Gaming Football Manager 2019

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Are you not able to edit prior to loading the game anymore? I wanted to put United in the Championship to see if they’d win it and answer that crucial question.

Art Vandelay

Has anyone ever managed to turn Rashford into a genuine world class striker? I noticed in my first save with United that he never improved, he started off good and became a good back up player for Kane and actually played almost every week either on the wing or up front. He was my most used player, but his attributes never actually improved and he didn't become the 5 star rated player he was supposed to be. He just stayed the same.

I'm noticing on this game, he got injured at the start and was in poor form so I can forgive that. Then he came back and training stats dropped like they usually do after injury. So I had a word and he got stroppy. In the months since then he's played about 95% of my matches, every other young player has come on leaps and bounds yet he stays the same. He might get at most one green arrow in training, but that's it. I know if I say anything he'll claim he's being picked on. Trying to get him mentored to be more professional but that's not working out either.

Weekly training has De Ligt at a 10 every single week since mentoring got his personality changed to professional. Learning from Dave and Phil Jones helped him massively. Usually Tonali is 9+ since he became professional thanks to Ander and Lukaku. Often Greenwood is the other one praised, he's going to be replacing Rashford as first choice within a year if Rashford doesn't buck up his ideas.

Art Vandelay

I won the league in my first season with 3 games to spare. Lost once in the league so far away to Liverpool, bastards. Their goal infuriated me, it came when De Ligt took a throw in way out on the right wing and was consequently out of position. Why the feck is he taking that when Dalot is the throw in taker on the right side and he was on the pitch? I have Barca in the CL semi finals and Wolves in the FA Cup final.

I've never been more confused by a season, how we've only lost one game I do not know. My top scorer has 14 goals in all competitions. In fact my three top scorers Rashford, Chiesa and Lukaku have 7 goals between them since December. Chong hasn't had above a 6.6 in any game since January. Greenwood hasn't scored since January. The midfield and new signing Asensio have been carrying the goals and all his goals are in the last 5 minutes of matches when we are desperate, he's still learning to play as an inside forward on the right.

So I don't know what to do in the summer. I'm tempted to move for Kane or Icardi, but I feel Greenwood is only a year or two away from being top class and I don't want to hamper him. At the same time I can't go another year with my strikers so inconsistent, they are just not great finishers. Greenwood is actually the best finisher, but his movement isn't top class yet so doesn't get the same amount of chances. Barca are after Pogba, if they give me over £100m then he can go and I'll move for Eriksen, but they will most likely just repeatedly bid £40m for him.

Wayne's World

I won the league in my first season with 3 games to spare. Lost once in the league so far away to Liverpool, bastards. Their goal infuriated me, it came when De Ligt took a throw in way out on the right wing and was consequently out of position. Why the feck is he taking that when Dalot is the throw in taker on the right side and he was on the pitch? I have Barca in the CL semi finals and Wolves in the FA Cup final.

I've never been more confused by a season, how we've only lost one game I do not know. My top scorer has 14 goals in all competitions. In fact my three top scorers Rashford, Chiesa and Lukaku have 7 goals between them since December. Chong hasn't had above a 6.6 in any game since January. Greenwood hasn't scored since January. The midfield and new signing Asensio have been carrying the goals and all his goals are in the last 5 minutes of matches when we are desperate, he's still learning to play as an inside forward on the right.

So I don't know what to do in the summer. I'm tempted to move for Kane or Icardi, but I feel Greenwood is only a year or two away from being top class and I don't want to hamper him. At the same time I can't go another year with my strikers so inconsistent, they are just not great finishers. Greenwood is actually the best finisher, but his movement isn't top class yet so doesn't get the same amount of chances. Barca are after Pogba, if they give me over £100m then he can go and I'll move for Eriksen, but they will most likely just repeatedly bid £40m for him.
Play Pogba as an attacking Mezzala and he's one of the best players in the game. He once got top scorer in the Premier League for me with 24 goals and 15 assists in my second season so he gets better after the first

Art Vandelay

Play Pogba as an attacking Mezzala and he's one of the best players in the game. He once got top scorer in the Premier League for me with 24 goals and 15 assists in my second season so he gets better after the first
He got 29 goals as an advanced playmaker in a season for me in my last save. I don't mind if he stays or goes, if they bid high enough and he wants to go I'll let him. Joao Felix is on his way to being his long term replacement anyway so it's not a huge deal. I'd like Eriksen, but if that doesn't happen either then I'll just hand Felix the reigns a bit earlier than anticipated or keep Pogba.

What formation did you use a mezzala in? I've never bothered with it because my wingbacks bomb up and down the wing with my inside forward helping them out up the pitch. So wide areas tend to be covered. It might be interesting to try though.

Woodzy

Wondered why my December was suddenly filled with random friendlies and thought my game was bugged. Realized it was because of the Qatar World Cup, nice.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
If anyone hasn't tried it yet. Fm mobile is great. Nice and speedy East to pick up and play.
I'm playing as Cardiff at the moment.
1st year - relegated
2nd - mid table championship
3rd won championship
4th finished 7th prem
5th finished 11th and semi of europa league
6th league champions!
7th. Current 7th.

Ps I'm stumbled upon a little exploit to sign players who aren't interested in joining you. Which is nifty

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

They must never want to play us again :lol: Never seen anything like this before.

Art Vandelay

I just bought Icardi for £138m. If he doesn't solved by striker problem then I'm screwed. Hoping to get most of that back by selling Lukaku, Martial and Sanchez but will be lucky if I get £50m combined for them with the way teams have been bidding for my players.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I'm still playing Football Manager 2005, currently compete in season 2056-2057. Pretty much fun with unknown/imaginary players.
What's your training regimes? Struggling to get much improvements after 5 seasons.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Getting pissed off with the foreign player rules in Russia. You can have max 6 foreign players in the team at any one time. That's fair enough but there's just not enough quality Russian youth players available or ones that haven't been bought already by Spartak/Zenit etc.

Spartak's squad is insane BTW...

The wages :lol: :houllier::eek:

Art Vandelay

I've now started getting acceptable offers for my players. Teams willing to pay full price. Except now the thunder cnuts won't fecking leave! I've accepted 9 bids for Lukaku and Martial, they've turned down every contract even the ones from the teams they claim they want to go to.

Art Vandelay

After 18 agreed fees and over a year of trying to sell them I managed to get rid of one of Martial, Sanchez and Lukaku. Martial went to Bayern for £50m. Sanchez and Lukaku are currently training with my under 18's and refusing all offers.

I've brought in Icardi, Ruben Diaz and used the Martial money to get Hazard for £70m which is a bit of a bargain really. If him and Icardi click I could have a lethal front 3 with Asensio on the right. Then Sancho, Rashford, Chiesa and Chong ready to be rotated in.

Berbaclass

Currently have Gribbin and Gomes at CSKA and both are doing very well. On the verge of getting Greenwood on a free now :drool:

Art Vandelay

I've sent Greenwood to my feeder club Wigan for a season, hoping he pushes on there and can come back next year to displace Rashford.

Barca bid £40m for the non-transfer listed Poba. I told them £120m and he's theirs, they walked away because a deal could not be struck. Now he's upset because I priced him out despite having to just pay £130m for Icardi so that's clearly the going rate. Eriksen is available for £65m so I'm not opposed if everyone would just play fair.

Art Vandelay

Inter, PSG and Barca all wanted Pogba. He was shit in training and kicking up a fuss so I thought feck it and transfer listed him. Which has lead to no one one wanting him except Arsenal and Chelsea on loan.

Berbaclass

Just got this washed up middle aged Swedish guy with 19 long throws on a free transfer to stick on my bench. Nicknamed him 'Long Bomb' also becasue why not :lol:

My secret weapon :cool:

Art Vandelay

I signed Rabiot on a free transfer because no one wanted him. £40k a week and back up player, figured he can cover my midfield. Two weeks later I signed Eriksen because Pogba wanted to leave and I didn't want to take chances with the early closing transfer window in England. Rabiot kicked off, saying he was being replaced and bitching in the press. He'd been there 2 weeks and he'd started. So I transfer listed the silly haired twat. Sold him to Lyon for £36m four weeks after signing him on a free. Fans are up in arms because he was an important first team player and we didn't get enough for him. Despite making £36m profit on a back up player that didn't make a single appearance for us. Virtual Caf is very realistic, FC Rabiot are furious.

0le

I signed Rabiot on a free transfer because no one wanted him. £40k a week and back up player, figured he can cover my midfield. Two weeks later I signed Eriksen because Pogba wanted to leave and I didn't want to take chances with the early closing transfer window in England. Rabiot kicked off, saying he was being replaced and bitching in the press. He'd been there 2 weeks and he'd started. So I transfer listed the silly haired twat. Sold him to Lyon for £36m four weeks after signing him on a free. Fans are up in arms because he was an important first team player and we didn't get enough for him. Despite making £36m profit on a back up player that didn't make a single appearance for us. Virtual Caf is very realistic, FC Rabiot are furious.
I'm surprised it lets you sell the same player twice in the same window?

cj_sparky

Managing Ajax, tied De Ligt down to a contract until 2022 first season. Come January second season he is valued at £20m, start to get offers of £19m and a further £6m over 2 years for him. Thus he wants to leave. I'm not letting him leave for that when in any of the top 3 leagues he would have a value of £50-60m. But cannot get Utd, PSG or any other clubs to up their offers.

It's not just him who I feel is under value due to being in the Dutch league. Inter have unsettled Onana and Tagliafinco both worth £9.5m, by making loan offers with optional or fees after so many games that are less than their value.

3 players wanting out sigh.

Edit;

As I say that PSG, offered £25m with add ones and I asked for £50m up front, £15m over 3 years and 30% of future sale.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

I'm surprised it lets you sell the same player twice in the same window?
Me too, but it let me do it and he agreed a contract with no issues. It took 20+ attempts at contracts to get rid of Martial and Lukaku.

Sanchez I've had to send on loan with an option to buy, it was mandatory but as per fecking usual he refuses their contract offer. I'm still paying him £320k a week to play for someone else. Pogba is sat in my reserves after kicking up a fuss to join Barca who no longer want him now that he's transfer listed. Jones wanted to leave for first team football, but no one will buy him.

Berbaclass

Managing Ajax, tied De Ligt down to a contract until 2022 first season. Come January second season he is valued at £20m, start to get offers of £19m and a further £6m over 2 years for him. Thus he wants to leave. I'm not letting him leave for that when in any of the top 3 leagues he would have a value of £50-60m. But cannot get Utd, PSG or any other clubs to up their offers.

It's not just him who I feel is under value due to being in the Dutch league. Inter have unsettled Onana and Tagliafinco both worth £9.5m, by making loan offers with optional or fees after so many games that are less than their value.

3 players wanting out sigh.

Edit;

As I say that PSG, offered £25m with add ones and I asked for £50m up front, £15m over 3 years and 30% of future sale.
That's the worst/hardest thing about managing clubs like that. One of my best saves from a few years ago was with PSV. Thank god the dynamic system wasn't on that game, my god it would have ruined a brilliant team!

cj_sparky

That's the worst/hardest thing about managing clubs like that. One of my best saves from a few years ago was with PSV. Thank god the dynamic system wasn't on that game, my god it would have ruined a brilliant team!
I did a save with Esjberg last year, long term save. Managed to get the league rating up to 7th I think. I managed to get nearly every player to stay by saying they wouldn't find a better atmosphere or whatever the option is when they are unhappy about a bid rejection. None of the existing players in my Ajax team go for that though.

Luckily I have decent options at the back and won't miss De Ligt in the league. In Europe he will be a big miss though.

Art Vandelay

Anyone else worried their assistant might be insane? I sometimes let John Heitenga take the tactic briefings, he keeps emphasising that we press and show the other teams substitute keeper onto his weaker foot. He's not the brightest.

Last edited:

Berbaclass

Anyone else worried their assistant might be insane? I sometimes let John Heitenga take the tackle briefings, he keeps emphasising that we press and show the other teams substitute keeper onto his weaker foot. He's not the brightest.
Mine is a bit of a nutter at times.

Hoof the ball

Just started a new game with Javor in the Serbian 2nd division. Trying to create a rags-to-riches story but in an obscure foreign league. I'll try and get promoted to the top division, and then again try to do great job in the top division. Hopefully then get the job at a top Serbian team like Red Star Belgrade; then hop into a team like Feyenoord or Vitesse. Take my time and then aim to be at a top club like United after about ten seasons.

Berbaclass

Think I'm about to settle down with Malmo. Had been doing a 'journeyman' style save but really enjoying Sweden again. Building something really good!

Progression has been:

18/19 - Hemel Hempstead
19/20 - Yeovil
20/21 - Tubize
21/23 - Aston Villa (China U23 & Denmark)
23/25 - CSKA Moscow
25/Present - Malmo

Won the Championship with Villa and U23 AFC Championship with China and now about to win my first league title to add to the Swedish cup earlier in the season :drool:

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Rashford now has 2 goals since January for me. It's the end of October and he's at least come on as a sub in every game. He might be a bit shit. Icardi has 5 goals in 7 starts and 3 sub appearances. At first I worried that the only difference was going to be that he gets into better positions to waste more chances, but he's scoring regularly now.

Loaning Greenwood out has backfired, he's been shit and his attributes are dropping. Got injured too. I've a 16 year old 6'6'' German arriving in January that's already better than both Greenwood and Rashford. I'm sticking with my plan though of Icardi for a season or two until Greenwood is ready to take over. Then it's Greenwood and the German lad as my rotating strikers with Rashford maybe as back up if he ever remembers where the net is.