Gaming Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4, PS5) | Put discussion of chapters etc in labelled spoilers as people will be at different points

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Feck, I've just learnt that I should have talked to the kid in chapter 14 before going up to the Shinra tower and now i don't think I can get the leviathan battle. I was so sure I did everything before heading up. I'm up to the point now where I've just saved Red 13 from Hojo. This is probably the first chapter where I think they might have drifted a bit too far from the original. It's getting kind of messy. I'm still having fun but i'm concerned where it's heading
Depending how far you've gone you should still be able to talk to Chadley in Hojo's Lab (the bit where RedXIII jumped through). The battle with Leviathen is unlocked after you've done a certain intel mission. But it's only a minor thing and as Raw says you can always load up and get it when you've finished the game.

Raw

I just found out that pressing R1 while setting materia will let you set them for all your party members at the same time. What a huge time saver, wish I figured it out earlier!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Managed to finally do the final Shinra VR Challenge. Bahamut and Ifrit is a bastard. The Pride and Joy Prototype was surprisingly easy though. Rewarded with an accessory which starts your character off in battle with their limit break in full which will be handy.

Heading back to Chapter 3 now to redo the rest of the game on hard difficulty.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I just found out that pressing R1 while setting materia will let you set them for all your party members at the same time. What a huge time saver, wish I figured it out earlier!
I discovered that fairly soon into the game thankfully! Took me to around Chapter 4 to realise you can have a minimap though :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Closest I got was 43-44 then I gave up.
So you've not done it/trying it again at a later time? Think for my own sanity I'll do the other sidequests then try it again a couple more times and if no dice then I'll work on doing the rest of the game and go back to it later.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
So you've not done it/trying it again at a later time? Think for my own sanity I'll do the other sidequests then try it again a couple more times and if no dice then I'll work on doing the rest of the game and go back to it later.
I will go back to it when I reach that part again on my second playthrough.

padr81

Supports
Man City
feck pull-ups.

That is all.

I'm up 20 to 18 in first round then lose 44 to 40 in second.
Its almost impossible to beat him when he does 44 but once in every 10 or so games he'll fall twice and only get 42. I pretty much always get exactly 43. You'll get him eventually.

Damien

Staff
Its almost impossible to beat him when he does 44 but once in every 10 or so games he'll fall twice and only get 42. I pretty much always get exactly 43. You'll get him eventually.

Yessssss. Get fecked Jules. I managed to get up 22 to 18 in the first round, then I fell three reps into the second round and almost threw my controller across the room. Managed to get 22 to 18 again on the next attempt then just won from there. I think that was the first time he ever got 42. Was always 44 with slight chance of 43.

SuperiorXI

Only after you beat the story, then replay chapter 14 to get another chance at them.
Cheers.

These chapters annoyed the piss out of me, probably the worst chapters so far. Full of time wasting exercises that add nothing to the game. Here's hoping the next chapter is good, it should be.

Woodzy

Haven't finished the chapter yet but this is probably the first in the game I found more difficult than usual, in particular the Aerith and Tifa sections. Currently on the Rufus fight and can't lay a scratch on him (or his damn dog), any tips?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Haven't finished the chapter yet but this is probably the first in the game I found more difficult than usual, in particular the Aerith and Tifa sections. Currently on the Rufus fight and can't lay a scratch on him (or his damn dog), any tips?
Focus on Darkstar first as he’s a nuisance. Make use of the Punisher counter then when the dog is gone I found Focused thrust worked well against Rufus. It’s a patient fight this one but it was one my favourite ones.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Yessssss. Get fecked Jules. I managed to get up 22 to 18 in the first round, then I fell three reps into the second round and almost threw my controller across the room. Managed to get 22 to 18 again on the next attempt then just won from there. I think that was the first time he ever got 42. Was always 44 with slight chance of 43.
Congrats!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I usually hate people boasting about video game skills, but I won the pull ups thing on the 2nd try.

Who wants my autograph.

leviathan killed me about 6 times though. That was brutal.

Damien

Staff
Congrats!
Thanks!

I usually hate people boasting about video game skills, but I won the pull ups thing on the 2nd try.

Who wants my autograph.

Now that is impressive. Well done.

I'm kinda the same but got a developmental disability which affects my coordination so always pleased when I can manage something like the gym challenges. The dancing on Chapter 9 when I go back to it is probably going to be one of my biggest problems unless there are sound cues which make it easier. The first time I played it I didn't have volume on.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Who wants my autograph.

Didn’t find him too bad personally, Barret is very handy in that fight.

Raw

Pay attention to how many shots he has to fire before reloading. Dodge them and smack him while he's reloading to stun him. You can also cast fire on him to stun him too.

Also yeah as what was said above, take care of his dog first.

Art Vandelay

Thanks!

Now that is impressive. Well done.

I'm kinda the same but got a developmental disability which affects my coordination so always pleased when I can manage something like the gym challenges. The dancing on Chapter 9 when I go back to it is probably going to be one of my biggest problems unless there are sound cues which make it easier. The first time I played it I didn't have volume on.
I don't think there are sound cues, but as I proved it's entirely possible to get the trophy by accident. I had no idea what was going as I was busy hoping it didn't awaken anything in me. It seemed to be more forgiving than the squats.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I'm a bit confused about how to get all the summons. I don't know what to do to get the missing battle intel I need.

Gehrman

How many have you done? Where you upto?
I've completed the game. I think I have all the reports apart from 12, 13 and 15.

I''m not sure how to increase stagger bonus to 200% in report 12 or how to trigger refocus 2 times in report 13.

I don't know how to unlock 15.

Raw

I've completed the game. I think I have all the reports apart from 12, 13 and 15.

I''m not sure how to increase stagger bonus to 200% in report 12 or how to trigger refocus 2 times in report 13.

Report 12: Get Tifa to activate Unbridled Strength twice, then when an enemy is staggered (preferably one that takes a long time to stop being staggered) and use her triangle moves to increase stagger. If it's still not enough, you can use her True Strike ability which raises stagger by 60% (unlocked with the Purple Pain weapon).

Report 13: Equip the Refocus materia on anyone, and once they get their Limit break use Refocus. Just repeat it once more.

Report 15 is a summon that should be unlocked once you've done the previous two.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

To increase stagger % use Tifa’s True Strike. Fat Chocobo is good to get it on as he stays staggered for a while.

Refocus is a limit break which splits your ATB into 3, so you just need to put the Materia on one of your characters then use it when they get their limit break.

Think the others unlock when you do those.

Gehrman

What chapter is best to farm xp after you've beaten the game?

Raw

What chapter is best to farm xp after you've beaten the game?
The colosseum in Chapter 14. Get the EXP up materia, choose the 3 vs Shinra Warriors fight and put it on easy mode. Stick a fire elemental materia on your sword and smash through it with ease with triple slash. You'll level up in no time. Get an AP Up materia too and take advantage of the crazy amounts of AP you get too.

Gehrman

To increase stagger % use Tifa’s True Strike. Fat Chocobo is good to get it on as he stays staggered for a while.

Refocus is a limit break which splits your ATB into 3, so you just need to put the Materia on one of your characters then use it when they get their limit break.

Think the others unlock when you do those.
Thanks mate

padr81

Supports
Man City
Not gonna lie, after you kill the dog he's fecking tough. I found that running around letting atb build up and cycling between triple slashing him and megapotions got the job done safely but slowly. Cost me about 20 mega potions though.

Woodzy

Thanks for the help with Rufus, nailed him first try. fecking hell though, The Arsenal just took 5 years off my life.

Gehrman

The colosseum in Chapter 14. Get the EXP up materia, choose the 3 vs Shinra Warriors fight and put it on easy mode. Stick a fire elemental materia on your sword and smash through it with ease with triple slash. You'll level up in no time. Get an AP Up materia too and take advantage of the crazy amounts of AP you get too.
Where do you get the exp materia?

Woodzy

Finished it, loved it, but it did get absolutely mental towards the end in true modern Final Fantasy fashion, and i'm just confused now.

I don't remember the original enough to know how much has changed, but obviously the last two chapters were mostly a big jump and I think they crammed a lot in there to make an epic conclusion to this specific game instead of 'hey look, you've left Midgar now'.

From here, with that ending it looks like they are just giving themselves some license to change whatever they want from the original story and in all likeliness, play with us a little in terms of Aerith's death later in the story.

Either way, not too arsed what they change. The original will always exist, and as long as this series is enjoyable and the story is good then they can do what they want with it.