Gaming FIFA 22

No Love

Congratulations. I did PL prime players and got fecking Kovacic but I did it in hope of pulling on of the big boys from PL, even though I run a La Liga team. La Liga players are pretty worthless so no reason to pick La Liga prime players over PL.
Funnily enough, my thought process was quite similar. I was using a La Liga team as well. I’m playing the 442 with the DMs, so I might try to build a bit of a hybrid with Casemiro and Rodri in midfield. Both of them are exceptional at winning the ball back! Then possibly Ronaldo and Griezmann up top.

What team are you running in the 3421?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Funnily enough, my thought process was quite similar. I was using a La Liga team as well. I’m playing the 442 with the DMs, so I might try to build a bit of a hybrid with Casemiro and Rodri in midfield. Both of them are exceptional at winning the ball back! Then possibly Ronaldo and Griezmann up top.

What team are you running in the 3421?
I would start a new team. Spend couple of quid on packs to add to him and enjoy the game this year. He’ll do you for the whole year.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm proper dogshit. Can't defend, can't shoot, can't dribble.

Everyone I play against seems to be constantly pressuring my players, feck knows how. It's batshit crazy.

Also, I see the skills bullshit is back.

Maybe I'm too old and I should be Scrabble or something.
do you buy it every year? I’ve not played a FIFA since 18 so I’m telling myself it’s because I need to relearn how to play the game. Im getting by on world class difficulty against the AI unless I come up against a team miles better than mine and I really struggle. Haven’t ventured into proper online gameplay until I sort out defending because I know I’ll get proper angry.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
What’s this about FIFA and EA falling out? Rumours are FIFA looking for a new developer and FIFA22 might be the last as we know it

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What’s this about FIFA and EA falling out? Rumours are FIFA looking for a new developer and FIFA22 might be the last as we know it
Yeah they've already registered EA Football FC or something like that. Probably a name change next year.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
do you buy it every year? I’ve not played a FIFA since 18 so I’m telling myself it’s because I need to relearn how to play the game. Im getting by on world class difficulty against the AI unless I come up against a team miles better than mine and I really struggle. Haven’t ventured into proper online gameplay until I sort out defending because I know I’ll get proper angry.
Skipped the past 2 years and played about 20 hours of the one the year before.

Defending just seems too difficult. L2 to defend, but then they speed past, I use R2 and all my guy can do is run, no jockey or tackle, he is useless when running.

I can't even block simple passes because my blokes refuse to stick a leg out. Also, the opposition make lovely triangles when they have the ball, and my defenders mark absolutely feck all.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Think I'm done with this game until they bring back relegation.

Getting smashed every single game isn't fun anymore. I've not won a game in my last 10 now.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Think I'm done with this game until they bring back relegation.

Getting smashed every single game isn't fun anymore. I've not won a game in my last 10 now.
Just move on from ultimate team? Seasons is great fun at the moment because the first few divisions are a breeze!

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I feel like I preferred Cancelo to Walker, anyone tried both? My mind is saying use Walker as he is faster, stronger, and better defensively stats-wise but my heart is saying Cancelo.

Santos J

I feel like I preferred Cancelo to Walker, anyone tried both? My mind is saying use Walker as he is faster, stronger, and better defensively stats-wise but my heart is saying Cancelo.
Aye, I went back to Hakimi eventually but was trying both Cancelo & Walker and Cancelo definitely felt better for me, obviously not as fast and strong but just feels a lot smoother on the ball than Walker did.

I much prefer Cancelo - but I have both full-backs on balanced and rely on them for overlapping, so that makes a big difference. If I was using stay-back then Walker would be more viable...but I'd still probably opt for Cancelo as he's much better in tight situations against a high press.

So I packed Ronaldo this evening! Got him in the Prime PL Players pack. Couldn’t quite believe it!
Nice one.

Just did mine and got Kovacic. Continuing a bad run of pack luck. Gone 39-1 the past two weeks and my best red has been Raphinha (who's a decent bench option tbf) and I haven't had a tradeable TOTW over 84 :(

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Okay I'm selling Walker guys, I have Cancelo untradable. Very soon and I'll have Allison, Robertson, van Dijk, Varane, Cancelo. Should really stop leaking goals and get to rank 1.

Noc-Z

ffs
I packed Salah earlier. Not sure how I got the pack. Must just have been objectives. As I didn't buy any packs since the ones I got with the game.

I'm not sure how best to split my team between UT Squad Battles and Champions.

Also the only SBC I can really do is the one where you trade in a team of golds for 2 gold cards. The others just look too difficult/expensive to do.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Just move on from ultimate team? Seasons is great fun at the moment because the first few divisions are a breeze!
yeah I’ll try seasons again. I’m in division 8 at the moment as I’ve not played it much but the reason I stopped playing that is because everyone uses PSG.

as for UT I am in a division I just can’t compete in, I went on a lucky run and now I’m stuck playing people who are clearly better than me, The annoying thing is I coasted division 4 but division 3 I simply can’t win no matter what.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
That FIFA and EA split is actually huge news, probably deserves a thread of it's own.

FIFA currently searching for a new developer to make a big new football game to compete directly with EA. Sounds like the perfect time for 2K to finally enter the fray.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
That FIFA and EA split is actually huge news, probably deserves a thread of it's own.

FIFA currently searching for a new developer to make a big new football game to compete directly with EA. Sounds like the perfect time for 2K to finally enter the fray.
Yeah, but are 2K willing to pay a stupid amount to be allowed to do it? FIFA can feck off tbh. Not one penny of that £1bn would go anywhere near anywhere it should do.

Just used to line pockets of the corrupt.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
EA makes such huge money with their FIFA series, because they have no competition and because of Ultimate Team. I don't see why another developer would be willing to pay a licensing fee that EA themselves aren't willing to pay to keep the status quo going. Anyone new would have to split the market with EA and compete with a very established product. And politicians slowly seems to be cracking down on FUT's profits as well.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Why the feck does your formation change if you change to attacking or something else? Can't they just press more and stuff?

Also why can't my keeper catch feck all? :lol: no matter who I put in goal they think they're playing volleyball the knobheads.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Why the feck does your formation change if you change to attacking or something else? Can't they just press more and stuff?

Also why can't my keeper catch feck all? :lol: no matter who I put in goal they think they're playing volleyball the knobheads.
Changing formation via tactics was actually one of the best things EA have done in the past few years - before changing formation via tactics was a thing, every single match would start with someone pausing so as to change their formation to their liking.

If you go to custom tactics on the squad page you can adjust these to your liking - and then in game on the fly if you're chasing or defending a lead you can change as needed easily.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Changing formation via tactics was actually one of the best things EA have done in the past few years - before changing formation via tactics was a thing, every single match would start with someone pausing so as to change their formation to their liking.

If you go to custom tactics on the squad page you can adjust these to your liking - and then in game on the fly if you're chasing or defending a lead you can change as needed easily.
Does it affect every squad, or just the squad youve changed it on at that time? I got confused when trying to do it before

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Does it affect every squad, or just the squad youve changed it on at that time? I got confused when trying to do it before
Just the squad you're currently using. Each squad has their own set of custom tactics. I've got 4 different formations and tactics set up, and then the one I use for chem is obviously the balanced at the start.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just the squad you're currently using. Each squad has their own set of custom tactics. I've got 4 different formations and tactics set up, and then the one I use for chem is obviously the balanced at the start.
I'll give it a go, any tips on how to beat super keepers?

Or win a header?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Basically it allows you to put any player you want into any position and they'll keep the chemistry they started on.

For instance, right now in my starting lineup I have Matthaus CB and Desailly CDM - but when I change my tactics / formation, they swap places and both will be on 10 chemistry still. Does that make sense?

Cloud7

Is there a chance then that we might get a football game made by someone that isn't EA? I would be all for that

Cloud7

EA makes such huge money with their FIFA series, because they have no competition and because of Ultimate Team. I don't see why another developer would be willing to pay a licensing fee that EA themselves aren't willing to pay to keep the status quo going. Anyone new would have to split the market with EA and compete with a very established product. And politicians slowly seems to be cracking down on FUT's profits as well.
A company that makes a football game with a good, interesting single player career mode that they actually try to develop and improve would be amazing.