Gaming Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4, PS5) | Put discussion of chapters etc in labelled spoilers as people will be at different points

Art Vandelay

the scene where it’s revealed that the avalanche bomb is a dud and it’s Shinra that blows up the reactor. Also having sep/jenova as the last boss which I guess is a good move in some ways as it sets up the rest of the game

PS Don't read if you don't want to know. Avoiding spoilers is gonna be tough enough as it is.
The second one is what worried me. I fear they are going to go overboard with Sephiroth and the whole game will be Cloud versus Sephiroth with no room to breathe in between that. The first bit I did not know about and I'm not sure I like the implication of it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I still don't get how they're going to drag Midgar out for ~20 hours without it becoming a total bore.

Unless the game is only like 8-10 hours long which will be shit because it's a fecking RPG and it costs AAA price.

Raw

I still don't get how they're going to drag Midgar out for ~20 hours without it becoming a total bore.

Unless the game is only like 8-10 hours long which will be shit because it's a fecking RPG and it costs AAA price.
They're gonna add original content to pad it out, I hope it turns out good and it's in service of the main story and not some tacked on shit that becomes irrelevant in future discs.

Plus I imagine having a lot more of Midgar being explorable will naturally add more game time. You're barely above the slums in the original.

GazTheLegend

You’re kidding???

Midgar is literally one of the best things about FF7!!

Irwin99

20 hours? I thought this was meant to 60 + hours.

They should have ended this part at Kalm. It would have been great to end it with Cloud’s very distorted story of the incident 5 years previously .

Art Vandelay

They're going to chuck a load of Sephiroth and Jenova nonsense in early doors I reckon. Midgar was great, but I don't see padding it out working out well. There's also this thing where they talked about adding some sort of fate ghosts or something.

When is the demo supposed to be out?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Could be done if they diversify the city enough. There's enough of a base story there all they need to do is flesh it out with additional content.
it's Square Enix though. Additional content to stretch out the game would be fetch quests and collectibles and terrible side quests and constantly running around the same places for things, it would be awful. We'd essentially get FF 15 all over again, which isn't a bad game, but isn't what a FFVII remake of Midgar should be.

Woodzy

It still doesn't sit right with me that they are releasing the game in parts tbh.

Irwin99

I hope they make the expanded Midgar depressing as hell like it seemed in the original. One of the things I loved about the original is the train ride early on in the game where Barret explains that the slums barely see any natural light at all thanks to the big pillars in the sky. I loved the gloomy music that played as well and how squalid the city felt.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It still doesn't sit right with me that they are releasing the game in parts tbh.
Me neither. Too focused on squeezing as much money out of consumers to be an amazing game at this point I feel. The game will either be 10 hours long or have a 10 hour long story with 40 hours of time wasting sidequests.

SuperiorXI

I hope they make the expanded Midgar depressing as hell like it seemed in the original. One of the things I loved about the original is the train ride early on in the game where Barret explains that the slums barely see any natural light at all thanks to the big pillars in the sky. I loved the gloomy music that played as well and how squalid the city felt.
One of my favourite parts of the entire game is where the train is going round the track and the camera pans out to reveal the slums, such a great gaming moment. I hope they pretty much replicate everything about it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Thread title can be changed to 10 April 2020. It has been delayed.

Lame.

Irwin99

Not that I claim to understand ‘the biz’ but you have RE3 and CyberPunk coming out the same month . Isn’t this delay going to harm the sales even slightly?

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
People have waited 10-20 years for this, they can wait a few weeks more.

Irwin99

Just been told it’s being released now on Good Friday. Coupled with the RE3 and Cyberpunk release dates it seems a really odd release date. Wouldn’t be surprised at another delay.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Think you might be forgetting one, there.
Not that I claim to understand ‘the biz’ but you have RE3 and CyberPunk coming out the same month . Isn’t this delay going to harm the sales even slightly?
Just been told it’s being released now on Good Friday. Coupled with the RE3 and Cyberpunk release dates it seems a really odd release date. Wouldn’t be surprised at another delay.
Cyberpunk delayed to September

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
One of my favourite parts of the entire game is where the train is going round the track and the camera pans out to reveal the slums, such a great gaming moment. I hope they pretty much replicate everything about it.
I remember, that was awesome, I was 16 years old and it just blew me away!

Irwin99

Got to be honest....that looked REALLY good. Exceeded my expectations with Red. That's exactly how I thought he should sound.

Cloud as a woman looked great too :drool:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Have they confirmed where the game will end? Pretty sure I saw the boss in the Junon water there and that Jenova encounter could have been the one on the ship..?

Edit: Actually the Jenova encounter is definitely from Shinra HQ.

Last edited:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Have they confirmed where the game will end? Pretty sure I saw the boss in the Junon water there and that Jenova encounter could have been the one on the ship..?

Edit: Actually the Jenova encounter is definitely from Shinra HQ.
I assumed the serpent was Leviathen as clearly a lot of the summon materia’s will be available in Midgar. Jenova fight will be the one just after meeting RedXIII.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I assumed the serpent was Leviathen as clearly a lot of the summon materia’s will be available in Midgar. Jenova fight will be the one just after meeting RedXIII.
Good point RE the summon. I'd be shocked if they don't end the game right after the flashback to Nibelheim at Kalm. There's too many unanswered questions after escaping from Midgar.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Good point RE the summon. I'd be shocked if they don't end the game at the flashback to Nibelheim. There's too many unanswered questions after escaping from Midgar.
I think they’ve confirmed it ends in Midgar. I just hope we don’t have a long wait for part 2. A lot of the work for the game will be done such as character design etc. So I’d like to think it’ll be a year at most.

Irwin99

Good point RE the summon. I'd be shocked if they don't end the game right after the flashback to Nibelheim at Kalm. There's too many unanswered questions after escaping from Midgar.
I was thinking that the Kalm story and flashback might actually make a good tutorial introduction for part 2 but then surely that wouldn't be needed as most people would play part 1? The young Cloud could be guided by Sephiroth who introduces him to materia equipping and battle commands etc.

I would love it if the Nibelheim flashback was introduced earlier though as it would pad this game out a bit.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
That new trailer. Feck me, Im so hyped. Please God, no further delays.