the man.

Golden Nugget

For the first time in years I'm having to change my formation from a narrow 4-3-1-2 to a 4-3-3 (4).

I'm just getting no joy through the middle and the wing play has helped me massively going up in FUT online divisions.
Crossing has been improved this year - I reckon 1/20 goals in the last FIFA were headers from crosses or corners for me - yet half my goals in this years version have been headers so far.

Dribbling is much harder, which is good - but the biggest improvement has to be the corners - I've only scored one - but its great that the goalkeeper doesn't collect everything in this version.

Swaters16

I skipped the last two so im a bit behind on what works these days. Dont remember it being so ridiculous but i may have just forgot the frustrations.

So far every game has been like watching us play on a bad day rather than the free flowing entertaining united.

Think ill just get more pace into my team and focus on passing til gaps appear rather than beating the man.
It gets better, I was frustrated as hell at the start but after a couple of days with it, you can start playing better football. The passing can be a bit frustrating because sometimes the most effective route to goal is to make a pass that would never happen in real life