Gaming FIFA 21

Chief123

What would be the best version of Fifa to buy for a PS4? The reviews for 2020 are awful and I was considering getting a football game.
I’ve bought every version for over 20 years.

Last year Fifa 20 was shocking. But FIFA 21 is really good. I got it yesterday and I like it!

Jam

Last year Fifa 20 was shocking. But FIFA 21 is really good. I got it yesterday and I like it!
The annual “last year was shit but this year is great” FIFA stage.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

I picked 20 up this morning for a tenner so will have a look at it. Will be playing PES more though I think.

Macern

Pee pee pants

Exactly this. I’m loving it right now. I’ve played every FIFA since FIFA 2002 and FIFA 20 is undoubtedly the worst, but 21 is so good right now. Hope they won’t ruin it with patches.

Chief123

Exactly this. I’m loving it right now. I’ve played every FIFA since FIFA 2002 and FIFA 20 is undoubtedly the worst, but 21 is so good right now. Hope they won’t ruin it with patches.
There’s a few things that need tweaking like passing being quite OP. Especially doing a fancy L2 pass. It goes like a rocket with the back heel :lol:

But the attacking fluidity, through balls is excellent so far.

Macern

Pee pee pants
There’s a few things that need tweaking like passing being quite OP. Especially doing a fancy L2 pass. It goes like a rocket with the back heel :lol:

But the attacking fluidity, through balls is excellent so far.
Yeah I’m really exploiting the through balls. I’ve got Martial, Rashford and Adama in my front 3 in Ultimate Team, lots of pace there. My rivals record is 14-1 so it’s going quite well, but I’m struggling with defending.
I just hope when they inevitably nerf passing they don’t overdo it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think it's just more fun to use starter squads rather than later on, more so than EA patching it needlessly every time to change it drastically. Like maybe they do adjust it a bit, but I always think the game gets more and more ridiculous as the year goes on because your team gets better and better, and just more unrealistic as everyone starts having 90+ stats everywhere. That's not fun to use...

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Seems the exact same thing as 20 to me. Usually I notice some mild changes but I’ve been switching back and forth between 20 and 21 (few of my Pro Clubs mates don’t have 21 yet) and can’t notice any difference.

They’ve made the sound of kicking the ball louder, so that’s something I guess.

Ole90+3

I think it's just more fun to use starter squads rather than later on, more so than EA patching it needlessly every time to change it drastically. Like maybe they do adjust it a bit, but I always think the game gets more and more ridiculous as the year goes on because your team gets better and better, and just more unrealistic as everyone starts having 90+ stats everywhere. That's not fun to use...
I think this is the main reason why the game becomes unplayable on UT as well more so than patches. The game isn’t built for 90+ ratings from both teams all over the pitch, then you bring in the chemistry boost which results in the mechanics of the software shitting itself.

Shark

@NotShark
From reading some impressions, not sure what people were expecting buying this on the PS4/current Xbox. EA will concentrate on the next gen version, not that it will be amazing either. Such a lazy and greedy company that unfortunately control the football monopoly.

bosnian_red

From reading some impressions, not sure what people were expecting buying this on the PS4/current Xbox. EA will concentrate on the next gen version, not that it will be amazing either. Such a lazy and greedy company that unfortunately control the football monopoly.
It's always the first game fully made for next gen that is the bigger jump. Even on next gen it won't be much different this year. Next year should be the bigger change.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
FIFA 20 was a victim of game changing patch which seems to come around a month after release which totally dumbs down the game even further and hikes up AI assist, then you add in all the players with super high stats and the RNG nature of the game cant handle the calculations thus you get the shit show that it is every year.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Not really. Genuine opinion.

Wait until they patch it. Every fifa starts well then they mess about with it and it turns into the same old crapfest. The fluid attacking you speak of will be none existent in a couple of months.

Chief123

Wait until they patch it. Every fifa starts well then they mess about with it and it turns into the same old crapfest. The fluid attacking you speak of will be none existent in a couple of months.
Your probably right. The patches always destroy the game. Fifa 20 wasn’t as bad in the beginning before the patches started coming out.

bosnian_red

Played it yesterday. Honestly not a huge difference. They adjust the little things that "work" every year, like last year crossing and headers were useless, but now they seem pretty normal thankfully. You can do a patient passing style, but its easy to also skip over that and just play as you always play. They'll adjust the defending on through passes and finesse shot finishing inside the box im sure, but there's really not much of a difference IMO.

Anyway, Greenwood seems to score every time he shoots for me so thats cool! Got Zaha as well for my left wing, and spent all my coins on a bunch of Lo Celso's as I feel like he'll go up a decent amount upon release.

bosnian_red

Played about 6 hours of the 10 hour trial. Meh. Feels the same with minor differences in terms of what works but nothing really. Usually have an urge to get a good FUT team at least and then stopping, but might not even go for that this year.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
This may be my go to soccer/football game for the year.
Haven't played a FIFA game since 17.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Reskinned FIFA 20, with more ways to force you to buy coins if you want a decent team in UT.

Also, hate how games these days force you to play them to be good ... Gotta play X amount of matches a week or weekend to get good stuff in ultimate team? feck off, makes it seem like a massive chore.

Not tried the career yet, got about 4 hours of trial left so might give that a go.

bosnian_red

Reskinned FIFA 20, with more ways to force you to buy coins if you want a decent team in UT.

Also, hate how games these days force you to play them to be good ... Gotta play X amount of matches a week or weekend to get good stuff in ultimate team? feck off, makes it seem like a massive chore.

Not tried the career yet, got about 4 hours of trial left so might give that a go.
Haven't had a problem getting coins in FUT but it all feels like whats the point. Pretty much either squad battles or division rivals games are your only option, rinse and repeat to get coins and get players. Been like this for a couple of years I guess, just feels very empty and lacking. Objectives can help, but the amount they would need to release to make it fun is unrealistic and probably overkill in the opposite direction. Plus then when they release too many high rated cards they shoot themselves in the foot, make everyone 99 and the game is shite to play.

At least before in division games you could push for promotion with a certain amount of wins. Now its all on skill rating which means you generally stay in the same division the whole time, rarely changing. All so "meh".

Think ill go back to clubs and career mode this year and not so much FUT. Already feel bored of it and the game hasn't even come out :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Haven't had a problem getting coins in FUT but it all feels like whats the point. Pretty much either squad battles or division rivals games are your only option, rinse and repeat to get coins and get players. Been like this for a couple of years I guess, just feels very empty and lacking. Objectives can help, but the amount they would need to release to make it fun is unrealistic and probably overkill in the opposite direction. Plus then when they release too many high rated cards they shoot themselves in the foot, make everyone 99 and the game is shite to play.

At least before in division games you could push for promotion with a certain amount of wins. Now its all on skill rating which means you generally stay in the same division the whole time, rarely changing. All so "meh".

Think ill go back to clubs and career mode this year and not so much FUT. Already feel bored of it and the game hasn't even come out :lol:
No problem getting a coins either... Yet. Coin boosts have helped at the start.

Look at alot of the objectives, they actually give you bullshit tifos and crap, not coins or packs.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Current Team (PC):

Also have 350K coins and expecting another 50K after Rivals rewards this weekend. (Rank 1 in Div 2)

1. What should I do with my coins? Feel like I should spend them now as prices will probably go up further over the next week or so.
2. How can I upgrade my team? I setup like this in-game and want to replace Alli in particular.

For those who want to know how I got this team. Bought 15K FIFA points on day 1 of the web app and packed Alaba, Dembele, Lucas, Laimer and then some other higher cost players (ASM, second Lucas Moura, Bellerin). Quick sold literally hundreds of low rated players for about 150K and then bought Davies, Goretzka, Neuer, Griezmann and AWB for a combined 150K. (The prices were so low because it was day 1!)

Since then I've sold my leftover players like the Moura duplicate and ASM, won 5/5 placement games then played 30 games in Rivals.

Dave_MUFC

I feel like that tactic to force you to put hours in is aimed at the younger generation, who actually have time on their hands to do that.

For someone with other commitments like myself, I much prefer games where I can jump in for small bursts at a time.

Hoof the ball

The animations :lol:

Those stab passes that eject from the foot with unrealistic velocity.
Those side foot passes where the player literally has hit foot turned fully 90 degrees like a fecking putting wedge.
The amazing new (and ridiculous) agile dribbling. Just more stupid hokey shit that you wouldn't see in a game.
And don't forget the lovely gliding on ice player movements.

Absolute shambles like it always is.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
The iPhone companion app is still not fixed. It stopped me trading for the majority of Fifa 20 and looks like it’s going to be the same this edition.

RonaldoVII

Current Team (PC):

Also have 350K coins and expecting another 50K after Rivals rewards this weekend. (Rank 1 in Div 2)

1. What should I do with my coins? Feel like I should spend them now as prices will probably go up further over the next week or so.
2. How can I upgrade my team? I setup like this in-game and want to replace Alli in particular.

For those who want to know how I got this team. Bought 15K FIFA points on day 1 of the web app and packed Alaba, Dembele, Lucas, Laimer and then some other higher cost players (ASM, second Lucas Moura, Bellerin). Quick sold literally hundreds of low rated players for about 150K and then bought Davies, Goretzka, Neuer, Griezmann and AWB for a combined 150K. (The prices were so low because it was day 1!)

Since then I've sold my leftover players like the Moura duplicate and ASM, won 5/5 placement games then played 30 games in Rivals.
How much cash is 15k Fifa points? And which version of the game did you get?

Nickosaur

I know I have no right to tell people how to spend their money but feck me. FUT has ruined any chance of a good fifa game any time soon.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I know I have no right to tell people how to spend their money but feck me. FUT has ruined any chance of a good fifa game any time soon.
I couldn’t agree more, and yet still people can’t help but spend money on it.

MuFc_1992

I'll have to wait until I get my PS5 to buy this as I currently don't have a PS4 and they don't allow update from PC to PS5

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I played it. First impressions are that it’s shit and almost exactly the same. And usually I do notice any subtle changes in the gameplay and found there have been in previous versions.

If anything it’s somehow even more arcadey. You can play two passes and be through on goal basically every time.

Can’t even start a career mode until they do a transfer update. Cavani isn’t even in the game.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
How much cash is 15k Fifa points? And which version of the game did you get?
Think it was about £90 - and I haven't bought the game, just EA Play access (£15) for now and then I'll get the full game for £35 or whatever the CD keys cost on PC. EA access gave me the Ultimate Team edition.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Just gotta hope that a loot box ban comes into place in the UK. The only chance we have of getting a good game again.