Gaming FIFA 17

Baxter

The defending is an absolute joke :lol:. The players turn like fecking boats and are so unresponsive. And ping pong passing is back.

Last edited:

Marksy7

Oh wow... have you figured out how angle and distance in run up affect accuracy or ease to shoot left x right? It must somehow I guess, otherwise its just a gimmick and everyone will just shoot from default position (I bet 90% of people still will).
During the training I've noticed some arrows and such to help practice. It's best to make sure the run up is putting the ball at the players stronger foot and not a difficult angle to strike it. Missed few with the guide moving quickly

MTF

During the training I've noticed some arrows and such to help practice. It's best to make sure the run up is putting the ball at the players stronger foot and not a difficult angle to strike it. Missed few with the guide moving quickly
Cheers. I should actually like the game getting more and more complicated, gives me an edge over all the impatient teenagers out there. :devil:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
6th September: Demo for Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4 and PC will be released
Get in. I'm abroad and bought an Xbox One but I have to sell it before the 19th as I won't be living where I currently am. Gives me a solid 2 weeks of demo time.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
You save around £7 each game, it's not that great is it? I swear you can get download codes when the games are out for £30, but I'm probably wrong.
Where from?

I find it rdiculous that the PSN/XBox store game downloads are £5+ more than the physical copy.

Who the hell cares about companies being out of bussiness etc.? the music industrary didn't give a shit when iTunes, Spotify and Apple Music became popular.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Where from?

I find it rdiculous that the PSN/XBox store game downloads are £5+ more than the physical copy.

Who the hell cares about companies being out of bussiness etc.? the music industrary didn't give a shit when iTunes, Spotify and Apple Music became popular.
I remember last year I just googled "FIFA 16 download" and there was a website you could get a code from. Might've been more than £30 though.

I prefer having it downloaded though rather than as a disc, it's just easier being able to switch between games. They probably know this, so they charge an extra fiver. If anything though it should be a fiver less as they're saving money on producing discs, cases, covers and storage etc.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I tell myself every year I won't buy this game, it's usually marketing buzzwords and incremental updates.

This year I swore off the game, I bought 16, barely played it.

Now my friends are going "Wow you'll love 17" I'll probably give it a few months, maybe play the demo but it seems to be ok in the demo, the full-game is "not the finished build" then there's some patch towards christmas and everyone tends to go off it.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I remember last year I just googled "FIFA 16 download" and there was a website you could get a code from. Might've been more than £30 though.

I prefer having it downloaded though rather than as a disc, it's just easier being able to switch between games. They probably know this, so they charge an extra fiver. If anything though it should be a fiver less as they're saving money on producing discs, cases, covers and storage etc.
Thanks, I'll have a search near release.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Thanks, I'll have a search near release.
There's a legitimate website that a few people have recommended, completely forgotten the name though. Only ever bought FIFA 16 off it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What kind of question is this? Literally just read the posts above :lol:
It seems mostly about penalty shoot outs and double tapping for a grounded shot. And one guy scored a goal he couldn't have in FIFA 16. Hardly much to go by to judge a game. I'm probably more interested in someone being impressed who didnt like last years game tbh.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Is pro clubs like the old manager/career mode? Or Be a Pro?
Pro Clubs is the online Be a Pro mode where you control a single player that you create and develop.

So far the improvements from last year in this mode seem to be on the game engine side (which means the game itself plays much better than last year IMO), and the much improved rating system - which seems fairer and more geared to developing your players attributes.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It seems mostly about penalty shoot outs and double tapping for a grounded shot. And one guy scored a goal he couldn't have in FIFA 16. Hardly much to go by to judge a game. I'm probably more interested in someone being impressed who didnt like last years game tbh.
It's unlikely anyone who didn't like last year's game got into the beta as they probably wouldn't clock enough hours on it.

Fifa is always a bastard to judge, from beta, to demo, to early access then go full game... They just feck with it every stage, and usually make it worse step by step.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's unlikely anyone who didn't like last year's game got into the beta as they probably wouldn't clock enough hours on it.

Fifa is always a bastard to judge, from beta, to demo, to early access then go full game... They just feck with it every stage, and usually make it worse step by step.
Good point. Basically I'm hoping it's a bit of an overhaul.

zain

Believe

Good point. Basically I'm hoping it's a bit of an overhaul.
What did you guys not like about last year's game specifically?

Renegade81

I was one of the people who got the ultimate team beta. As i did previously did last year. It played well last year and personally better this year, but from history im asured the game will get patched and end up dog shit as per.

Cant put my finger on it though, it seem different on the exterior graphics/ player faces but very much the same under the surface ie player movement/ brain fart defending/ player switching is still there where by it feels like it overides who u select to give a split second opening which almost always rewards your opponent every few games or so. Especially after defending solidly nearly all game. Seems very easy to hold on to the ball now but not sure if thats a one up from 16. Very easy to score on corners again which will certainly be patched. And penalties are terrible if im honest very sensitive, although ive perfected them i preferred it in the previous title. 6.5 out of 10 overall for me.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Does anyone here play fifa on xbox? I'd love to start a pro club, but I lack 10 xbox-playing fifa friends.

Or anyone here playing in a xbox pro club already who needs a player?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just read all the new stuff they did for Pro Clubs. Actually looking like it'll be a significant change with the player development re-haul. Hopefully it works properly and it doesn't turn into everyone wanting to score a hat trick to level up.

Also we'll need to make a kit and crest for our caf team now that we can customize that!

Big Andy

Bloke
So are we to assume based on the bit about stadiums in that career mode review that stadiums won't always be full? It's always been a pet hate of mine that every seat is filled regardless of who's playing, would be a realistic touch to have some empty seats about the place.
Especially playing at City away...

eggwithsideburns

Pogba has 5 star skill moves this year. That will just make him even more expensive, I bet he will be a fun player to use. Imagine if Zlatan gets 5 star skill moves back too, we would be one of the most popular teams to use again.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Does anyone here play fifa on xbox? I'd love to start a pro club, but I lack 10 xbox-playing fifa friends.

Or anyone here playing in a xbox pro club already who needs a player?
I play on Xbox and would love to be involved in this. Gamertag: danaxx92.
Yeah let's team up and see if we can get anyone else to join in
I'm in lads. Defensive mid for the last few years so I'll take the Pogba role ;)

DM07

The top 50 players have been released. Some ridiculous high ratings for pretty average players like Pepe (88), Ozil (89), Buffon (88), etc.

The top 10 will be Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Neymar, Lewandowski, Pique, Neuer, De Gea, Bale and one other.

Cant remember who the 10th player will be. Surely it cant be Zlatan.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/fifa-17-player-ratings-top-50

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So are we to assume based on the bit about stadiums in that career mode review that stadiums won't always be full? It's always been a pet hate of mine that every seat is filled regardless of who's playing, would be a realistic touch to have some empty seats about the place.
This sounds like something EA will feck up or overdo. They'll definitely have commentators talk about just so you're reminded of their new feature every day.

Redo91

The top 50 players have been released. Some ridiculous high ratings for pretty average players like Pepe (88), Ozil (89), Buffon (88), etc.

The top 10 will be Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Neymar, Lewandowski, Pique, Neuer, De Gea, Bale and one other.

It obviously is. Either that or he isn't in the top 50 as he hasn't been listed yet along with those players you've named.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

It obviously is. Either that or he isn't in the top 50 as he hasn't been listed yet along with those players you've named.
I'm more confused as to why you wouldn't think it'd be zlatan. He scored an insane amount of goals last year!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
It's definitely going to be Ibra. Be interesting how many skill stars he gets now that Pogba has 5.

JP77

Buffon is an average player? :lol:

Expect I won't like this years all that much again but will once again be buying it just to drag down this place on Pro Clubs :drool: