Gaming Football Manager 2011

Minkaro

the CB is superb, the rest aren't too great.
Yeah, I'm hoping they'll grow into good players. They didn't cost too much, so I might be able to make a profit on them.

What's the best way to find all this regens?
All I do is send my scouts to the leagues I have viewable, and set them to only bring back reports on players under the age of 25.

Woodzy

Here are the methods I use:

Get some good scouts on youth competitions, as well as setting them scouting assignments with maximum ages.

Do a player search and filter a maximum age of around 16/17 at the start of each season. Go through the highest valued players.

Keep an eye out for the younger players big clubs go for and scout them.

Scout international youth teams (especially Brazil, Argetina etc.)

Scout the prospects mentioned at the backroom advice meeting.

Player search specific traits. Now and again i'll filter search for young players with pace of 18 for example.

Another tip is, if you have a regen in your team that hasn't done much yet, but you get big clubs like barca and Real interested, there's a good chance he'll turn good.

At the same time, to contracdict, the bigger clubs seem to buy young players for fun, and a lot of them turn crap, so it's all based on judgement.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
You could just set to maximum age at 15, 16, 17, and just see that stats view (attacking, Defending, Goalkeeping) and sort it with every column,

your eyes will be trained to look for the standout, i know mine does

Sw33t

Signed a young Spanish left winger regen, 16 years old. First one I've got in my current career.

Got a feeling he's going to turn out quite good. All the big clubs were after him, but he chose Spurs!

Cina

I am abysmal with QPR. 3 losses and 1 draw so far. I don't know what the feck tactic to use with this shitty team.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
My Brescia team is starting to look not shit. Managed to sign Sebastian Prodl for £300k!! Steal. And if I had my way I would have picked up Boruc, Marcell Jensen and Kuzmanovic for a combined fee of less than £9mil, except none of them wanted to join me. Philistines.

So instead I picked up Ruben Yttergard (or something), Maxime Lestienne (or something) and Albano Bizzarri (or something). All for under £2mil. Then got Dennis Appiah, Kalas and Agyei on loan for like 500k total. Signed one or two co-owned players and a few members of staff. Spent less than £3.5mil and sold almost £10mil- mostly consisting of reserve team players for sums in the hundreds of thousands, that quickly added up.

Feeling pretty good about this season, reckon I can push for a top 12 finish-top 10 if I have a lot of luck.

Unfortunately I have just lost my first game of the season 2-0 to Inter, and I have Juve next. But I'm still feeling pretty good...

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I constantly look through the Brazilian and Argie youth sides, and search through the domestic clubs for players. Clealy this manual way didn't fully pay off as I totally missed that awesome striker until now (meaning I missed signing him during the window).

The best way is to set scouts onto it like others have suggested, and to couple that with random searches from time to time.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
My Brescia team is starting to look not shit. Managed to sign Sebastian Prodl for £300k!! Steal. And if I had my way I would have picked up Boruc, Marcell Jensen and Kuzmanovic for a combined fee of less than £9mil, except none of them wanted to join me. Philistines.

So instead I picked up Ruben Yttergard (or something), Maxime Lestienne (or something) and Albano Bizzarri (or something). All for under £2mil. Then got Dennis Appiah, Kalas and Agyei on loan for like 500k total. Signed one or two co-owned players and a few members of staff. Spent less than £3.5mil and sold almost £10mil- mostly consisting of reserve team players for sums in the hundreds of thousands, that quickly added up.

Feeling pretty good about this season, reckon I can push for a top 12 finish-top 10 if I have a lot of luck.

Unfortunately I have just lost my first game of the season 2-0 to Inter, and I have Juve next. But I'm still feeling pretty good...
I've been finding it hard to woo players to my mighty QPR revolution too, and I even finished second in the PL and won the Europa. Yet Hamsik, who was listed by request and wanted out, didn't want a bar of my club. And this was despite the fact he wanted to 'impress' me in his next game... How the feck do you get these guys to want to join with talking to the press?

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
I constantly look through the Brazilian and Argie youth sides, and search through the domestic clubs for players. Clealy this manual way didn't fully pay off as I totally missed that awesome striker until now (meaning I missed signing him during the window).

The best way is to set scouts onto it like others have suggested, and to couple that with random searches from time to time.
alot of italian regens in mine, atleast three quality (ready to be "backup" players) MC/DM's at the age of 16.

Weak english, spanish and argentinian crop too.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
^

I think it's pretty random in that respect, and obviously depends on what leagues you've made available to play. Though you can always guarantee there will be gun Brazilian players popping up.

Personally I like to play a bit more realistically in the sense that really I won't sign any Spanish/Italian players when I'm playing as a British side, and visa-versa.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
^

I think it's pretty random in that respect, and obviously depends on what leagues you've made available to play. Though you can always guarantee there will be gun Brazilian players popping up.

Personally I like to play a bit more realistically in the sense that really I won't sign any Spanish/Italian players when I'm playing as a British side, and visa-versa.
Believe it or not it's very hard to find good english regen, unless you're on the 25th season where the natural limitation have croped all the good regens out of every nation bar the one you pick

Cina

Alright, won 3 games on the trot with QPR now after a dire start. That's 10 points in 8 games now, sitting 10th in the table, realistically I'm just going to go for a playoff place, already 10 points behind 1st and 2nd. I really didn't strengthen my squad enough. Kyle Walker has been a great loan at RB, got Samuel from Bolton at LB but he's now injured for 4 months, along with half my fecking team. Bought this box to box guy from Besiktas for 250k, stat's aren't overly great but he's gotten me 5 goals in my last 5 games, usually they're absolute screamers.

Liking it so far though, I'd forgotten the sheer frustration of losing in the dying stages or just getting thumped by teams, and then brilliance when you manage to actually win, not like Man Utd where every games was just dominated by the 3rd season.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Believe it or not it's very hard to find good english regen, unless you're on the 25th season where the natural limitation have croped all the good regens out of every nation bar the one you pick
I think you're right, it does seem to take a while for good English regens to appear, compared with Brazilians and particularly Italians (in my experience). In my games the best English regens are usually midfielders, like this guy i got from Notts Co for about 200K. He became even better than this, finishing went up to about 15 and i trained his composure to about the same level. :drool:

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Also, while i'm at it here's an Argie defender i signed in the same game. He once scored over 30 goals in a season and is probably the best regen i've ever had.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Does anyone know if you can patch the demo? I don't mean into the full game obviously I just mean with the latest patch?

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
Started a game as Inter and did the double winning the league and Italian cup. Spurs beat me 1-0 in the Champions League final which was a bit of a disgrace. Bought a lot of players in the second season but decided to resign from Inter before the season started because I thought it would bore me. Continued a few months and then got offered the Newcastle job who were in relegation form and had such a shit team. Managed to save them and finished 14th and resigned at the end of the season.

Now in the third season and had no job until September. Spurs were 11th when Mancini got sacked and I took over. Now on a nine game winning streak up to 2nd. They had VDV in the reserves on the transfer list. Brought him back to the first team and he's been amazing, played 12 scored 11 assisted 9. Really need to buy some top defenders in January though since my defence isn't the greatest. Team is

-----------Gomes------------
Srna---Dawson---Tomkins---Riise
------Huddlestone---Sandro------
---Modric------VDV-------Bale
--------------Rossi-------------

Been some very strange manager moves to say the least. Wenger is at Inter and Sam Allardyce has taken over Arsenal. Redknapp is at City and Shearer is at Liverpool:lol: Moyes is at Chelsea and Michel Laudrop took the Everton job. Ancelotti is managing England and Roy Keane is managing Ireland.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Dnt' think so, as the patch modifies most of the data

PS: Just buy (pirate it) you fecking lazy bugger
I've had it ordered from Zavvi for almost a week and it's still not been sent.

Cina

My QPR strikers are fecking hopeless. I need one in the January window who can put chances away. 7 clear cut chances in my last game and I lose 1 - 0, unbelievable.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Referees hate Belgians, as do opposition keepers.
On my game as Antwerp my strikers hate oppositon keepers. One of them managed to cause injuries to the starting keeper, the sub and the outfield player that replaced him in the space of 45 minutes.

phelans shorts

On my game as Antwerp my strikers hate oppositon keepers. One of them managed to cause injuries to the starting keeper, the sub and the outfield player that replaced him in the space of 45 minutes.
:lol:

As the national side in one game jaaskelainen had the fame of his life making it a 1-0 to finland, next game I have a player wrongly sent off for scoring a goal which was chalked out, a goal given for offside despite being level and the goalkeeper having a wondergame in a 3-1 loss to Germany.

cnuts.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
My QPR strikers are fecking hopeless. I need one in the January window who can put chances away. 7 clear cut chances in my last game and I lose 1 - 0, unbelievable.
They were all shit in my first season, I converted Taraabt into one to compensate.

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish
Started a game as Inter and did the double winning the league and Italian cup. Spurs beat me 1-0 in the Champions League final which was a bit of a disgrace. Bought a lot of players in the second season but decided to resign from Inter before the season started because I thought it would bore me. Continued a few months and then got offered the Newcastle job who were in relegation form and had such a shit team. Managed to save them and finished 14th and resigned at the end of the season.

Now in the third season and had no job until September. Spurs were 11th when Mancini got sacked and I took over. Now on a nine game winning streak up to 2nd. They had VDV in the reserves on the transfer list. Brought him back to the first team and he's been amazing, played 12 scored 11 assisted 9. Really need to buy some top defenders in January though since my defence isn't the greatest. Team is

-----------Gomes------------
Srna---Dawson---Tomkins---Riise
------Huddlestone---Sandro------
---Modric------VDV-------Bale
--------------Rossi-------------

Been some very strange manager moves to say the least. Wenger is at Inter and Sam Allardyce has taken over Arsenal. Redknapp is at City and Shearer is at Liverpool:lol: Moyes is at Chelsea and Michel Laudrop took the Everton job. Ancelotti is managing England and Roy Keane is managing Ireland.
I have spurs at the moment, I sadly had to sell VDV to Man Utd has I couldn't keep him happy once United came calling for him, as for defenders I have Ryan Shawcross and Phil Jones who probably get me 20goals a season between them, usually from corners. Also they solid at the back together.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
So i managed to snaffle up that immense striker and that Brazilian CB for a combined £40m pounds... With £36 of it being used on that immense striker, fecking hell I've never spent that much money in the game before, let alone for a 19 year old playing in Brazil. But it seemed FM wanted to be am absolute khunt to me.

Both players will be arriving in January. And I'm currently 6 wins from 6, with also a 2-1 win over Barcelona (their goal was an own goal too). Things are looking alright for the mighty R's.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I have spurs at the moment, I sadly had to sell VDV to Man Utd has I couldn't keep him happy once United came calling for him, as for defenders I have Ryan Shawcross and Phil Jones who probably get me 20goals a season between them, usually from corners. Also they solid at the back together.
How do you get them to score from corners? I for the life of me can't get then to score from corners, I even set them at attack far post, stand on far post and cross it to far post.

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
How do you get them to score from corners? I for the life of me can't get then to score from corners, I even set them at attack far post, stand on far post and cross it to far post.
All I do is get my best player at heading and jumping to attack far post, then cross it to far post. Usually gets my CB 7-10 goals.

gaz1185

With United's cup tie against Crawley coming up soon, I thought I’d start again after the transfer window and start a new game with Crawley, seeing how far I can take them! To be fair, starting in the lower league has got my interest in FM11 a lot more, it's getting too repetitive at times with the bigger clubs going for the same players all the time, this has given me the opportunity to look for bargains and unknowns I’ve never usually looked for.

But as I was arranging friendlies I noticed I had a match planned at home against United’s Reserves so kept it in my schedule. So, along came the match, my lack of transfers so far (Bar many trials at the club at the minute), I’ve possibly produced one of my finest ever matches on FM, United had some good players playing as you can see from below, so I’m chuffed to bits here:

:drool::devil:

Cina

They were all shit in my first season, I converted Taraabt into one to compensate.
I might do the same. Tommy Smith is good for me on the wing but he's an abomination as a striker, he just misses everything.

Incidentally, I'm on the verge of the sack it seems. I was down in 14th and the "last chance for" and "on the way out" things kept coming in, which was fair enough because I promised to challenge for promotion to the board, but then I miraculously won 4 games on the trot (after losing 3 games on the trot), 1 of which was against league leaders Burnley, I'm now in 8th, and there's only a 4 point gap between me and the team in 3rd (Burnley are Cardiff are miles ahead at the top, so I've given up hope on that) after 16 games played, and yet I'm still on the fecking verge of getting sacked.

I've just lost to Leeds though, but I'm still in 8th, albeit with a 5 point gap between me and 4th now. Still, I should not be on the verge, I've a fecking shit team!

Sw33t

Anyone know the best way to use and train Neymar?

Use him as a trequartista for when he's a ST. Any suggestions?

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
So I managed to pick up Mahamadou Sissoko and Kerlon for a grand total of £0.

Admittedly they are both 23 and pretty crap and most likely never going to amount to anything. But feck it- it's Kerlon and Sissoko!

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Anyone know the best way to use and train Neymar?

Use him as a trequartista for when he's a ST. Any suggestions?
I always play him out wide left and have him as an inside forward, gets bags of goals.

I just train his strength up gradually, as he's very lightweight. His finishing is relatively low, but he usually goes up to at least 15 in my games in the first couple of seasons.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Just been sacked from Antwerp. 0 wins in 12 with only 1 draw after going the previous season pushing promotion.

Applying for Arsenal job as Wenger's gone to Madrid. Mourinho is now at AC Milan after winning La Liga and the Champions League and Mancini's thrown a mental in the transfer market and bought Skrtel for £25 million after selling Tevez for £10 million to Inter. United finished 3rd, 10 points behind City in 2nd and 17 behind Chelsea in 1st. Arsenal finished 8th, Liverpool finished 12th, Spurs 6th, Villa 7th, Everton got relegated and Sunderland came 4th.

Sw33t

I always play him out wide left and have him as an inside forward, gets bags of goals.

I just train his strength up gradually, as he's very lightweight. His finishing is relatively low, but he usually goes up to at least 15 in my games in the first couple of seasons.
Was thinking of using him out wide, but Bale is turning into a fecking beast and Lennon/Modric are fighting for the right hand side and both doing well. Wanted Neymar as a ST or CAM preferably, as VDV is injury prone coming to the close of the season and Defoe is on something stupid like a 2400 minute goal draught.

He's doing alright as a trequartista at the moment, has to be said. Scored 4 in 5, one of them an absolute beauty. Highest flair player on my team by a mile and it clearly shows, always creating something out of nothing with skill.

Cheers

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

Admittedly they are both 23 and pretty crap and most likely never going to amount to anything. But feck it- it's Kerlon and Sissoko!
Nice, they'll both be handy. And at least you can flog them later and make some cashmoney if worst comes to worst.

Cina

The amount of wonder goals scored against me is just horribly depressing. Just conceded 3 30 yarders against Leeds.

Sitting in 5th and hoping to win the playoffs now.

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish

Man Utd bought Sissoko on mine in about 2017 for about £7m if memory recalls.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
The amount of wonder goals scored against me is just horribly depressing. Just conceded 3 30 yarders against Leeds.

Sitting in 5th and hoping to win the playoffs now.
Nice one. So who were your signings for the season?