Gaming Football Manager 2009

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Right, i was hovering dangerously close to the relegation zone so decided a change in tactics was in order. Went to a 4-3-3 and then managed to beat the team in 4th, draw with the team in 6th and beat the team top of the table and running away with it!

Sing with me!

We are staying up,
I say we are staying up!

Cina

Anyone got a record this good with a player?

2016/17 was pretty special.
I was similar to that in the 6 seasons I had him at Utd. It's hard to not have a record like that with a fully fit Aguero :D

I bought him in the January transfer window of my Fiorentina game, I didn't want to have to because it's almost like cheating but Eduardo was rubbish so I flogged him to Inter, Mutu was getting old, Bojan kept getting injured and my other strikers were still 'hot prospects', so I forked out the 35m.

He scored 26 goals in 22 games :D I was 8 points off top at Christmas (To udinese of all fecking clubs, they were insane this season) and I finished on top by 3 points!

whats eeryone's career earnings? im on a goosd 4 million in my second season :cool:
£4.4m at the start of the 2014/15 season.

Not huge, but did start off at Wycombe, then Norwich and Birmingham before finally getting the United job.

Rijkaard and then Spalletti ruined them, and took them over in 8th, and managed to just sneak them into 4th spot and CL football after signing Akinfeev and resigning Nani and then signing Mario Gomez temporarily for £26m, have sold him to AC Milan for £40m.

At worst I'm hoping to just consolidate in the CL places and attract some better players to compete for the CL the following season

phelans shorts

now official club world champions, scoring 11 goals in 2 games, not conceding and playing a 3rd string side, a 17 year old debutant scored a wonder goal in the semi, and was officialy the 3rd best player in the tournie, despite playing 20 minutes, and now i think about my earnings the more ridiculous it is, when i signed my new contract (between champs league semi's last season) i was approaching one million, so i have made 3 million in about 8 months, result :cool: zlatan somehow hasn't made the shortlist for world player of the year, despite being last seasons champs league best player and annihalating serie A and europe this year.

oh and for niMic, messi is incredible for me now, second top scorer from right wing in a 4-4-2, not taken any set pieces either, also quite proud to have beat roma 4-0 last game despite being shite in the first half, lucky to not have gamberini sent off within 15 minutes, second half was messi magic though, with zlatan having his moments too :cool:

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
End of season review:

Finished 17th with Worcester which was better than i could have imagined. Still no money and in the red, so not looking forward to next season.

Man United win the Premiership, with Tevez winning golden boot and Player of the year for the third year in a row :(.

AC Milan win Serie A, Kaka wins the golden boot and Berbatov wins player of the year after his move to Roma.

Barca win La Liga and Juan Manuel Vargas wins player of the year with Vucinic (now of Real) winning the golden boot.

Cina

I sold Vargas for 12m in my game, probably too low but he was neither a full back or attacking left midfielder, he was a wing back and a left midfielder, neither of which I use!

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
I hope in the 2010 the chairmen and boards are more intelligent.

I left Empoli midseason because I was in 4th and suffering because the board was upset with me that the club was relegated before I was in charge. Now I'm with Peterborough, I thook over when they were in the relegation zone in league 1 after 20 games. Now after 40 games I've lifted them to 12th, signed some quality players and got rid of all the unhappy cnuts. But the board is only satisfied because overall the club is still underachieving, it can't distinguish between how well I've been doing and how bad the previous manager did. Also they think my decision to sign MacDonald on a free is an aberation - I didn't even sign the fecker he was brought in at the start of the fecking season!!!!!! :houllier:

Cina

Yeah the board confidence thing is fairly fecking annoying.

As soon as I won the league with Fiorentina for the first time in about 50 million years, the next season the minimum expectation was to win it again, even though the season before I was only expected to get continental qualification. Makes sense that...

Also, when I sign a youngster as a hot prospect for about 500k or whatever, the board and fans automatically get upset and unhappy because he's "played so few games for the club". Of course he fecking has, he's a HOT PROSPECT YOU cnuts.

And when you lose a game to rivals, about 6 months later they're still hampering on about the fecking thing.

Basically, it's a mess and they need to sort it out.

phelans shorts

just lost for first time in aaaaages in the league, 1-0 to fiorentina, a bit of a disaster really, dominated the game, had a goal disallowed, zlatan fecked his knee up, and best of all, i now have a touchline bad against, wait for it, AC! so galbiati will be taking on rijkaard, a genius assistant vs a brilliant manager, got a feeling he might do me proud though, considering i'm missing world player of the year.

that gets me to another annoying point, zlatan was world player of the year, yet wasn't on the shorlist for footaller of the year, fabregas won footballer of the year, with montolivo in second for fiorentina, yet european footballer of the year was montolivo :houllier:

nimic

something nice
Scout
oh and for niMic, messi is incredible for me now, second top scorer from right wing in a 4-4-2, not taken any set pieces either, also quite proud to have beat roma 4-0 last game despite being shite in the first half, lucky to not have gamberini sent off within 15 minutes, second half was messi magic though, with zlatan having his moments too :cool:
He's starting to come good for me too. I just started the second season with him in the side, and he now speaks basic English, and is sufficiently gelled to the team. In that respect, I suppose only entering the transfer market late enough because of the transfer embargo to buy a few prospects was a good thing. The core of my team (really, my entire team) is still exactly the same. I expect a stormer of a season.

I do have one flaw in my new 4-1-4-1 formation, which is that one of the two AMC's usually plays rubbish (and sadly it's often Rooney. I've got no choice, really; both Vagner Love and Aguero need to be injured for him to be used as the striker. I do expect him to improve as soon as he hits natural for AMC, though). So the next chance I've got I'm going to try to get a top CM or DM (if DM, Veloso can play the AMC role in from MC position instead).

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
Darron Gibson, you are a cnut.

I've offered him a contract, more than he asks for everytime. Yet he rejects me for NO reason. He doesn't have a club. I can't interact with any of the stuff either, so I think he's glitched.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
Alright, after receving niMic's blessing I'm doing one of these for the Aussie lads, and anyone else that missed out on the first round and wants a turn.

The rules are the same and niMic's, as is below.

The Football Experiment

Okay, might as well get started. I'll do the "start out as youngsters in random clubs" one, as that's the one I've done before, and I've got it mostly worked out. If it goes well, there's not a too long stretch from the players you make for this and the players you can have if I do a "same club" idea. I've also got a rather ambitious club/manager/league sort of idea which I might want to try if this is a success, but all in due time!

Here's what I need from you, if you still want to "play":

General:

Name:
Date of Birth (not year, we'll all be 1993):
City of Birth (optional):
Nation:
Position (you can pick two 'natural' ones, like DR/DL or CM/DM); you don't have to pick two, though):
Preferred Squad Number (you can pick the same as someone else, doesn't matter):
Disliked clubs (I won't do favoured clubs (so everyone but Spammy doesn't end up at United), but everyone can pick 2 disliked clubs):
Preferred foot (left/right 1-20):
Height/weight (optional):

Attributes:

You must give every stat a number, you can't enter 0. You can use "1" a total of 5 times, and you can only use 16 or over 2 times.

Mental Attributes - 155 points

Aggression:
Anticipation:
Bravery:
Composure:
Concentration:
Consistency:
Creativity:
Decisions:
Dirtiness:
Flair:
Important Matches:
Influence:
Off The Ball:
Positioning:
Teamwork:
Work Rate:

Technical Attributes - 110 points

Corners:
Crossing:
Dribbling:
Finishing:
First Touch:
Free Kicks:
Heading:
Long Shots:
Long Throws:
Marking:
Passing:
Penalty Taking:
Tackling:
Technique:
Versatility:

Physical Attributes - 90 points

Acceleration:
Agility:
Balance:
Injury Proneness:
Jumping:
Natural Fitness:
Pace:
Stamina:
Strength:

We'll start out at 110/200. It's very high for players that are so young, but then we're supposed to be top class talents. Odds are we won't be messing around in the lower levels for too long (though being picked up too early is also a potential problem. In the last one I did a guy who got picked up by his favourite club, Real Madrid, very early, was actually one of the latest to develop fully. He just didn't get enough first team action).

The "Person Data Attributes" will be the same for everyone, and here's what I'm thinking.

Adaptability: 20
Ambition: 20
Controversy: 15
Determination: 20
Loyalty: 5
Pressure: 20
Professionalism: 15
Sportsmanship: 10
Temperament: 20.

Should make for an interesting game.

Preferred Moves - Pick up to three

If there's any questions, feel free to ask. Hopefully I haven't missed anything vital. And no cheating! :D

Goalkeepers

Okay, a warning first. I haven't had people make goalkeepers in these things before, so the balance could be a bit off. If you want to be a keeper, here's what I need in attributes:

As with outfield players, maximum 2 attributes with 16 or more points. Keepers can have one less "1"'s though, with a total of 4 (you don't have to have 4 ones, but you can't have more than that).

Physical Attributes (same attributes as outfielders) - 75 points

Mental Attributes (again same attributes) - 125 points

Technical/Keeper Attributes - 120 points
First Touch:
Passing:
Technique:
Aerial Ability:
Command of Area:
Communication:
Eccentricity:
Handling:
Kicking:
One on Ones:
Reflexes:
Rushing Out:
Tendency to Punch:
Throwing:
PM me in the next few days.

Cina

I can't believe I'm still having to say this after all these years, but goalkeepers are still a complete and utter fecking joke in FM 2009, as they were in 08, 07, 06...

Basically, whenever I play against Buffon, Casillas etc I just will not score, simple as. I had 7 fecking clear cut chances in one game against Juventus and Buffon saved every single one. It's not just top class keepers either, time and time again you can come up against a keeper on a moral high or whatever and he'll save every single shot you hit, no matter how good/bad he is.

Typical FM really, always been a problem and they haven't fixed it yet. I know GKs can have an impact, but FM takes it too far.

Flying Fox

Not true. I just played Madrid in the clásico and Abidal managed to go on a dribbling run into the box and score.

Eric. Eric fecking Abidal, of all people.

Cina

Not true. I just played Madrid in the clásico and Abidal managed to go on a dribbling run into the box and score.

Eric. Eric fecking Abidal, of all people.
Well there are obviously exceptions.

I've beaten Juventus and Real and such before, but a lot of the time the likes of Buffon and Casillas with get at least 8.0 ratings, which is just mental.

I've just played Palermo who have a 1.7m GK, and I lost 1 - 0, 6 clear cut chances. His final rating was 8.9, and that's the 3rd or 4th time that's happened this season. And it's not like my forwards are playing shit, they're placing their shots perfectly, it's just that the keepers somehow make these miraculous saves.

Boothy

Nani's playing really well in the first season, and I'm getting bids for him, might have to sell him

I bought Nani back to Old Trafford after a previous manager sold him, he was the best winger interested in moving to United at the time...and I've just turned down £52m for him as he's still the best winger available

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Alright, after receving niMic's blessing I'm doing one of these for the Aussie lads, and anyone else that missed out on the first round and wants a turn.

The rules are the same and niMic's, as is below.

PM me in the next few days.
I posted mine up a few days ago, I'll PM you it.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
So I've beaten Chelsea, and then United to get into the CL Semi againt Real. First leg was at the Bernabau and was hoping to scrape through with a draw... Ended up winning 3-0. Get in.

Meanwhile I'm in the middle of the toughest congested period. I've played United (twice), Roma, Juventus (twice), Inter and Real Madrid in the last month. Got the return leg coming up, then the Cup Final against Inter, then the top of the table clash against Fiorentina (we're even, though I've got a game in hand) in the next week and a bit.

Shit times.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
I started a new game for Aberdeen. I am desperate for a decent striker and right winger, any suggestions? I have 400k for transfers.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I started a new game for Aberdeen. I am desperate for a decent striker and right winger, any suggestions? I have 400k for transfers.
You might be able to sign Borbon, though he's more a Wing Back.

If your LB's good you can pawn him off for money and look at Calderon (Ecuadorian) for 100k. He's excellent.

Diver

....and nobody likes a diver.
Watch Diver Shoots His Load In The General
Easter egg. If a player has the same name as one of the SI staff, you get silly profiles.
On mine and my mates game we got a young english regen (going to be a leading star apparently) who had a crazy personality, something about having a "large" personality and he looks like a fat tv presenter from bolton who's ate his wife.

I'll try and sort out a print screen of him.

His name was John Schofield, i think.

Boothy

fecking shit piece of shit fecking game

Why in fecks name are city so fecking good

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
I can't believe I'm still having to say this after all these years, but goalkeepers are still a complete and utter fecking joke in FM 2009, as they were in 08, 07, 06...

Basically, whenever I play against Buffon, Casillas etc I just will not score, simple as. I had 7 fecking clear cut chances in one game against Juventus and Buffon saved every single one. It's not just top class keepers either, time and time again you can come up against a keeper on a moral high or whatever and he'll save every single shot you hit, no matter how good/bad he is.

Typical FM really, always been a problem and they haven't fixed it yet. I know GKs can have an impact, but FM takes it too far.
Akinfeev :drool:

Get him and it's curtains for the computer players, they'll complain about their clear cut chances going to hell :lol:

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
So I've ended up taking out the League by a healthy margin thanks to Fiorentina stumbling at the last, once again.

I lost the Italian Cup Final to Inter.

But I won the CL, by defeating Barca (having defeated Chelsea - reigning champions, United and Real to get there) 2-0.

Marquinhos scored near 40 goals for the season and Balotelli won player of the year.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Akinfeev :drool:

Get him and it's curtains for the computer players, they'll complain about their clear cut chances going to hell :lol:
He's been OK for me, averaging at around 7 for the last two seasons.

He's got a tendency to make some fecking horrible errors though - about 5 times now he's run right out and had the ball taken off him/was beaten to it by my opponents, and they went on to score.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah have a look in France, there's 3/4 gun Keepers doing the rounds there.