Football Betting Thread 14/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I put a fiver on Spurs to win at 3/1 about 71 minutes in, easy 20 quid!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
City have annoyingly cost me £70 today. I knew I shouldn't have added them to my accy.

Maccaa

So i put Chelsea, Palace and the Swansea-Sunderland match too draw on. All 3 come in now I'm waiting on Everton too win for £100. The cash out was on £40 when the first 3 matches ended and some how its gone down too £23 now. Can anyone tell me why that has happened? Think I'll wait an hope Everton score the first goal then cash out.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
So i put Chelsea, Palace and the Swansea-Sunderland match too draw on. All 3 come in now I'm waiting on Everton too win for £100. The cash out was on £40 when the first 3 matches ended and some how its gone down too £23 now. Can anyone tell me why that has happened? Think I'll wait an hope Everton score the first goal then cash out.
Very weird. No idea why that would happen.

Adzzz

Staff
I don't know which exchange or bookie you're with but Betfair always pull tricks like that. I think it just unsettles you meanwhile they say it is due to market/odds movements.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I think City will have fecked a lot of people today. Myself included.

Maccaa

I don't know which exchange or bookie you're with but Betfair always pull tricks like that. I think it just unsettles you meanwhile they say it is due to market/odds movements.
Yeah its with Betfair. I've had problems with them before too be honest. Sometimes when your acca is coming in the cash out option on the bet completely goes missing only for it too reappear when a team scores against your bet.

Jagga7

Only thing I can think of is that the odds on Everton must have got higher at kick off.

Adzzz

Staff
Yeah its with Betfair. I've had problems with them before too be honest. Sometimes when your acca is coming in the cash out option on the bet completely goes missing only for it too reappear when a team scores against your bet.
The cash out page can be incredibly 'glitchy.'

MajorTom

The worst cash-out feature by far is Coral's. You can have a fivefold on the go with four teams winning with the other drawing and they will barely even give you your stake back. Such a shitty site.

Adzzz

Staff
The only time I had a bet with Coral was during the WC, they had Argentina 5/1 as a special offer for new customers. Easy 50 quid, withdrew and fecked the account off.

MajorTom

The only time I had a bet with Coral was during the WC, they had Argentina 5/1 as a special offer for new customers. Easy 50 quid, withdrew and fecked the account off.
That's not too shabby. Good to work bookies offers like that. I did the same with Coral with Napoli, who I've done well off with a few sign-up offers. I have a treble now of Everton, Hamburg and Villarreal - £5 will net me £55. Hamburg and Villarreal are winning and I can cash out £5.54, I mean come the feck on. Had a five fold early of all draws, after 60 mins all of them were drawing apart from Boro and they were offering £6.87 for a bet worth £450. They are having a laugh.

Adzzz

Staff
The flipside is if they did offer you decent amounts everyone would be playing the systems as we're all trying :lol:

They could be a little less tight though, for sure. I'm also on Hamburg just a single though.

MajorTom

True, true but by far Betfair easily have the best cash-out feature if a little "glitchy" (i.e the value has changed, oh piss off) really good value though. Hamburg looking good for it at the moment.

Adzzz

Staff
Decent day for me at least, I don't bet big (as you know @MajorTom) but still a clear 20 quid profit for the day. Betting with a quid here and there just feels safer and more enjoyable to me.

MajorTom

It's the best way to be. I only have £10 each on a Saturday and Sunday now (from the beginning of this year) as opposed to when I would easily stake up to a good three figures a weekend. I still think I can win 1 in 3 bets easily but I can't control my ego when backing teams who I think are due a win who aren't necessarily favourites, just for the value they get. Betting can be very enjoyable when just using it as a little hobby with the potential to earn a little money. £20 every weekend isn't to be sniffed at, that's £1000 a year and over ten years will be a decent wedge. It's all about the accumulation.

Adzzz

Staff
Yeah very true, I follow the exact same formula - tenner for the weekend and if I can double it I'm happy, anything more is a bonus. If I bet normally and don't go for the big shot profit in crazy accas I feel comfortable in making a little each weekend. Few and far between where I totally wipe out.

Adzzz

Staff
AC Milan and PSV double currently.

I know Milan are a truly faded giant but feck it, 10's was hard to resist and so I didn't!

Adzzz

Staff
:lol:

Oh no. You were chancing it there. Those odds were looking good, right?
Definitely were, as you said it yourself earlier, when a team you think is due a win comes along (combined with being AC fecking Milan) it's hard to resist. 13s for the double with PSV being heavy favourites in their game, the odds were good enough for me!

MajorTom

Nah, even though they have Canalas and Vela missing Celta have 4 first teamers out. Home advantage too, plus I fancy them to get back to back wins in la Liga, certainly worth a dabble with the opposition they face. We will see though.

Ady87

Gutted.

Levante 5/2
Hamburg 2/1
Lille 9/4
Juventus 1/3
Everton v Liverpool over 2.5 1/1

£5 returns £380. Got it completely wrong with the merseyside derby. The rest flew in. :(

Adzzz

Staff
Gutted.

Levante 5/2
Hamburg 2/1
Lille 9/4
Juventus 1/3
Everton v Liverpool over 2.5 1/1

£5 returns £380. Got it completely wrong with the merseyside derby. The rest flew in. :(
Unlucky mate, did you have a cash out option? Eek!

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Quick look at bets for tomorrow and these two seem appealing. Will probably put them in a double.

Inter v Palermo 19:45 - Over 2.5 Goals @ 17/20
West Ham Win/Draw v United @ 17/20

Status
Not open for further replies.