Fitting in Macheda

Devil may care

Bolton seems ideal but I just wonder if Kiko's temperament is not suited to being loaned out.

Donut

I don't think he's good enough for a PL team yet. I'd rather he went to the Championship and play there every week.

humdinger

As has been said, he is too far back in the pecking order here - won't get a lot of minutes. Premier league loan would be ideal, somewhere he'll get plenty of games. He is a very good finisher and if he gets chances he will score, so if he goes to a reasonably attack minded team he could do well.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
He deserves a real chance in United's first team.

Carling Cup, FA Cup and some of the Champions League and Premiership games will do for him, good.

If he'll go on loan again, I hope, he won't feel bad... but it surely must be some decent Premiership side.
Clearly none of us know the goings on inside a club, but how does he deserve the chance in our first team?

I do not want to discredit his ability or potential as he's just 19, but he has not played a lot of games for us in two years - a handful of league games in each of the last three seasons - and he's scored just 4 goals for us. He didn't score a league goal for Sampdoria on loan last season either.

With the obvious names already ahead of him in the pecking order, I don't see how he deserves a chance to prove himself. But he might, so like most are saying: I'd send him on loan. Plenty of clubs need a CF in the Prem. I listed them on the last page.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
In 12 months time our strikeforce could be Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck and Macheda. Certainly he is young and talented enough to still make it here.

I think he'll start the season with us after his last loan was a bit unimpressive. Pre-season with the team, assess how he goes in training, a few games in the CC, re-assess in January. For a loan then an attacking PL side who play 2 strikers would be ideal (Bolton), or perhaps Bruce will have him at Sunderland.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Still only 19. I certainly hope he isn't shipped out on a permanent basis. He needs to leave for a loan deal though as he'll be behind Rooney, Hernandez, Berbatov, Owen, Welbeck and maybe even Young.

I'm not sure where he could go and get games in the Premier League. What would be more valueable? Playing for a good Championship side getting plenty of opportunites and goals (hopefully) or for a struggling Premier League side feeding off long ball scraps?

Name Changed

weso26
I agree. A loan to a PL club like Norwich, Bolton or Swansea would be ideal. We'll see what he is made of then.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Apparently from Sky Italia

Macheda: "For a youngster, England is a better place to play."

"I really wanted to have an experience in Italy but I now hope to stay in the Premier League"

Blair

At least he realises this now.

Fingers crossed a PL team takes him for the season and he can get a few goals and the experience he needs.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
He deserves a real chance in United's first team.

Carling Cup, FA Cup and some of the Champions League and Premiership games will do for him, good.

If he'll go on loan again, I hope, he won't feel bad... but it surely must be some decent Premiership side.
He had these chances and looked completely underwhelming. He needs to go and play consistent football otherwise I doubt very highly that he'll make it at United.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He had these chances and looked completely underwhelming. He needs to go and play consistent football otherwise I doubt very highly that he'll make it at United.
Being shoved up top on his own with a much changed midfield is hardly the best time to judge him. I hope he gets games next season (if we dont loan him out) up front with Rooney or with Berbatov with a half decent midfield behind him to see what he can really do

You dont score the two goals he did against Villa without having something about you, not to mention the impact he made in countless other sub appearances.

Zen

Well Neil Mellor scored 2 very impressive and very important goals once......where he at now?

-_-

Sylar

Will never forget his goal against Villa (and the actual forgotten one against Sunderland a week later) that turned two draws into two wins.

Hope he goes on loan next year to a Prem team. Hes only 19 as well.

acnumber9

That's it then, it's obvious Macheda is going to become the new Neil Mellor.
That's hardly the point being made is it? Scoring a couple of impressive goals isn't evidence of real quality and doesn't bury the memory of a player who's scoring record is none too impressive and his performances questionable.

Macheda needs a season on loan like Welbeck last season in the Premiership to test if he's good enough. I've major doubts over him and he's a long way behind Welbeck in terms of development.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Looks a bit lost the times I've seen him play in the recent past, although he does seem to have a very good eye for goal.

The right loan could do him wonders.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Blackburn be wise to take him on a loan. He's better than Benjani, Roberts or McCarthy. They need some one who's main strength is finishing. Not being tall or strong. Santa Cruz has had one good season in his career, as has Benjani. Kalinicic is alright but I suspect he'd be better off with a partner up top instead of being alone.

One of the new boys might also find him useful. What do Swansea have besides Scott Sinclair?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
he has the close control. but makes a lot of poor final decisions.

he needs a lot of games.

championship?
From what I've seen I'd say the complete opposite is the problem, his control seems to let him down even before he knows what to do with it, when he gets his first touch right what tends to happen next is an assist or a goal (in the final third at least)

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I did have high hopes for Macheda at one point, though he has very quickly become the forgotten man right now. He has displayed good technique, strength and an eye for goal during his short time in our first team, but he obviously had a lot to work on. I felt that as he got more and more playing time he seemed to make more wrong decisions in his general play, often being too selfish and losing possession in a frustrating fashion.

Fergie seems to have a soft spot for him as he is a very gutsy player that adhered himself to the manager from the start. He strikes me as somebody that will be a very solid player when he is in his later 20's, and I can picture him bullying defenders in the future. A bit more maturity to his game will completely transform him.

mariachi-19

The problem for him is not his scoring, its his all round play. Watch him closely, and his vision, positioning and tactical awareness is very very poor. It's the reason why Owen doesn't score as much as he should in the cup games because he's constantly getting back to sort it out. Meanwhile Macheda sits up top going, what do I do now? These are the kind of skills he should have been developing in the last 2 years but he's become very stagnant in his development. He may be 19 and he may just need a good loan spell, but I don't see him progressing as a United player unless he adds these tools to his arsenal.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
That's hardly the point being made is it?
Yes that is the point being made, even though this lad has scored two vital goals to help us win a PL, and even though he's scored against Chelsea and Bolton since then as well as looking lively in other games, Mellor's name is being mentioned. He's 19.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The problem for him is not his scoring, its his all round play. Watch him closely, and his vision, positioning and tactical awareness is very very poor. It's the reason why Owen doesn't score as much as he should in the cup games because he's constantly getting back to sort it out. Meanwhile Macheda sits up top going, what do I do now? These are the kind of skills he should have been developing in the last 2 years but he's become very stagnant in his development. He may be 19 and he may just need a good loan spell, but I don't see him progressing as a United player unless he adds these tools to his arsenal.
This. Poor first touch and positioning off the ball. Not sure he thinks he is a Paulo Rossi type player and just wait for the ball or basically lazy.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Strange player.

Has shown that he is capable of some class finishes and moves against tough opposition in high-pressure situations.

But has also shown horrible first touches, clueless holdup play, wayward passing and poor body language.

He is just so young still it's hard to judge on his United future.

A loan will be perfect for him.

Welbeck has proven to be very good against in the PL.

Owen can still score.

ricky-romeo

bolton, norwich, swansea, wigan...

i don't know, just go out on loan to one of these clubs and we should have a clearer indication whether he is up to it for us in the future.

Chris H

Video Posting God
Not convinced he can hold down a regular spot in the Premiership. Championship might be a better fit.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Best is to wait until mid-August to see who the club buys who wants to loan him and then send him somewhere without decent strikers

Red_Aaron

what's to be gained from selling him? he's still only 19/20

i think he'll be here first half of the season playing CC, CL group dead rubbers and occasional sub appearance. he'll get a loan move in January hopefully to a better-fit club than sampdoria

he's got real goalscorer potential imo, i cant see SAF giving up on him yet

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Selling him at this stage seems like a rather unnecessary risk.

If things suddenly click for him then he could be a lethal striker.

And I don't see any clubs paying a reasonable price for him until he has gone out on loan and bagged himself some goals.

mariachi-19

Fergie won't be selling him for another 2 years. Like with Campbell, Eagles, Richardson etc they all left either when they turned 21 or just before. It seems to be at that point where you can tell how good a player is going to be definitively.

stubie

He will be 5th choice striker for this season playing in the Carling Cup aswell as some PL games and 1/2 CL group stage games.

Still has something to offer to United I feel

Cina

Anyone else think Welbeck is a better player than him? Though he could be loaned out to Sunderland again so maybe Macheda will get more game time as a result.