Gaming Football Manager 2013

Minkaro

So, Danny Welbeck just handed in a transfer request the day after the window closed.

Stupid boy.

thepolice123

I swear to god this game engine is extremely erratic. Was on a 28 game winning streak. Seems like nothing could stand in my way. Scored a bunch of last minute goals, played against Mancity and I had 2 penalties and got two of their players sent off.:lol:

Came up against Spurs, gave them an absolute battering for 90mins but lost 1-0. Whats worst is that the goal came from my ex-player Kagawa. I even had a legit goal disallowed. Raged at the officals and they remained silent.

Minkaro

Ryan Giggs is the new Leeds boss on my save.

I offer him a job working for me, and this is how he repays me? I cannot let this treachery go unpunished. I'm going to find out who his best player is, and I'm going to sign them. AND NEVER PLAY THEM.

NoLogo

Wow those press articles are just awesome. Just battered Valencia 5-1 at home and the headline is "Scrappy win enough to satisfy NoLogo." In what world is a 5-1 win a "scrappy win"? Or does scrappy mean awesome, dominant, amazing and I'm just not aware of it?

Ralaks

Giggs is my assistant! I've got a shitload of ex-Players as staff purely for the fun of it! Messi & Rooney is my u18 manager and assistant. Coaches include Smalling, Javi Martinez, G Nev and Jones. Gibson is a physio, they are not particularly good but I enjoy the familier names!

Vidic manager Preston for a while before retiring due not to getting any new jobs, Keano broke the Scottish dominance with Hearts!

nimic

something nice
Scout
Heh, Arsenal just offered me the job. If it wasn't for the fact that this is the Chester game, I might just take it. Their wage budget is merely 17 times more than mine. They are last in the Premier League after 15 games played. They must be getting really desperate to offer me the job. I am admittedly doing much better in the Championship than expected (relegation), but then again the last time I was here I did get relegated.

Oh, and their last manager was Norwegian stalwart Ståle Solbakken. He lasted 2 and a half months. Guardiola had the job a few years ago, and he lasted four months.

Zen

You from Chester or just randomly choose them?

Haven't had a good old Chester game in a long long time, need to put in such an effort to get them that high up, fair play to you. Hate seeing all these stories about how people get their local teams to the Champions League in 5 years....it's genuinely not that easy. So you usually know they are editing for the most part. Championship was the the highest I could ever get Chester though in some 20 year games, kinda stagnates for me.

Stale Solbakken is Man Utd manager in my near 15 year Arsenal game too, odd, always plays a boring epically defensive 442 with 2 deep lying forwards counter attacking, but he's been in charge for like 8 years. DDG wins Golden Gloves every year, but they usually come in third. It's odd because when I went defensive due to injuries in a United game, the board said they wanted me to play attacking football -_-

nimic

something nice
Scout
You from Chester or just randomly choose them?

Haven't had a good old Chester game in a long long time, need to put in such an effort to get them that high up, fair play to you. Hate seeing all these stories about how people get their local teams to the Champions League in 5 years....it's genuinely not that easy. So you usually know they are editing for the most part. Championship was the the highest I could ever get Chester though in some 20 year games, kinda stagnates for me.

Stale Solbakken is Man Utd manager in my near 15 year Arsenal game too, odd, always plays a boring epically defensive 442 with 2 deep lying forwards counter attacking, but he's been in charge for like 8 years. DDG wins Golden Gloves every year, but they usually come in third. It's odd because when I went defensive due to injuries in a United game, the board said they wanted me to play attacking football -_-
I'm not from Chester, no. I did randomly choose them, but that was back in CM2 97/98. Since then they sort of became my Champ Manager team. When everything sort of went wrong for them I had to pick another, and that became Maidenhead United. Now that Chester are back (sort of), I decided to have a game with them, for old time's sake.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I just took a look at City in my game. Here's a few of their players:

Thiago
Oxlade-Chamberlain (signed from Liverpool, who signed from Chelsea, who signed from Arsenal)
Fabregas
David Alaba
Marco Veratti
Raphael Varane
Tom Cleverley
Shinji Kagawa

NoLogo

So after winning the league last season in record breaking fashion for the first time with my Gladbach side the ride continues. First 6 games all won with a goal difference of 25-2. :D

Oh yeah and Manchester United won the CL last season for the first time since 2008 and beat Barcelona in the final who lost their second final in a row now. They won 2-0 with the goals being scored by Wilshere and Oxlade-Chamberlain. :lol:

I hope I can go this season past the quarter final of the CL where United knocked me out last season. I lost 1-2 at Old Trafford and couldn't convert any of the good chances I had at home to win the game. My lads were just to inexperienced last season but now with my first league win in the bag I hope that we will do better.

I want to win the CL at least once before I consider taking an offer from a bigger club. So far Milan, Juventus, Bayern and Liverpool have approached me but I think I would only take a job from Manchester United at this point because I have build an amazing team at Gladbach which I will have a hard time leaving if I ever do.

Oh and unfortunately for the Muppets Ronnie won't end his career with United. ;)

He joined them last season on a free and for a second I thought about snatching him up but then decided against it.

Zen

Wow. On every single one of my games Ronaldo retires unless he's given like 200k to 300k to retire on. Same shit with Messi, who well won't from Barca anyway, Ronnie you can get as I've given him a few 1 yr 300k deals for sentimental reasons.

NoLogo

What skin are you using NoLogo?

Also, what year are you in? You're putting my Leverkusen team to shame in my 2nd season.

The skin I use is called "Nuu Skin" and I think I got it from FMBase.

I'm in the year 2022 and the results above are mainly a result of most teams not doing a great job at building a competitive squad, even Bayern and Dortmund usually sell all their best players to English or Spanish clubs, and me snatching up some of the best youngsters in the game that now have matured into world class players. Took me around 5 seasons to build that team.

JmRssll555

Giggs is my assistant! I've got a shitload of ex-Players as staff purely for the fun of it! Messi & Rooney is my u18 manager and assistant. Coaches include Smalling, Javi Martinez, G Nev and Jones. Gibson is a physio, they are not particularly good but I enjoy the familier names!

Vidic manager Preston for a while before retiring due not to getting any new jobs, Keano broke the Scottish dominance with Hearts!
What year are you in mate?!

It sounds like your game has gone a bit mad! Haha!

Ralaks

What year are you in mate?!

It sounds like your game has gone a bit mad! Haha!

Halfway through the 2032/33 season

It's pretty interesting, I feel like I've played this game forever, yet I've not passed Sir Alex record years in charge, mental.

nimic

something nice
Scout
What a crazy season. So I got relegated from the Championship in my first try a few years ago, as expected. Three consecutive promotions (spent three season in Blue Square Premier, then one each in L2 and L1) was just about too much for my squad, particularly since I lost some players along the way due to their contracts now being way way beyond what I could extend.

I managed to get right back up, and though I had a better team than last time, I was still preparing for a relegation battle. Not so. I somehow managed to stay top half, constantly expecting my good streak to run out and normal service to resume. I finished 6th, within Playoff. There I beat Blackburn after 0-0 at home and then a crazy 4-0 away. Now I am set to play Nottingham Forest for promotion to the Premier fecking League. I would go straight down, no mistake, but it would be worth it for that TV money. I beat Nottingham Forest 2-0 away in the last regular game of the season, but I still don't think I'm going to win now.

Still, amazing season. Oh, and United just won the league again, after City won 5 in a row.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Lost on penalties.

Heartbreak.

Edit: And now they want to build a new stadium. Big loan. And they won't name it after me, because I'm only an icon, not a legend. I hope it doesn't have that much expansion capabilities.

NoLogo

Woohoo I made it to the CL final, beating City and Barcelona on my way, for the first time in my career save game. :D

My opponents will be non other than Manchester United.

They have won it the year before and now I unfortunately have to destroy their dream of being the first team to defend their title. :(

Edit: done it. 4-1 Victory after 90 minutes. Went down 0-1 after 15 minutes and threw everything at them to win the final. :D

I hope United offers me that manager job now. :devil:

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Just noticed that Montoya has been put of contract for a few months now, yet is still playing for me and it seems I'm still paying him? Its as though I own him but I dont have him under official contract or anything, and I can even offer him to other clubs for a fee. Does this normally happen?

nimic

something nice
Scout
I'm in the Premier League! Absolutely chuffed! Adversity is fun, sometimes, so I wasn't that bothered when I got relegated from the Championship a few seasons ago, but making it to the Premier League is the big one. I'll make more money from TV money than I have from everything else put together so far. I might go back down again, but even that would be worth it.

Incredibly, I have one player who has been with me from my first season in Blue Square Premier up until today, he's got over 300 league games for the club now. He's very likely not good enough for the Premier League, but he'll be well remembered. FM 2014 is out soon, but I'll play this save until I've won the Premier League and the Champions League. It's not like 14 will be that different from 13, and I can play both.

Just noticed that Montoya has been put of contract for a few months now, yet is still playing for me and it seems I'm still paying him? Its as though I own him but I dont have him under official contract or anything, and I can even offer him to other clubs for a fee. Does this normally happen?
They can choose to stay, yes. I'm not sure if that's always the case, or just under certain conditions. Few people choose to stay, but if they do then that does happen.

Flying Fox

Started a game with Crystal Palace about a week ago. Playing Derby in the Championship and managed to get Jonathon Parr to get Jordi Alba-esque numbers in terms of passing 99 from 111. Chuffed with that. Ashley Richards on the other flank is getting there. Been trying to implement a possession-based 4-3-3 with the squad, and for the most part, it works. Jedinak is a beast spraying the ball from deep and breaking up attacks.

The squad's not the best though, as they're liable to a few freak results, like a 5-1 loss away to Blackpool when they scored 5 in the last 20 minutes. cnuts

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
So I just drew with Huddersfield. My left back equalised for them:

Minkaro

It's the guy who's scored the hat-trick that's angered as well :lol:

Although that might be because you're delighted with the guy above him, and now he's saying "delighted with one assist? I've scored three fecking goals over here!"

NinjaFletch

It's the guy who's scored the hat-trick that's angered as well :lol:

Although that might be because you're delighted with the guy above him, and now he's saying "delighted with one assist? I've scored three fecking goals over here!"

That's probably it, individual team talks effect the whole team occasionally.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
I keep wanting to start playing FM again but i then think 'oh but the new one is coming soon, best wait till then'. So annoying!