Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

Xeno

Yeah, i have done only MLS and Pro League, since i am sure one of them will appear today. The rest is hard to guess or if the players are worth it
Always worth it if you get at discard for the lovely packs!

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Dunno what to do about the CAM position for my PL side this weekend, flogged De Bruyne as he doesn’t really make the runs I’m looking for so started checking out IF Firmino last night; but by the time I went in to market his price went up like 20k!

Rui Costa’s sbc doesn’t seem within my 400k budget either, some of the IFs are priced ridiculously right now. May just buy Pogba and push Eriksen up to CAM, or just save the coins and use my normal Dele Alli there. Anyone tried his IF? Any good?

Xeno

Dunno what to do about the CAM position for my PL side this weekend, flogged De Bruyne as he doesn’t really make the runs I’m looking for so started checking out IF Firmino last night; but by the time I went in to market his price went up like 20k!

Rui Costa’s sbc doesn’t seem within my 400k budget either, some of the IFs are priced ridiculously right now. May just buy Pogba and push Eriksen up to CAM, or just save the coins and use my normal Dele Alli there. Anyone tried his IF? Any good?
It's probably just me because I'm terrible with any forward who doesn't have 90+ pace, but IF Firminho is poop. He constantly tracks back to my own penalty spot even on 'Stay Forward'.

izec

Mls--> Giovinco

Serie A---> Hamsik

Knew Hamsik would come out, he didnt get an IF even though he deserved one or two already

Xeno

Made about 30k coins from over buys + 25k bonus, packed IF Lovren, Manolas and Burki so another 30k there.

Bit crap, hope the Calcio A one is better.

Levo

Band of Brothers
All over that Hamsik! Maybe let prices die down a bit first mind.

izec

Made about 30k coins from over buys + 25k bonus, packed IF Lovren, Manolas and Burki so another 30k there.

Bit crap, hope the Calcio A one is better.
Arent you saving packs for TOTY? Think i will keep mine til next week when TOTY will be released.

izec

I can’t :(
I am usually similar, but if something big comes, i safe them for a few days or a week. I want every card style at least once in my squad, so hope i pack a TOTY. Will safe the Hamsik and Giovinco packs and have some coins left to buy some packs if there are some special offers going on. The TOTY cards are the best ones all year

Eddy_JukeZ

What a card the Prime Henry is. It captures him brilliantly. I'll admit EA did a pretty good job with the icons playing similar to their IRL counterparts.

Can't even imagine how OP the 94 R9 is. Going to sell CR7 to fund for him when I get the chance(just gotta grind towards 4 mil coins again haha).

Levo

Band of Brothers
Has anyone used prime Rui Costa as a striker? Looking at him to play in front of Mertens, Dybala an upgraded Hamsik eventually.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Has anyone used prime Rui Costa as a striker? Looking at him to play in front of Mertens, Dybala an upgraded Hamsik eventually.
His finishing is Musa level, I wouldn't bother. He misses so many one on ones.

2 man midfield

Hunter card should fix that? Everything looks good apart from finishing is a little low.
I've tried him with sniper, finisher, hunter, the lot. I'd rather have him further back and make use of his great passing stats, and have a striker with 90+ finishing. It makes such a difference. Plus his long shots are decent, so having him at CAM makes sense.

Levo

Band of Brothers
I've tried him with sniper, finisher, hunter, the lot. I'd rather have him further back and make use of his great passing stats, and have a striker with 90+ finishing. It makes such a difference. Plus his long shots are decent, so having him at CAM makes sense.
Could possibly have Dybala up top and Costa further back then.

2 man midfield

Could possibly have Dybala up top and Costa further back then.
What formation do you play? I used to have him on the left of a 4231, and now CAM in a 41212 and he's been great in both.

binary bot
Got extremely lucky the last couple of days

SIF Son from monthlies(only gold 3), then MLS and Serie A - the only two i'd prepared for.

padr81

Supports
Man City
the better my team the worse I do. Now have a front 5 of Lewandowski, Auba, Costa, Deco and Saul (IF) and only won 3 of 10.

padr81

Supports
Man City
So true. Handicap is a thing.
Yeah, I'm not the best player in the world by any means but I guarantee if that front 5 was Jesus, Martial, Son, Antonio and Musa or someone I'd be on 5 or 6 wins

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
How are people finding the IF Lingard CAM card? Thinking I might pick it up, it's a problem position for me (been through Rooney, Gylfi, Mata, Lallana, Mooy and Ozil).

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Although, that Arnautovic IF CAM card looks fecking mint.

Duafc

Village Lemon
How are people finding the IF Lingard CAM card? Thinking I might pick it up, it's a problem position for me (been through Rooney, Gylfi, Mata, Lallana, Mooy and Ozil).

Lingard is class, so nippy, great feet and makes good runs. His finishing in or around the box is much better than his stats indicate, also his celebration is gas. Think I picked him up for 50k or so 24 games 15 goals and 12 assists, I play him in a midfield 3 a lot though.

Arnie is quality, I’m not massively into big strong strikers as I play quick 1-2s but he is class, probably a better Cam than ST really. 20 goals and 17 assists in 24 games.

Both those are online games only either WL or div 1/2/3.

Lingards better bang for buck imo.

SSSSnake

Lingard is class, so nippy, great feet and makes good runs. His finishing in or around the box is much better than his stats indicate, also his celebration is gas. Think I picked him up for 50k or so 24 games 15 goals and 12 assists, I play him in a midfield 3 a lot though.

Arnie is quality, I’m not massively into big strong strikers as I play quick 1-2s but he is class, probably a better Cam than ST really. 20 goals and 17 assists in 24 games.

Both those are online games only either WL or div 1/2/3.

Lingards better bang for buck imo.
If he gets player of the month i’ll defo pick him up

binary bot
The most infuriating thing in this game is rebounds. The ball always has to fall to a player. It never spins out for a throw-in, or out near the corner flag, it rebounds 5 yards to an attacker.

I just started using Valencia and I can’t believe how good he is, if you run down the right holding L2 he’s almost impossible to shrug off the ball - a low driven shot across the keeper results in a parry the majority of the time. He’s a monster.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
The most infuriating thing in this game is rebounds. The ball always has to fall to a player. It never spins out for a throw-in, or out near the corner flag, it rebounds 5 yards to an attacker.

I just started using Valencia and I can’t believe how good he is, if you run down the right holding L2 he’s almost impossible to shrug off the ball - a low driven shot across the keeper results in a parry the majority of the time. He’s a monster.
Yep - high pace + high strength = Fifa god regardless of other stats.

2 man midfield

Anyone else getting a lot of disconnects? I would've been 7-0 today but I've had 2 disconnects in a row. It's always when you're fecking winning as well.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Christmas over, I’m finally back home with my wonderful internet. Can’t wait for the weekend to come so I can complete my first weekend league since october.

izec

Anyone know when TOTY will be out? Hoped for today, but am not sure. EA could wait for a while. It will either be beginning or end of the week and it must be in January. I feel we are close

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Will play a few more weekend league games in Jan and then I’m gonna give it a break in Feb.

Getting to the stage in Fifa now where every cnut has the same formulaic game plan from start to finish.

Initially takes a while to find a game as some weirdo made a conspiracy about home games having better connection than away games so you get losers backing out if they’re the away team even though it has absolutely no effect the game.

Then youre matched up with some kid who has about 7 icons and spent a fortune on the game. They always pause it at the start to change to a 4-1-2-1-2 marrow and sit on the counter and just spam the ball to the 3 forwards and then proceed to score a shite driven shot which trickles past your 88 rated GK and then proceed to watch the replay, as if it wasn’t identical to their previous 200 goals.

More so in the past month everyone does that shite free kick where about 5 players run over the ball before passing it to one of the runners whilst your defenders watch in admiration.

Oh and the short corner where they then spam pass to a player in the box which magically always works.

Don’t forget the guys who take about 5 minutes on a goal kick, bring their defenders forward and then eventually pass. Just take it quickly you weirdos.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Just beat a guy who had the best versions possible of Henry, Matthäus, Gullit, Ferdinand, Rijkaard, Carlos, CR7 and a few more. I beat him 4-1. I googled his username and his username isn't registered at futhead so he's never made top 100. He played with the elite kits so at least he has made elite monthly. He was okay but definitely not pro level.

I just can't believe someone who isn't a pro has a team like that. He must have spent like £5000.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Here's my current team

I'm doing really well with it, but I'm getting bored of it. Anyone have any suggestions for a new team? This one is worth around 2.65m, but I'm not selling Ronaldo so I'd have around 760k to build a team that has him in it. (Muriel and Alessandrini are untradables). It'd have to be 4-3-2-1, but I could start out in other formations and switch to that one in game.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Maybe change up the back 4 and midfield to something like.
Here's my current team

I'm doing really well with it, but I'm getting bored of it. Anyone have any suggestions for a new team? This one is worth around 2.65m, but I'm not selling Ronaldo so I'd have around 760k to build a team that has him in it. (Muriel and Alessandrini are untradables). It'd have to be 4-3-2-1, but I could start out in other formations and switch to that one in game.
Had a little play about and came up with this for 720k on X Box.

Modric is probably interchangeable with a few other La Liga CM if you prefer someone more physical

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Here's my current team

I'd suggest trying out new formations if you want to freshen it up a bit. Changing teams can only keep it interesting for so much, because you're still probably playing the same style (and built around Ronaldo). Change kits, stadium, formation and play with 2 teams maybe. Not sure if you did any of the Futmas sbc's past Muriel, but Futmas Lingard is probably the most fun to use card I've used on Fifa in ages. Using him behind Martial and Rashford (and sometimes Futmas Ibra) in a 4-3-1-2, just loads of fun.