Gaming Football Manager 2013

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Christ. I hardly used him so I doubt I'd get much more than 15 million.

Scratch that. I decided to offer him at £20 million and City came in with an offer at that price, tried to squeeze more out of Chelsea but they weren't having it. Great deal for me.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I just bought a young regen from Reading who had potential ability amounting to 4½ stars according to my 20/20 scout. Nevertheless he's now a player with 3½ stars worth of potential according to the coaches and not a month has passed, for feck's sake. :lol:

thepolice123

Won the treble on my third season with Utd.

Sold Nani for 38m and Hernandez for 22m. Bought Bruma for 16m and Lamela for 10m. I love this game. :lol:

Castia

Iv got Lemala playing inside forward from the right, he's a beast.
Iv never seen a player go downhill like Isco on my game, I bought him for 28m in my first season and he instantly got injured for 7 months..long story short he's been constantly injured for around 3 years now and his stats have dropped by about half, he's currently rated at 1 1/2 stars :S

Zen

Broke Shearers record with a regen....only took like 10 years to stick with a player long enough to do that. Though now he has to catch Rooney whos on 287, and also plays for me(at Arsenal and at age 38 retrained in CM). But yeah no big deal.

My striker is having his best season, as am I, in the league at least, bottled the CL, but 34 wins and 2 draws in the league with 2 to go, he needs 4 for 50 goals, and I need 9 to beat that Villa record of 128 goals in a season....Reading and QPR, doable.

Abysmal I'm only coming out of this season with the league, charity shield and fa cup though. But saviour the magic Zen.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Charity Shield against City in 2016 and I'm missing all of my international players so my team is pretty much my U18 squa! :lol: Oh dear FM...

Checked the City team, they have all of their players of course.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Charity Shield against City in 2016 and I'm missing all of my international players so my team is pretty much my U18 squa! :lol: Oh dear FM...

I hate when that happens. I've currently got a team built around some very good young regens. So I seem to lose half my best players every year for the early European qualifying rounds. Turns what should be an easy game into a nervy game where I'm just praying for a draw and hoping I get my decent players back for the second leg.

jeston

It's as if they're watching you. The next FM14 feature snippet revealed is..

Carl

That's just an old feature they're reintroducing.

Anyway, it's not the point. It should be coded so that it simply does not happen. They could perhaps be excused it happening if I was about 20 years into the game in some obscure league but I'm 4 years in in the Premier League.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
In August, going into my second season with Dortmund, and I can't recall Leitner from loan? He was out last year, and is still playing for Stuttgart. How the feck do I get him back?

Levo

Band of Brothers
In August, going into my second season with Dortmund, and I can't recall Leitner from loan? He was out last year, and is still playing for Stuttgart. How the feck do I get him back?

IIRC it's a 2 year loan, check the details.

Jacob

I got around to installing Championship Manager 99/00 :drool: Managed to sign Ronaldo from Inter for £30M at the age of 21. Now I only need to get Rio and maybe a decent left winger to cover for Giggs.

NoLogo

That's just an old feature they're reintroducing.

Anyway, it's not the point. It should be coded so that it simply does not happen. They could perhaps be excused it happening if I was about 20 years into the game in some obscure league but I'm 4 years in in the Premier League.

This stuff actually happened to me in my second season in Germany in the DFB-Pokal semi final where all my national team players were still traveling home from a national team game, bad thing is I didn't really have a second team because they don't play in a simulated league so it's not really worth keeping a second team.

But the whole fixture schedule really needs some work, I often enough had two weeks without football, not even national team football just to have 4 games in one week after that because teams I was going to play against had to move their schedules around due to Europa League games but instead of putting some other fixtures into the time spots that were open due to moved games they just left it without games.

RedMist99

Just encountered an infuriating bug. I'm Arsenal in the C.L quarter final first leg against Madrid. 1-1 and Varane gets sent off for elbowing Falcao. Later in the game Kedira gets sent off aswell so I go for it and push everyone forward to get the away win. 88th minute, still 1-1, Madrid break and who pops up to score? Raphael fecking Varane!

Liam147

On Probation
Taken five seasons but I've done a clean sweep of the trophies in my network game. Took all four home, beating Barcelona in the final of the CL. Lost the first leg of the semi final to my mate (Arsenal) 2-0, and won the second about 6-1 or something mental. His team were knackered. Beat City in the FA Cup.

Best XI is now probably something like:
DDG
Jones
Smalling
Evans (my best defender every year based on avg rating)
Gabriel (very young regen, great potential)
Zaha
Goretzka (look him up. He's only 22 on mine and he's absolutely brilliant)
Thiago
Bale (not finished a season yet. All three (or four) seasons end around March for him. Broken leg this time)
Neymar
Hernandez

Then I've got:
Benatia (decent defender, offers good cover)
Fabio
Pogba (I know)
Henriksen (another good midfielder who offers good cover)
Yarmolenko
Valencia (31, but switches seamlessly with Zaha. Broke PL assist record)
Rooney (who often plays instead of Hernandez. Asked to leave twice so far, no one wants him)

Few quality regens coming through now too.

Cina

I realised after two seasons that having Neymar is just cheating. He netted me 40+ every season. One year he got me 52.

Liam147

On Probation
Especially as you can get him so cheap as his contracts goes down. Nicked him for £20m and change. Problem was if I didn't get him my mate would've done, at a time he was handing my arse to me at City. Lewandowski was brilliant.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck

That happened to me in FM11. Except it was the Champions League final against Bayern.

Played Park at left back, Valencia & Giggs in midfield and still somehow managed to win.

BD

Fergie is trying to take over United in my save for £376M! :lol: What a lad.

NoLogo

The man management part of this game just does my head in. Player makes two individual mistakes that lead to direct goals and gets a 4.40 rating. After that I have a talk with him saying he wasn't good enough defensively but he feels I'm being unfair to him. :lol:

Yeah alright, have fun in the reserves my friend. Too bad I just extended this kids contract or else he would go straight on the transferlist.

Oh yeah I also forgot to mention that I lost the second tie in the Europa League with 4-0 after winning the first tie 4-1. At this stage I know that when I win the first time fairly high I will with almost 100% certain go out in the second tie because my players forgot how to play. I know my opponents will have a go at me so I play counter attacking, trying to use the space they leave going forward but know I concede two goals from balls being played behind my deep defensive line, you just can't make this shit up.

nimic

something nice
Scout
My Chester just lost in the FA Cup replay against Southampton in a close fought match.

Man of the Match? Bébé.

In other news, the current Liverpool manager is Steve Round, and the current United manager is the guy who, before joining Valencia from Chelsea, released John Terry from his contract and then resigned the day after. Brendan Rodgers was sacked by Liverpool, and is now Arsenal manager.

Neither of those are as unlikely as this, though: Mancini is still City manager.

JmRssll555

Only 2015 and you've managed to do that with Arsenal?! Well played.

What's your first XI and who have you bought and sold each season?

NoLogo

My Chester just lost in the FA Cup replay against Southampton in a close fought match.

Man of the Match? Bébé.

In other news, the current Liverpool manager is Steve Round, and the current United manager is the guy who, before joining Valencia from Chelsea, released John Terry from his contract and then resigned the day after. Brendan Rodgers was sacked by Liverpool, and is now Arsenal manager.

Neither of those are as unlikely as this, though: Mancini is still City manager.
The funny thing in my career save game he was manager of City until then end of the 2017/18 season winning 6 league titles in a row. In 2018/19 he finished only 5th in the league and decided it was time to leave City for Valencia. In other words he didn't get sacked but just quit his job at City for the almost bankrupt Spanish club and to his credit finished 4th and got sacked. :lol:

Oh yeah and Steve Bruce took over after Mancini and led them straight back to winning the league for the 7th time in 8 years. They still haven't won the CL though. :D

Carl

Poacher.

He's also mint behind the striker though, got me 41 goals and 22 assists one season in that role.
I had him as a poacher last seasn and he was very ordinary.

RedMist99

Only 2015 and you've managed to do that with Arsenal?! Well played.

What's your first XI and who have you bought and sold each season?
Cheers, I haven't actually changed the squad drastically. Sczezney, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Wilshere are all absolutely class. All I've done is add some proper bite to the midfield and whacked Falcao up top!

Squad:

Transfer History:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Just finished my 2nd season with post-takeover mega rich Sheffield Wednesday, and this game has just gone full-tilt bonkers.

Finished 3rd. Spurs won it on the last day as they won and City lost, ironically to QPR 3-2. IT KNOWS.

Yeah, you read that right. Liverpool deducted 9 points. Why?

Administration. Transfer Embargo. Nuclear Lolocaust.

This was my best 11 and best formation. I call it NO BALL FOR YOU!! It works. Possession hogging, for the win. Pogatetz was just UNREAL. 8.00+ ratings every game. Got the highest average rating in the league.

Frimpong is batshit. 4 red cards, 13 yellows. He injured John Terry in both games against Chelsea. Hate racists. Love Frimpong.

*** run :drool: Srs. WTF? One thousand goals.

After this I went on a 6 game goal drought, drawing 4 and losing 2.

Dunno what happened to Manchester United here, but they went through this run. Poor Fergie.

Now it's time for the World Cup. Welbeck is gonna win it for England. I just know it. The boy is a total brute. Got 24 in 30 games for me, plus 9 assists. Have it.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Fergie got sacked just after that season ended. Marcelo Bielsa left Spurs and took the United job. He immediately bought Messi and Ronaldo. The full-tilt bonkers continues.

I saved it there, then quit Wednesday, and I'm roaming unemployed under a new save. If I regret it, I'll go back. Alternate timeline!

I want to land a job in Germany, but not Bayern or Dortmund. So far, they are the only jobs I've been offered, Sods law.

BD

Thats the second or third time I've got 10/11 in FM13, but have never gotten 11, even though Gundogan was the odd one out and he got a rating of 8.5!

nimic

something nice
Scout
feck. My Chester got promoted to the Championship. I was sort of hoping that wouldn't happen, but I don't have it in me to avoid it on purpose. I only spent one season in League 2 as well, which means my team is really really not suited for the Championship. My team is pretty good, but a couple of my best are already leaving on a free, since successive promotions coupled with a 25% wage increase makes for wages my 6k stadium can't pay.

This is going to be... interesting.

NoLogo

Everyone who likes FM should have a look at this quarterly e-mag ClearCutChance pretty good read imo.

It's a collaboration with between multiple FM bloggers and I found the articles about the tacticel side of the game especially interesting.

It can be downloaded at http://clearcutchance.com/ and is available on PDF as well as for Android and iOS devices.

Levo

Band of Brothers
LFC Marshall's new update is out today for anyone interested, think I'll set myself a real hard challenge and go for......Madrid.