Firmino

Yagami

Good post resistant
There was an image posted a while back that showed he made the most tackles and interceptions from all of the forwards in the league since the beginning of either 2015 or 2016.
It probably still stands to this day. He's in the ilk of Fekir, Alexis, Tevez who bring so much more to a team on top of their quality on the ball. It's why I haven't used his lack of goals in recent seasons against him. He's a very good player.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
If he keeps this form up, he'll earn that transfer away to a big club, just like Luis and Phil.

J_Red 11

He's not a goal poacher striker or target man and can't expect him to be a player who waits for chances or player who scores 20+ league goals in consistent every season, he's more a false 9 striker or second striker who likes to drop deeper and create chances for other players. He's very quality player in that role. Very suitable in Klopp system, Pep system and also the way how Zidane has been using Benzema in the same role.

The way how Klopp's Liverpool has been playing, I doubt they need type of natural goalscorer striker. That's why strikers like Sturridge & Benteke aren't highly rated in Klopp's view.

Leuthen

He (Mane) was brilliant on the right side last season but Klopp moved him to the left to accomodate Salah which is why his form has drastically dropped
Nah, not true. Mane was brilliant on the left side at the beginning of the season, even got Player of the Month award in August, scoring in first three PL matches before his red card.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Nah, not true. Mane was brilliant on the left side at the beginning of the season, even got Player of the Month award in August, scoring in first three PL matches before his red card.
It's pretty lazy analysis tbh.
We've changed our shape this season and Mane plays a lot deeper on the left even compared to earlier on in the season.
His touch and passing are off for sure but the lads still churning out end product.

RooneyLegend

Firmino is very underrated. Good to see him play great this season. Needs to show this kind of play for the NT though. He has been pretty average to poor for us.
He's improved a fair bit this season and is looking more and more comfortable with his role by the season. He's become quite the complete forward.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
after a dodgy start, he's been having a world class season so far. 21 goals in all competitions. Only Kane, Aguero and Salah have scored more. I could see him hit 30 this season, which is crazy considering he is not even our primary goalscorer.

Our most important player. His allround play his amazing.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
after a dodgy start, he's been having a world class season so far. 21 goals in all competitions. Only Kane, Aguero and Salah have scored more. I could see him hit 30 this season, which is crazy considering he is not even our primary goalscorer.

Our most important player. His allround play his amazing.
I've had a man crush on Firmino since I started following Bundesliga in 13/14. He's a terrific player and a very under rated player in the league imo. You'd often hear people swoon over Salah and Coutinho, but Firmino's work rate is fantastic and his technical ability and vision is out of this world. He did struggle initially, but I think fans fall into the trap of expecting every player to hit the ground running straight away when the reality is that moving to a different club, country and league with a different language is a very daunting and difficult thing to do. Didnt help that Rodgers was throwing him out on the wing.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Quietly been our second best player this season. Really suits Klopps style like a charm with his insane work rate, technical ability and goals. Doubt he would he would be as good if he played in another system, though.

DreamIsh

Supports
Liverpool
He’s like a far far better version of Dirk Kuyt.

Kuyt had a great shot on him but wasn’t particularly quick, strong or skilful.

Firmino is the same but has all the above talents

NJM78

Wanted him back when we were strongly linked to him as he was really impressive in Germany, we ended up with Depay instead. Good times.

Hate to say it but I wanted Mane too.

Liverpool have a very good team. Think this Keita looks a good buy, get a top keeper in and another CB to partner VVD they will be formidable.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Wanted him back when we were strongly linked to him as he was really impressive in Germany, we ended up with Depay instead. Good times.

Hate to say it but I wanted Mane too.

Liverpool have a very good team. Think this Keita looks a good buy, get a top keeper in and another CB to partner VVD they will be formidable.
Even if Keita hits the ground running, I'd say we're still a good midfielder short. Milner/Henderson/Wijnaldum/AOC/Can aren't good enough to be two parts of our three part midfield puzzle. AOC might get there, though.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I've had a man crush on Firmino since I started following Bundesliga in 13/14. He's a terrific player and a very under rated player in the league imo. You'd often hear people swoon over Salah and Coutinho, but Firmino's work rate is fantastic and his technical ability and vision is out of this world. He did struggle initially, but I think fans fall into the trap of expecting every player to hit the ground running straight away when the reality is that moving to a different club, country and league with a different language is a very daunting and difficult thing to do. Didnt help that Rodgers was throwing him out on the wing.
i'm not sure you should call it a man crush considering he looks like a lesbian.

Number1

Gone under the radar a bit with Salah, but on 21 goals this season, the guys brilliant.

People laugh at Liverpool on here, but well jealous of their forward line, best in England for me. They are my dark horses to win the Champions League this season, but honestly think they'll be the team to challenge City next season more so than United with Keita coming in and 1 or 2 more other signings.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Wonderful footballer.
Klopp was spot on, the absence of Coutinho has made everything Firmino does stand out that bit more to the casual/neutral observer.
So much talent.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'm still sceptical, and just waiting until he turns shit again before I comment. At least I can still sort of have a go at Can. :nervous:

B20

Supports
Liverpool
He’s like a far far better version of Dirk Kuyt.

Kuyt had a great shot on him but wasn’t particularly quick, strong or skilful.

Firmino is the same but has all the above talents
In terms of style, I see him as a hybrid between Kuyt and Bergkamp. Not as slow or lacking in technique as the former and not as much vision or technique as the latter. But he combines the workrate and intelligent movement of Kuyt with much of the creativity and 'forward' playmaking of Bergkamp.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
OFFICIAL: Firmino NOT charged by FA.

I wonder if this means Holgate just lied to get out of a red/yellow card?
However, we are completely satisfied that the allegation was made in absolute good faith by Holgate and that there is no suggestion of this being an intentionally false or malicious allegation.

We continue to take all allegations of discrimination extremely seriously and would encourage all participants who believe that they have been the subject of or witness to discriminatory abuse to report this through the appropriate channels. Holgate and Everton followed the proper process by reporting the matter to the match officials at the time and subsequently to The FA.
It's not always black or white.

bebeanderson

Wtf was that celebration. He pretended to take off his shirt and said "no no" like some stripper teasing us or something. It would be hilarious if it counted as a yellow and he was sent off and suspended for next round.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Wtf was that celebration. He pretended to take off his shirt and said "no no" like some stripper teasing us or something. It would be hilarious if it counted as a yellow and he was sent off and suspended for next round.
He used to always take his shirt off then stopped so maybe that’s why, but honestly his celebrations are always a bit out there.

I love what he does off of the ball. It seems pretty crucial to the way we play.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
He used to always take his shirt off then stopped so maybe that’s why, but honestly his celebrations are always a bit out there.

I love what he does off of the ball. It seems pretty crucial to the way we play.
I think he used to get booked when he scored and took his shirt off. He's a great player too.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's a brilliant player. Perfect modern day false 9/CF. Without him, Liverpool's style of play would be greatly compromised. Could imagine him doing well next to a Ronaldo.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I was unfortunate enough to hear Mickey Quinn on Talksport on about Rashford's situation at United. Valueless and irritating though I find most media analysis about United (with Talksport's brand of shockjock reaction bait particularly low) I was struck by Quinn's assertion that if Rashford were to leave he'd have him to replace Firmino. What has he been watching this season that makes him think this particular move would suit Liverpool?

B20

Supports
Liverpool
I was unfortunate enough to hear Mickey Quinn on Talksport on about Rashford's situation at United. Valueless and irritating though I find most media analysis about United (with Talksport's brand of shockjock reaction bait particularly low) I was struck by Quinn's assertion that if Rashford were to leave he'd have him to replace Firmino. What has he been watching this season that makes him think this particular move would suit Liverpool?
Bizarre. Nevermind the difference in position and role. Rashford wouldn't make the starting XI ahead of anyone here.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He's been hugely impressive this season. A far better player than I had given him credit for.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Bizarre. Nevermind the difference in position and role. Rashford wouldn't make the starting XI ahead of anyone here.
Definitely. If Liverpool somehow ended up getting Rashford from Untied I'd be extremely miffed, but the last thing I'd expect Klopp to do would be putting him straight into the starting XI ahead of Firmino, or Salah and Mane for that matter.

The ludicrous 'give English players a chance at all costs' mantra of the media truly knows no bounds if it would see the unquestionable crown jewel of Liverpool's team (their fluid front three) dismantled to shoehorn in a promising English youngster.