g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Florian Wirtz | Leverkusen player

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He's fantastic, certainly going to be better than Havertz. Had a few doubts about Havertz, mostly that he could be too slow on the ball and seemed to falter in tougher matches, but Wirtz looks the complete package.

Technically great in the ball, great passing and shooting. Besides that he seems a leader in the pitch and always looking to get on the ball.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
He's fantastic, certainly going to be better than Havertz. Had a few doubts about Havertz, mostly that he could be too slow on the ball and seemed to falter in tougher matches, but Wirtz looks the complete package.

Technically great in the ball, great passing and shooting. Besides that he seems a leader in the pitch and always looking to get on the ball.
True, true.
Havertz lacks a bit in dribbling skills and pace, Musiala lacks in his passing.

Wirtz is the most complete, he can have an insane career if the stays healthy and clear in his head. However his work rate is also the best compared with Havertz and Musiala, he seems really determined.

Brazzo do your thing!

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
It's time to raid Leverkusen again.
I'll be happy if you save us from seeing our best player in a Bayern shirt again, in two or three years that is ;)

I'd also love to see Wirtz under Tuchel

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'll be happy if you save us from seeing our best player in a Bayern shirt again, in two or three years that is ;)

Reading your comments after we get him would just be the icing on the cake :P

How come you still hold a bigger grudge against us than Dortmund?
When was the last time we bought one of your important players? I'm too lazy to check but was there even anyone in the last 10 years?

And Dortmund since then? Brandt, Castro, Toprak, someone else?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Reading your comments after we get him would just be the icing on the cake :P

How come you still hold a bigger grudge against us than Dortmund?
When was the last time we bought one of your important players? I'm too lazy to check but was there even anyone in the last 10 years?

And Dortmund since then? Brandt, Castro, Toprak, someone else?
Maybe he's still mad over Ballack, Ze Roberto and Lucio. You pretty much gutted their 2002 season squad :p

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Maybe he's still mad over Ballack, Ze Roberto and Lucio. You pretty much gutted their 2002 season squad :p
Yeah, that's still a trauma. I became really engaged with football around 2001. But it has also to do with Hoeneß, Rummenigge etc. Absolutely despised them. Still remember the Vidal saga - think that was when my "hatred" peaked :D

Moreover, Brandt was the only departure to Dortmund that really hurt. Castro and Toprak were good but I never rated them to the same extent.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Is he a long-term Fernandes replacement?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

If you want to see Wirtz under Tuchel, it's going to have to be now. We've probably hired and fired Tuchel's successor in 2-3 years time.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
If you want to see Wirtz under Tuchel, it's going to have to be now. We've probably hired and fired Tuchel's successor in 2-3 years time.
If you fire Tuchel, you don't deserve Wirtz ;)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If you fire Tuchel, you don't deserve Wirtz ;)
No problem. We'll probably have Pep after his sabbatical. Meanwhile, Tuchel will be at Bayern sending flirty texts to Wirtz.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeah, that's still a trauma. I became really engaged with football around 2001. But it has also to do with Hoeneß, Rummenigge etc. Absolutely despised them. Still remember the Vidal saga - think that was when my "hatred" peaked :D

Moreover, Brandt was the only departure to Dortmund that really hurt. Castro and Toprak were good but I never rated them to the same extent.
I understand that Ballack, Ze and Lucio hurt, I would have been furious aswell.

But it's been 20 years.
And Hoeneß and Rummenigge are gone.
Time to give us some love... And Wirtz ;)

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I understand that Ballack, Ze and Lucio hurt, I would have been furious aswell.

But it's been 20 years.
And Hoeneß and Rummenigge are gone.
Time to give us some love... And Wirtz ;)
Yeah, I know. I actually found myself routing for you a couple of times the last few years. Having some Bayern players in my manager league might help with that, too. I feel so dirty.

UDontMessWith24

Biggest german talent since young Götze.
Imo quite a bit more impressive than Havertz at the same club.

I hope we can get him in 2 or 3 years as a replacement for Müller.
But I fear one or two of the german coaches in the PL might also fancy a move for him.
Why do you have to hope? If you want him you’ll buy him.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Why do you have to hope? If you want him you’ll buy him.
Not if Leverkusen refuses to sell to Bayern. There is precedent. And Bayern also doesn’t get everyone they want. Otherwise KdB or Havertz would be playing for them.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Another great goal in a very important match

IrishMcD

Signing this kid should be a priority, think he is gonna be an absolute superstar. Losing Mata, Lingard, Cavani, Pogba etc in the Summer will defo leave space for him.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Signing this kid should be a priority, think he is gonna be an absolute superstar. Losing Mata, Lingard, Cavani, Pogba etc in the Summer will defo leave space for him.
Still plays on Bruno's position and it all depends on how Ragnick does.

IrishMcD

Still plays on Bruno's position and it all depends on how Ragnick does.
Proper competition for Bruno, who can also drop deeper or play as a false nine or wide playmaker. Either way, you make room for this kid in you squad if you have a chance of signing him

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Proper competition for Bruno, who can also drop deeper or play as a false nine or wide playmaker. Either way, you make room for this kid in you squad if you have a chance of signing him
I wouldnt see why he would join United of all clubs, it is such a bad career move and mainly to just fill your pockets.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Only player in the league with 5 goals or more and 5 assists or more. He's 18 years old ffs.

Pughnichi

Hadn’t heard of this lad. Of course I went to YouTube haha…but he looks an immense talent. Some of the stuff he was doing was unbelievable…moreso for his age.

Lyricist

Hadn’t heard of this lad. Of course I went to YouTube haha…but he looks an immense talent. Some of the stuff he was doing was unbelievable…moreso for his age.
His technical ability and decision making in the final third are brilliant.

captaincantona

How about Amad and shoretire...even Hannibal...all a similar age and can fight for that position but haven’t been given a proper shot yet. Judging at how difficult Sancho has found it, being that he is a better player than Wirtz, who was playing to a better level more consistently in that same league (bundesliga), this guy would need time and minutes that could be better used elsewhere. I am not sure why we fall into the trap of having too many players for the same position, leaving other positions exposed and ultimately blocking the youth talent we have in our ranks coming through.

It was the same at the start of the season when the world and it’s dog knew Jesse should have been shipped out and Mata let go. Why would we, finally, get close to getting rid of these two only to buy another unproven prospect to give minutes to pushing our own prospects further down thepecking order?

Over the next 6 months, forget this type of signing...buy two central midfielders, get rid of Pogba, Jesse, Mata...get Hannibal, Amad and Shoretire into the squad and give them decent minutes. Let’s see if any of those guys can step up before looking to the next big thing elsewhere.

We need an rvn

I wouldnt see why he would join United of all clubs, it is such a bad career move and mainly to just fill your pockets.
I can completely see why you're saying that, given the VDB move.

But I truly believe with Rag now in as manager / advisor, the club will be more organised going forward and sure he can convince Wirtz to this too

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Judging at how difficult Sancho has found it, being that he is a better player than Wirtz, who was playing to a better level more consistently in that same league (bundesliga), this guy would need time and minutes that could be better used elsewhere.
Why do you think that Sancho is a better player? They are getting similar numbers at the same age in the Bundesliga, but Wirtz impact on the team as a whole is different to Sancho's at the time, as Wirtz is generally acting much more mature. Their technical and attacking abilities are similar, but Wirtz is much better defensively. He has leadership potential, I don't see that in Sancho, so in the end I expect Wirtz to become the better player.

MiamiVice

Another overhyped bundesliga youngster. Won't make it in the EPL.

United in sin

This kid is amazing on the ball. I don't get the Havertz comparisons. Havertz has never impressed me, he's like young poor man's Muller.

AussieDevil

Players like Wirtz and Havertz are supremely talented but their positions are out dated. I think Wirtz has world class potential but to reach it he needs to turn into a creative #8 instead of a #10 or become a wide player.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don't know much about this guy -

But with Rangnick as our manager/DOF type of guy over the next couple of years then the likelihood of signing some young quality German players does go up.

It does make me excited since we have hardly had quality German players at United (also Italian).

ash_86

Looks supremely talented. We do play with two #10 in our current formation and if Ralf is gonna persist with it, then it makes sense to bring him in. We would have Bruno/Sancho/wirtz for the two spots which isn't half bad.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
This kid is amazing on the ball. I don't get the Havertz comparisons. Havertz has never impressed me, he's like young poor man's Muller.
Havertz is a different type of player, but it is simply that Wirtz replaced Havertz for Leverkusen. So a lot of those comments are more or less "we don't miss Havertz, Wirtz is better anyways"

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Havertz is a different type of player, but it is simply that Wirtz replaced Havertz for Leverkusen. So a lot of those comments are more or less "we don't miss Havertz, Wirtz is better anyways"
Those are fair comments, to be fair. How Wirtz fares when he eventually makes the step will be interesting, but he's absolutely filled the hole Havertz left behind more than adequately.

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
Sportbild is reporting that he is on Rangnicks "youngster"-wishlist among others.
Those "others" are: Luca Netz(Gladbach), Eric Martel(Leipzig, currently on loan at Austria Wien), Armel Bella Kotchap(Bochum)

Blackwidow

Wirtz has a higher workrate - that is in my eyes the most important story about that.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sportbild is reporting that he is on Rangnicks "youngster"-wishlist among others.
Those "others" are: Luca Netz(Gladbach), Eric Martel(Leipzig, currently on loan at Austria Wien), Armel Bella Kotchap(Bochum)
They are referring to an article from the Sun, so nothing to see here.