Fitting in Macheda

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So his agent today has said he is staying with us. Does this mean he won't be going out on loan either? If so where does he fit in the team? Surely he'd be behind Rooney, Hernandez, Berbatov, Owen and Welbeck in the pecking order? Welbeck impressed on loan and Fergie has said Owen will get more chances, that doesn't leave much room for Kiko.

Will he get the chances he needs? Maybe a loan to a Premiership club would suit him better, I always thought the Sampdoria deal was a mistake. He's 19 now, needs to start improving.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

It will no doubt be difficult with Rooney, Hernandez, Berbatov and possibly Owen all being ahead of him in the pecking order.

I think it would be best to loan him out but it doesn't seem to be the case for now.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
He's not a piece of Tetris, we will have room for him. Probably loan him out again, get some more game time, especially with the success of Welbeck's spell.

Blair

He needs a load to a PL team for the season. There's no room for him here - there's 5 strikers ahead of him, and rightly so.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Needs to go on loan to a PL club if we are to keep him. Newcastle need strikers so maybe them. Surely they cant feck him up as much as they did with Rossi

Minkaro

Yep, agree with him going on loan. My view of the strikers for next season is:

First Choice: Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez
Back-up: Owen, Welbeck
Loan: Macheda, (King?)
Sell: Diouf

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Feeling I get is Welbeck will go on loan again. Diouf will probably be sold or loaned. King is already on loan.

Which leaves us with 5 strikers. Considering Owen has a tendency to get injured, Kiko might get 10-15 games.

He'll need to show a lot more than he has done since "That" goal against Villa.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I don't see how he could possibly be considered to be ahead of Welbeck after their respective stints on loan.

Macheda needs a season playing for a PL team, if he could go to Wigan for a year and play under Martinez I think it would benefit him hugely.

Anderson8

I think he has to go out on loan to a Premier League side. He's yet to prove himself as a consistent performer in this league, and after all he's not going to get the chances to do that at United next season. If he's going to be with us for the long haul, he has to prove that he can perform week in week out in this league. I don't like the overseas loans, it always gives me the impression they won't be coming back, or they don't seem overly useful, I mean they've got to get used to the style of play in the league that they're trying to forge a career in.

Minkaro

I think the Villa goal might have served against him in a way. It accelerated him into the first team picture, but perhaps he wasn't ready for it? I think it may have raised people's expectations of him to an unrealistic level.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think the Villa goal might have served against him in a way. It accelerated him into the first team picture, but perhaps he wasn't ready for it? I think it may have raised people's expectations of him to an unrealistic level.
I'd love him to make it at United, seems he should be destined to after scoring that goal. Like the OP though I dont see where we can give him games next season

Anderson8

Probably true. Sometimes I think to myself that Macheda won't make it here because he seems to have been around for ages without really making an impact. But then, you just need to remember that he's still only 19, and for a player of that age he certainly done a fair bit.

Wes

Feeling I get is Welbeck will go on loan again. Diouf will probably be sold or loaned. King is already on loan.

Which leaves us with 5 strikers. Considering Owen has a tendency to get injured, Kiko might get 10-15 games.

He'll need to show a lot more than he has done since "That" goal against Villa.
I think you mean "those" goals against Villa

The fact that he's done it twice in pressurized games against Villa is what makes me think he'll make it with United. He's overcome a barrier and believes in himself against them. He probably just needs that to happen for him once or twice more and then he could be up and running as a fully-fledged member of the squad.

He's good in the box obviously, alright at holding it up for his age and picks the right pass more often than not.

Also, his interplay with Berbatov in particular is excellent.

I think he just had a bit of a nightmare at Sampdoria but that could be overcome with a decent holiday and at crack at United. Let him know where his home is

MacMUFC

Age isn't really a factor. Bebe & Welbeck are the same age, are they at the same stage in their development?
Bebe was a ridiculous signing as I said at the time. He was plucked from the third division of portugese football with little experience of professional football, nevermind the key centre of excellence training that players have whilst they're teenagers. You cant compare these two together.

Personally, I never really got the hype with Macheda, but i'd like to see him loaned to a PL club like Danny was and we can judge him then.

Widnes

I think he will probably be loaned out but SAF will probably decide on what he is going to do after the US tour.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
The fact that he's done it twice in pressurized games against Villa is what makes me think he'll make it with United. He's overcome a barrier and believes in himself against them.
Self belief has never been the problem with Macheda. He has it in abundance. Its the rest of his game that worries me TBH.

Amir

I think he will probably be loaned out but SAF will probably decide on what he is going to do after the US tour.
It would definitely be stage one. to diagnose where he's at and what, if at all, the Sampdoria loan has contributed. I'd expect him to go on loan, though. He didn't play much there.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
A loan move could be good for him, but he's still just 19 so those saying he needs to start proving/improving himself are too quick to judge. Obviously Fergie will have more patience.

Newcastle, Bolton, Fulham and Spurs all need strikers. Swansea, Norwich or QPR I would say could improve themselves by taking someone like him on loan as well. I think there's options, but it'll be interesting to see what we do.

Commadus

If he goes on loan I hope its to another EPL club. Game time is what he needs.

I agree with the PL loan this time around. Get into contact with a club who will give him a proper chance and we'll take it from there. He's young but others are ahead of him now. I think the expectation on him has been too high since his debut season's goals and he needs to get back to showing his early potential.

surf

He needs a season on loan. It's not clear that he would get much game time in the first team at a premier league club, especially at United. Somewhere in the championship perhaps, like Cleverley did at Watford. He's got to go to a club where he will play, whatever level that is.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Definately a loan spell in the premier league will be much better than his loan in Italy. On form alone Welbeck along with our 4 first team strikers, are ahead of him currently. Still rate him so dont want to see him sold.

Brophs

The One and Only
I think playing ten or so games for us this season would harm his development, tbh. He needs to play every week, even if that's at Championship level (though I think he'd be well able for the PL).

zub2007

A loan to a prem team would be a good move but think he is staying with us

Amir

just sell him. he hasn't improved over the last 12 months
Could have said the same about Welbeck in the year leading up to a similar age.

I'd absolutely not sell him this year. Set him up for a loan and we'll what happens in a year's time.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
a loan to Norwich would be good. They are a side that likes to attack and will create plenty of chances; lets see what type of goalscorer he is

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He deserves a real chance in United's first team.

Carling Cup, FA Cup and some of the Champions League and Premiership games will do for him, good.

If he'll go on loan again, I hope, he won't feel bad... but it surely must be some decent Premiership side.

DevilsQueen

He deserves a real chance in United's first team.

Carling Cup, FA Cup and some of the Champions League and Premiership games will do for him, good.

If he'll go on loan again, I hope, he won't feel bad... but it surely must be some decent Premiership side.
with 5 strikers ahead of him (plus young - althoug the deal is not completed yet) I don't see him getting too much space tbh. A prem loan could be ideal. I'm sure he needs to regain confidence after a disastrous six months in italy.