Gaming FIFA 21

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I've migrated from PS4 to Switch. If anyone has played it, is the Switch FIFA the same or different from its PS/XB counterparts?

Shark

@NotShark
I've migrated from PS4 to Switch. If anyone has played it, is the Switch FIFA the same or different from its PS/XB counterparts?
I haven't played it but I'd highly doubt its the same, probably plays closer to the mobile version on your smartphone.

Castia

I hear its absolutely terrible.

It's running on a different engine and everything and alot of features are missing. Stay away.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Cover looks like someone made it on Paint.

hobbers

Cover art reflects the amount of effort they actually put into improving the game for once.

Based Adnan

First FIFA in over a decade I won't be buying. Only play career mode these days and they don't give a feck about that game mode.

No Love

I say I'm not gonna buy it, end up buying it, spend couple hundred quid on packs then abandon it cos its shit.

Rinse and repeat.

This time though I'm serious. Not buying it..

I’m with you, man. This could be the first year since.. FIFA 98 that I don’t purchase it. What I realised about FIFA 20 is that it was not fun. I never enjoyed my time on it. At weekends I would smash out 14 wins and be relieved afterwards. I’d go maybe 13-1, 12-2 or something and be glad it was over. Literally, it became something you had to endure. To crown it off, you’d get some 84 rated red card for your endeavour. More I thought about it, the more I realised that wasn’t how I wanted my gaming experiences to be. Ain’t touched ‘20 since.. November. Haven’t missed it and am not excited whatsoever for 21. Besides, there’s bound to be more enticing PS5 launch titles that will be worth playing.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
I’m with you, man. This could be the first year since.. FIFA 98 that I don’t purchase it. What I realised about FIFA 20 is that it was not fun. I never enjoyed my time on it. At weekends I would smash out 14 wins and be relieved afterwards. I’d go maybe 13-1, 12-2 or something and be glad it was over. Literally, it became something you had to endure. To crown it off, you’d get some 84 rated red card for your endeavour. More I thought about it, the more I realised that wasn’t how I wanted my gaming experiences to be. Ain’t touched ‘20 since.. November. Haven’t missed it and am not excited whatsoever for 21. Besides, there’s bound to be more enticing PS5 launch titles that will be worth playing.
Ameen brother.

Superunknown

First FIFA in over a decade I won't be buying. Only play career mode these days and they don't give a feck about that game mode.
I haven't bought FIFA since 2017. Don't regret ditching it one bit. Everything is geared towards Ultimate Team and it's gone down a path that I just can't be arsed with.

New cover looks hilariously bad. My favourite bits are the stupid white and purple text on the left hand side and close to the top. Looks like somebody searched for these pictures on Googles Images, got the first images they could find and pasted them into Word to make a cover, without really caring that there were watermarks or stupid bits of text at the bottom of the picture. Also, the random picture of the goal at the bottom. :lol:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Are they doing anything to the engine/ai/tactics? Or is it just a card-pushing vehicle again?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

And thats how you get a big group of United fans to get addicted to FUT again :drool:

pascell

Are they doing anything to the engine/ai/tactics? Or is it just a card-pushing vehicle again?
The next gen console version will have a new game engine, ps4/xbox1 equivalents will have the current game engine I think I read somewhere.

And thats how you get a big group of United fans to get addicted to FUT again :drool:
Ah bollocks, that's me roped back into leaning towards getting it. Think I'll wait for the next gen version.

pascell

bosnian_red

The next gen console version will have a new game engine, ps4/xbox1 equivalents will have the current game engine I think I read somewhere.

Ah bollocks, that's me roped back into leaning towards getting it. Think I'll wait for the next gen version.
Free upgrade though if you get the PS4 version and FUT transfers over!

Bojan11

FUT coop and Volta confirmed. Good news with more modes. Volta is perfect mode when clubs gets a bit boring at times.

JmRssll555

The new Career Mode features sound genuinely promising (a step in the right direction, at least) and there's apparently more CM news to come in the August 'Pitch Notes'.

Manage Every Moment
New additions create additional depth in matches, transfers, and training to give you more control over your team’s rise to the top.

Experience a whole new way to play out your season with the new Interactive Match Sim. Jump in and out of matches to influence the course of the action, or take charge of key moments including penalties and free kicks to change the outcome of the match. Monitor match data and make changes directly from the sim based on the match stats and your players’ performance levels and stamina.

Manage your players’ development in greater detail with a revamped growth system. Turn right backs into right wingers, defensive midfielders into centre backs, and more to fill gaps in your team, and monitor player attribute changes during training to see how your squad is progressing.
Get more insight into your squad’s performance levels with match sharpness, a new attribute that indicates how likely your players are to perform in the most crucial moments during the course of a game.

Increase your players’ sharpness with a new Active Training System that gives you the ability to set up group training sessions to improve the likelihood of your strikers putting big chances away or of defenders making key tackles.

Plan your team’s training schedule with a new activity management system. Decide when to train and when to rest during the week as you balance your players’ sharpness with morale and fitness to make the difference between winning and losing.

Enhanced opposition AI sees opponents approach games with more intelligence in both defence and attack. New systems create more informed AI decision-making in marking, tackling, passing and dribbling to present you with more challenges during each match and keep your Career fresh from game to game.

FIFA 21 Career Mode enhances transfer realism by providing both human and AI-controlled teams with new ways to sign players. Make Loan to Buy offers with optional or mandatory future transfer fees to secure new talent for your team, and respond to AI manager-initiated player swap proposals as you look to master the transfer market.

Customise your Career Mode with new initial set-up options. Get a more true-to-life experience of negotiating signings on the transfer market with Authentic Transfers, or boost your team’s starting budget to help you build your squad with Financial Takeover.

bosnian_red

Yeah hopefully Volta is actually good. Didn't like there being no real footballers in it, and there wasn't much reason to play it past the initial novelty. Career mode changes too, hopefully its better but we'll see. Hard to get more than 1 season in it and keep it interesting.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
The new Career Mode features sound genuinely promising (a step in the right direction, at least) and there's apparently more CM news to come in the August 'Pitch Notes'.
Genuinely looks like they have bothered for once.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-...&cid=64082&ts=1595519837607#gameplay-overview

So we’ve got Agile Dribbling, Positioning Personality and Creative Runs :lol:
:lol: My God, they’ll still be pulling out these recycled features come Fifa 30.

Posted this last year and I’m expecting one to pop up before release date:

You can predict what bullshit the game changing feature will be every year

Pick one from each list:

Precision
Timed
Total
Perfect
Skilled

Crossing
Shooting
Sprinting
Defending
Heading
Skill moves

Bojan11

For all those hoping for career mode changes they say the same thing every year and nothing ever changes.
It probably be broken more than ever due to Covid. They’d release the usual pitch notes saying they listening.

I bet pro clubs upgrade is they changed the colour of lobby. Crazy how that mode has been ignored for a decade. Could have been something special if they put effort into it.