Gaming Football Manager 2019

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Forced to sell my best player to Bayern.

PSG, Monaco, United, Arsenal etc were just relentless in pursuing him and I just CBA with it ruining my team dynamic.

Bought him for 18M KR (Roughly £1.5 Million) and sold for 100M KR (Around £8 Million) 1 year later. Included a tasty 50% sell on clause too to soften the blow!

Wal2Fra

If anyone hasn't tried it yet. Fm mobile is great. Nice and speedy East to pick up and play.
I'm playing as Cardiff at the moment.
1st year - relegated
2nd - mid table championship
3rd won championship
4th finished 7th prem
5th finished 11th and semi of europa league
6th league champions!
7th. Current 7th.

Ps I'm stumbled upon a little exploit to sign players who aren't interested in joining you. Which is nifty
About to start one with Cardiff (on the touch version too)

Who from the 1st season team did you stick with? Anyone stand out as a good performer for you?

Berbaclass

I've started doing a Chelsea and buying young players to farm out on loan for "profit"

Generating an income of about 5M Kr a month for young/reserve players which will end up being about 50M Kr a year (~£5 Million) which I'm pretty happy with. Also helps the other teams in the league, which in turn should bring up the coefficients and then the league rating.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

Amazing form from an 18 year old Greenwood in season 2 :drool:

No Love

I've started doing a Chelsea and buying young players to farm out on loan for "profit"

Generating an income of about 5M Kr a month for young/reserve players which will end up being about 50M Kr a year (~£5 Million) which I'm pretty happy with. Also helps the other teams in the league, which in turn should bring up the coefficients and then the league rating.
Interesting stuff. Sounds similar to Second Yellow Card on YouTube and his ‘Building a Nation’ concept.

Berbaclass

Picked up this guy from Urawa for £1.4 Million. What a beast :drool:

Takaya Shimoda his real name is so I had to give him a suitable nickname...

A few more that I'm really excited about too...

Grooming this guy to be my new BPD, trying to get his technique/first touch up. Only problem is he's a bit injury prone!

Fecking 6'8 though :lol: I didn't even realise that till I saw him in the 3D match engine :lol:

Minkaro

First touch of 16 for Sasquatch? The poster child of "good feet for a big man"

Art Vandelay

I've a striker like that joining me in January. He's currently 15 years old, 6'6'' has 15 in first touch and 16 in finishing. He's the second most complete striker at the club after Icardi.

Match against Leeds rescheduled to a Friday night for TV. That would be fine if it wasn't international week and I've players away both Wednesday and Thursday playing matches. The FA is out to screw me. I'd 6 players booked against Liverpool, they had none, despite them committing more fouls.

Berbaclass

Just battered Barca and lost 3-2. Was 2-0 up with 30 mins left. Equalised in the 90th minute and surprise surprise, got a penalty in the 93rd minute.

Fecking Ter Stegen saved them :rolleyes:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Just battered Barca and lost 3-2. Was 2-0 up with 30 mins left. Equalised in the 90th minute and surprise surprise, got a penalty in the 93rd minute.

Fecking Ter Stegen saved them :rolleyes:
I hate playing Barça: your team can be doing a perfect game, then suddenly Messi scores from mid range/slalom/cuts inside and shoot/free kick/etc, and all your effort crumbles.

Berbaclass

I hate playing Barça: your team can be doing a perfect game, then suddenly Messi scores from mid range/slalom/cuts inside and shoot/free kick/etc, and all your effort crumbles.
Don't even have that excuse sadly. It's currently 2027 in my save.

Got fecked over by this guy instead...

Berbaclass

Found this young english AM a few years ago pretty randomly at Cambridge of all places, he was a regen of some tiny Welsh club. Took a punt on him because I liked his mentals and he's just becoming a beast!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was mainly doing a United save up until now, but decided to download one of the custom database updates (that main one on the community SI forum by pr0), and started the save as an unemployed manager with all my badges/licenses but only a regional level professional footballer (above it there's pro footballer national level, international footballer with 2 levels). Had interviews at Salford City and Oldham so far... but league 2 is looking like the level that I have to start with. Going to be rough. Salford City would be nice though.

Not sure how I want to go forward with my persona in game. Should I be a ruthless hard ass that doesn't budge and has ridiculous demands? Always had fun with these types but it's definitely a longer term commitment because it takes a while before you can actually start getting players that you know.

In Ole managing United news... They signed Rabiot on a free!

Edit: Got a 2 year contract from Salford. Noticed the snuck into my "agreed promises" that I won't apply for other jobs. Feck that. If I can go to the championship in my first season, I'm doing it.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

I now remember why I had previously stopped playing this. Interacting with your own players is just a lesson in frustration. Coach points out to me player has trained badly, his attributes all have red arrows beside them and so it's time to have a word.

Me: I'm disappointed in your recent training performances.
Him: I'm staggered you've come to that conclusion.
Me: Literally anything other than agreeing that he's right.
Him: Maybe I could push myself harder but I don't think the criticism was necessary.
Me: In what fecking universe does what you just said make any fecking sense you absolute tit? feck off out of my office I'm fining you 2 weeks wages and you can wipe Phil Jones' arse the next time he mangles himself and can't move. I catch you slacking off in training again and I'll have your ankles broken for what you're being paid a week you lazy wee bastard. (Is what I'd like to say) But instead I have to give them some sort of generic answer that also doesn't make any sense.
Him: I won't let this go! You've meddled with powerful forces beyond your ken mortal and you will know my wrath!

Or something to that effect which then has the player stropping for months because he himself didn't train well and even admitted it. It makes no sense. "Maybe I didn't train well, but how dare you do your job and speak to me about it." I'm hiring Roy Keane, feck them. Wankers. It's 50/50 what reaction you will get from players when telling them off for their training performances, but one of the 50's is just nonsense.

Art Vandelay

I'm also really regretting signing Icardi. He's scored 7 goals in 11 starts and 6 sub appearances, which is ok. Not £130m ok, but ok. The problem is that when he doesn't score he is between a 6.1 and a 6.5 rating. Even when he does score he doesn't score important goals, he misses chance after chance or gets no chances at all in some games. His goals are all the 4th or 5th goal in a 5-0 win. He's been a bit cack and Rashford has displaced him.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm also really regretting signing Icardi. He's scored 7 goals in 11 starts and 6 sub appearances, which is ok. Not £130m ok, but ok. The problem is that when he doesn't score he is between a 6.1 and a 6.5 rating. Even when he does score he doesn't score important goals, he misses chance after chance or gets no chances at all in some games. His goals are all the 4th or 5th goal in a 5-0 win. He's been a bit cack and Rashford has displaced him.
Always been my experience with Icardi on various FM games. Not sure what his dribbling stat is on 19 but I remember training it extensively on FM17 and getting it up to 16/17 and he was a different striker. Must’ve scored 50 goals a season for about 6-7 seasons with many mazy run goals.

Though I had to have two up front to get him scoring crazily too. On his own he was often shit.

GazTheLegend

Currently playing a save as York City, doubly promotion to league two.

Signed an ex Man Utd youth called Di’Shon Bernard, terrible footballer (in fm at least) but an absolute unit apparently. Great lower league player.

Corie Andrews was a monster in the non league. 17 pace!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
There are so many young French CB's:
  • Jules Kounde
  • Mouctar Diakhaby
  • Dayot Upamecano
  • Joris Gnagnon
  • Ibrahima Konate
  • Nordi Mukiele
  • Evan N'Dicka
  • Jerome Onguene
  • Malang Sarr
  • Dan-Axel Zagadou
  • Boubacar Kamara
  • Mamadou Doucoure

Art Vandelay

Always been my experience with Icardi on various FM games. Not sure what his dribbling stat is on 19 but I remember training it extensively on FM17 and getting it up to 16/17 and he was a different striker. Must’ve scored 50 goals a season for about 6-7 seasons with many mazy run goals.

Though I had to have two up front to get him scoring crazily too. On his own he was often shit.
I've tried putting Rashford up front with him and switching to a diamond, I've tried switching from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 with Felix behind him, but the results rarely change. He does feck all and might score a late penalty. He's my joint top scorer with Asensio on 8, but he's played twice the amount of games.

I had good results with him a couple of years ago when I converted him into a complete forward, which I'm now going to try again. His dribbling is either 12 or 14, I can't remember which. It's not bad, but not great. He's generally quite well rounded, he just seems to do nothing. Coaches say he is very consistent and relishes big matches. He's been cack in big matches, but is definitely incredibly consistent. Every performance is identical to the last.

Berbaclass

So I started a new game with Whitby Town because I came across this website of a guy that does badge redesigns etc.

I'm originally from the North East and have been wanting to start a save for a while where I take a very low club and build them up. Like what LokiDoki has done with Fort William if anybody watches him. Until now I've not really picked a team/country to start with. It's a trivial thing but a team's colors/badge somehow make the game more appealing to me.

I've been playing as Malmo on my journeyman and the shade of blue that is used for them just really makes things difficult to read sometimes, it's pretty annoying and offputting to an extent. Whitby also uses blue/white for their colours but on the page that this guy had made about them he had made a black and white badge which looked fecking cool. So I went on the editor and changed everything to black and white and started my save with them!

This is the badge FAI:

Not really been doing so well in the actual save. Had a decent start winning 3 and drawing 1 of my first 4 games but it went to shit after that. I had been trying (and failed) to use a Conte style 3-5-2 but it just didn't work. I've reverted back to a basic 4-4-2 and things are getting better.

I'm annoyed ATM though because I went on a bad run and the board rightfully were unhappy with me but thankfully decided to give me more time. Since that meeting I won my first game in 13 games, I then beat the best team in the league and also took a Vanarama South team to a replay in the FA Trophy First Round, bear in mind that I'm two divisions below them. They've just told me that they are still unhappy with me FFS. I literally couldn't have had better results since the last time they were unhappy :houllier:

I'll be pissed off if I get sacked because I'm beginning to enjoy the struggle of football at this level.

Hostekule

Anyone see this?

The video game series “Football Manager” has a racism problem

A Quartz analysis of Football Manager’s data found that players and staff with darker skin tend to have worse ratings on non-physical attributes.
we also analyzed the professionalism ratings of more than 900 players on English Premier League team rosters who are currently making more than £1,000 ($1,270) per week (thereby excluding young academy players who are unlikely to appear in a Premier League match). Again, we find that lighter skin players tend to receive higher scores on non-physical attributes: 72% of players assigned a skin tone of 1-5 received a professionalism score of 10 or better, compared with just 55% of players assigned a skin tone of 16-20.
The article seems to suggest that the scouts carry a stereotypical racist idea towards blacks as more physical and less intelligent.

Hoof the ball

Decided to take over Javor in the 2nd flight of the Serbian league. With absolutely zero transfer budget and negative wage budget I managed to take the current squad and get them promoted as Champions in the first season by a good 18 points difference at the top. Now just starting my second season and first in the Serbian Premier League, so I'll be duking it out with Red Star and Partizan Belgrade for the foreseeable future. I'm predicted to fight a relegation battle, however, I got a draw vs. Partizan away in the first game and subsequently won my next two at home, 4-1 and 5-1, respectively. Was very fortunate enough to get a "Golden Generation" youth intake at the end of my first season, so, with still limited budget I'll be looking to building those kids up.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
So I'm currently starting the 2021/22 season. Man City won the CL last season, but they're not in the CL this year :lol:

Presumably something to do with FFP, just thought it's hilarious to win the CL but not be able to defend it.

Berbaclass

Might have found a save that I like. Been trying to find one that I enjoy and want to put the time into. Had a go as Whitby but that level of football I just hated. Was watching z guy do a save with Sparta Rotterdam on Youtube last night and decided I'd like to build a Dutch club up.

Selected Almere City in the 'Keuken Kampioen Divison' which is the Dutch second tier. They looked pretty poor and also have never won anything, never even finished higher than 8th in the Dutch second division.

Going to focus heavily on youth for the save. We actually share youth facilities with Ajax (I had no prior knowledge of this) and it's fair to say I'm happy with that arrangement :lol:

The first season I was relatively pleased with my year.

I started with the lowest coaching badge so all the players think I'm a massive cnut and it took me months for me to win them over but I have pretty good support ATM.

Been using my 'MalmoPress' tactic that I created at Malmo and I'm getting some really nice results. We were projected to finish 13th and I managed to finish in 9th (which got me into the playoffs) which I was very pleased with as I came in and did only tactical work and didn't really look at signing anybody, I tried more to develop my existing players in my first year.

In a way I'm glad we didn't end up getting promoted, we were definitely not ready for top division football and another year in the 2nd division deloping my young players will be very beneficial. I beat MVV from our division in the first round but lost to top division PEC Zwolle in the second round.

Summer window had been mixed. I spent money on only one player, 63k on a young German CM from Twente as I sold my first choice DLP to Sparta Rotterdam for 400k. They also bought another young CM prospect from me for around 250k. Also ended up selling a guy who I got in my first youth intake for ~200k. He had 2 determination so out the door you go pal :lol:

We've been predicted a 15th place finish this year, don't know why I feel like we're a pretty solid side ATM but I'm not paying much attention to that. I think I have a reasonable chance in the playoffs this time with my new additions and further developed youth players. I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't at the very least match what we did last year.