Gaming FIFA 21

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I played it. First impressions are that it’s shit and almost exactly the same. And usually I do notice any subtle changes in the gameplay and found there have been in previous versions.

If anything it’s somehow even more arcadey. You can play two passes and be through on goal basically every time.

Can’t even start a career mode until they do a transfer update. Cavani isn’t even in the game.
Yep. The differences are just the things they tweak to make more viable to create chances. One year finesse shot is stronger, next year its driven, etc. Happy they normalized crossing and heading this year.

Had the 10 hour trial, played about 8 hours of those 10. Wanted to do career mode but again like you waiting for transfer update.

Next year is when I always expected there to be a bigger change anyway, was always low expectations this year.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Made the pre-order for standard edition, got the 10 hour trial. Getting a refund. The game feels better but all the bullshit is still there is spades. This is gonna get exactly the amount of shit 20 did as soon as people get comfortable with it. They fixed literally none of the core gameplay flaws.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Made the pre-order for standard edition, got the 10 hour trial. Getting a refund. The game feels better but all the bullshit is still there is spades. This is gonna get exactly the amount of shit 20 did as soon as people get comfortable with it. They fixed literally none of the core gameplay flaws.
Even the bigger picture. It just does not play like a football match in so many ways. I can play one ball from midfield and I’m through on goal. Every time. The general positions of the players are not accurate at all.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Even the bigger picture. It just does not play like a football match in so many ways. I can play one ball from midfield and I’m through on goal. Every time. The general positions of the players are not accurate at all.
Yeah, it looks like the meta is "Be Liverpool" Get the ball from a CB straight to a rapid striker. Also am I the only one whose DM just stands there scratching his balls not defending thinking he's Rodri. Never runs back, ever.

IrishRick

I can't defend this year. My two center backs always move forward, despite me having em set to stay back and playing a low defensive line. Very frustrating

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Just packed an UNTRADEABLE Haaland. So I guess I’m building a Bundesliga team.

Anyone else done one? Who is cheap. And decent?

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just packed an unreadable Haaland. So I guess I’m building a Bundesliga team.

Is it a Russian or Chinese card or something?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Current Team (PC):

Also have 350K coins and expecting another 50K after Rivals rewards this weekend. (Rank 1 in Div 2)

1. What should I do with my coins? Feel like I should spend them now as prices will probably go up further over the next week or so.
2. How can I upgrade my team? I setup like this in-game and want to replace Alli in particular.

For those who want to know how I got this team. Bought 15K FIFA points on day 1 of the web app and packed Alaba, Dembele, Lucas, Laimer and then some other higher cost players (ASM, second Lucas Moura, Bellerin). Quick sold literally hundreds of low rated players for about 150K and then bought Davies, Goretzka, Neuer, Griezmann and AWB for a combined 150K. (The prices were so low because it was day 1!)

Since then I've sold my leftover players like the Moura duplicate and ASM, won 5/5 placement games then played 30 games in Rivals.
To each their own, but my honest opinion is that those spending money in game like this are such a massive part of the problem. Crazy that 90quid has been spent on packs containing player cards. Not even that, but I know people that spend much more than that too.

EA have released the same game year on year (FIFA and Madden) yet through this Ultimate Team addiction they have created get away with charging an absolute premium for the "new" game then make probably ten times that on in game lottery purchases. Absolute scam.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Is it a Russian or Chinese card or something?
Errrm.. I don’t know :lol: I don’t play UT that much, did it for the first time last year and I packed Messi...

It just looks like a normal gold shiny though? I got it through the objectives, for a gold pack and he was in it

padr81

Supports
Man City
Just packed an unreadable Haaland. So I guess I’m building a Bundesliga team.

How'd you know who it was if you couldn't read the name?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
To each their own, but my honest opinion is that those spending money in game like this are such a massive part of the problem. Crazy that 90quid has been spent on packs containing player cards. Not even that, but I know people that spend much more than that too.

EA have released the same game year on year (FIFA and Madden) yet through this Ultimate Team addiction they have created get away with charging an absolute premium for the "new" game then make probably ten times that on in game lottery purchases. Absolute scam.
I think these packs/lootboxes should be banned by regulators, because they are essentially trying to market gambling addiction to children. But from an adult's point of view, if you stick with the game for the entire year that's potentially hundreds of hours of entertainment. If an adult thinks that's worth spending a hundred bucks, then it's hard to argue against it.

Just packed an UNTRADEABLE Haaland. So I guess I’m building a Bundesliga team.

I packed Hernandez and Piszczek, the former is terrific and will stay in my team even though I'm mostly playing Serie A and Piszczek feels like the light version of him, since he's got 4* weak foot and good attacking stats left over from his RB days he gives you quite a bit of freedom during buildup. Davies probably isn't worth the money strictly speaking, but situationally it has been absolutely great to have an extra winger in attack when he steps forward.

Last edited:

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur

Won't argue with that - as a consumer, I don't mind so much as I only buy FIFA & PES each year and the amount isn't massively significant to me. But as a 'gamer', the concept of your primary esports mode being pay2win and containing heavy scripting and a single meta is extremely discouraging.

Also agree that loot boxes like this should be more heavily regulated.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
First fifa I haven't picked up on release in around 20 years.

Last years was terrible, and the only video I've seen of this years edition was someone juggling the ball from their own area and scoring. Pretty much confirmed I won't be getting it this year.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Won't argue with that - as a consumer, I don't mind so much as I only buy FIFA & PES each year and the amount isn't massively significant to me. But as a 'gamer', the concept of your primary esports mode being pay2win and containing heavy scripting and a single meta is extremely discouraging.

Also agree that loot boxes like this should be more heavily regulated.
Randomised loot boxes should not exist full stop it’s a form of gambling.

Paying extra for specific content is fine if the content is guaranteed with the purchase. Essentially DLC.

If you say to people you can buy fifa coins and they can be exchanged from a catalogue to buy players and each week you can either earn coins or buy coins to buy TOTW etc at least there would be transparency. So 100,000 coins can be bought and used to buy TOTW Watkins or whatever.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I played 4 games online, two against dickhead skill spammers. Won three of them and managed to afford a pack. Got Pepe the CB ffs.

Need that squad update.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Randomised loot boxes should not exist full stop it’s a form of gambling.

Paying extra for specific content is fine if the content is guaranteed with the purchase. Essentially DLC.

If you say to people you can buy fifa coins and they can be exchanged from a catalogue to buy players and each week you can either earn coins or buy coins to buy TOTW etc at least there would be transparency. So 100,000 coins can be bought and used to buy TOTW Watkins or whatever.
Sure - can't argue this and wouldn't complain if this unethical practice was removed entirely!

Baxter

Any sign of the totw today? Its starts at 6PM uk time right?
They release it on twitter as it’s released in games. Can’t remember if they moved it to Thursday but it’ll be 6PM today or tomorrow.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is it shit again? It’s been unplayable for years now. Just not a fun game anymore.

Haven’t enjoyed a Fifa since Fifa 15. Every year they go more “realistic” every year it gets less fun.

AaronRedDevil

Tried to play fifa 20 last night as a goodbye. Best UT I ever had that one. But for the life of me i simply couldn't get a game without lag and lost both my matches. So I just quit and uninstalled it :lol:. I've never had lag that bad in fifa in the last 2 years. Rarely get it.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I generally only play career mode. Hope they have fixed all the problems with that, such as growing a youth player as I work through the leagues and then getting to a point where his wage demands get me sacked or if I cant meet his wage demands I get sacked.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I havent played fifa for about 8 years, but picked up fifa 18 from CEX for 50p on saturday, Really enjoyed the story mode with Alex Hunter, does it continue in the next game?

AaronRedDevil

I generally only play career mode. Hope they have fixed all the problems with that, such as growing a youth player as I work through the leagues and then getting to a point where his wage demands get me sacked or if I cant meet his wage demands I get sacked.
Does that happen? Wow. I’m a CM player myself. Playing FIFA 21, I was in a similar part where the player just wouldn’t talk about the contract and not saying anything for a while. Fecking stupid but whatever. I played the trail, everything seems the same but I like the sim the match part. I started a manager mode with Salford and now in the PL. Thank god for futwiz. It’s hard to recruit since no one wants to join a league 2 team hah.

Smores

Two questions, is the game still 90% about spamming skills so defenders can't tackle? Are most goals still just curled shots at the edge of the box no matter how ridiculous the angle?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Two questions, is the game still 90% about spamming skills so defenders can't tackle? Are most goals still just curled shots at the edge of the box no matter how ridiculous the angle?
Based on my few online games, yes. The second one I'm not sure because I'm not playing until there's a squad update.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
There’s no way they’ve fixed career mode. It’s been broken and shite for as long as I can remember.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
There’s no way they’ve fixed career mode. It’s been broken and shite for as long as I can remember.
I have bought every game since Fifa 95 and I keep hoping against hope. I havent preordered etc this time. I am going to wait and watch lots of reviews which is something I havent done in the past. I doubt I will be buying it which will be a first in 25 years.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I have bought every game since Fifa 95 and I keep hoping against hope. I havent preordered etc this time. I am going to wait and watch lots of reviews which is something I havent done in the past. I doubt I will be buying it which will be a first in 25 years.
I’m pretty much the same. Always end up just getting it anyway, but don’t want to this time. Shame with the new consoles but feck em.

shabz

Fifa 95 - Ryan Briggs comes to mind!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't get my copy till tomorrow, after another year of saying I won't be getting it of course, what are peoples' first impressions?