Gaming FIFA 21

Bojan11

I’d be buying it for pro clubs and maybe a bit of Volta with friends.

Even though pro clubs seems to be the same shit.

COOP fut could be fun. But once again EA wasted another golden chance. Watching 1vs1 competitive is boring. Most the people who watch them are there for free cards. 2vs2 would add a new dimension to it. Would have liked to see @Eddy_JukeZ and another pro vs other players. But apparently you can’t invite two other people for friendlies. You can only play against Randoms, which sort of kills the fun for a lot of pro players as 2vs2 tournaments would be a lot more fun than 1vs1 tournaments. They call it the most social fifa ever but it doesn’t have invite system.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Clubs is the only decent thing about fifa and it’s always overlooked. Sad!

Fix the heading ffs. Crosses have become completely useless, unless your attacker is unmarked with no-one within 10 meters of him, and even then they're impossible to be accurate with.
I actually liked that they were nerfed, even if they did go too far. Sprinting down the wing, aimlessly crossing and heading it in while surrounded by defenders was the bastion of those who weren’t very good at the game. Thanks to this being less effective our clubs team has posted a 450-41 record.

Bojan11

I actually liked that they were nerfed, even if they did go too far. Sprinting down the wing, aimlessly crossing and heading it in while surrounded by defenders was the bastion of those who weren’t very good at the game. Thanks to this being less effective our clubs team has posted a 450-41 record.
Agreed. Running down the wing and crossing doesn’t require any thinking. Anyone could do it. It was annoying in Fifa 14 with Ibra.

Playing down the middle requires a bit more thought.

I just hope they balance pace out. No way should defenders be catching you when you run past them especially with fast players. But they should also balance it so players like the legends they added Xavi or even Pirlo and Scholes are effective as they aren’t the fastest players.

Woodzy

Funny they release that now, because im literally trying to start a new career mode in Fifa 20 and the thing crashes every time I try to start one. Joke.

In fact, they are probably trying to push Fifa 21 ads and wouldn't be surprised if that's causing the issue

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hopefully crossing isn’t pointless in the game as well. The fact that nobody crosses online is a bit of a sign that your game is broken.

Eddy_JukeZ

I’d be buying it for pro clubs and maybe a bit of Volta with friends.

Even though pro clubs seems to be the same shit.

COOP fut could be fun. But once again EA wasted another golden chance. Watching 1vs1 competitive is boring. Most the people who watch them are there for free cards. 2vs2 would add a new dimension to it. Would have liked to see @Eddy_JukeZ and another pro vs other players. But apparently you can’t invite two other people for friendlies. You can only play against Randoms, which sort of kills the fun for a lot of pro players as 2vs2 tournaments would be a lot more fun than 1vs1 tournaments. They call it the most social fifa ever but it doesn’t have invite system.
I was really hoping for 2vs2 FUT Champs. Would be great content.

I guess 2vs2 rivals will suffice for now.

No 2vs2 friendlies is typical EA though. Will be a new feature for FIFA 22 unfortunately.

Bojan11

I was really hoping for 2vs2 FUT Champs. Would be great content.

I guess 2vs2 rivals will suffice for now.

No 2vs2 friendlies is typical EA though. Will be a new feature for FIFA 22 unfortunately.
You get the beta?

@Cascarino you play clubs a lot you get in the beta? Seems like I missed out this year.

Eddy_JukeZ

You get the beta?

@Cascarino you play clubs a lot you get in the beta? Seems like I missed out this year.
Yes I did. I got FUT and Kick-Off.

As long as it's not a FIFA 19 repeat, I'm okay with whatever.

Ideally, I'd want a much better game than 17/18/19/20, but I'll temper my expectations with EA.

Bojan11

Yes I did. I got FUT and Kick-Off.

As long as it's a FIFA 19 repeat, I'm okay with whatever.

Ideally, I'd want a much better game than 17/18/19/20, but I'll temper my expectations with EA.
Nice. Let us know what you think.

Hoping they sort out the tackling. I remember them making statements like last year that when you tackle someone you get the ball. Yet all it did was bounce around worse than the previous year. As running into people is better than using the tackle button, which shouldn’t be the case.

Eddy_JukeZ

Nice. Let us know what you think.

Hoping they sort out the tackling. I remember them making statements like last year that when you tackle someone you get the ball. Yet all it did was bounce around worse than the previous year. As running into people is better than using the tackle button, which shouldn’t be the case.
Yeah I'll post as many thoughts as I can. Not sure if EA will have people agree to a NDA on the beta.

acnumber9

It’s considerably worse that going wide isn’t effective so teams can just park the bus and let their AI do their defending for them.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I'll be honest, the changes to career mode sound really promising to me. Sounds like they have made the transfer market more realistic (although I'll probably add my own personal rules on top). Being able to change positions is a game-changer for someone who loves bringing through my own personal future stars and the growth system sounds encouraging. Also while I won't use the match sim often, its a nice feature to have for someone who usually hates skipping the games. Overall, it's finally good to see some positive changes.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
You get the beta?

Nah sadly not, it may be because I don't think I opted in for EA emails. One of the guys in the club has though so I'll post what he says if it's at all insightful. I want to get into the more competitive modes this year but being relatively wank at normal fifa always puts me off.

It’s considerably worse that going wide isn’t effective so teams can just park the bus and let their AI do their defending for them.
That's a fair point but it works in our clubs favour which is probably why I'm so happy to overlook it. Even when it was really effective to sprint down the touchline and cross one in, our club just never did that. Now that the onus is on intricate passing through the middle and clever team play to create chances, it suits us (our sad little club has been playing together for a decade, the same losers I started playing clubs with in my school days). Some of the fifa from years ago we'd dominate the games but get caught out by a through ball down the side and a cross that shouldn't have been dangerous. Whereas now we know we'll score plenty of goals but opponents will struggle to do the same to us (As you mentioned we play park the bus and have one designated DM and teams rarely score).

I know that the extent of the nerf to heading was too much, I find it even more annoying when it's winning a head in the middle of the pitch. There's literally no reason to play as a tall player whereas in the past it could be fun to switch up styles.

acnumber9

Nah sadly not, it may be because I don't think I opted in for EA emails. One of the guys in the club has though so I'll post what he says if it's at all insightful. I want to get into the more competitive modes this year but being relatively wank at normal fifa always puts me off.

That's a fair point but it works in our clubs favour which is probably why I'm so happy to overlook it. Even when it was really effective to sprint down the touchline and cross one in, our club just never did that. Now that the onus is on intricate passing through the middle and clever team play to create chances, it suits us (our sad little club has been playing together for a decade, the same losers I started playing clubs with in my school days). Some of the fifa from years ago we'd dominate the games but get caught out by a through ball down the side and a cross that shouldn't have been dangerous. Whereas now we know we'll score plenty of goals but opponents will struggle to do the same to us (As you mentioned we play park the bus and have one designated DM and teams rarely score).

I know that the extent of the nerf to heading was too much, I find it even more annoying when it's winning a head in the middle of the pitch. There's literally no reason to play as a tall player whereas in the past it could be fun to switch up styles.
It would be nice if it did lead to more realistic football being played but all it’s done is make people spam ridiculous skill moves and drag backs. Not sure what the gameplay is like in pro clubs but it’s shite in FUT.

Bojan11

Yeah, I didn’t mind playing 5.10 or 6 foot in previous Fifas on clubs. But this years it’s extremely bad as you turn like a truck with those heights in the box. Highest I can go is 5.8.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
When is this steaming pile of shit out?

Cant wait until UK ban FUT transactions — it will be a very enjoyable moment.

Bojan11

When is this steaming pile of shit out?

Cant wait until UK ban FUT transactions — it will be a very enjoyable moment.
I think it’s first week of October.

And yes it will be because EA will then have to make a very good game. Hoping PES can push them next year as they got unreal engine 5 and extra year to develop the game as they not releasing a new game this year. Would be great to have PES back in the fold.

Paxi

I think it’s first week of October.

And yes it will be because EA will then have to make a very good game. Hoping PES can push them next year as they got unreal engine 5 and extra year to develop the game as they not releasing a new game this year. Would be great to have PES back in the fold.
PES is already ahead in gameplay imo — not perfect by any means but much more enjoyable overall. Pity about the lack of option file support for Xbox. Lack of official stadiums and general lazy presentation. Something FIFA does very well. PES also has much more palatable microtransactions.

Any ideas how they will try to circumvent the inevitable ban on gambling?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
It would be nice if it did lead to more realistic football being played but all it’s done is make people spam ridiculous skill moves and drag backs. Not sure what the gameplay is like in pro clubs but it’s shite in FUT.
It is pretty unrealistic in clubs. Drag backs work ridiculously well in the box to create a goal scoring opportunity. Near post finishes seem to me much better than other types of shots so it takes away the variety and fun of mixing things up. I think the teamplay element helps a lot in comparison to FUT though, if an opponent is defending deep and letting the AI do the work you can't really rely on AI teammates for clever movement or to see the pattern, whereas on clubs the multiple players aspect makes attacking in an AI defending deep scenario much less of a headache.

Yeah, I didn’t mind playing 5.10 or 6 foot in previous Fifas on clubs. But this years it’s extremely bad as you turn like a truck with those heights in the box. Highest I can go is 5.8.
Yeah that's exactly what I've found , even when I've gone CDM (as a WB) I've gone no higher than 5.8.

Bojan11

PES is already ahead in gameplay imo — not perfect by any means but much more enjoyable overall. Pity about the lack of option file support for Xbox. Lack of official stadiums and general lazy presentation. Something FIFA does very well. PES also has much more palatable microtransactions.

Any ideas how they will try to circumvent the inevitable ban on gambling?
One of the complaints is that games rating is 3 years old and over. So making it 18 plus is one thing.

Another way they can do it is get rid of the randomisation of packs. You buy who you pay for. If I want Messi then I will pay for him on the store directly from EA. which is something they can do. That removes the whole surprise or gambling element. But that could mess up the whole transfer market as why use that when you can buy the players directly from EA.

Just look at how GTA online does it. You buy cash cards or whatever from them. There’s less complaints about that even though I hate it because you basically get what you pay for. If you want a million dollars then you will get it. There’s no random factor like EA.

Paxi

One of the complaints is that games rating is 3 years old and over. So making it 18 plus is one thing.

Another way they can do it is get rid of the randomisation of packs. You buy who you pay for. If I want Messi then I will pay for him on the store directly from EA. which is something they can do. That removes the whole surprise or gambling element. But that could mess up the whole transfer market as why use that when you can buy the players directly from EA.

Just look at how GTA online does it. You buy cash cards or whatever from them. There’s less complaints about that even though I hate it because you basically get what you pay for. If you want a million dollars then you will get it. There’s no random factor like EA.
Yeah I guess it would take away a certain aspect that keeps it interesting. I mean as an adult, I can make an informed decision to blow a bit of money on meaningless shite but as a kid, it’s obviously a different story and a gateway into gambling.

I personally don’t feel any sort of gratification using shark cards, I bought one and after spending my in-game millions I felt absolutely nothing. I think if players were able to buy their perfect teams it would feel hollow to a certain extent. It’s got the same sort of thing in Pro Evo and whilst it’s good that you can have all the best players, it’s also very easy to achieve and in the end, everyone has messi and Ronaldo in their team.

I wonder will the UK follow Belgium in just banning transactions full-stop. That would certainly be it for fifa UT in UK, because if they make it an 18 rated game, there will still be considerable revenue.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'll be honest, the changes to career mode sound really promising to me. Sounds like they have made the transfer market more realistic (although I'll probably add my own personal rules on top). Being able to change positions is a game-changer for someone who loves bringing through my own personal future stars and the growth system sounds encouraging. Also while I won't use the match sim often, its a nice feature to have for someone who usually hates skipping the games. Overall, it's finally good to see some positive changes.
They said this whilst showing Harvey Elliot going from Liverpool to Chelsea on a loan to buy and a bloke in a flat cap was doing the deal.

Oh and City swapping Zinchenko for Zouma.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
They said this whilst showing Harvey Elliot going from Liverpool to Chelsea on a loan to buy and a bloke in a flat cap was doing the deal.

Oh and City swapping Zinchenko for Zouma.
Hahah fair enough. To be honest I usually start in the lower leagues so I don’t pay too much attention to the top teams.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Yeah I'll post as many thoughts as I can. Not sure if EA will have people agree to a NDA on the beta.
I’ve got a NDA for career mode. Runs out sept 1st I think so I’ll post about it then they’ve watermarked the game too so no screenshots I’m afraid lads!

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
i hate myself because i know i will buy this. Its just that i like football so much that i like trying to replicate it virtually

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Remember when Fifa was unrealistic but really fun? The turn to realism killed the franchise for me. Also, "realistic" to EA just seems to mean slower. I don't want my fecking players turning like 18 wheeler trucks.

It's a no from me. Fifa 10 was the last one I genuinely enjoyed.

Woodzy

Do people genuinely think it's realistic? I don't think it's close. Still has that ice skating feel to it.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
i hate myself because i know i will buy this. Its just that i like football so much that i like trying to replicate it virtually
If you like career mode and they don’t change a lot you’ll love this one!
Do people genuinely think it's realistic? I don't think it's close. Still has that ice skating feel to it.
Much improved this year honestly. Not allowed to go into specifics but this is the first time I’m genuinely excited and impressed by the improvements on the pitch and in terms of career mode depth.

Hoof the ball

Just the basic animations in Fifa bother me. For eg, when a player makes a side footed pass, the foot is literally at a full 90 degree angle in the game like a fecking golf putting wedge. It's a shambles.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
If you like career mode and they don’t change a lot you’ll love this one
Nah, AI doesn't do it for me. I primarily play fut and rivals, but the game seems made to make you buy fifa points at any cost, like if you get a good winning streak, you get matched again seriously good people (doesn't matter if youre in division 7 or 2) and even then if you give a good fight, all the rebounds go to your rival and your defenders feet suddenly become jelly

R77

Remember when Fifa was unrealistic but really fun? The turn to realism killed the franchise for me. Also, "realistic" to EA just seems to mean slower. I don't want my fecking players turning like 18 wheeler trucks.

It's a no from me. Fifa 10 was the last one I genuinely enjoyed.
I found 09 not long back and put it on my laptop. Great iteration for a united fan, one of our best ever teams. Anderson grows to 98! Far too easy, even on the highest difficulty and playing with the keyboard. Lots of fun though.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I found 09 not long back and put it on my laptop. Great iteration for a united fan, one of our best ever teams. Anderson grows to 98! Far too easy, even on the highest difficulty and playing with the keyboard. Lots of fun though.
Yeah, I’m more someone who just likes to play against friends & the older more arcade style FIFA’s were so so fun. The new games try way too hard to be like real football they just aren’t fun anymore & honestly are mostly just frustrating to play.

If we ever play Fifa these days we go mad with the sliders haha. The default ones are a chore & everyone moves so slow.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
If you like career mode and they don’t change a lot you’ll love this one!

Much improved this year honestly. Not allowed to go into specifics but this is the first time I’m genuinely excited and impressed by the improvements on the pitch and in terms of career mode depth.
Forgive me if I take your post with a rather large pinch of salt after you said this about FIFA20

I really hope speed wise they don’t change it. Much more deliberate now and it means you can only use pace in appropriate areas wide or in behind not through the middle of a packed midfield.

Defending is a real adjustment but it’s so much more realistic.

Good positioning>Tackling I’ve found particularly in career mode.

Sounds silly but it feels a lot more realistic playing as United clearly the strengths lie out wide with the pace and trying to play through the middle doesn’t work

Shark

@NotShark
Early impressions. I really, really like it.
Until it launches and EA's servers routinely combust to the point the delay and lag makes you want to throw your TV out the window. Buying another Fifa title on the current gen consoles is just a massive waste, although my hopes aren't too high for next gen either.