Gaming FIFA 22

izzydiggler

I’m old and have been playing FIFA since the Mega Drive original…just looking at the thread from the past few days makes it sound like a sticker collection simulator now, rather than actually playing a game of football.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I’m old and have been playing FIFA since the Mega Drive original…just looking at the thread from the past few days makes it sound like a sticker collection simulator now, rather than actually playing a game of football.
Career mode is decent, but still not quite good enough. My player is a DM through and through and yet I'm locked in to whatever style the club wants to play every game of every boring boring season, which is now in a midfield two with McTominay. Forget that when he's actually played as the sole DM for Netherlands he absolutely storms games.

I have zero interest in UT because I highly doubt I can get ten minutes of uninterrupted gaming before someone in the house needs something from a high shelf/fell out with their boyfriend/got locked in the larder again, and it feels like everything else is just added extras for that game mode.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Finishing in this game sucks unless you finesse it from 25 yards out then it goes into top bins with the keeper rooted to the spot.

LonelyFire

Finishing in this game sucks unless you finesse it from 25 yards out then it goes into top bins with the keeper rooted to the spot.
Timed finishing is the way forward but the window to time it is small and the shooting animation seems inconsistent which is making it even harder to time.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
PS5.

That is insane luck. Enjoy the coins :D
To make matters even worse I got Bruno from a 2 rare gold players pack last night from objectives. My first owner team is now insane to say the game has been playable for less than a week...

IF Salah - IF Toney
Havertz
KdB Bruno
Soucek
Chilwell Godfrey Romero Pereira
Mendy

Not bought a single player or FP besides what you get for ultimate.

AaronRedDevil

Had nothing but bad lag in the last 10 games I’ve played. Can’t seem to catch a break. Never had lag this bad in years. Normally fifa is pretty solid for me.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
The game is pretty dead already. Without a promo player to grind for there’s nothing to do.

rivals isn’t worth the time needed anymore because of how they changed it, now the rewards are pathetic. I’ll never qualify for champs so that’s out of the question so what’s left to do?

P-Nut

The game is pretty dead already. Without a promo player to grind for there’s nothing to do.

rivals isn’t worth the time needed anymore because of how they changed it, now the rewards are pathetic. I’ll never qualify for champs so that’s out of the question so what’s left to do?
I'm quite enjoying rivals, up to div 6 and the champs points aren't too slow anymore, plus a couple wins in a row sees you fly up the divisions. Went from 8 to 6 just playing about 5 or 6 games

dannyrhinos89

I'm quite enjoying rivals, up to div 6 and the champs points aren't too slow anymore, plus a couple wins in a row sees you fly up the divisions. Went from 8 to 6 just playing about 5 or 6 games
I've got to Div 7 rivals but I’ve just been playing the menus all morning really,

I didn’t mind playing loads of rivals games last year though because EA were quite generous with packs but now it’s really not worth it.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I think this is one of the worst Fifa's I have played I must say. I can't wait till the patch.

P-Nut

I've got to Div 7 rivals but I’ve just been playing the menus all morning really,

I didn’t mind playing loads of rivals games last year though because EA were quite generous with packs but now it’s really not worth it.
They don't seem too bad once you get up the divisions. Jumbo rare player packs for playing 7 games a week once you get there isn't bad at all. Between that and FUT champs I'll be sweet.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
seasons is ok so far I’m in Div 8 but 90% of people uses either united or PSG. It can get tedious facing

Neymar - mbappe - Messi

rashord - Ronaldo - sancho

every....single...game.
Yeah that’s why I’ve stopped playing it. Even when I put matchmaking to restrictive and picked Villa or West Ham I would still get to play against PSG/Liverpool.

I am playing career mode now with United. Hope I don’t lose interest as quickly as I had in the past. Gameplay does feel okay on PS5.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
:lol: you basically just want FIFA 21 with new squads I take it?
Not really, just think the goalkeeping situation is a complete mess as is the reaction speed of forwards compared to defenders.

I play at quite a decent level, and Ive found a way around it but it is silly that I have to keep playing this way in order to actually match my "xG".

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Not really, just think the goalkeeping situation is a complete mess as is the reaction speed of forwards compared to defenders.

I play at quite a decent level, and Ive found a way around it but it is silly that I have to keep playing this way in order to actually match my "xG".
I think it's the best it's ever played. Still has some of the same flaws as always, but it's not just bang a through ball and chase it anymore.

Finesse shots in the box are broken, keepers are hit and miss, they sometimes just fill the goal basically.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I think it's the best it's ever played. Still has some of the same flaws as always, but it's not just bang a through ball and chase it anymore.

Finesse shots in the box are broken, keepers are hit and miss, they sometimes just fill the goal basically.
What game mode do you usually play?

And I hope for the day that will never come, were you can't invest money into the game. People have complete teams in week 1 and I'm sure not everyone packed Mbappe or Ronaldo.

P-Nut

I'm the same as you, sure I still get annoyed when I'm trying to switch player and its giving me anyone but the player I want, but the actual gameplay is so, so much better than any previous one. You have to build attacking plays rather than just out running people with a through ball over the top.

Played someone earlier who just spammed through balls to wingers all game and had Mbappe, Neymar and Messi. Beat him 6-1

Giggsy13

I think the only joy I’ll have with United this season is on fifa 22! We look like shite!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I did get caught cold earlier by Dembele who scored from kick off and then another in 5 minutes so I was 2-0 down instantly. Annoying as I was clearly the better player and got back to 2-2 only to get robbed in the last minute of the game. My ExG was 5 to his 2. Common theme for me is far higher ExG than goals, I just can’t seem to nail the finishing.,

RedDevilRoshi

I'm the same as you, sure I still get annoyed when I'm trying to switch player and its giving me anyone but the player I want, but the actual gameplay is so, so much better than any previous one. You have to build attacking plays rather than just out running people with a through ball over the top.

Played someone earlier who just spammed through balls to wingers all game and had Mbappe, Neymar and Messi. Beat him 6-1
That’s encouraging to hear. What’s the AI like if you play offline? Tempted to pick this up on Friday. I didn’t buy last years game as had given up on EA fixing the gameplay and just seeing the game rot away.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
That’s encouraging to hear. What’s the AI like if you play offline? Tempted to pick this up on Friday. I didn’t buy last years game as had given up on EA fixing the gameplay and just seeing the game rot away.
Miles better than last year. The AI can actually defend and have more variety in starting their attacks. I’ve enjoyed my career mode thus far. Also being able to make your own club is a fun twist too

Hoof the ball

That's basically this thread repeated ad-infinitum.

I'd love to see some goal uploads or something interesting, or a story about someone's career mode instead of the 1,000th TOTW post. It's tedious as hell!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Just packed Salah. Second 400+ k player so far. Going to invest him into fodder. Hopefully get 2 million coins back from that and another 500k I have invested.

1.3 million I’ve packed so far after spending 4600 coins plus £22 out of my own money. For once, luck has been on my side this fifa.

AaronRedDevil

That's basically this thread repeated ad-infinitum.

I'd love to see some goal uploads or something interesting, or a story about someone's career mode instead of the 1,000th TOTW post. It's tedious as hell!
Well I have some amazing conceded goals on page 9 here. Enjoy.

Eddy_JukeZ

Just packed Salah. Second 400+ k player so far. Going to invest him into fodder. Hopefully get 2 million coins back from that and another 500k I have invested.

1.3 million I’ve packed so far after spending 4600 coins plus £22 out of my own money. For once, luck has been on my side this fifa.
Enjoy. I wish I had that luck.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I’ve just packed Ferland Mendy. Futbin reckons he goes for about 130k currently. Am I better selling him now or waiting for the full release? Are we expecting a price rise ?

muller

Is this game still 90% geared towards ultimate team and online play? Any actual improvements other than a slightly different packet of cards?

I used to buy fifa and madden religiously until they stopped actually putting any work into anything other than making money.

dannyrhinos89

packed Werner again this morning from rivals rewards. Nice little 40k there.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Is this game still 90% geared towards ultimate team and online play? Any actual improvements other than a slightly different packet of cards?

I used to buy fifa and madden religiously until they stopped actually putting any work into anything other than making money.
It feels like the same game since I last played it, which was FIFA 15.

lilcurt

How is the game for those who won't touch FUT?

Is there online ranking for just playing with normal teams against others?

How is manager mode?

After 2 years away after what can only be described as a FUT addiction, I want to dive back in but not touch ultimate team one bit. Is there still a game here for me? Or is all effort out into this single mode?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
How is the game for those who won't touch FUT?

Is there online ranking for just playing with normal teams against others?

How is manager mode?

After 2 years away after what can only be described as a FUT addiction, I want to dive back in but not touch ultimate team one bit. Is there still a game here for me? Or is all effort out into this single mode?
I'm strictly a Be A Pro player so far and haven't played the game in years, but the career mode just feels identical to six years ago. Gameplay has improved a lot and it doesn't feel like it's as buggy as it used to be, but there's feck all to do outside of boost your stats in training and play games. I think it's going to get boring after a few seasons. There's no sense of achievement because the most you'll get is a little screen at the top saying "Pidgy Wins Cnut of the Year". You'd think after all this time they'd be able to create more dynamic commentary tailored to your player or even a Personal Life mode (even FIFA Manager had that a decade ago).

Haven't tried the manager career mode yet but the Create a Team looks fun.

muller

Thanks for the replies.

I was a big fan of franchise mode on Madden a few years ago, before it turned ultra generic and boring.I liked their be a pro mode too, and fifa's equivalent - but I am excited to see what create a club looks like (like i am for the create a team on F1).

I really dislike the FUT, so wont be starting on that.

lilcurt

I'm strictly a Be A Pro player so far and haven't played the game in years, but the career mode just feels identical to six years ago. Gameplay has improved a lot and it doesn't feel like it's as buggy as it used to be, but there's feck all to do outside of boost your stats in training and play games. I think it's going to get boring after a few seasons. There's no sense of achievement because the most you'll get is a little screen at the top saying "Pidgy Wins Cnut of the Year". You'd think after all this time they'd be able to create more dynamic commentary tailored to your player or even a Personal Life mode (even FIFA Manager had that a decade ago).

Haven't tried the manager career mode yet but the Create a Team looks fun.
That's not good to hear. I only really want to play manager career mode like the old days and online (but with actual teams rather that FUT).

Maybe wait until Christmas unless I can find a few YouTube reviews of those modes.

In other news. Just seen a review of the Hot Wheels game and that looks bloody brilliant. Launches tomorrow!