g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Football Manager 2015

pascell

Anyone know how to prevent injuries? I've got a game upcoming and cannot select anyone for the bench due to injuries. I've had one game, were I've had 4 players go off injured, so finished the game with 10 men.

LARulz

I sabotaged my own title run in :(

Me (Athletic) and Barca have been pretty much unbeaten in the league since I took over and they were 4 points ahead with 2 games to go. I got to the Spanish cup final vs Atletico who were playing Barca 3 days later. We went into extra time and then when those Atletico twats played Barca they got thumped 6-0 at home. Saw the team and all of them had next to no fitness.

I played Zenit in a full 120 mins 3 days before the final where we had another 120 mins. But I still won my league game. Bunch of pricks.

All of Barca's last 5 or so games teams seem to have rolled over. Real Sociedad (biggest rivals) got 5 knocked past them the game before. Add to that the endless list of injuries to my key front men. I'd be calling shenanigans if this was real.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Anyone know how to prevent injuries? I've got a game upcoming and cannot select anyone for the bench due to injuries. I've had one game, were I've had 4 players go off injured, so finished the game with 10 men.
Don't train too heavily. I never go above medium workload for any players (unless they're crap and I feel like punishing them with a lot of training).
Hire more/better physios and make sure you've got two great fitness coaches, they're not hard to find. If they have 16+ in determination, motivating, level of discipline and fitness training, they'll have 4,5 or 5 star training. For physios, you should look at physioteraphy (obviously),motivating, determination and man management (although not as important as the other stats).

NoLogo

The season isn't going too well so far. I am sitting in 14th place after 18 games so nothing lost but somehow I can't buy a goal atm and opposition teams just waltz through my defense with 2 vs. 5 scoring for fun from every ankle possible and impossible. Need to hit a good patch of games soon or I'll be finding myself in the relegation zone sooner then later.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Don't train too heavily. I never go above medium workload for any players (unless they're crap and I feel like punishing them with a lot of training).
Hire more/better physios and make sure you've got two great fitness coaches, they're not hard to find. If they have 16+ in determination, motivating, level of discipline and fitness training, they'll have 4,5 or 5 star training. For physios, you should look at physioteraphy (obviously),motivating, determination and man management (although not as important as the other stats).
Physios do nothing but determine how long a player will be out for.

NoLogo

Wow so last game of the season I had to play the third placed team with me sitting in 4th place and I won 3-2. Which means I finished third and now have a chance to get promotion through play-offs. Well let's see how this goes. My opponents will be Cologne.

NoLogo

Well that could have went better. Lost my last striker in the first leg and two other important first team members and lost the game 0-2 despite dominating from start to finish. Now I have to play the second leg without a striker and overturn a 2 goal deficit. Odds firmly stacked against me here.

Edit:

Well as predicted no turn around in the second leg with so many first team players missing and trying to use a CB as a target man. I lost the playoffs in the first round though I feel as I was the better team there and should have won.

But maybe it's a good thing I didn't get promoted with this squad, this way I have another season to build a squad that may have a chance to survive in the Bundesliga.

Last edited:

Gasolin

So after a long pause from FM15 I currently having a go at playing with my home town club (SV Darmstadt 98) in Germany's second division. I'm predicted to finish 16th this season let's see if I can overachieve as much as they are currently in real life. I don't expect immediate promotion but I hope a top half finish will be possible.

In the long run I of course want to turn them into a European power house of football but given the shitty stadium, shitty youth setup and very low reputation it will take a few seasons until I get there.
Oh nice, I used to study in Darmstadt some years ago!!!
Are you still there?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I've scored 110 Goals, went a season unbeaten, BPITW award, BYPITW award, Septuple, Manager of the year, and everything, but for the love of god I never had the best goal of the season... even for the month is too much to ask

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If you come in second but manage to win a cup, then they wont fire you.
What if I finish third and reach CL final, will they sack me? That will still be significant overachieving for Tottenham!

Sarni

How do you deal with the lack of hunger in this game after a certain time at the club? I've been at Tottenham for only a year yet I struggle to motivate myself to go into the second season with them because I've won everything in my first. I haven't even played a single Champions League game but cannot bring myself to get into my second season properly, despite having a brilliant side cut out exactly to my needs. If I had the choice to leave them now and go to another place, Arsenal or something, I know I would.

Lastwolf

I took a team from the conference to the premiership, it's been a lot of fun, frustrating a lot of the time but fun for the most part. Adapting tactics, upgrading the team to overwhelm the league and progress on, the released player lists have been my best friend for years. I finish 4th, win the FA cup and of course qualify for the CL and it's like a punch in the dick.

United's manager quits and they offer me job, it's 2022 so it's not like it'd be as boring to play as United as it normally is.

I stay strong and say no, board rejects my request to increase wage budget or tranfsfer budget to boot, so thanks for nothing I guess.

United, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, PSG and Bayern carve my team up like a Christmas turkey, my entire back four get 30million+ bids and I offer them everything, they flat out won't stay as all of sudden they want to win the CL and don't think I can do it.
Which fair play, I probably won't but neither will Arsenal they finished 10th.

I managed to keep hold of my best player, despite the £60 million bids cause he's my captain and he loves the club or whatever, but I basically have to sign 10 players, so okay I've got good warchest to spend now ~£150million, so I try to buy one player and their club ask for 111million...

I talk them down to 20million plus a bucket load of addons, player is not interested in joining a club like yours, won't even talk to me. He's 17 years old and plays for West Brom for gods sake.

Last edited:

gaz1185

Anyone getting these type of ridiculous results in the Dutch league? Vietto and Depay are scoring hat tricks on a regular basis for me and it's sort of getting boring.
I started a game with PSV over the weekend too, mainly for Depay, it's a pretty ridiculous league - even though I can hardly sign any players and rely on loans, which is good as I was keen to focus on youth with PSV and signing Dutch players on permanent deals. But I'm finding it far too easy still, unbeaten in the league & cup and only dropped two points away to Ajax. Depay has 50 goals in all competitions already playing as a AML IF and I still have about 6 games to go. The challenge for next season will be to improve the squad for the Champions League whilst losing the likes of Rekik, Saul & Herivas who are all on loan, tying down about 6 players who have all demanded new contracts due to larger clubs being interested and probably using up most of my wage budget... Should be fun :lol:

Gasolin

Ah nice, what did you study? I moved back to Darmstadt about a year a go when I started working in Frankfurt last summer.
I was at the TUD in NKT as an exchange student. It was basically IT and wireless communications. I used to go to Frankfurt for the Eintracht games sometimes when we wanted to watch some football.

Which area do you work now in Frankfurt?

NoLogo

I was at the TUD in NKT as an exchange student. It was basically IT and wireless communications. I used to go to Frankfurt for the Eintracht games sometimes when we wanted to watch some football.

Which area do you work now in Frankfurt?
Sachsenhausen. It's a nice area but finding a flat there is almost impossible and when I found a flat in Darmstadt I decided to go back home for a few years and see how long I will be working in Frankfurt before I make the effort again of finding something to live in that city.

NoLogo

How do you deal with the lack of hunger in this game after a certain time at the club? I've been at Tottenham for only a year yet I struggle to motivate myself to go into the second season with them because I've won everything in my first. I haven't even played a single Champions League game but cannot bring myself to get into my second season properly, despite having a brilliant side cut out exactly to my needs. If I had the choice to leave them now and go to another place, Arsenal or something, I know I would.
I either start a game with a team that is really hard to promote atm or I try to set my self a goal of beating SAF's record or something like that. :D

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Doing quite well in my first season at United, coming in second place with 10 games to play, although Liverpool are ahead by 5 points they have to come to Old Trafford.

Trying to stop relying on goals from Rooney/RVP/Falcao by playing a front three that includes atleast two of Januzaj, Depay, and Nathan Redmond. I actually lined up like this at home to Stoke and won 3-1 with Redmond scoring, and Depay bagging a brace.

---------------------------Depay------------------------
Januzaj-----------------------------------------Redmond
--------------------Cook----------Romero---------------
----------------------------Blind--------------------------

Shaw----------Balanta----------Jones----------Rafael
---------------------------De Gea-------------------------

Smalling

Rojo
Fellaini
Mata
Di Maria
Rooney
Falcao

The starting 11 has great potential, but I feel I'll need another defensive midfielder, or someone like Barkley and play Romero at 4. Trying to have as many English players in the team as possible, so if Wilson develops (currently getting first team football at WBA) he'll replace Januzaj in the starting 11 and Depay will go out to the left wing. Smalling of course replaces Balanta if I'm trying to go even further.

Eventually I would like to start a premier league game with 10 english players (Nobody is going to replace De Gea)

---------------------------Rooney------------------------
Wilson-----------------------------------------Redmond
--------------------Barkley-----Powell---------------
----------------------------Cook--------------------------

Shaw----------Smalling---------Jones----------Clyne

Unless Rooney gets old, in which case I'll need to buy someone like Sterling or OX and play Wilson up front. Although I have 3/4 very good prospects in the youth set up. Disregarding all this, my best team at the moment is

---------------------------Van Persie--------------------
Depay------------------------------------------Di Maria
----------------------Mata-------Rooney-----------------
----------------------------Romero-------------------------

Shaw------------Rojo------------Jones----------Rafael

Smalling
Balanta

Blind
Fellaini
Redmond

Januzaj
Falcao

I do really need a defensive midfielder...
Ended up finishing second and winning the FA cup. I've sold Young for 7.5 million, Herrera for 2 million, Powell for 6 million and released a bunch of kids, bringing in 40 million. I also bought Bender for 30 million (15 over 48 months) and he'll slot in nicely as my HB meaning Romero can push for Fellainis spot in midfield. Strootman in a possible signing though, and I need some over in the fullback positions.

NoLogo

Alright brought in 6 fairly promising players for free. No major upgrades as it's not in my wage budget to go for some of the better players but I fixed some of the weaknesses in my team and I'm confident that this year a promotion is possible.

Sarni

I either start a game with a team that is really hard to promote atm or I try to set my self a goal of beating SAF's record or something like that. :D
I think I will try Valencia now before moving on to a lower league team. I have the whole April to play Football Manager at work after I've handed in my resignation and hardly have anything to do, I think I still have 2-3 good careers ahead of me. After Valencia it'll be a Segunda Division team I think.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Started a game with Stoke.

First window turned off so no ins/outs.

First game Villa (Away) smashed them 5-2, Sunderland (Home) followed with a 5-0 drubbing of the black cats :D

Last edited:

Berbaclass

I'm losing 1-0 away to West Ham and after I've made 2 subs by striker gets injured. Had Crouch on the bench so went to bring him on but subbed Palacios on by mistake and it was too late, I'd already clicked confirm before I'd realised.

Palacios scored twice in the last 15 minutes and I won 2-1 :lol:

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
My boy Ramirez is on fire at the moment... The Mexican Ronaldo?

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I'm losing 1-0 away to West Ham and after I've made 2 subs by striker gets injured. Had Crouch on the bench so went to bring him on but subbed Palacios on by mistake and it was too late, I'd already clicked confirm before I'd realised.

Palacios scored twice in the last 15 minutes and I won 2-1 :lol:
Sounds like excellent management to me. :rolleyes:

Sarni

OK, so I started with Valencia, brought Kranevitter to bolster defensive midfield (Fuego is old and not very good) and needed a winger so bought two from Ajax - Kishna and Fischer. Defence is very strong in centre with Mustafi and Otamendi, I like Gaya on the left so far but I'd like someone to replace Barragan on the right. Midfielders are great - Dani Parejo, Andre Gomes and Enzo Perez are all great so I won't change much there for years. Negredo is only a loan and Alcacer has been poor so far for me but I think he'll come around.

Won my first three games of season, then predictably got beaten by Barcelona at Camp Nou - not really the sort of game I'll expect to get points in but I still gave a good account of my team there, I want to win smaller games and make top 4 in my first season to get some European joy. I think I'll try to get 2-3 players next season, two full backs and a striker.

NoLogo

So I got 5 games in the new 15/16 season in yesterday and won all 5 of them fairly comfortably. Despite my main striker picking up a 3 month injury after coming back from a 5 month injury. But if no major injury crisis is going to decimate my squad I'm quite positive I can manage promotion this season.

Sarni

Feck, I'm leading the league after 7 games by 5 points. I don't want to win the league.

Castia

SI Games are teasing something on Twitter/Facebook, they're unveiling it at midday (any time now) but the FM account is also advertising it, wonder if it's FM related.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If its the same as the games before, mid to high level training as standard, with a day off minimum after each match.

If its a long break (IE 2 weeks between matches) you give them two days off after the game and a two days off before the next one. Restrict your best players to 45 minutes only for international friendlies and withdraw them if the coaches ignore your instructions.

If you notice, the game will do certain things regularly that you cant avoid however:

Your strikers/defenders will ALL be injured at the same time at one point in the season.
Your best player will ALWAYS be injured on international duty.
One of your players will ALWAYS pick up a 3 month ham string injury every season.
Every player you sell will have a blinder against you the first time you face them.

The injuries above are not due to the the training style, they would happen no matter what training style I used.

Berbaclass

Looks like they've released a full version of FMC on tablets :eek:

Looks identical to the PC version!

A whole new dimension of football management is coming to high-end tablets!
We’re incredibly excited to reveal that Football Manager Classic 2015, is coming to high-end iOS and Android tablet devices on Thursday 9th April(midnight, local time), giving FM fans the most authentic management simulation on the go, ever!

FMC was first introduced as a standalone game mode in FM13, and if you’re yet to try it out, it allows players to simplify the way you manage by focusing on the essentials of taking your team to the top. This means you can still enjoy the 3D match engine, plus full a FM database of players, but in a less time-consuming way.

Now the FMC experience comes to high-end tablets for the very first time, which lets you take control of any real-world club (from a selection of 117 leagues from 51 nations) and lead them to glory!

Want some more details?

• How does Football Manager Classic 2015 compare to Football Manager Handheld 2015? Good question. See the answer. We're working to expand this list and will add new devices as and when we can. If you device isn't listed, keep checking back or keep an eye out for our announcements on Facebook and Twitter.
  • Which devices can I play Football Manager Classic 2015 on? Another good question! Reveal the device list.
So what features do you get in FMC15?

• An Immersive Match Day Experience – including 3D match engine
    For the first time on tablet you can watch the action unfold through the 3D match engine, choosing from a wide variety of camera angles. Plus, you can benefit from a stream of detailed in-game stats and reports, advice from your Assistant and additional score updates from the rest of the league.
  • An Intuitive, Touchscreen-optimised Menu System
    Everything you need to control every aspect of your club is literally available at your fingertips.
  • Global Player Scouting
    Oversee a comprehensive scouting network to help you unearth the next superstar from a database of more than 150,000 players across the world. Recruit your scouts based on their knowledge of leagues and regions and get in-depth scout reports alongside clear search options and results.
  • Player, Staff and Media Interaction
    Want to put your point across to the press, lay down the law to your players or demand more from the board? It’s all here.
  • Comprehensive Player and Team Training
    Take full control over the development of your squad and their day-to-day training; set a general team focus, outline specific routines for individual players or even schedule rest days. Or, if you want to keep your mind on match days, you can delegate all of this to your Assistant.
  • A Flexible Management Structure
    You decide how much control you have over day-to-day club management. Either delegate tasks to your Assistant Manager or immerse yourself in every aspect of the club. You can even choose to hire a Director of Football to deal with transfers or a Head of Youth Development to look after young talent.
  • An Accelerated Gameplay Option
    With Football Manager Classic 2015 you can choose the ‘instant result’ option to skip straight to the end of a match and thereby accelerate your progress. Should you choose this option, match plans allow you to decide upon a strategy for your team to follow whatever situation may arise during the game.
  • Challenge Mode
    Test your management skills with a range of short-term challenges. Can you win a trophy with a team consisting almost entirely of kids, or could you guide your club to safety despite being bottom of the table after half a season?
  • Plus Much, Much More…
    Football Manager Classic 2015 also includes a wealth of other options, including, deep post-match analysis and a variety of in-game unlockables for those managers who want to accelerate their progress.
If FMC15 doesn’t show in your local store straight away at midnight, then be patient. It’ll be propagating and will appear soon.

Welcome to the future of FM!

Last edited:

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Glory Glory Denis Irwin
I've scored 110 Goals, went a season unbeaten, BPITW award, BYPITW award, Septuple, Manager of the year, and everything, but for the love of god I never had the best goal of the season... even for the month is too much to ask
I've found this in the recent versions of FM too. I finally got lucky and won goal of the season about 2 weeks ago after Pogba ran onto the end of a good team passing move and tonked one into the far corner from about 30 yards.
If you want to do it for the achievement then the fastest way is probably to pick a team that is going to dominate most games, buy players with good long shots and tell them to shoot often. It'll come eventually!

Sarni

Looks like they've released a full version of FMC on tablets :eek:

Looks identical to the PC version!
That sounds fantastic. I assume it'd work perfectly well on a Nexus 9 and new iPad Air? I love FM on my Nexus 6, its big screen is perfect for it really and it's simplified enough to make for a comfortable play at work which is what I've been doing for a good few months.

Incredible the way my Valencia play. I had to dig up a save from 2 games in because the old one was corrupt due to my phone checking out randomly which meant I lost my win against Sevilla but also defeat at Barcelona - this time I won both, as well as 11 following games. I'm currently sitting top of the league with 15 wins, 0 draws and 0 defeats, 31 goals scored and only 5 conceded. Madrid are trailing by 19 points albeit with 3 games in hand. I still don't think I'm going to win the league, Real Madrid will probably winall their remaining games but Champions League is as good as sorted. I'd probably have to lose all my remaining games to drop it now. :lol: All that with virtually unchanged team, Kranevitter is the only signing that's had a significant impact. I'll have two main saves in both of which I have an upper mid-table sides overachieving massively (Tottenham and Valencia).

Defensively this Valencia team has been something else. I hardly concede, 5 goals in 15 games and not a single goal conceded in the cup so far. The lack of European distraction helps my case too. I grind out lots of 1-0s but that's good for a team like this. I'm bound to have a crisis sooner than later but right now I can afford to lose 4 games in a row and stay top.

Berbaclass

That sounds fantastic. I assume it'd work perfectly well on a Nexus 9 and new iPad Air? I love FM on my Nexus 6, its big screen is perfect for it really and it's simplified enough to make for a comfortable play at work which is what I've been doing for a good few months.

Incredible the way my Valencia play. I had to dig up a save from 2 games in because the old one was corrupt due to my phone checking out randomly which meant I lost my win against Sevilla but also defeat at Barcelona - this time I won both, as well as 11 following games. I'm currently sitting top of the league with 15 wins, 0 draws and 0 defeats, 31 goals scored and only 5 conceded. Madrid are trailing by 19 points albeit with 3 games in hand. I still don't think I'm going to win the league, Real Madrid will probably winall their remaining games but Champions League is as good as sorted. I'd probably have to lose all my remaining games to drop it now. :lol: All that with virtually unchanged team, Kranevitter is the only signing that's had a significant impact. I'll have two main saves in both of which I have an upper mid-table sides overachieving massively (Tottenham and Valencia).

Defensively this Valencia team has been something else. I hardly concede, 5 goals in 15 games and not a single goal conceded in the cup so far. The lack of European distraction helps my case too. I grind out lots of 1-0s but that's good for a team like this. I'm bound to have a crisis sooner than later but right now I can afford to lose 4 games in a row and stay top.
Device list:

iOS
iPad Air (1 and 2)
iPad Mini (2 and 3)

Android
Acer Iconia Tab 8 A1-840FHD
Asus Memo Pad 8 ME181C
Asus Transformer Pad TF103C
Asus Transformer Pad TF303CL
Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE
Lenovo Tab S8
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 HD+
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 10.1
LG G Pad 8.3
LG G Pad 8.3 LTE
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 LTE
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 LTE
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 3G/LTE
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE
Sony Xperia Tablet Z LTE
Sony Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet LTE
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Wi-Fi
Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet LTE

Coming Soon
Asus Fonepad 8 FE380CG
Asus Memo Pad 10 ME103K
Asus Memo Pad 8 ME581CL
HP Pro Slate 10 EE G1
HP Pro Slate 12
HP Slate 17
HTC Nexus 9
Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 8.0
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Pro
Nokia N1
Nvidia Shield
Nvidia Shield LTE
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 3G
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 3G
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Sarni

Nexus 9 coming soon, works for me I guess.

NoLogo

Device list:

iOS
iPad Air (1 and 2)
iPad Mini (2 and 3)

Android
Acer Iconia Tab 8 A1-840FHD
Asus Memo Pad 8 ME181C
Asus Transformer Pad TF103C
Asus Transformer Pad TF303CL
Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE
Lenovo Tab S8
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 HD+
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 10.1
LG G Pad 8.3
LG G Pad 8.3 LTE
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 LTE
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 LTE
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 3G/LTE
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE
Sony Xperia Tablet Z LTE
Sony Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet LTE
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Wi-Fi
Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet LTE

Coming Soon
Asus Fonepad 8 FE380CG
Asus Memo Pad 10 ME103K
Asus Memo Pad 8 ME581CL
HP Pro Slate 10 EE G1
HP Pro Slate 12
HP Slate 17
HTC Nexus 9
Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 8.0
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Pro
Nokia N1
Nvidia Shield
Nvidia Shield LTE
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 3G
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 3G
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Feck. Looks like I need a new iPad. :D

NoLogo

Ah shit totally forgot it's probably again not going to be available on the German store because fecking EA still has the license to player and league names in Germany despite the fact that they aren't even releasing a game anymore.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I have 2 sets of teams, rotate them every match. Full rotation normally bar the keeper.

Training sets to heavy , rest after the match. Didn't have any problems with injury. Oh, try not to play a player with less than 90% condition. Off course it's hard to do at the first season without adequate backup, but after a while you'll be set in no time.

Take a breather on easy matches you've comfortably lead helps too