Gaming FIFA 21

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I swear by than Chang guy as a supersub, 83 goal contributions in 84 games and all have come off the bench and been online. The only better one I've ever had has been Piatti.

Also does anyone else notice Richarlison is so streaky? He either scores 3/4 for me or can barely even control the ball, no in-between.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The objectives for Mukiele.. I wish somebody would just let me get 4 more assists with Upamecano and then they can crack and and do what they want with me :lol:
It's pretty easy if you substitute defenders into attacking positions. I used F. Mendy as a LM and put Amavi's IF (got him from Futchamps) as one of my two strikers. They game looks at what position is on the card, not where they actually play. Corners can help you out, too.

I think these rulebreakers are a pretty nice concept. Like Bundesliga (and France) having nothing except for normal Mukiele or Mbabu made the league borderline unplayable once you're getting to higher budgets. Now they just need to fix the atrocities committed against Gnabry or Sancho and give Haaland some Dribbling or Lewandowski/Kramaric some pace and you can actually build a meta team.
Inaki Williams and Nainggolan (that card is a demon, I upgraded from his regular version and by comparison it feels like cheating how much balls he suddenly intercepts, puts to shame my Valverde, even though that guy more pace and defending stats) as well: La Liga can really use a top tier meta striker and Serie A didn't have a meta CM at all. Others are perhaps a bit more debatable, like Harry Kane getting an Icon card, Bundesliga getting its 10th meta DM or Lazzari with 3*/3* getting a card instead of Politano or say Pedro and Mkhitaryan who could have really interesting versions with their 4*/5*.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Looking at my players stats in career mode and it just isn’t registering anything that happens in the CL. It shows me stats for Europa that I’m not even playing in. Absolutely amateur, man. Some of the issues are so basic it’s a joke.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Ea trying to bribe people to watch their dead events now. Watch 5 hours of dull competitive Fifa for an untradable 100k pack that You can’t actually get until the back end of January :lol::lol:.

Another reason I'm glad I quit, you’ve just got to laugh.

Baxter

Got my 23rd win on the last game today. Disconnected twice while winning and got losses.

Played someone with a 14.5m coin team, and wasn't a pro. How does someone put so much money into the game?!

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Ea trying to bribe people to watch their dead events now. Watch 5 hours of dull competitive Fifa for an untradable 100k pack that You can’t actually get until the back end of January :lol::lol:.

I enjoyed 19 but majorly forced myself to ignore the issues. Then 20 just made it worse for me, buying a game that is no where near finished for £60 and they fix the issues over many months with updates. That is the biggest joke for me, paying for a half finished game.

The game is made now literally for FUT, EA just want to maximise profit over giving the customer an actual completed state of the art football gaming experience.

The online servers were so laggy aswell, I gave up on 2020 two months in and will never play or but FIFA ever again.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How are the menus still laggy. Been like that for years.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Got my 23rd win on the last game today. Disconnected twice while winning and got losses.

Played someone with a 14.5m coin team, and wasn't a pro. How does someone put so much money into the game?!
Sometimes these guys are just streamers. Like this guy:

He went 14-16 in the last weekend league. Apparently he's a variety streamer, I noticed him, because when I was looking for a pro stream his title said he was opening €4000 worth of FIFA points and judging by his current count he must have bought some more. He averages between 20k and 30k viewers doing this so maybe it's actually worth it, but it sure feels surreal to see someone open packs for 12 hours straight.

Baxter

Sometimes these guys are just streamers. Like this guy:

He went 14-16 in the last weekend league. Apparently he's a variety streamer, I noticed him, because when I was looking for a pro stream his title said he was opening €4000 worth of FIFA points and judging by his current count he must have bought some more. He averages between 20k and 30k viewers doing this so maybe it's actually worth it, but it sure feels surreal to see someone open packs for 12 hours straight.
I couldn’t see the guy on twitch or anything but makes sense that might be the case. Suppose if it is their job then it is an investment in content.

I see on the patch today they’ve nerfed the elastico which is a joke in my opinion. Really good for beating low depth and the auto block (which they haven’t merged). Fair enough the chaining was a bit ridiculous but to go for skill moves and not stuff like auto block and team press is mental.

Bojan11

It’s worth it for these Big twitch guys because they right it off as business expense, so helps with tax. Bateson spent probably £20k. But that’s very little to him because he’s making a lot from just doing that.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
It’s worth it for these Big twitch guys because they right it off as business expense, so helps with tax. Bateson spent probably £20k. But that’s very little to him because he’s making a lot from just doing that.
Is he making that much though? He doesn’t get very many views. I’m sure he’s making profit overall, but I feel like a lot of these guys try and deflect from their addiction to spending money on packs as an ‘investment’. Realistically is he gonna get a lot less views if he saves that £20k and instead grinds the game in a road to glory style way with no money put into the game? Surely people would prefer to watch that sort of content

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Is he making that much though? He doesn’t get very many views. I’m sure he’s making profit overall, but I feel like a lot of these guys try and deflect from their addiction to spending money on packs as an ‘investment’. Realistically is he gonna get a lot less views if he saves that £20k and instead grinds the game in a road to glory style way with no money put into the game? Surely people would prefer to watch that sort of content
The viewing numbers would suggest otherwise

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I wouldn't be surprised if EA gave those streamers a discount on their points (or even some free ones), every "INSANE PACK OPENING" session in front of tens of thousands of people probably causes a couple of hundred or thousand of them to purchase some points as well, maybe they can even leverage that into an understanding that overly negative comments aren't appreciated. Hell, i wouldn't be surprised if they gave streamers extra juicy packs, to give their viewers the impression that it's actually worth opening them or to spark the creation of "YOU WON'T BELIEVE HOW INSANE THIS PACK WAS!!" youtube videos.

dannyrhinos89

he’s such a waster, he practically lives for Fifa he’s on it 24/7. He ends up spending £50k minimum By the end of each Fifa Cycle. Thing is It’s a blatant gambling issue and he can’t see it.

I enjoyed 19 but majorly forced myself to ignore the issues. Then 20 just made it worse for me, buying a game that is no where near finished for £60 and they fix the issues over many months with updates. That is the biggest joke for me, paying for a half finished game.

The game is made now literally for FUT, EA just want to maximise profit over giving the customer an actual completed state of the art football gaming experience.

The online servers were so laggy aswell, I gave up on 2020 two months in and will never play or but FIFA ever again.
yeah the same. 19 I could just about bare playing then 20 came and like you I stopped quite early as the game was a broken mess, bad service from EA, constant server issues, broken gameplay.

I still watch the occasional video and the menus are even worse it seems. it’s sad how they constantly neglect other game modes especially career mode that’s basically been untouched for years.

Each new fifa Is just a kit and roster upgrade. It’s still the same broken crappy game year after year.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I can't get my head around why Ultimate team is so popular. People pay circa £50 quid for a game that has all the players ready to go and then pour money into a mode on the game to get these same players in 'packs'. EA must laugh their way to the bank.

What am I missing?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I can't get my head around why Ultimate team is so popular. People pay circa £50 quid for a game that has all the players ready to go and then pour money into a mode on the game to get these same players in 'packs'. EA must laugh their way to the bank.

What am I missing?
You’re right - and it’s probably the main reason why they haven’t released an online version of career mode yet

Shark

@NotShark

What am I missing?
Nothing really, it's a sham. Feel for folks with genuine gambling addictions and parents of kids that play it religiously.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

What am I missing?

I can’t speak for everyone but personally it’s about the level of competition. I played UT when it first came out before it became the behemoth it did but didn’t stick to it.I basically stuck exclusively to clubs (which is great fun but completely ignored by EA) and seasons, which is fun but I found too easy, even in the highest division you could go unbeaten without much effort. I can understand why people like career mode (and like clubs should not be ignored) but I find playing AI mind numbingly dull.

This is my first year playing UT properly and the standard is much better. Playing in div 1 and WL has been really fun, especially after creating a team suited to my strengths at no actual cost. The only money I’ve paid so far has been for the original game and personally don’t see a need for me to spend on any packs. I still would rather EA invest more into clubs (and the other game modes people play) but I’ve enjoyed my first go on UT

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I cannot defend in this game to save my life. I was winning 6-3 against PSG in the 80th minute and ended up drawing 6-6. Tackling is almost impossible.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
he’s such a waster, he practically lives for Fifa he’s on it 24/7. He ends up spending £50k minimum By the end of each Fifa Cycle. Thing is It’s a blatant gambling issue and he can’t see it.

yeah the same. 19 I could just about bare playing then 20 came and like you I stopped quite early as the game was a broken mess, bad service from EA, constant server issues, broken gameplay.

I still watch the occasional video and the menus are even worse it seems. it’s sad how they constantly neglect other game modes especially career mode that’s basically been untouched for years.

Each new fifa Is just a kit and roster upgrade. It’s still the same broken crappy game year after year.
Yeah it's just a money spin because so many people will continue to buy it or buy it for their children and will make so much money from packs on FUT, so EA won't change anything with the game until profits start to fall.

Cypriot

What am I missing?
A gambling addiction.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
A gambling addiction.
To be fair not everyone spends real money on it. When I used to play it I had 3 icons, along with Kante Aubameyang, Kane etc which usually costs a lot of coins. But doing the build challenges allows you to be able to build a good team.

I did build challenges to get my icons, then through getting free packs, got Varane twice and Pogba and Griezmann. Sell them and you make a small fortune to build a strong team.

Dan_F

I cannot defend in this game to save my life. I was winning 6-3 against PSG in the 80th minute and ended up drawing 6-6. Tackling is almost impossible.
You’re not the only one. Haven’t played FIFA online for a year or two, and have been playing Fifa 19 career for 6 months. So I knew dipping into Ultimate Team on 21 would be a nightmare.

Didn’t expect to concede 10 goals! I’m getting better but still regularly concede 4 or 5 a game. I’m sure I’m missing some obvious stuff, but I’m finding it impossible. If I defend the man on the ball they split my static defence with a through ball. If I control a defender and go deeper to stop the run, the AI defender just literally fecking stands there.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian

Is this still going on?
If so how do I watch. I'll just stick it on in the background

LonelyFire

Anyone feel the latest patch has killed the game? Feels like a huge step back for me. I honestly think we’re back to running about with the CDM and letting the AI do everything else stage of Fifa 20.

fergieisold

What am I missing?
I tried it this year for first time, I've gone back to seasons online. I realised I just like playing as United. God knows why! :p

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I tried it this year for first time, I've gone back to seasons online. I realised I just like playing as United. God knows why! :p
Been United loads. Loving the 41212 formation with Rashford n Martial upfront. Can't whack a bit of pace up top on Fifa. Basically all the online game is really.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Did a random sbc and got 86 Lampard from a rare mixed players pack! Just checked and he goes for 350k roughly. Nice.

Shark

@NotShark
Anyone feel the latest patch has killed the game? Feels like a huge step back for me. I honestly think we’re back to running about with the CDM and letting the AI do everything else stage of Fifa 20.
:lol: Same shite as every year by the sound of it, so happy I gave it a miss.

dannyrhinos89

It was playing absolutely fine until the patch. Far more enjoyable than last year but I’ve no idea what they’ve done with this.

They literally do it every single year. I never understand why people dont realise this by now. The game starts off decent then along come the patches which gradually make it worse.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Like real life, if u play any strikers with pace (Mbappe, Williams et al) against Maguire you are royally screwed