Final: Italy vs England

Roane

Yes, but italians made it popular.

Curry was invented by portuguese merchants, still people think it's indian.
Curry wasn't invented by the Portuguese. When they went to India they saw folk eating a "stew" like dish and asked what's that. The reply was khari or karil.

Curry as a word may have been the Brits

shahzy

Im an Aussie but ive been all aboard the coming home wagon. English fans are absolute wanker fans, thats why im all aboard the train. Im talking about the ones we see on TV, shirts off drenched in beer and then after the game they are down at the pub. Thats why im a fan ahaha.

In terms of the game. I think this will be very cagey. Italy have a slow as hell defence. They will be scared of Sterling and Saka/Sancho's pace in behind. They will sit back and concede possession. I reckon they try and play on the counter. England have the perfect counter for that, Kyle Walker. It doesnt matter what you think of his skill on the ball or whatever, his defensive cover he brings two fairly slow centrebacks in Maguire and Stones is invaluable. This allows Shaw to bomb forward and be the attacking one of the two wing backs.
I think this is actually a better match up for england compared to if they were playing Spain who would outpossess the life out of england and tire out the front the three. Goodluck to both teams and hopefully its a great game and a great achievement by both to get to the final.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
England will be the team playing on the counter and that's probably how Southgate would want it.
Their midfield will dominate the game, no question.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
If England win this it will be Sir Gareth Southgate and he will be the English manager for at least ten more years.

Sancho7

I honestly think England are going to make this game look easy.

People are going on about England’s midfield, but Phillips and Rice have been fantastic, they’ve got the better of the likes of Modric/Kroos/Goretzka, why do people think Jorginho and Verratti are going to be so different?

I can’t see how Italy can hurt us attacking wise, there’s only Chiesa who looks like he could be a threat, Immobile is a CF our CB’s don’t deal with every week in the Premier League, mid to lower team clubs have a CF on the level of Immobile, that’s not being disrespectful, I’m sure everyone can agree he’s no elite striker like a Lukaku or Benzema who I would fear.

The only other thing Italy have going for them is their CB’s, who are great, but same as Roy Keane said, they could prove to be their weakness. I honestly cannot see how they can handle the pace we have for 90mins (possibly 2 hours), if Saka gets tired, we can bring fresh legs on such as Rashford/Sancho, can they handle that for possibly 2 hours?

I honestly think this game is going to go a similar way to what the game did Italy vs against Spain, Italy playing a lot of hoof balls, most of the play inside the Italian half, but Spain not knowing how to unlock the Italian defence, England have a lot more weapons to unlock that defence, I’m going for 2-0 England.

I think England have already faced bigger obstacles and threats than Italy in Germany and Denmark, I’d have my money on any one of those beating Italy.

dbs235

Am i the only one who hasn't had this sink in yet? Doesn't feel real.
I think what's even more surreal is we've pretty much breezed our way to the final, 10 scored and only 1 conceded, and now have a great chance in the final, almost to the point where it just doesn't feel like England anymore, it feels like something else.

djembatheking

Am i the only one who hasn't had this sink in yet? Doesn't feel real.
It is brilliant, I was born in1966 so I`ve never been here before and though it is going to be tough as Italy are a really good side with plenty of big game experience it is great to be even getting to the final and with a bit of luck and a good run of the green we are in with a chance . What a buzz.

TrustInOle

I think what's even more surreal is we've pretty much breezed our way to the final, 10 scored and only 1 conceded, and now have a great chance in the final, almost to the point where it just doesn't feel like England anymore, it feels like something else.
This could well be it, it has sure been surreal following England throughout this Euro's, from only letting one goal in up to the final, to Muller missing a massive 1v1. Its like the commentator said, things like this don't normally happen for England in tournament football! Lampard's, (maybe Gerrard's?) Goal against Germany that 'never crossed the line" comes to mind.

Come Sunday I'll be a nervous wreck, especially during buildup :lol:

ShinjiNinja26

To all the non English CAF residents how would you rather England lose, in the most controversial fashion possible or just a straight up hammering?

TrustInOle

It is brilliant, I was born in1966 so I`ve never been here before and though it is going to be tough as Italy are a really good side with plenty of big game experience it is great to be even getting to the final and with a bit of luck and a good run of the green we are in with a chance . What a buzz.
What a wait! I hope the lads bring it home! Just thinking England are in a Major Final doesn't feel real yet though, just such a brand new feeling.

Kaos

To all the non English CAF residents how would you rather England lose, in the most controversial fashion possible or just a straight up hammering?
A Chiesa dive in the 96th minute with 4 footballs on the pitch leading to a penalty. An entire floodlight being shone on Pickfords face during the penalty while Chiellini slots home the penalty while mouthing “lads, it’s England”.

djembatheking

What a wait! I hope the lads bring it home! Just thinking England are in a Major Final doesn't feel real yet though, just such a brand new feeling.
It would be magic. I remember saying to a mate after Italia 90 that we`d never see England win a trophy, probably never get to a final and he told me not to be daft. He phoned me when we beat Denmark to remind me about it, I haven`t seen him for about 10 years but we keep in touch. It would be great if the boys bring it home but even if they don`t it gives an old boy a bit of hope for the future. Good old Southgate.

Eternitiy

118th minute.

That swagger. That athleticism. That technique.

Italy haven't a chance.

TrustInOle

It would be magic. I remember saying to a mate after Italia 90 that we`d never see England win a trophy, probably never get to a final and he told me not to be daft. He phoned me when we beat Denmark to remind me about it, I haven`t seen him for about 10 years but we keep in touch. It would be great if the boys bring it home but even if they don`t it gives an old boy a bit of hope for the future. Good old Southgate.
Cracking story! I'll be sure to send an extra congratulations message if we win :D In Southgate we trust! COME ONE ENGLAND!

Reiver

Probably the most controversial way possible. Perhaps to an exact replica of the penalty given for England against Denmark, obviously going to Italy though. We would then see how many people defend it as the correct decision. Also with 2 balls on the pitch and a laser pen shone at Pickford. I haven't given it much thought really.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
1-0 to Italy with a late penalty that is clearly a dive would be brilliant.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

118th minute.

That swagger. That athleticism. That technique.

Italy haven't a chance.
Let's thank the special one for his powerful words of advice that made Luke Shaw the player we see today.

Thanks, Ole, you massive legend.

Trequarista10

Im an Aussie but ive been all aboard the coming home wagon. English fans are absolute wanker fans, thats why im all aboard the train. Im talking about the ones we see on TV, shirts off drenched in beer and then after the game they are down at the pub. Thats why im a fan ahaha.
Good lad. I lived in Australia for two years and picked up the habit from yous of using "c*nt" as a greeting/compliment, e.g. "he's a good c*nt", "alright c*nt".

Got me in some bother when I came home.

Josep Dowling

Probably the most controversial way possible. Perhaps to an exact replica of the penalty given for England against Denmark, obviously going to Italy though. We would then see how many people defend it as the correct decision. Also with 2 balls on the pitch and a laser pen shone at Pickford. I haven't given it much thought really.
Sounds like you have thought about it. Blatantly ignoring the stone wall penalty on Kane not given.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
England will be the team playing on the counter and that's probably how Southgate would want it.
Their midfield will dominate the game, no question.
Indeed. In fact in the Denmark game, England were often bypassed midfield with long balls to the forwards, then relying on winning the next ball. Surprisingly, Shaw has been one of our most creative players. But normally more in the 2nd half.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I said before the tournament started that we'd lose the final and go on to win the World Cup in Qatar. I will obviously be so so gutted if we don't win it now but I don't think I'll be as heartbroken as I was in 2018 if we end up losing to a quality Italy side.

Bosws87

Not sure how this one goes, think it will be really close.

I'm glad it's not Spain as i think they would of passed us off the park, i think with Italy we are more 50/50.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Not sure how this one goes, think it will be really close.

I'm glad it's not Spain as i think they would of passed us off the park, i think with Italy we are more 50/50.
Yeah but Spain would never score and then lost in pens. Italy are far more dangerous than Spain.

Bosws87

Yeah but Spain would never score and then lost in pens. Italy are far more dangerous than Spain.
I'm not saying Italy will be easy its just a style of play thing, like united are fantastic against teams that come at us not so great against teams that sit back.

I just personally feel we would of been schooled by the Spanish

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
There's beauty in the suffering. This lads will be far more memorable and loveable as losers.
That's only in controversial circumstances, not hammerings.

Hmmm, if it's a Germany 7 - Brazil 1 style three goals in like 10 mins at Wembley it would be quite something as well.

Never going to happen though. It's Italy and a striker named Immobile.

It's a can't win for a neutral. England win and you'll never hear the end of it. Lose in controversial circumstances? Same, look at the Hand of God. Penalty heartache? God, I spent about a decade hearing that one. Maybe another VAR feckup win is best.