Film Film Projects you'd like to see get made

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Which pieces of source material would you most like to see get made into a film? How would you structure it? One film, two, or even a trilogy? Who would you have direct it? Do you have a writer in mind? What about casting?

I'll lead off with a Star Wars movie. Not promising so far, I'll give you that. But I have always wanted to see an R-Rated Darth Vader movie that somewhat stands alone from the rest of the universe to give you freedom of casting and some latitude in the stroytelling. Kind of like they did with Joker and Joaquin Pheonix.

My film would be directed by who I consider to be one of the best director's working today, and a real Sci-Fi auteur, Denis Villeneuve (Dune, Blade Runner 2049, Arrival, Sicario, Prisoners). The screenplay would be written by another sci-fi demi-god in Alex Garland (Sunshine, Dredd, Annihilation, Never Let Me Go, Ex-Machina, Men, Devs). To play the role of a heavily disfigured and tortured Annakin SkyWalker/Darth Vader I would look at actors such as Michael Fassbender, Oscar Isaac, and Christian Bale. But my mind is far from set on that. The film would focus on the years between ROTS, and ANH; and be primarily driven by the internal torture of Annakin Skywalker as he increasingly succumbs to the brutality of becoming Darth Vader, and the horrors he commits as he completes his metamorphosis.

What say you film critics? Is that a film you would be excited to see? What are your ideas?

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I'll lead off with a Star Wars movie. Not promising so far, I'll give you that. But I have always wanted to see an R-Rated Darth Vader movie that somewhat stands alone from the rest of the universe to give you freedom of casting and some latitude in the stroytelling. Kind of like they did with Joker and Joaquin Pheonix.
@Sweet Square

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Anyone who has read World War Z will agree that they massively fecked up what should have been the best zombie movie of all time and that it needs doing again properly, but probably as a tv show.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Captain Bumface and the Evil Bumface Army

Directed by Christopher Nolan and starring Vin Diesel as Captain Vin Bumface - the legendary WW2 fighter pilot who accidentally flies into a wormhole and is transported to the year 3232. In the realm of Bumtopia, he discovers that all isn't as it seems. For starters: everyone has a bum for a face and they all have the second name Bumface. But Captain Vin Bumface is different, because he has the face of Vin Diesel wearing a Michael Caine papier mache mask.

Soon he finds himself flying for his life as the bumfaces try to steal his face-protecting Michael Caine papier mache mask so that they can turn his Vin Diesel face into a bum, bringing a fateful end of his life that reflects his unfortunate but foreshadowing surname.

But Captain Vin Bumface refuses to accept this fate because the Michael Caine papier mache mask was given to him by his dying three year old daughter (portrayed by Michael Caine wearing a Ben Kingsley mask) and he would rather die than lose it to a planet of alternate reality bumfaces. It's time to start wiping some turds up!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Remakes shouldn’t be allowed of already successful films… Only of films that were spectacular failures and thus could be genuinely improved - Waterworld, Cats, the Adventures of Pluto Nash, etc.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I'd like JJ Abrams to do a Remains of the Day reboot. There's potential to make it into a whole multiverse packed with frustrated butlers.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Would like to see the makers of The Expanse given the chance to finish that off properly.

stevoc

A proper big budget Julius Caesar movie and that Hannibal of Carthage movie that was rumoured about 10 years ago.

Amarsdd

Metal Gear Solid - it will be bonkers but I'd love to see it as a movie

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Chuck Palahniuk wrote a book before Fight Club called Survivor which I always thought would make an amazing movie. I think it was in development then got canned because of 9/11 (there’s a plane crash in it).

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
my favourite books as a teen were the power of five by Anthony Horowitz. I think they’d have been great as a tv series or movie adaptation. Much better than the Alex Rider stuff.

Chairman Steve

Watchmen adapted by David Fincher

Cormac McCarthy’s Blood Meridian by Alfonso Cuaron

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Whaaaaaat?! Really?!

EDIT: Feck yeah!!

EDIT PART DEUX: Been in production for ages. No news for the last two years. That doesn’t look good :(
Hopefully just a covid blip. Jones is one of those creators that tends to have the clout to push his vision through thanks to his and his dad's name. He's also genuinely good at what he does! Feels like a project that just needs an A list name attached to get it across the finish line.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I have been totally stripped of any hope of this courtesy of the Rings of Power, but an adaptation of The Lay of The Children of Hurin by someone like Robert Eggers or Miguel Sapochnik would be otherworldly.

Goldfiessli

Supports
FC Basel
I used to love the Bartimaeus books as a teenager. Would like to see a tv show/movie for nostalgia's sake.

Sweet Square

Oppenheimer - Directed By Paul Verhoeven
Nolan your a nice lad but leave behind the cameras and let the real artists take over.

Queen of Our Times: The Life of Elizabeth II - Directed By John Waters
Biography of the royal family during Elizabeth 2 reign. The King of Filth is the only one who can really capture this family of sickos(The film must be at least 3 hours long).

Solaris - Directed By Claire Denis
Stanisław Lem book has been done twice before and produced two great films but imo the story is made for a woman director and lead(Ideally Juliette Binoche or
Vicky Krieps).

A Team/Metal Gear Solid TV Show - Hideo Kojima

Bad Lieutenant(Redcafe Remake) - Sadfie Brothers
It's the season final day of the 2011/12 season and @TheReligion is in deep with manchester biggest loan sharks, and has just bet the mortgage on United winning the league.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Hopefully just a covid blip. Jones is one of those creators that tends to have the clout to push his vision through thanks to his and his dad's name. He's also genuinely good at what he does! Feels like a project that just needs an A list name attached to get it across the finish line.
Maybe. Although the whole Warcraft thing didn’t seem to work out the way he wanted. Which he seems to have been tainted with a bit since. Hopefully this all works out. I like him and I like Rogue Trooper.

Irwin99

Without a doubt the story of Hannibal Barca should get a film (tv series more preferable), as it's just made for a gripping drama based on the source material of the Greek historian Polybius. You have his crossing the Alps with 50,000 mercenaries, the invasion of Italy, his three crushing victories against the Romans, one of which is hailed as the greatest military masterpiece of the ancient world, and his eventual defeat by the Romans who copied his tactics and beat him after luring him away from Italy and back to Africa. You also have a master/protege thing with Scipio, the Roman general.

AaronRedDevil

Colonial Marines but it’s with Dinosours. Kinda like Dino Crisis. I’d kill for another Starship Troopers

AaronRedDevil

Without a doubt the story of Hannibal Barca should get a film (tv series more preferable), as it's just made for a gripping drama based on the source material of the Greek historian Polybius. You have his crossing the Alps with 50,000 mercenaries, the invasion of Italy, his three crushing victories against the Romans, one of which is hailed as the greatest military masterpiece of the ancient world, and his eventual defeat by the Romans who copied his tactics and beat him after luring him away from Italy and back to Africa. You also have a master/protege thing with Scipio, the Roman general.
He was my thought aswel. Complete badass. I think Idris Elba is trying to get it made.

acnumber9

Which pieces of source material would you most like to see get made into a film? How would you structure it? One film, two, or even a trilogy? Who would you have direct it? Do you have a writer in mind? What about casting?

My film would be directed by who I consider to be one of the best director's working today, and a real Sci-Fi auteur, Denis Villeneuve (Dune, Blade Runner 2049, Arrival, Sicario, Prisoners). The screenplay would be written by another sci-fi demi-god in Alex Garland (Sunshine, Dredd, Annihilation, Never Let Me Go, Ex-Machina, Men, Devs). To play the role of a heavily disfigured and tortured Annakin SkyWalker/Darth Vader I would look at actors such as Michael Fassbender, Oscar Isaac, and Christian Bale. But my mind is far from set on that. The film would focus on the years between ROTS, and ANH; and be primarily driven by the internal torture of Annakin Skywalker as he increasingly succumbs to the brutality of becoming Darth Vader, and the horrors he commits as he completes his metamorphosis.

What say you film critics? Is that a film you would be excited to see? What are your ideas?
That’s what Disney should’ve done as a series instead of Obi Wan. Seems like such an easy show to make successful.

TheReligion

Abusive
Bad Lieutenant(Redcafe Remake) - Sadfie Brothers
It's the season final day of the 2011/12 season and @TheReligion is in deep with manchester biggest loan sharks, and has just bet the mortgage on United winning the league.
:lol:

It has legs this. Get myself on the policing detail for the QPR game. Pitchside.

Im definitely putting a bullet right between Aguero’s eyes just as the ball drops to him.

The little twat.

CallyRed

Ive had this vision for a movie about a bus that had to speed around a city, keeping its speed over fifty, and if its speed dropped, it would explode. Even got a title for it , The Bus That Couldn’t Slow Down.

Gavinb33

The Voldermort years - a spin off series or bunch of films starting with Voldermort's rise ro power and recruitment of the death eaters and his battles against the order of the phoenix etc

The Passage trilogy by Justin Cronin - I know they tried to make this a while ago but I'd love to see someone have another crack at it, one of my all time favourite series of books

CallyRed

The Voldermort years - a spin off series or bunch of films starting with Voldermort's rise ro power and recruitment of the death eaters and his battles against the order of the phoenix etc

The Passage trilogy by Justin Cronin - I know they tried to make this a while ago but I'd love to see someone have another crack at it, one of my all time favourite series of books
Yeah I've thought they easily could do this. Maybe not movies but a series would be good.

Sweet Square

Im definitely putting a bullet right between Aguero’s eyes just as the ball drops to him.

The little twat.
:lol:

Surprisingly enough the alternative ending to Bad Lieutenant which never got filmed(Due to money and rights issues)was Harvey Keitel character running onto the Mets baseball pitch in an attempt to shoot Darryl Strawberry!