Finally...The RedCafe Top 50 Video Games Of All Time - Brought to you by Duffy, not Duffer

Which countdown should we do next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Shame on you! It deserves to be on top 10 ony for this scene:
]
I agree, I'd have put it in my top 15 for sure if I didn't mind having my list full of about 3/4 game series. 4 and 7 both would have been above it though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Feck I didn't vote. If deus ex doesn't win I'm burning the caf down.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This is getting shitter and shitter. 8 above 6! Are you fecking kidding me?

Give me the heads of those who voted 8 higher than 6.
I would have put most FF's on if i could have but i felt it was only fair to put my personal favourite (Not necessarily in terms of it's level as a game) and that is 8.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Redlambs missed the deadline by at least 300 seconds. Punctuality is the basis of our online civilisation.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Rome Total War criminally low. And holy shit I forgot to vite for KotOR!

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Errr I had this at number 2!
You put...

Super Mario 3 - This was the turning point for platformers of the time and what they are now.

Didn't realize you meant this, no biggie, give me a few mins.

Duffy

Redlambs missed the deadline by at least 300 seconds. Punctuality is the basis of our online civilisation.
:lol: To be fair I did include him, just didn't put the full title of the game, so it slipped through the net.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

Cina

@Duffy there is no way KOTOR at #39 is accurate dude, it's likely far closer to 1, looking at all the votes.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
You put...

Super Mario 3 - This was the turning point for platformers of the time and what they are now.

Didn't realize you meant this, no biggie, give me a few mins.
Deus Ex - Greatest all round game ever developed. Technically, gameplay, story, sound...you name it, this has it.
Half Life - Introduced epic shoot-out moments to fps games, one of the biggest advancements either.
System shock 2 - Should be further up, as a fps/rpg hybrid second only to DX.
Morrowind - A masterpiece of old school rpg and in-depth world lore.
Mario 64 - Original and still the greatest 3D platformer ever made. Will never be topped.
Zelda: A link to the past - Utter beauty.
Elite - Another original and still the best moments. Even from the 80's.
Paper Mario 64 - Amazing game. Super Mario RPG introduced Nintendo to square, this though was the pinnacle of that series to date. Play it.
Zelda: Ocarina of time - Say no more.
KOTOR: Best star wars game that isn't academy.
FF 6: Absolute masterpiece. 7 appealed to the masses, and the later ones did good things to the magic system, but this was the finest hour.
Thief 1: Still one of the best sneaking games to date.
Goldeneye: Obvious.
Halo 1: Moved the genre forward much like HL1 did. The last big A.I leap too.
Turrican 2: In this age of graphics over everything, Turrican reminds us that you can be technically superior to everything else in all ways, and still create genre defining moments that last.
Super Metroid: One of the 16-bit era's finest moments.
Streetfighter 2: Talk about basically starting an entire genre. Yeah there were previous fighters, but this just moved everything forward in leaps and bounds.
Eternal Darkness: Still one of THE most underrated games of it's time.
Psycho Fox: Yeah Mario 3 and Yoshi's island and the likes took platform gaming to a whole new level each time, but this game still stands shoulder to shoulder. It's 'sequels' are worth a shout too.

And a shout out to Alan Wake which I just noticed made it 21 sadly :( One for this generation and criminally overlooked.
Straightforward enough! ;) :lol:

Duffy

Right no biggie, I'm rechecking, 50-41 still count and are ok by the looks of it, will rework Star Wars and continue the countdown either later or tomorrow.

Cedric

Back in the newbies for reeducation
"KOTOR"

How am I meant to know what KOTOR is? You come in late, post your list in riddles and in some random format :lol: Give me two mins I'll add it in!
*cough* I wrote knights of the old republic and was in time *cough*

Anyway, I can imagine getting all this together is a massive pain in the ass, thanks for it!