Firmino

Jacko21

He's a sly little feck.

He protests his innocence even before he runs his boot down the opposition players calf.

Great at stopping counters.

GeorgieBoy

He's arguably more important to how Liverpool play than Sarah is. Very good little player and has an edge about him too, dirty little fecker.

arthurka

While Salah is the headline grabber (and rightly so) the improvement and level shown by Firmino is pretty special also.

Firmino is composed, skilful, good in the air, unselfish and works his socks off.

Salah is having the season of his life, but Firmino for me is the most important clog in the front 3
For me too.. He is the focal point of all of the Liverpool attacks. His movement pulls defenses apart and his vision and passing is top notch. Salah finishes what he normally started. But Liverpool having two guys with 30 goals plus is remarkable.

Sir Scott McToMinay

I think this guy is probably the greatest "defensive" striker I've ever seen. He could easily play a holding midfielder role, his positioning and closing down passing routes is absolutely top notch.
Very very good player.

el3mel

Always thought he's very underrated. His finishing can be erratic at some times but his movement and link up are of great assist to Salah and Mane.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think he helps unlock Salah's potential and vice versa. Hopefully one of them fecks off.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Nah.

At first I thought why's not looking right at the camera? and then I remembered he signing without looking like he does with his tap ins. Brilliant news he's signed a new deal, I knew something about a release clause ages ago that went under the radar, a lot like him really.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
I think this guy is probably the greatest "defensive" striker I've ever seen. He could easily play a holding midfielder role, his positioning and closing down passing routes is absolutely top notch.
Very very good player.
I think he started out as a defender, and great news that he has signed a new 5 year deal. Now lets get decent midfielders so he doesn't have to keep dropping as far back as he does and save his legs a bit.

El Pasillo

Gary Neville on selecting Firmino in his TOTS:

"When I watch Liverpool, he’s the catalyst for everything they do. I think if you were Guardiola, you would want him as your striker. If you were Mourinho - you’d want him. If you were Real Madrid, Barcelona - you’d want him.
"

I've to agree with Neville.

Lukaku is a decent player and all, but Firmino would've been a massive improvement for Manchester United.

The Brazilian is argubaly a top 3 striker in the world with the likes of Kane & Lewy.

Would be a starter for nearly every team I think.

Irrational.

Gary Neville on selecting Firmino in his TOTS:

"When I watch Liverpool, he’s the catalyst for everything they do. I think if you were Guardiola, you would want him as your striker. If you were Mourinho - you’d want him. If you were Real Madrid, Barcelona - you’d want him.
"

I've to agree with Neville.

Lukaku is a decent player and all, but Firmino would've been a massive improvement for Manchester United.

The Brazilian is argubaly a top 3 striker in the world with the likes of Kane & Lewy.

Would be a starter for nearly every team I think.
I think this is very debatable.

He has been brilliant for Liverpool this season but falls short where strikers are judged - goals. He'll track back, hold the ball up, come deep but these are qualities that are perfect for Klopp's system where he has Salah and Mane to bang in the goals. In another system where he is the main striker he wouldn't be as successful.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

He has been brilliant for Liverpool this season but falls short where strikers are judged - goals. He'll track back, hold the ball up, come deep but these are qualities that are perfect for Klopp's system where he has Salah and Mane to bang in the goals. In another system where he is the main striker he wouldn't be as successful.
Neville is clearly exaggerating but I fail to see how he falls short on goals. Doesn't he have nearly 30 for the season?

El Pasillo

What? Firmino has scored 28 goals in all comps this season, could possibly above 30+ goals within the remaining games left.

In addition, he also has delivered 13 assists.

Firmino's numbers this season is nothing short but remarkable.

Last edited:

bebeanderson

I can agree that Firmino is specific to certain styles, like Benzema. United play different.

James Peril

He's basically the Sturridge of Liverpool's current attacking trio, flourishing having a genuine world class player (Salah) alongside him, take that player away and it would be interesting to see if he could make the step up to being the main man
That’s a bit wrong. Ok, take away Salah... by all means, but it’s not like they would automatically replace him with Aaron Lennon or Robert Snodgrass. Fair play to Firmino, has developed into a very good player. Touch and passing of a very high standard, something we sorely lack up top with Lukaku.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Wasn't Firmino lighting up Bundedliga before he came? Salah making him sounds a bit wrong. If anything all the plaundits Salah is getting have him a bit underrated. For example against Roma first leg he assisted 2 and scored 2; Salah did the same, but the latter got all the headlines!

GeorgieBoy

Wasn't Firmino lighting up Bundedliga before he came? Salah making him sounds a bit wrong. If anything all the plaundits Salah is getting have him a bit underrated. For example against Roma first leg he assisted 2 and scored 2; Salah did the same, but the latter got all the headlines!
His teeth certainly were.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
That’s a bit wrong. Ok, take away Salah... by all means, but it’s not like they would automatically replace him with Aaron Lennon or Robert Snodgrass. Fair play to Firmino, has developed into a very good player. Touch and passing of a very high standard, something we sorely lack up top with Lukaku.
Who did they replace Suarez with? ;)

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
While not to downplay Firmino in that match as his performance was great (his assist for the second goal :drool:), he scored a tap in & a header. Salah scored a pinpoint curler & a 1on1, which were the first two goals in the game.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I still don’t know what he does? If his name was Robert Foster he would be seen as an ‘up and downer’ a workaholic and nothing more.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He's been a bit shit this season.

Butch Cassidy

Supports
Liverpool
Firmino, Sarah and Mane are all struggling this season.

They can start to fire any time they like...