Gaming FM Owner Experiment | Season 6 done

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Hull (H)
QPR (A)
Everton (H)
Birmingham (A)
Blackpool (H)
Ok then let's leave Frank and hope. He's getting shot if we don't get playoffs though

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sunderland have

Swansea (A)
Hull (H)
Luton (A)
Stoke (H)
Millwall (A)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Alright we'll assume alto is happy with that too. I'll sim to the end of the season and then you'll all have the weekend to think about signings and upgrades cause I'll be busy.

Season 2 - Play Offs New

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Play-offs

Oof. Chong delivers a body blow.

Sunderland take a tight lead to Blackburn!

Bit of a scare but they made it!

They managed to win but Archer's goal wasn't enough! Another season in the Championship for Sheffield Utd

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Unlucky lads.

Would have been nice to get 100 points but that's a great season. In Naismith we trust!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just sent you all some options for the summer. If you want to see anymore, send me a list and I'll sort them on Monday. Enjoy your sunny weekends :)

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Just sent you all some options for the summer. If you want to see anymore, send me a list and I'll sort them on Monday. Enjoy your sunny weekends :)
Top stuff solius

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
And we're back! I'll be sending any stats over so make some decisions.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Should be simming soon. Just waiting on one club.

Season 3 - Summer moves New

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ok time to sim!

First, some manager news:

Sheffield Utd's owners have swung the axe, after Thomas Frank failed to get them back to the PL. They're slightly concerned over the size of the new man's head, but we'll see if it explodes or not.

Owner Transfers

@BD & @sebsheep Sheffield Utd: Giorgio Scalvini £64.5m
@altodevil Sunderland: Alejandro Garnacho - £116.5m
@The Cat & @BenitoSTARR Derby: Youssoufa Moukoko - £68.5m
@SilentWitness Bolton: Folarin Balogun - £33.25m

Some big moves there!

Full changes:

S3-1PlayerPriceBank BalanceTransfer BudgetWage BudgetManagerTraining FacYouth FacilitiesJunior CoachingYouth RecruitmentTotal spentMoney left
Sheff Utd (BD & SS)Scalvini£64.5mN/AN/AN/ASampaoli (£42.6m)14>17 (£90m)13>17 (£100m)12>15 (£45m)£342,100,000£1,235,600,000
Sunderland (Alt)Garnacho£116.5mN/AN/AN/AN/A18>20 (£160m)18>20 (£75m)16>18 (£50m)16>18 (£50m)£451,500,000£868,960,000
Derby (TC & B)Moukoko£68.5mN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A£68,500,000£965,000,000
Bolton (SW)Balogun£33.25mAdd 30mAdd 20mAdd 300k p/w (15.6m)N/A15>16 (£35m)15>16 (£15m)15>16 (£20m)15>16 (30m)£198,850,000£1,550,100,000

I will sim past the transfer window and let you know who your dumbass managers bought with the money you've given them.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I was tempted by Moukoko too but have felt like he underperforms on this FM and was a bit too expensive.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I was tempted by Moukoko too but have felt like he underperforms on this FM and was a bit too expensive.
He’ll come good. He was the best young striker in our range and we knew if we didn’t buy him now he’ll be stupidly priced. Like £100m+ and who spends that much on one player?

I mean really you’d have to be incompetent as an owner to sanction that kind of spending so early…

On a completely unrelated note:
Derby
Estevao £1.2m
Moore £23.5m
Moukoko £68.5m
Total Spend £93.2m

All great picks at a nice mixture of price points for longer term value for money and that’s our attacking 3 sorted for the rest of the sim.

Sunderland
Sesko £42.5m
Yamal £73.5m
Garnacho £116.5m
Total spend £232.5m

All great picks but quite expensive. Jealous of Yamal and front 3 sorted for the sim.

Sheffield United
Pino £68.5m
Wahi £34m
Scalvini £64.5m
Total spend £167m

Nice mix of prices and our first big defender purchase too. Scalvini is about as good as you can get there so excellent choice.

Bolton
Costa £0
Plata £13.4m
Balogun £33.25m
Total spend £46.65m

Definitely going for value for money. When you get a few promotions you’ll be able to buy peak age players like a Bellingham for example with how much you’ve saved!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He’ll come good. He was the best young striker in our range and we knew if we didn’t buy him now he’ll be stupidly priced. Like £100m+ and who spends that much on one player?

I mean really you’d have to be incompetent as an owner to sanction that kind of spending so early…

On a completely unrelated note:
Derby
Estevao £1.2m
Moore £23.5m
Moukoko £68.5m
Total Spend £93.2m

All great picks at a nice mixture of price points for longer term value for money and that’s our attacking 3 sorted for the rest of the sim.

Sunderland
Sesko £42.5m
Yamal £73.5m
Garnacho £116.5m
Total spend £232.5m

All great picks but quite expensive. Jealous of Yamal and front 3 sorted for the sim.

Sheffield United
Pino £68.5m
Wahi £34m
Scalvini £64.5m
Total spend £167m

Nice mix of prices and our first big defender purchase too. Scalvini is about as good as you can get there so excellent choice.

Bolton
Costa £0
Plata £13.4m
Balogun £33.25m
Total spend £46.65m

Definitely going for value for money. When you get a few promotions you’ll be able to buy peak age players like a Bellingham for example with how much you’ve saved!
I feel like the AI are really bad at developing Moukoko. Whenever I've had a save and looked at him he's barely developed. Maybe it will work out better for you!

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I feel like the AI are really bad at developing Moukoko. Whenever I've had a save and looked at him he's barely developed. Maybe it will work out better for you!
I haven’t played FM so I’m going based what I know from Soccer Manager and the scouting I’ve done from that (which often links to FM players).

Im interested in your picks though what was the initial picking strategy?

Ours was try for the highest potential players in forward positions (as you can see by Garnacho’s price once they hit 21/22 it kills your budget)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I haven’t played FM so I’m going based what I know from Soccer Manager and the scouting I’ve done from that (which often links to FM players).

Im interested in your picks though what was the initial picking strategy?

Ours was try for the highest potential players in forward positions (as you can see by Garnacho’s price once they hit 21/22 it kills your budget)
I was hoping to get promoted with Bolton in the first season so I could then sell Costa as his price probably could have gone up to 5-10m. That hampered my decision making though.

Second season I wanted someone who could come in instantly and perform but was still relatively young, not too expensive and would ensure promotion but still be of use for the level of the Champ.

Balogun is a good PL level striker and not too expensive again and has done well in saves I have seen.

In terms of balances, I was also afraid in League 1 that if I gave the AI too much money that they'd spend it on League 1 level players that I'd end up needing to sell in game and would hamper the club.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
If you can go as far as calling it 'thinking', we wanted a CB, so Scalvini of course. And then seb wanted an Italian manager to join with him for some company, so he suggested Sampaoli

Season 3 - AI transfers New

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Transfers

A modest £28m spent by Sampaoli. His biggest outlay is on Hwang Hee Chan which is odd because they already have Wahi. He's also grabbed a pair from Burnley. Star player Tom Fellows was also sold by outgoing manager Thomas Frank for a measly £2.9m

Sign some defenders, says @altodevil. He gets one in Ruben Vinagre to play LB. Jonas Urbig also comes in as backup GK. Smolcic is also a CB.

A pretty meager window for their first season in the PL.

No clue. Some bloke from Eastenders to play CM/CDM. Jhon Duran also comes in on loan.

Bolton are just zero fuss. Firpo on a free could be a good deal and the Ukranian bloke plays striker so he'll be a Balogun backup.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Seems really weird that the AI are making barely any transfers!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If you can go as far as calling it 'thinking', we wanted a CB, so Scalvini of course. And then seb wanted an Italian manager to join with him for some company, so he suggested Sampaoli
Who is Argentinian.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Hoping to get nearer to the playoffs this season. Be interesting to see at what point your young signings start appearing.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That's not how I remember that conversation :lol:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I was hoping to get promoted with Bolton in the first season so I could then sell Costa as his price probably could have gone up to 5-10m. That hampered my decision making though.

Second season I wanted someone who could come in instantly and perform but was still relatively young, not too expensive and would ensure promotion but still be of use for the level of the Champ.

Balogun is a good PL level striker and not too expensive again and has done well in saves I have seen.

In terms of balances, I was also afraid in League 1 that if I gave the AI too much money that they'd spend it on League 1 level players that I'd end up needing to sell in game and would hamper the club.
Very sensible and if you can get promotion on a shoe string you’ll have more to play with come PL time.

Yeah I think we’re all seeing the AI is a bit shit with transfers :lol:
:lol: